W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Your argument is deeply flawed. But I get your point. Continue to self-isolate …

Every infection has the potential to produce a viable mutation. ie. a “Variant”
It’s Not about race or discrimination. It is about herd immunity that we are falling short of.

Don’t get your knickers in a knot !

You mean like the common cold? Or the seasonal flu? Neither of which require mandatory vaccinations, a Star of David patch or any other sort of segregation of private citizens of a supposedly free society.

FYI, I got the shots. Reluctantly, but I got them. But I refuse to quietly let the gov't or nanny staters continue to create deep divisions within our society.

I for one am very optimistic, and I’m sure that I’m not alone in this hope :
We may be on the verge of a cure for the common cold.

Nobody forces you to take the annual flu shot, sometimes it works great, and other years , Not so much.

I’m impressed with what the Israelis have accomplished with their vaccination program.
Again, not perfect, but impressive statistics and outcomes.

Deep divisions ? I think you’re fermenting that,
Sure, be suspicious, be cautious, but don’t be a false prophet.

And the gov’t does not mandate businesses to deny you services if you don’t. Tell me more about how they’re not creating division.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m in Alberta, haven’t been out of the province since things got going with DixNeuf in early ‘20

I’ve sure seen a lot of out of province plates here, though, Sask I understand, but BC, Manitoba and Ontario are also commonly seen.

If govt doesn’t limit access for unvaccinated members of our society, Who will ?

Just pathetic to politicize this .
I get that people don’t like being told anything, let alone something that ultimately helps them and their loved ones.

Git’R Done ! It’s really not that onerous, with minor side effects.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yet.

When has government ever relinquished a power they’ve been given? When have they ever not tried to increase that authority?

I get it. Frankly, the passport in Ontario doesn’t affect us much. We rarely go to movie theatres or sporting events, but we do eat out at restaurants a few times a month. Well, we used to. And with the lockdowns we’ve quite enjoyed having culinary contests/events with friends, such that restaurant food has little appeal for us now. The only restaurant food I enjoy is what I can’t/won’t cook at home myself anyway.

But remember “two weeks to flatten the curve”? Then “we need to extend to give mask and ventilator manufacturers a chance to spool up”.

17 months later, where are we?

But sure, gov’t is trying really hard to normalize things for us. :roll eyes:

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Anti vaxxers are getting more strident in their views. Nothing is even partly true anymore - It's all 180 degrees opposite opinion with the other side assumed to have totally, absolutely false information.

We are in for very tough times indeed.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The doctors and scientists who have been dealing with COVID 19 since the start were working to quell something that they had never seen before. It's been a learning curve for them.

Some people aren't taking the pandemic seriously, and their actions aren't helping, frankly.

Politicians are dealing with an irritated electorate.

Everyone, and that includes us, has to do their part.

If COVID 19 isn't killing people and making them sick, then who or what is? Is this all the government's fault? In Canada at least, Ottawa has been paying out a lot of money in CERB payments and other things. Less taxes are coming in, according to economists. Why would the government bankrupt itself? Worse, why would the government allow the taxpayers, the people who give them all the cash, to die off or not pay because they aren't working?

Certainly, it's maddening, but not doing what medical people are asking us to do isn't helping. COVID goes on because people are ignoring medical advice.

Like pandemics of the past, humanity has to punish itself before the realization hits.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PSE
Anti vaxxers are getting more strident in their views. Nothing is even partly true anymore - It's all 180 degrees opposite opinion with the other side assumed to have totally, absolutely false information.

We are in for very tough times indeed.

I’ve got the troll on ignore, but why do you assume everyone who questions this is an anti-vaxxer? Right there you are operating with totally, absolutely false information.

My son is much further left than I am but even he has said that he wouldn’t have gotten vaccinated if he knew they were going to force people to get it, if they were going to use “passports” to divide people.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
AFA “totally, absolutely false information” there is a huge push on by gov’ts to discourage Ivermectin use, along with huge disinformation “it’s an animal drug” - to quote you “totally, absolutely false information”. It’s been approved for decades for human use.

How do you think India knocked down their outbreak in 2 weeks? Why has not Africa had huge number of Covid deaths what with few ICU’s and ventilators?

I’ll tell you why. Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are both routinely used there to treat human diseases, now including Covid.

Why would gov’ts want to bury information like this?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...-Evidence-for-Ivermectin-in-COVID-19.pdf

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Why would they? Perhaps they aren't convinced. Ivermectin testing is ongoing. You would have to ask doctors why Ivermectin is not approved for use. None of us knows, but at least one Cdn group studied it. You aren't going to like what they said.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ontario COVID-19 vaccine appointments double after province announces passport program
Katherine DeClerq - CTV News

TORONTO -- Ontario officials say vaccine appointments have more than doubled in the last 24 hours after the province announced a certification program making it mandatory to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to gain access to select non-essential services.

Health Minister Christine Elliott made the announcement on social media, saying that Ontario is “already seeing thousands more Ontarians roll up their sleeves.”

Nearly half of the appointments were for first doses, she said.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2271335&jwsource=cl

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Vera Sharav, holocaust survivor talks about COVID -

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Why would they? Perhaps they aren't convinced. Ivermectin testing is ongoing. You would have to ask doctors why Ivermectin is not approved for use. None of us knows, but at least one Cdn group studied it. You aren't going to like what they said.

The big question with any study in today's environment is "who is paying for it?" It is apparent to anyone who reads the methodologies of the studies showing HCQ was not effective that the studies were either done ineptly or by someone who set out to produce failure. Ivermectin seems in the same boat. Should not be a surprise, funding either comes from big pharma who does not want competition for their cash cow or from gov't who does not want to admit they gave away $1B to private industry with no strings attached. If the studies were done with intent to find alternatives rather than intent to rationalize misconduct, the results would be just the opposite of what we're being told today.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Health Canada issued a warning about human use of Ivermectin.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.5574164

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It sure saved India's bacon..........apparently they didn't follow the $cience.......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I read this when it first came out. At most what it’s saying is that there isn’t enough quality studies to determine either way. Alberta Health Services is not going to approve any treatment unless it is backed by rock solid, gold standard studies. Those take time and money. Their lack of support for Ivermectin doesn’t mean it doesn’t work and they clearly state that.

Last edited by mod7rem; 09/05/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Your argument is deeply flawed. But I get your point. Continue to self-isolate …

It’s Not about race or discrimination. It is about herd immunity that we are falling short of.

Very true, but this applies to infections in both vaccinated and unvaccinated. If a person is infected, vaccinated or not, then the virus is replicating. If it’s replicating it’s mutating. More and more evidence showing that the rate of infection and transmission in vaccinated people is significant. The degree compared to vaccinated is still unknown.

This discusses the effect on herd immunity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/her...the-covid-delta-variant-experts-say.html

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So scientists have never seen a SARS virus before 2019? Your basic ignorance regarding this virus is and you mindless worship of facism is mind boggling to say the least. The ignorant, cowardly chicken littles ( steves) in society are to blame for this clown show.

The doctors and scientists who have been dealing with COVID 19 since the start were working to quell something that they had never seen before. It's been a learning curve for them.

Some people aren't taking the pandemic seriously, and their actions aren't helping, frankly.

Politicians are dealing with an irritated electorate.

Everyone, and that includes us, has to do their part.

If COVID 19 isn't killing people and making them sick, then who or what is? Is this all the government's fault? In Canada at least, Ottawa has been paying out a lot of money in CERB payments and other things. Less taxes are coming in, according to economists. Why would the government bankrupt itself? Worse, why would the government allow the taxpayers, the people who give them all the cash, to die off or not pay because they aren't working?

Certainly, it's maddening, but not doing what medical people are asking us to do isn't helping. COVID goes on because people are ignoring medical advice.

Like pandemics of the past, humanity has to punish itself before the realization hits.

Last edited by ribka; 09/06/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
o it appears the shots ( not a real vaccine) are causing the virus to keep mutating. And the best way to fight this appears to develop natural anti bodies, keep and lead a good healthy lifestyle and diet is important as well as immediately treating the virus when you get it instead of taking Tylenol and waiting at home for a possible cytokine storm to start in your body.

Originally Posted by mod7rem

Very true, but this applies to infections in both vaccinated and unvaccinated. If a person is infected, vaccinated or not, then the virus is replicating. If it’s replicating it’s mutating. More and more evidence showing that the rate of infection and transmission in vaccinated people is significant. The degree compared to vaccinated is still unknown.

This discusses the effect on herd immunity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/her...the-covid-delta-variant-experts-say.html

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I read this when it first came out. At most what it’s saying is that there isn’t enough quality studies to determine either way. Alberta Health Services is not going to approve any treatment unless it is backed by rock solid, gold standard studies. Those take time and money. Their lack of support for Ivermectin doesn’t mean it doesn’t work and they clearly state that.

Yes, that’s why I said that studies were ongoing. Health Canada has not seen evidence that it will help. According to the media clip, a lot of studies are being carried out on it.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You will all do as you’re told. Some already have. I love this schoolyard beating your chest, and cries of, “Oh yeah? Make me!”

Some of you have already been vaccinated. The Internets is a wonderful, big schoolyard. laugh

You constantly remind us what a clueless anti science pro facist idiot you are Stevey

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

This can't possibly be true, if it were, they sure as hell wouldn't be inoculating people, including children with an untested spike protein gene therapy.

No different than sweeping under the rug 1000's of deaths caused by abandonment & euthanasia in the care homes, the deaths & damage caused by the inoculations is also being blamed on COVID. Across Canada the care home losses amounted to roughly 40% of the mortality blamed on COVID & amped up the fear factor of the population.

In the link below is a video by Professor Christian Perronne, former Vice President of the World Health Organization European Advisory Group of Experts in Immunization. He has the background & experience to know what he's talking about & one would be wise to pay attention to what he saying.

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.or..._rxbLJ4Vmh0JgVsuqKERC_zD_NJQTxS9kuzOly60

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 45 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,858
Posts18,517,729
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.