-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is easier to blame opiate addiction on the Oxi manufacturers for the initial addiction.
Then comes the unassisted struggle with withdrawal. And street level alternatives.

Where’s the fentanyl and CarFentanyl coming from ?
Illicit labs in China is the source most often cited

Better controls are needed

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In BC it's closer to 80% fully vaccinated.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
After a three week trip with the 10 year old travel trailer and getting ready for a northern hunt, I have long list of repairs and getting ready, so a bunch of running around . Every time I have to go back to the truck to get the mask I forgot , I soundly curse the diniers and anti-vaxxers that have made masks mandatory again.

I curse the weak willed cowardly anti science covidiots like you

Gold stars to be worn by those with actual immunity

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
In BC it's closer to 80% fully vaccinated.

What is the percentage of African Canadians now in BC?

Almost zero so high vax rates but appears BC is white supremacy territory due to lack of diversity. Maybe Trudeau can don black face again and visit BC?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It is the free wheeling attitude of the vaccinated, mingling freely, confident in their perceived immunity, which has done so much to spread the virus further. The MSM is working overtime to come up with new lies and distortions of truth to deflect the blame to the minority who are not vaccinated.
One thing is true. If you are at risk of a poor outcome; if you are old, overweight, and/or diabetic, you will want to take whatever steps you can to avoid infection. If you do get sick, the medical service providers mostly plan to let you get real sick, then shove a tube down your throat. They have no other treatment in their toolbox. They refuse to even consider alternative therapies.
Currently, in BC, slightly over 1/10 of one percent of the population have covid. Most have other factors in play as well. In some cases, these people have health issues which make it inadvisable for them to get vaccinated as the side effects may be too severe. Meanwhile, those who are vaccinated continue to signal their virtue while endangering their fellow citizens. GD

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know about that. It seems that now the vaccinations are proving successful, some people now are looking to blame those who have the shots. The answer remains the same. If you have not been vaccinated, get the shots!

I pulled this from the BC news.

Unvaccinated fill ICUs
85% of BC patients in intensive care with virus are unvaccinated
Colin Dacre - Sep 9, 2021

Unvaccinated British Columbians, an increasingly small segment of the population, are taking up a vastly disproportionate share of critical care beds, straining a healthcare system already at the brink in the Thompson-Okanagan.

During a call with reporters Thursday, Health Minister Adrian Dix said of the 130 people across B.C. in intensive care with COVID-19, 111 of them are unvaccinated. Ten are partially vaccinated and nine are fully vaccinated.

“This number of people, unvaccinated, sick in our ICUs, they are receiving some of the best healthcare we have ever seen,” Dix said, adding doctors and nurses are doing extraordinary work to keep people alive.

“However, I want to be very clear. Everyone would rather be doing something else.”

While just 14.7% of the population is still unvaccinated, the demographic has created immense pressures on some hospitals, particularly Kelowna and Kamloops.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...tensive-care-with-virus-are-unvaccinated

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
And he will carefully avoid saying how many of those are unable to be vaccinated or why they were hospitalized in the first place. Dix has an agenda and will say or withhold whatever is necessary to push it forward. We'll never know how many of those in IC (2% of the active cases in BC) are in there for underlying conditions or how many would not have been there with some sort of anti-viral intervention short of intubation and a ventilator.
I know more people who have suffered serious side effects from the vaccine ( from seizures, to weakness, recurrence of other viral infections, to circulatory problems) than have suffered serious effects from covid.
Meanwhile, North America has still been unable to produce it's own variant. We have had to import them all; which we are, apparently, more than willing to do. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Calling BC white supremacy territory, man, you are so far out to lunch you are no longer in the planetary system .

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's unfortunate that some people cannot be vaccinated due to medical conditions. The rest have the opportunity to protect themselves, and should.

I don't know when vaccinations became a sort of push back against the government or the medical community. People on this board and elsewhere make wild claims or quote unreliable/unproven sources. Neither you nor I are doctors, so our opinions on what caused COVID, how to get rid of it, treatments, etc. are those of completely unqualified individuals.

We train people to fix cars, be cabinetmakers, or operate CNC machinery. We also train people to become doctors and scientists. In all cases, when something isn't working, we go to the person qualified to put things right. COVID is no different.

It is unfortunate, but people who do not heed the advise suggested by doctors are putting themselves in harm's way. These people have no one but themselves to blame.

I am reminded of this poster from years ago. In the end, the mouse gets eaten.

[Linked Image from ]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A good one, Steve

Much like the Great war, the Spanish flue, the Great Depression or the Second World War, this pandemic has huge historical implications . So keeping up on it if you have a historical bent, it is a natural.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wouldn't it be interesting to sit in a history class 50 years from now and listen to the teacher's or recorded history's interpretation of the COVID pandemic?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The reason some people are so resistant to the vaccines is probably that they are having trouble getting past the blatant lies and manipulation which have been the hallmark of governments and their bureaucratic representatives from the beginning. From the motorcycle accident victim recorded as a covid death because the corpse tested positive, to the manipulation of statistics and withholding of information which could have been beneficial to people trying to get on with their lives. No wonder people have trouble taking the word of the people pushing the vaccines. This, especially when it has been shown to be nowhere nearly as effective as we were told (remember the 90 to 95% pronouncement?). They lied, then lied about their lies. Plainly, many can look right past the lies or even deny they even happened.
As far as history is concerned, it will be skewed, as always, by the viewpoint of the teller. One viewpoint will have the majority of the population brainwashed by a global conspiracy while a smaller portion of stalwart resistors, seeing through the ruse, fought for autonomy. The other viewpoint will have the more intelligent majority, though under constant psychological attack by the less evolved rebels, supporting the heroic efforts of the medical bureaucrats and altruistic corporations to save mankind. Neither viewpoint will be distorted in any way by the truth; which both sides will carefully avoid. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am asking everyone to read this. It was written by an Alberta doctor. It's lengthy. Some won't read it, but everyone should.

In ICUs, the unvaccinated are silent, but as a doctor, I hope they can still hear my words
'I don't see politics, I see someone who needs my help,' writes Edmonton doctor Raiyan Chowdhury

Dr. Raiyan Chowdhury for CBC

This First Person article is a letter to an unvaccinated patient on life support from Raiyan Chowdhury, an intensive care doctor at Edmonton's Royal Alexandra Hospital.
---

Can you hear that?

The rhythm filling the silence. The hiss representing your gasp for breath. The ventilator struggling to meet your inhale and exhale. It reminds me of the ocean. The crash of the tide hitting the beach and then slowly retreating.

It's almost peaceful if it weren't so mechanical. It's almost soothing if it didn't mean your life was so fragile. This ventilator and its cadence being the only thing that separates your life here and now from what lies beyond.

How did it come to this? Was it fear of the vaccine? Or narcissism? Or are you simply another victim of misinformation? We want to scream. We want to shout. If it would make a difference.

But we feel as silent as you.

For you, the tube connecting your lungs to the ventilator means that air can't pass over your vocal cords, resulting in utter silence. And after 16 months, it seems Albertans are tired of hearing from us.

Different sides of the war

You are a mystery to me. I don't mean your age, your occupation, or your past medical history. That's all clear on the chart. I want to know you. I want to know the soul behind those eyes that are so clouded. You lie here in front of me exposed, but you remain a mirage. Perhaps it's the anesthesia, but I feel it's a strange disconnect for a job that's intimate in every other way.

My colleague looked you directly in the eyes as she slipped the endotracheal tube into your exhausted, listless body. She said you were kind. Sitting here, I wonder, what are your hopes and dreams? Will they go unfulfilled?

My only glimpse of the real you are the photos that your family has brought in. They serve as reminders of happier times. They are a shrine to your legacy as a person and father. In them, I see someone boisterous, warm and happy. You look loved. You've clearly done something right with your life.

In another time and place, I feel that I would have wanted to be your friend. That you could perhaps teach me about what's important in life and family.

So why does it feel right now that we are so different? Now that we are on different sides of a war — one vaccinated and one not.

'Why was your dad not vaccinated?'

I spoke to your son by phone. He's far too young to lose his dad. I didn't know he lost his mom a few years ago. Without you, he'll have no one.

I shouldn't have asked, but I couldn't help it. "Why was your dad not vaccinated?"

Silence interrupted his tears for a second. He tells me that he begged you to get your shot, but you never did. He regrets not pushing you harder. The regret is so deep that I fear it may come to define his young adult life. It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price. It seems harshly unfair.

He cried the whole time I was on the phone with him. It was heartbreaking. I don't think I will forget it anytime soon.

I've always considered myself a strong individual. You don't do this type of work if you aren't. But I couldn't help my eyes from watering.

He wanted me to promise that you'll make it through this. I wanted to respond with a well-practised doctor line establishing the gravity of the situation while offering some hope.

But I couldn't do that to him.

"I promise."

If not for yourself, then why not for him?

What kind of society have we become when charlatans on social media have good people willing to risk everything based solely on their manipulative words?

Frustration and sympathy

Anger isn't the right word for what I feel. Maybe frustration is. The nurse in your room is named Isabelle. She's a fairly new grad. She's doing this job for all the right reasons — like most of the nurses and respiratory therapists here. Not for the pay, social media recognition or the lifestyle, but to make an impact.

I wonder to myself if she will still be doing this job a year from now. After 16 months, gestures of gratitude for frontline workers have been replaced by jeers from protesters greeting nurses on their way to work.

Albertans are done with COVID even if COVID isn't done with them.

There was a viral quote making the rounds on the internet from a doctor at his wit's end with the unvaccinated. He said that empathy wasn't an unlimited resource.

Maybe that's the case, but not here.

My friend Cara is your respiratory therapist today — the brunette who takes the time to hold your hand while deep suctioning your lungs, clearing secretions that are slowly drowning you. She's one of the most empathetic people I know.

After 16 months of this, she should be empty of sympathy. How much more can she give? But she isn't. I see her come in here and give you her best, day in and day out. It inspires me to do the same.

Help me keep my promise to your son

I wish I could understand and rationalize your hesitancy or refusal, but maybe that's too much to ask of me. Instead, you'll get my best.

When I see your listless body, I don't see politics. I see someone who needs my help. That's the reason we all chose to do this job. Let the protesters outside jeer and the haters online hate, and we'll meet them with a Ted Lasso-like kindness and unbreakable dedication to our patients — vaccinated or not.

Can you hear that? The faint beeps down the hall. The nurse practitioner is intubating another one of your unvaccinated brethren. I should go.

Can I ask you a favour before I do? Please help me keep my promise to your son.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-doctor-letter-to-patient-1.6171187

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
All very touching, Steve, but it is difficult to reconcile this crap with the dozens of people I know, aged from 6 to 72, who have gotten covid, stayed away from others for two weeks, and gone back to their lives. Some have lost their sense of smell for as long as three months. Others for a couple of days. Only one friend was seriously ill. Many who caught covid caught it, not because they were unvaccinated, but because they made foolish behavioral choices.
Personally, I think it is probably a good idea, for most people, to get vaccinated. However, I am goddam tired of all the preaching, the threats, and coercion as it is being practiced by the governments, the MSM, and all the self-righteous who want to scare everyone into falling into step. No lie is too outrageous no truth not concealable. An infant dies with covid. Any co-morbidities? "We aren't going to discuss that". For all we know, the baby was born without a heart. A 16 year old, in perfect health dies with covid. Perfect health, that is, except for the extra hundred pounds she was packing. The government and the media wanted to engender panic. Even now, officials don't want to put out the full story.
As I said, getting vaccinated may be a good idea, for most people, although, in many cases, the prevention may well be every bit as bad as the disease; keeping in mind that for most people, covid is a cold. The vaccine may help to ensure that is the case so when you get covid, as you must, sooner or later, it won't be that bad if you are one of the one in one hundred who may have a serious case.
The point is, it was never necessary to lie, coerce, or sensationalize, in order to get people to get vaccinated. Just give people the real facts, don't flip flop, and let them make their decision. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tell that to the families of the 27,000 who have died so far in Canada.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday the numbers were 130 in ICUs.of that, 111 were unvacinated . We have almost a 80% fully vaccinated population,. It doesn't take a math wiz to see the imbalance.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 09/10/21.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It doesn't take a math wizard but it does take a clairvoyant to try and guess whether or not they are in hospital because of covid, old age, or lifestyle choices. I have never denied that covid cannot make some people very ill, just like the flu. It needs to be said though, the vast majority of people will not become very ill. Of the 27,000 Canadians who have died, probably half would be dead without covid. I am not a covid denier but a covid realist.
The latest surge in covid cases is not because of the unvaxxed running amok; it is because of the entire population deciding, since most of them are vaxxed, they could throw caution to the winds. Mixed signals from, in our case, BS Bonnie, probably didn't help.
The truth is, if you attend large gatherings or gather with people in confined spaces, you have a good chance of getting sick.Perhaps not from covid but from something else. This has been going on for nearly two years now and less than 4% of BC's population has been infected (the number is undoubtedly higher than that since a large portion of those infected show zero symptoms and are never tested. This includes those who are vaccinated, of course). Of those infected, less than 1/10 of one percent have died. Of those who have died, we don't know how many were predisposed to die because of underlying health problems because nobody wants that information to be available.
It is plain. at this point, the vaccinations will not play any part in stopping the virus. The vaccination will allow more people to survive the virus and, if the virus follows the path of most, it will become less virulent as it evolves; unless the vaccine pushes it in an unexpected direction. Right now, with nearly 80% of the population vaccinated, BC is seeing a surge in cases. This is not because of the 20% who are not fully vaccinated but because of the behavior of all of them. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greydog , we all are going to die. As Morison of the Doors so eloquently put it," nobody gets out of here alive." It's just that with covid ,for some, earlier,and others sometimes much earlier. You are the same age as me, we have both done our alotted three score and ten , but I bet you are not willing to pack it in. I know for me there are more hunts to go on, and places to see.And granddaughter to watch.

In your second paragraph, you simply wrong. It is the much more contagions variant. They are not throwing caution to wind, I don't see behavior that is much different in this the largest urban area of the province.This in spite of the fact the vast majority are vaccinated . That's why we are vaccinated, to get our lives back to a more normal life. My son put it best, "I may get sick, but I won't go to the hospital and I won't die."

Well those 20% should get the jabs. Period. That is where the vast majority of cases are, anyway.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with you greydog, 100%.
Trust the media? They haven't given me a reason to, one lie after another.
Trust the Government? They haven't given me a reason to either.

So these two break trust after trust, then want me to trust them? I think that both of these entities need to go back to step one and start over, but first remember this........never break a trust.

I hear about the waiting rooms full of Wuhan patients, jamming the system. OK fair enough, but is the reason for a backlog because Nurses are refusing to take the shot? and are therefore simply not on the job? Similar to the other People I know who are going to be losing their jobs because they wont take the shot. Good for them for not bowing before the emperor.

Kamloops general only had 3 nurses on a few nights ago when they were supposed to have 24, that from the Mayor of Kamloops.

BC has made a big mistake by dividing their citizens in such a way, I can assure those that your business has been dealt a death blow and your cliental wont be coming back.
Saskatchewan says they won't implement a passport, too divisive, no shyte, my family should of left BC, a have not Province years ago..

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Tell that to the families of the 27,000 who have died so far in Canada.

Does this number include the ones euthanized in the care homes ?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (007FJ, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.