Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Question still stands:

Dude, have you ever done anything you can prove?

HR IC

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Diagnose yourself. Why do you feel compelled to post insults at people with experience in a thread where you admit to having none?

Why do you call someone a liar, then run hide when they post links to those with copious experience that proves you didn't know what you were talking about?

Why do you tell other posters they know nothing, then when Barsness or someone you like posts the exact same thing, you thank them profusely?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys give credit, I have a picture of Lee24 ready to set out on an antelope hunt... [Linked Image]......... BTW I'm just an idiot also, but an idiot who's BTDT 7mm-08 140 BTip Savage Striker Pistol.... [Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
VAnimrod -
Why don't you respond to the thread topic with YOUR experience hunting deer or antelope, and with the 7mm-08 in particular?

DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't you... PONY UP and post a picture of you with a dead critter?

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Lee24
Diagnose yourself. Why do you feel compelled to post insults at people with experience in a thread where you admit to having none?

No, posting insults is your game:

But while you are making stuff up, jds44, why not get it all wrong? Easy for some of you to do, though I don't understand the motivation for your showing your ass.

That's more intelligent than your normal post, DDP.
You must have gotten a lot of rest over the weekend.

Have you shot the 120-gr bullets in the wind alongside the 154-gr SST or 160-gr Gameking? Or do you just hold the Cabela's catalog to your forehead like Carnac the Marksman to "know" how they behave?

JDS, you just have your ass on your shoulders and want to yap at my heels.

Now, some Clipper (obsolete, also-ran database scripting language) programmer wants to see my code, in a language he admits to not understanding, so he can grade me. How stupid is that?

If you want to post about your fantasies of how you are somehow superior to me in some area, instead of about the thread topics, knock yourself out.

Think ahead, next time and don't be so rude. Just like on the playground, you might get your face rubbed in the dirt.

You are clearly here for the sole purpose of feeding your disease at the expense of the campfire and its members. You are exploiting the campfire and its people, likely because you've exhausted all real-world sources to feed your narcisism. You made it clear that you are the center of your universe when you tried to run the gunwriters out of here a year ago:

"Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends."

"Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)"

"Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist)"

"Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)"

"Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply)"
http://healthyplace.com/communities/personality_disorders/narcissism/narcissism_defined.html

Knowing about Narcisistic Personality Disorder makes it easy to understand your behavior, and also makes it absolutely necessary to put you on "ignore" to keep from feeding your disease. Anyone interacting with you here is giving you the "fix" your ego needs.

See ya.....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
VAnimrod -
Why don't you respond to the thread topic with YOUR experience hunting deer or antelope, and with the 7mm-08 in particular?

7mm-08 Encore, 120 Ballistic Tip
[Linked Image]

Most of us have been there, done that. Prove to us that you have.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you can't handle being wrong, don't make assertions you cannot back up.

A lot of you just want to brag and post pictures. That's fine.
You need to realize that a deer shot with one bullet at 75 yards may have no bearing on the suitability of a different bullet on anteleope at 350 yards. If you are obnoxious, someone may tell you that your experience is irrelevant to the topic. Don't get mad - take heed, and post in the appropriate thread.

The only "sickness" is the notion that I, and some others, "start it" by posting factual information or our opinions based on personal experience. This sick notion is the emotional problem of those encountering opinions and facts at odds with their opinions.

I only intended to make one post here, a suggestion. It received an ignorant response, so I elaborated with facts about one particular bullet. ... More ignorant claims, and more links debunking those baseless comments = angrier trolls.

Just because I don't walk away every time the trolls stink up a thread does not make me a bad guy, just someone that cyber bullies don't like. If you crapped on the floor in a public restaurant, I someone might make you eat it. Same here.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
our opinions based on personal experience

There's the whole problem in a nut shell - you have proven to us on multiple occasions that you have ZERO personal experience on which to base your opinions. You either post something you've read that someone else did, quote stuff you found with Google, or just flat out make [bleep] up. Show us something you've actually done.

DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lee,
Only 1 Troll on this thread... YOU. I posted actual experience with the bullets in question, on the game in question. You turned it into a debate about the merits of the 160 Game King out of a 7x57 for match shooting... then about math/physics... then about programing language. Why is it everytime you're challenged you seem to become an expert at something new? I also addressed the direct questions you asked... still you chose to ignore reality and inject your complete lack of hunting knowledge into this thread. JB is respected here... and everywhere in the shooting community, that is true. He didn't however endorse your 160 GK vs. any other bullet... he pointed out they'd work... and expand even on a critter that's not much bigger than a coyote. No one doubted whether or not they'd work... just doubted if they were necessary. You still haven't pointed out why that extra 1.5" in wind drift would make any difference in a real hunting situation... why not?

The reason you don't 'walk away everytime the trolls stink up a thread'... is because you like your own brew. You smelt it... you dealt it! ~JT

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Id didn't say the 154-gr or 160-gr was necessary, just that you should try them if you haven't, in the wind, at 300 to 400 yards, alongside your normal 140-gr and zippy 120-grainers.

And I was not wrong about anything I said:
- The 160-gr Gameking is a superior longrange bullet for the 7mm-08

- The 160-gr Gameking has set target matches at 300 and 600 yards, because it can be made to shoot small groups and predictably in the wind.

- John Barsness said he has seen it work well on antelope.

- mathman and everyone else uses only the one dimension - bullet muzzle exit speed - to compute energy, trajectory and wind drift. All the other mumbo jumbo about scalars and vectors was just a failed attempt at appearing clever.

- I have written more than one ballistics program, and some do use velocity as part of a vector input parameter, when the trajectory is for artillery at really long range, or when the firing platform is in motion relative to the Earth and target.

CAS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

And I was not wrong about anything I said:
- The 160-gr Gameking is a superior longrange bullet for the 7mm-08

- The 160-gr Gameking has set target matches at 300 and 600 yards, because it can be made to shoot small groups and predictably in the wind.

Actually in that 7mm weight range, the 160gr GameKing is a rather wretched choice given it's extraordinarily low BC of only .460 to .470. Compare that to The Hornady 162 A-Max at .625, the Hornady 154gr IB at .525, the Berger 168gr at .645 the Nosler 160gr AB at .531 or the Nosler 150gr BT at .493 and it is easy to see that there are a BUNCH of better choices if one wants to go heavy.

Heck, even look at the 120gr BT with it's BC of .417 and the ability to be driven between 600 and 700 fps faster, and it is quite apparent that speaking of ballistics only, the 160gr GK is quite easy to improve upon.

Of course, if you had actually shot any of those bullets you might know that.

CAS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
jds,

You really screwed up by letting him know which code you were familiar with before he answered. No matter what one you said, he would have replied with "No, that's not it".

It is akin to playing pick a number with a 6 year old.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't posted on this thread yet but have been following along, and I'm not sure what you all have against Lee24, but I have to say I agree with most all of his posts. But then I am a guy who does like heavy-for-caliber bullets. I like 150's and 160's in my 270, and 180's in my 30-06. I haven't tried them yet, but I've always thought a 200 grain Accubond would be an awesome long range bullet out of the 30-06. I would also think that a 160 grain Accubond would do wonders out of a 7/08 (or, the 160 Sierra Gameking.) Sure the heavier bullets start out a little slower at the muzzle, but muzzle velocity isn't what counts when you're taking 400 yard shots.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah I knew that his answer would be something other than what I said. I was hoping he'd come out and name something though after I tossed those 2 out there, cause those ain't the only 2 languages I'm familiar with. smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It is your OPINION that the 160-gr Gameking "is a wretched choice" for target shooting.

It is the FACT that expert shooters chose it and used it to set match records back in the day before there were better match bullets for the 7mm-08. It beat the .308 with 168 SMK, 173, 175, 180, etc.

JDS44, everyone knows you would like to goad me into something that would get me tossed out of your little sand box. Then you could blow smoke each others' skirts.

A 190-gr .308 polymer-tipped bullet would be of interest to me for hunting. You need something with the throat and rifling to handle it. It should outshoot a 175-gr bullet traveling about 200 fps faster.

CAS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee, it is a FACT that the 160gr GameKing can't compete with scores of bullets of similar weight when it comes to BC. Since your whole argument was that the GameKing was a superb long range bullet because of it's 1.5" less drift (due to it's higher BC), then you are being intellectually dishonest to now say that other bullets that enjoy an even HIGHER BC are not superior to the GameKing.

It is your OPINION that the 160-gr Gameking "is a wretched choice" for target shooting.

It is the FACT that expert shooters chose it and used it to set match records back in the day before there were better match bullets for the 7mm-08. It beat the .308 with 168 SMK, 173, 175, 180, etc.

And you can't see the irony in your post? You flat out admit that there are better long range bullets available today.

What was best 30 years ago, isn't necessarily what is best today. Again, if you were to actually shoot once in a while, you would know that.

CAS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

DAMNIT! How did I miss that the first time. Lee has once again changed the discussion from hunting back to target shooting.

Please try and keep on track, Lee. It is difficult to follow with you bobbing and weaving like a damn jackrabbit.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

- mathman and everyone else uses only the one dimension - bullet muzzle exit speed - to compute energy, trajectory and wind drift. All the other mumbo jumbo about scalars and vectors was just a failed attempt at appearing clever.

- dimensions. a. measurement in length, width, and thickness

bullet muzzle exit speed is neither a length, a width, or a thickness.

If you are going to pretend to be an expert engineer. You might gain a little credibility if you were more precise with your presentations.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bdan68
I haven't posted on this thread yet but have been following along, and I'm not sure what you all have against Lee24, but I have to say I agree with most all of his posts. But then I am a guy who does like heavy-for-caliber bullets. I like 150's and 160's in my 270, and 180's in my 30-06. I haven't tried them yet, but I've always thought a 200 grain Accubond would be an awesome long range bullet out of the 30-06. I would also think that a 160 grain Accubond would do wonders out of a 7/08 (or, the 160 Sierra Gameking.) Sure the heavier bullets start out a little slower at the muzzle, but muzzle velocity isn't what counts when you're taking 400 yard shots.

bdan-
I too like to use some heavy-for-caliber bullets in some rounds for some jobs. Like those you mentioned, most of them involve long-action or magnum calibers, (.270/150gr., 30-06/200gr., and .338/250gr.).

I was dissappointed in the velocities I was getting from my 7-08 with heavy bullets. Couldn't get close to advertised velocities with published data. (It has a short 20" barrel). Maybe with more powder experimentation I could get a 160 grain load to break 2600, but so far none have. I just went lighter on the bullets instead, trying to stay above 2700fps. Wouldn't you agree that there is a point at which low muzzle velocity begins to become a factor because it effects trajectory and remaining velocity at 400 yards?

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16gage, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,995 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.