Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Looks like Horgan is pushing ahead with vaccine passport requirements starting September 13 if you want to dine out or attend public gatherings. Didn't think it would come to this, but he never ceases to surprise.

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Saw that, and admit I was surprised too. Not sure why, nothing should surprise us now.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I noted that it was awfully convenient that unvaxxed individuals won't be allowed into indoor public gatherings after September 13th.

Awfully difficult to vote if you can't go into a building, and your voter card is burnt up in a forest fire....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Federal NDP is the same party as the Provincial NDP...another reason not to vote for these Communists......
The "shot" doesn't stop the spread of the Wuhan, wtf are they talking about?

Is there a more sinister news group than Global? They seem to know the narrative days in advance, almost like Horgan is the editor....... They are herding people into the pen, at the same time putting the final nail in the coffin of many businesses. They claim they are doing it for the sake of the business community LOL.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wont be forgetting where I spend my hard earned money, all these "woke" businesses can shove it up their azz....
Wont be able to go into a liquor store??.....bootleggers take notice...FU Bonnie Henry...pos.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have not heard how non BC Canadian citizens will access restaurants, etc.? We can pretty much guarantee that there will be some significant bumps in this piece of road! As I understand it you need the passport on your phone or you will have to phone someone to get a paper copy produced for you (and I assume mailed to you). I'm not saying we don't have a problem with numbers rising, just not sure this has been thought through very well.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I seldom go into restaurants or attend public gatherings. Anyplace which requires proof of vaccination, I will be avoiding. Whether or not I am vaccinated is my business and nobody else's unless I wish to volunteer the information. GD

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"And he causeth all both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads, and that no man may buy or sell, save he that had the mark" etc.......

See any similarities from what Satan has in store for us, and what this and other current Governments are doing??

I'm not against the "shot", I am going for natural immunity, if they would simply quit lying I would be more confident in their approach.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
"And he causeth all both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads, and that no man may buy or sell, save he that had the mark" etc.......

See any similarities from what Satan has in store for us, and what this and other current Governments are doing??

I'm not against the "shot", I am going for natural immunity, if they would simply quit lying I would be more confident in their approach.

Agreed. Something smells about this whole deal...they are trying to hard to force the vaccine down our throats. Whatever happened to "my body my choice" ?? I dont trust them because as you said they just keep lying. There is absolutley no question now that ivermectin, HQ and a few other repurposed drugs work much better than the vaccine, but they still wont allow them to be used. This even though the science overwhelmingly shows they work. People are dying because of it...

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030208101/mississippi-livestock-drug-ivermectin-covid-misinformation

Since some people are so concerned about vaccine approvals shouldn't they also be concerned about drugs that some people want to use to treat Covid.

Ivermectin is not FDA approved for humans - It is used for treating livestock.

Edit: Might as well put this here too. Also not approved.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...lpful-in-preventing-covid-19-study-finds

Obviously the Science doesn't show that they work and can cause serious side effects.

Last edited by PSE; 08/25/21.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And like many studies around the world, results are unproven. They will continue to study, but for now, it's not an option. Here's a study from Alberta Health Services that said:

KEY FINDINGS

• The studies evaluating ivermectin treatment are not high enough quality to properly decide if ivermectin is useful or not. Most studies did not clearly describe the effect of the other medications given to patients or what other factors might influence their findings (“confounding”), did not have an adequate comparator group to assess if there was a difference in patients given ivermectin, or were too small to be sure that any effect of ivermectin seen was real.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to prevent infection with COVID-19, four low quality studies showed that ivermectin may reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection; however, there were several confounding factors, and we don’t know what else the study participants were doing that might have influenced their risk of infection. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to prevent infection.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to treat people with COVID-19, seven studies that had a control group (ie. a group of participants that did not receive ivermectin) reported the effect of ivermectin on death from COVID-19. Four showed that deaths from COVID-19 went down, while three showed that deaths from COVID-19 were not affected. All seven studies were small and were of low or very low quality, so we can’t be sure that their findings were real. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to treat COVID-19.

• The available data on ivermectin purchasing in Alberta doesn’t clearly show us if it is being used for purposes other than parasitic infections (ie. for COVID-19).

RECOMMENDATIONS

• At this time, ivermectin should not be prescribed or taken to treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, as we need to establish whether it is truly useful.

• Scientists in Alberta should support clinical trials of ivermectin to help clarify whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or not.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
And like many studies around the world, results are unproven. They will continue to study, but for now, it's not an option. Here's a study from Alberta Health Services that said:

KEY FINDINGS

• The studies evaluating ivermectin treatment are not high enough quality to properly decide if ivermectin is useful or not. Most studies did not clearly describe the effect of the other medications given to patients or what other factors might influence their findings (“confounding”), did not have an adequate comparator group to assess if there was a difference in patients given ivermectin, or were too small to be sure that any effect of ivermectin seen was real.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to prevent infection with COVID-19, four low quality studies showed that ivermectin may reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection; however, there were several confounding factors, and we don’t know what else the study participants were doing that might have influenced their risk of infection. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to prevent infection.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to treat people with COVID-19, seven studies that had a control group (ie. a group of participants that did not receive ivermectin) reported the effect of ivermectin on death from COVID-19. Four showed that deaths from COVID-19 went down, while three showed that deaths from COVID-19 were not affected. All seven studies were small and were of low or very low quality, so we can’t be sure that their findings were real. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to treat COVID-19.

• The available data on ivermectin purchasing in Alberta doesn’t clearly show us if it is being used for purposes other than parasitic infections (ie. for COVID-19).

RECOMMENDATIONS

• At this time, ivermectin should not be prescribed or taken to treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, as we need to establish whether it is truly useful.

• Scientists in Alberta should support clinical trials of ivermectin to help clarify whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or not.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

Steve , I have been ivermectin'd roughly twice a year for a long time. We use it topically on our chickens,
and cows( pour on) orally in the horses ( by mouth)
I seldom. Where gloves and always get this on my hands and enters the body through the skin, systemically. It is tough on gut flora. We take plenty of supplements to enhance these losses.
Either way, I am covid free- double vaxed too.
I also enjoy Forty Creek Rye whiskey, pretty sure it is anti covid in some way. Maybe the Yank's sour mash has the same effect.
I think this presumption might go viral in a good way, perhaps create a little more more joy for all of the covid weary folks out there. Cheers

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The big reason why Bonnie Henry gave the nod to the passport is because of the push from entities like, the "Surrey board of trade" and other big business to implement the passport. Its a Coastal thing, that is where the support for the NDP is, not the interior. Nobody gives a shyte about the "Surrey board of trade"

First it was the pandemic, then when we started opening things up, we had massive fires, many businesses were shut down again, and now......they are being handcuffed once more.....does anyone wonder why they are frustrated?? The interior is in an altogether different boat than the Coastal region.

People are defying her mask orders and frankly had enough of her crap. She lost me in the beginning of the pandemic when she came out crying and breaking down on National TV. I usually have a strong stomach but she really had me concerned and thought I was going to die for sure. Then I realized she was just unhinged.

The last time the NDP were in power in this Province, 10% of its Citizens were out of work. They are no friend to the working men and women of this or any Province.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning my friend, I hope the nights are cooler for you all up there too and the situation has leveled off at least somewhat.

We're still very dry here, but they say the Thomas Creek fire is contained and Nk'Mip is not growing so that's good news.

With the understanding that I'm now a couple years out of the HR loop, but at one time was actually an HR/Safety Mgr so am not entirely unversed in the subject, I'll throw this out.

When the Privacy Act came in there were a whole list of questions that employers could no longer ask either potential or current employees. Included were religious beliefs, sexual orientation or medical conditions.

We could ask if they had any conditions preventing them from doing the prescribed task, but they were under no obligation to answer anything beyond yes or no.

What does that mean and why do I bring this up you could ask?

Well..... you might have to have a vax pass to get into the movies, but Billy behind the counter might not have one to work there. Or your bar tender, or your server at a restaurant because the employer would be violating the Privacy Act asking.

How then do the folks employed at Health Care and Federal government have to answer and comply without violating the Privacy Act?

Well.... that's a really good question, because it does and their employers are violating the Act.

Frankly I don't know if it's part of their respective union's collective agreement that they've waived that right or exactly what the situation is.

As well, case law in Canada usually stems from someone challenging an action in court, a decision being made by the courts and then the laws either amended or changed.

This is frankly pretty untested, as were many of the beer flu restrictions levied by various provincial governments which were in direct violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

There was and continues to be, a lot of strange things afoot 673, too many to keep track of some days, you know?

Lastly, if not for ourselves, we must remain vigilant and keep our governments culpable for their actions for our children and grandchildren. It's our responsibility I believe.

All the best to you sir and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone can be a most heinous child molester, sex offender...and walk into any establishment, unfettered, so long as you have the passport LOL.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
…or run the country.

Pitter Patter!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The passport will compel more people to get vaccinated.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I may be vaccinated but I will never have a passport; nor will I attend any event or go to any establishment which requires one. GD

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
The passport will compel more people to get vaccinated.

No it wont.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Haha! You can stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue. Victoria has spoken.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.