Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oh........
And their aint nothing special about a 2 yr enlisment in the army into needed jobs.
Score above 50 on the asvab insted of the typical 31 to enter.
And have line score that are decent.
Kids that score above 50 are referred to as A,s
31 to 49 B,s
Your job pick is based on QT and GTscores, line scores for job areas and the projection of training seats per FY on the Army,s needs.
And 2 yr enlistments are used as incentives along with many other incentives for jobs, and length of enlistment.
Combat arms MOS,s have many 2 yr enlistment types.
They do well and generally get out as a e4 or e3.

Oh your GT score is the average of all your line scores in the army.
My Gt was 121
My Qt was 76 ( Qt is that 31 to 99 asvab score thing to enter)
What were your scores Paul.

I literally qualified for all 210 something job,s the army had back in 83.
Recruiters wet dream....
He got an A for one of his typical 2 a month quota.
I just wanted to be an 11B...
2 weeks later Ft Benning....
Aint never looked back since.....

Remember....I did 3 yrs as a detailed slave recruiter for the Army Paul........

Last edited by renegade50; 09/17/21.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Waiting....

I ate supper.

I went to boot camp and AIS at Ft Sill beginning in July of 2003. My one and only station was 24ID out of Ft Stewart Ga. Norman Schwarzkopf was the post commander. I was was assigned to Headquarters Battery. My sense of recall is variable. Sometimes I remember things crystal clear and other times it's kind of a blur. Adjusting fire, I recall add, subtract and up and down for air burst. I remember danger close but not the threshold. Fire for effect after I got the adjustments down. I never got to play with 8" from the Navy. We worked with 155 and mortar (105 IIRC) Back then we used PRC13 radios and 113 APCs. I was the driver. Broke track to do maintenance often and that could be a PITA. The cutting edge technology was paved penny, copperhead, GLLDs and DMDs. I got to go to White Sands to play with copperhead and that was cool. When the A10 pilots would call "fry" over the radio, schidt was about to get fun. I did one trip to NTC. Loading out was some work.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Can some legal person explain the legal difference between what Chauvin did and what the guy who shot Ashli Babbit did???

Floyd was a criminal who overdosed on fentanyl. He died while an officer was attempting to arrest him. The officer who murdered Ashli Babbit chose to kill her..

But he was protecting congressman, they are very special.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In other words you had a break in service and did a 2yr enlisment in the army.
Or you was in the army 1st and then enlisted in the CG afterwards.

You being pretty sketchy...

2 yrs 13 f
My geuss is all you might have done was carry the radio and all the extra batteries for a Fister NCO.
13F packmule get up , get down, walk repeat...

Or was you even that or just a FDC type.
What unit were you in???
What Division???

Did you even get your 20 in between both branches.

Havent you referenced in the past you was a mil retiree???

Totally confused now.....

3 years of college, ran out of money. 2 years in the Army, then back to college for 3 semesters. Graduated, went to work for Wal-Mart in their management program. Back then Wal-Mart was the nation's 4th largest retailer and Sam Walton was very hands on. I did that for exactly one year before I decided I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life in a store. Loved many things about the military, loved boats and the water. Loved the combination SAR LE mission of the Coast Guard and joined.

I spent 18 years in the CG and retired. I usually just tell folks that I served 20 years with the CG and retired, because as is evidenced here, the 2 year Army hitch can be a bit of a PITA to explain.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
Too bad more LE are not held accountable when they break the law.

I assume you're talking about Ashli Babbott's murderer?

Just curious. At what point in the video of him murdering her did he attempt to arrest her?

What laws or use of force policy was the officer operating under?

I can guarantee you the policy did not authorize the police to shoot and kill unarmed female trespassers/rioters. I agree that qualified immunity is a significant problem, but Ashli Babbitt was murdered by a police officer.

When my BIL was stationed with the Air Force at Offut, I went to visit him. Offut has some particularly sensitive areas. There are some areas where there are warnings that trespassers will be shot. Same on Navy Nuke ships. When I have asked people about that, they have assured me that trespassers would be shot. I am assuming the same kind of policy may have been in place where Ashli was killed. So, while based on my read of that situation, I wouldn't have shot, my experience tells me it may have been within policy.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I really DGAF about your naval attatchment time.

Your 13F 2 yrs in the Army time however really interest me.
Worked alot with Fisters calling fire over my time.
Had em around us all the time when I did a 13 month stint as a 11C hanging 4.2 rounds in the back of a 113 at Ft Hood to stay a 11B and not be converted to 11M as a young SGT coming back from germany.
Escaped 11M Bradely transistion when I left germany also.

My 1st 4yrs 11B dismount mech infantry in armoured beer can 113,s... and that 11C 4.2 time at hood.

Rifleman.
AR
AG
60 gunner
Dismount Team ldr
11C Motar Gunner.
My mech time.........

I really would like to hear about your 13F time!!!

Reminds me of this scene...at 2:50

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh........
And their aint nothing special about a 2 yr enlisment in the army into needed jobs.
Score above 50 on the asvab insted of the typical 31 to enter.
And have line score that are decent.
Kids that score above 50 are referred to as A,s
31 to 49 B,s
Job pick is based on QT score, line scores and the projection of training seats per FY on the Army,s needs.
And 2 yr enlistments are used as incentives along with many other incentives for jobs, and length of enlistment.
Combat arms MOS,s have many 2 yr enlistment types.
They do well and generally get out as a e4 or e3.

Oh your GT score is the average of all your line scores in the army.
My Gt was 121
My Qt was 76 ( Qt is that 31 to 99 asvab score thing to enter)
What were your scores Paul.

I literally qualified for all 210 something job,s the army had back in 83.
Recruiters wet dream....
I just wanted to be an 11B...
2 weeks later Ft Benning....
Aint never looked back since.....

Remember....I did 3 yrs as a detailed slave recruiter for the Army Paul........

Thank you very much for your service Ren, and I mean that. I cannot remember my ASVAB score. I want to say it was a 117...somewhere in the 100teens. I may be mistaken on that. I am horrible with math and the clerical component of the test kinda kicked my butt. It's where you have a whole bunch of really simple math problems and you have to answer as many as you can in a short amount of time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a story about how hard I tried to fit in Ren. Sergeant Comerford was my boss. He was a tall goofy idiot. His nickname was Big Bird. He told us to go paint the 113. We had painted it just a few months earlier. We freehanded the desert camo. On one side of the 113 I painted something that loosely looked like a middle finger into the pattern. On the other side it was made to loosely resemble "Bird." It went largely unnoticed for a few days before I got my ass chewed and had to paint it again.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Waiting....

I ate supper.

I went to boot camp and AIS at Ft Sill beginning in July of 2003. My one and only station was 24ID out of Ft Stewart Ga. Norman Schwarzkopf was the post commander. I was was assigned to Headquarters Battery. My sense of recall is variable. Sometimes I remember things crystal clear and other times it's kind of a blur. Adjusting fire, I recall add, subtract and up and down for air burst. I remember danger close but not the threshold. Fire for effect after I got the adjustments down. I never got to play with 8" from the Navy. We worked with 155 and mortar (105 IIRC) Back then we used PRC13 radios and 113 APCs. I was the driver. Broke track to do maintenance often and that could be a PITA. The cutting edge technology was paved penny, copperhead, GLLDs and DMDs. I got to go to White Sands to play with copperhead and that was cool. When the A10 pilots would call "fry" over the radio, schidt was about to get fun. I did one trip to NTC. Loading out was some work.

AIT Paul....
HQ Batt
What FA unit??

So you really was a driver for 2 yrs and never really did much 13F stuff, never sliced element out to a CA manuver unit, and the railhead was a PITA.
And you honestly dont know much about what you was.
Cause it was all sketchy.
And you can talk a little about bracketing a tgt but know zilch about a fire mission set up as a 13F.

And then you joined the CG as prior service???

Why was I of the impression you was a mil retiree from stuff on here over the years.

Or are you one of those 15 yr retired types from a RIF option or a med retired type???
Or just did some time and got out and went onto to other things.

Oh Btw Paul
Norman retired late 1991 IIRC.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting....

I ate supper.

So you really was a driver for 2 yrs and never really did much 13F stuff, never sliced element out to a CA manuver unit, and the railhead was a PITA.

Why was I of the impression you was a mil retiree from stuff on here over the years.

Or are you one of those 15 yr retired types from a RIF option or a med retired type???
Or just did some time and got out and went onto to other thin

Oh Btw Paul

Holy crapo was that ever a brain fart. Now you know why I didn't do well on the clerical part of the test. 1983 is when I enlisted. 3 years college, 2 years Army, 3 more semesters of college, 1 year Walmart, 18 years CG. Retired with 20 years of AD service.

1/35th FA.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/17/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Chauvin should've walked the first time. This is just gilding the bitch commie Lilly.

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Waiting....

I ate supper.

Or just did some time and got out and went onto to other things.

Oh Btw Paul

Holy crapo was that ever a brain fart. Now you know why I didn't do well on the clerical part of the test. 1983 is when I enlisted. 3 years college, 2 years Army, 3 more semesters of college, 1 year Walmart, 18 years CG. Retired with 20 years of AD service.

JFC Paul......

You have to be the most confusing person I have ever interacted with on here.

SMH.....

Have you been this frighing scatter brained your whole life???

I'm glad I never had you as a soldier.
The " Classic Leadership Challenge" is how I see you now.
I probably would have started a chapter packet on you and sent you home.
JK......

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😄😄😄😄

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Chauvin should've walked the first time. This is just gilding the bitch commie Lilly.

Imagine how much safer the streets are without Chauvin.

Those prosecutors are heroes!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC Paul......

SMH.....

The " Classic Leadership Challenge" is how I see you know.
JK......

That's an astute observation. I have a crushing headache today. My schidt ain't together when they are this bad.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
JFC Paul......

SMH.....

JK......

That's an astute observation. I have a crushing headache today. My schidt ain't together when they are this bad.

Were you like your platoon or sections pet.
The one everyone bounced comedy off on.
But if another platoon or section tried to fugg with ya.
All your buds would stand the fugg up for you in a heartbeat.

Not a bad thing every element in the army from sqd to company has their pets.

Pets are good soldiers many times.
Mostly one task masters, but wont quit and dont goof the fugg off.

Better than being a scorned dud whom everyone wants ta beat the schit out of.

I bet you were a pet type in your section or platoon.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Waiting....

I ate supper.

Or just did some time and got out and went onto to other thin

Oh Btw Paul

1/35th FA.

#ShouldaBeenaWALMARTCOMPANYMAN

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC Paul......

SMH.....

JK......

Were you like your platoon or sections pet.
The one everyone bounced comedy off on.
But if another platoon or section tried to fugg with ya.
All your buds would stand the fugg up for you in a heartbeat.

Not a bad thing every element in the army from sqd to company has their pets.

Pets are good soldiers many times.
Mostly one task masters, but wont quit and dont goof the fugg off.

Better than being a scorned dud whom everyone wants ta beat the schit out of.

I bet you were a pet type in your section or platoon.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Nope. Not a pet. Worked my ass off. Was very proficient. Major smart ass. Got called on the carpet often. Never for anything work or competency related. Always for my predilection for smartassery. Never had much of a desire to fit in.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,384
Posts18,506,743
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.