Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is a long read, but very interesting and insightful article about how our education system is swirling around in the toilet. I've experienced talking to kids who had graduated high school with "good grades," yet were so dumb they did not know the difference between "germ" and " German Shepherd."

http://stuartschneiderman.blogspot.com/2021/09/americas-failing-schools.html

Another example of why America is in deep trouble.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB4

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Neck tattoos are usually a good sign of GPA and IQ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taxpayers are extorted to the tune of 750 billion dollars a year for the public school system, and it’s a dismal failure in nearly every aspect. It is no longer about the students...and it hasn’t been for a long time...it’s an industry in and of itself; it’s chief mandate is to obtain as much money as possible under the false pretense of being about the students.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Indoctrination acadamys

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The problem is that kids can graduate without good grades. They simply don't have to do the work. Thanks, lefties.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
This is a long read, but very interesting and insightful article about how our education system is swirling around in the toilet. I've experienced talking to kids who had graduated high school with "good grades," yet were so dumb they did not know the difference between "germ" and " German Shepherd."

http://stuartschneiderman.blogspot.com/2021/09/americas-failing-schools.html

L.W.

They probably didn't know that they had graduated "from" high school, either.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Until the responsibility for learning is placed upon the shoulders of the students, nothing will ever improve.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Not failing.......”FAILED”! Unless of course, you are an Anti-American communist......then you’ve won! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on one's perspective, whether our schools are failing or not?

To the commies that proliferate in the vast majority of our current educational systems, they're succeeding in turning out generation after generation of good little leftists. If they've come up a bit short converting students K-12, there's always college?

Our oldest grand daughter just graduated from NYU this year, one of the most libturd infested universities in the nation. Came out unscathed, still pretty much a conservative and rational young woman. There is hope.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by antlers
Taxpayers are extorted to the tune of 750 billion dollars a year for the public school system, and it’s a dismal failure in nearly every aspect. It is no longer about the students...and it hasn’t been for a long time...it’s an industry in and of itself; it’s chief mandate is to obtain as much money as possible under the false pretense of being about the students.

'xactly. Our direct homeschool costs for two kids total about $1500 per year.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Until the responsibility for learning is placed upon the shoulders of the students, nothing will ever improve.

Saying that in a meeting about the "college algebra failure rate problem" will get you on the shit list. Ask me how I know.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shortly after WWII the left concentrated on taking over our school system for the purpose of turning us toward communism. They started with the colleges that train the teachers. They got communist college professors in place and now it's spread to the lowest levels of education indoctrination.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Not possible. At one point the person who understood 2+2 was the smartest in the room. He had to teach it for others to learn.

I would agree many parents send absolute mongrels to school. Of course spending all your time working to pay taxes does leave too little time to parent.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The responsibility for teaching and the responsibility for learning aren't the same thing. I could damn well teach college algebra, but it was beyond my powers to make students study.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of the colleges have turned into Marxist training camps. This is the main reason people like Bernie Sanders and AOC want free tuition, so they can get as many brainwashed minds as possible.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
The responsibility for teaching and the responsibility for learning aren't the same thing. I could damn well teach college algebra, but it was beyond my powers to make students study.

There’s only so much space and time sharing a developing brain can accommodate. Too much time playing video games, watching Netflix, and reading social media are the weeds that crowd out the good plants.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
This is a long read, but very interesting and insightful article about how our education system is swirling around in the toilet.

It ain't swirling around in the toilet, it's been flushed & is now in the septic tank.

And yes, the indoctrination camps, formerly known as schools, are a major part of the problem with the country..................a very major part for several reasons.

MM

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

I get where you're coming from, but if you expect them to learn by studying, then you're expecting them to teach themselves. Now, practicing for proficiency you can't do for them, but lack of initial learning is failing by the teacher.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They are to study what I present.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think what he's saying is "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,949
Posts18,480,378
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.