Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dollar General?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ain’t been to a Scheels in 30 years.

Only shop at Terry Don Young’s Guns, Guitars and Vacuum cleaners.

He treat ya right.

Uses the same faded out blue book as used by boomers at gun shows.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When your closest choices within an hour are Big Dons Gun Shop with $600 Remington 783s, Academy, Walmarks, or Dolla Gentral, you would welcome a Scheels to your area.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I like Scheels and will be there tomorrow to purchase some reloading supplies. Trading a gun to an organization that has special buying levels of new guns is not usually going to be a winner. It does allow you to get rid of the gun and decrease the price of the new gun but to think you're going to get more than you could sell it for outright is not a winning strategy in most cases.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 08/25/21. Reason: I hate spell check

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This is outrageous. Scheels is trying to make money?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
I took a used Ruger 10/22 to s cheels to sell . I had a very good Tasco scope on it my uncle gave me. I wanted at least $800 and they said no So I emailed Larry Potter , Kuiu and Sitka and meat eater and they all said no deal!!

Phug em all. I’m shopping g at Walmart from now on

Lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A buddy of mine worked at Scheels while in college. He said even employees don't get discounts on guns because the margin is so tight from what they paid to what they actually sell them for. He was told the guns are to lure people in the store to also buy other stuff.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is outrageous. People are trying to get a good deal?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Slope77
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

I agree the rest of the store is still OK, just the gun counter seems headed in a making money but not your normal store path.

The problem is - It leads the rest of the store in the same direction… Look at cabelas reloading now - woof.

Scheels is still largely or entirely owned by the Scheels family. When they sell it or go public is when it will truly go to heck - just like when the Cabelas brothers sold out.

Have never been to a Scheels. BUT, would be hard to be worse than Cabelas since the buy out.

If you think they're bad now, given the Cabelas scenario, things could get even worse after a buy out.

With a lot of family owned business, sometimes the second generation will take it forward, not always the case with succeeding generations.

DF

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Now that Menard’s was mentioned I can’t get their singing jingle out of my head........”Save Big Money At Menard’s”.

Its actually "you'll shave big monkeys, and punch a donkey, when you shop Menards". As far as Scheels, it's still quite good here in Appleton.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by trplem
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Now that Menard’s was mentioned I can’t get their singing jingle out of my head........”Save Big Money At Menard’s”.

Its actually "you'll shave big monkeys, and punch a donkey, when you shop Menards". As far as Scheels, it's still quite good here in Appleton.

Remember the old commercials that ended with "Big Menardy" leering at the camera?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (257 mag, 160user, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,847
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.