Campfire Tracker
Todd

Coyotes shot no waiting.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Never seen a darkie on a dove hunt.
Their 13% is ill represented with 0 out of 300 people on a field.

Two black friends I grew up with would go dove hunting with me when we were kids. They loved to come over and eat supper with us afterwards.

I’d always tell them Mom was fixing fried chicken and watermelons. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/04/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
you no shootin' bastard is a common phrase here

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Future is coming up fast...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They all pull train, or just Tractor?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Never seen a darkie on a dove hunt.
Their 13% is ill represented with 0 out of 300 people on a field.

Can't hold a shotgun sidewise?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by renegade50
1. Chad
2. Trey
3. Bryce
4. Colton
5. Kyle
6. Cody
7. Chip
8. Spencer
9. Kayden
10. Tad

Honorable mentions ?

Many of these per Renegade50

#4...
Name with 2 C,s I was trying to remember the other day.
Colton Colston....

18 yr old Toehead...
Dumber than a tree stump.
Daddy the Toolpusher got him a job.

What a PITA to work with.
SMH....
0 retention instant brain dump type....
Moved up to drill floor in record time to roughneck.
AMF...go share your stupid elsewhere and make others life at work a living hell....
Bout week 2 on the drill floor
He dropped a spud wrench down the drill hole.
No tie off
Had it in his back pocket for some reason.
0 reason for that tool to be on the drill floor at the time.
Just keplunk down the hole.
Cease drilling ops pull pipe.
Go fishing back in hole with mag tool and the whole process doing that.
14 hr shutdown..
Lucky it didnt get jammed in the BOP somewhere.
That would have been a goat f u c k pulling that.
Cost company about 150k of lost time..
Colton wasnt making many friends that day..

Kept his job of course......
Protected species in the friends and family hiring plan...

🥴🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄

Hell if y’all were only down for 14 hours for a fishing job, it could have been a lot worse.

Here’s some names:

Faris - a company man I saw drop a flash light down the hole trying to look at the BOP from the rig floor during a trip after we pulled the rotating head. 7,500’ vertical with a curve landed on tens and drilled out 3 stands. Tripping to case/cement and then pick up slim tools to go back in and drill the production section.

Know what we did? Ran casing and cement and drilled ahead. Never saw that flashlight again. Cheap flashlight’s a lot different than a spud wrench, though. Those hands never let that company man live that down, either.

Company man said if he wanted to go fishing, he woulda took that hitch off and went offshore.

Jeddy - Speaking of the protected species, we had a worm hand on that rig named Jeddy that got his job because the pusher was dating his sister. Kid must have been 20 years old and weighed like 110. Nobody on the crew liked him. They were always trying to get him run off.

We’re picking up a 9 5/8” BHA one day and he’s tailing a monel in through the v-door and only had a single loop on it. They asked him if he was sure he had it and he said pick it up. Even with the elevators kicked out, that thing swung in and hit the stump. Pin threads were done. We didn’t have a spare on location so there’s this same company man out there with an angle grinder trying to re-cut the threads while we waited on another non-mag collar from town. He got them done to where he thought it was good enough and had the boys make it up and send it down hole. I kept waiting on that BHA to twist off but it never did. Pusher found out what happened and got onto the crew for letting that worm try to tail the collar in by himself.

Had a worm driller on that rig, too, but I can’t remember his name. I think it was David. Tripping pipe one day and he kicks the pumps on after racking one back with the block crowned out not screwed into anything since we were tripping with elevators. It was one of those good west Texas days where the wind was blowing about 700mph, too. My pickup was straight downwind. He covered half the location with OBM. My truck was brown from one end to the other. Then the crew that came out to clean everything scratched the paint to hell with the pressure washer hose covered in caliche dirt. XTO paid for new paint on my whole rig. Only thing they ever bought me. I can still find dried OBM under the hood if I look hard enough.

Here’s a few pictures, my truck isn’t supposed to have black wheels:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ahhhhhh OBM. Offshore.

Top 4 oh chits....

4. Swivel packing going out on Varco top drive.

3. Mud pump pop offs weren’t plumbed anywhere. Can fug up a pump room quicker than hand can call driller on guitronics.

2. Worm shaker hand closed gates on ditch. Shakers were over running. Filled up ditch. And deck. Luckily didn’t go over kick plate.

1. Flow line came apart @ dresser sleeve under rig floor. Covered platform. And walkway and satellite platform.
Co man: did any go in the water?
Night Toolpusher: i don’t *think* so.
Co man: good deal. 😂 resumes watching Gunsmoke.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just thought of another couple

“Devin and Dustin”

The moron twins

lol

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ahhhhhh OBM. Offshore.

Top 4 oh chits....

4. Swivel packing going out on Varco top drive.

3. Mud pump pop offs weren’t plumbed anywhere. Can fug up a pump room quicker than hand can call driller on guitronics.

2. Worm shaker hand closed gates on ditch. Shakers were over running. Filled up ditch. And deck. Luckily didn’t go over kick plate.

1. Flow line came apart @ dresser sleeve under rig floor. Covered platform. And walkway and satellite platform.
Co man: did any go in the water?
Night Toolpusher: i don’t *think* so.
Co man: good deal. 😂 resumes watching Gunsmoke.

I’ve seen 2 & 3. Except I was only on land rigs so when I saw #2, it just went all over the place from Maine to Spain. The crew was so jam up that the driller was the first one to catch it when his volume was off. Thought we were taking losses. We were. To the pad. Night hands were just down there in the change house watchin the world go by.

Man, that story about the Co man and the flow line coming apart made me remember this time we started taking gas at the shakers. Shut everything in and stopped while the gas crew came out. This co man had all the hands bring their box fans from their rooms and line them all around the porch to his trailer and hung a few sniffers out there and in his office so he didn’t have to leave his chair/tv and go to the muster point. Gas was so bad that the gas hand’s meter couldn’t read it. Pulled two vials from the shakers and couldn’t get a reading on the 2,000ppm test, the 10,000ppm test showed it around 6,500ppm.

But that co man wasn’t missing the Alabama game.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 09/04/21.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.