add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Senor_El_Guapo
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by DocRocket
You heard about this on a Zoom call. Well, stop the presses!

You HAVE heard about the concept of statistical outliers, haven't you? If what you "heard" is true, that's all this is.

You sure seem to have taken an agenda driven turn in your postings.

American Medical Bureaucracy, Including AMA, Increase Threats Against Doctors Who Do Not Comply With Forced Vaccination Position

[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.com]

[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.com]

Read this again, rubes.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It took 498 years to develop develop the 257 Roberts......but a COMPLETLEY safe experimental vaccine can be made from scratch in about.....8 months??

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Between the past Election, and Now Covid....I can't recall a time in my lifetime, when fellow Americans went at each other with such biased thoughts and feelings,

Numerous people here, Calling Doc Rocket,,, a loon.

When Doc talks, I listen...Doc has been respected here for years, You don't like what he says...ignore him.

But meanwhile, post up your own credentials. Tell us how many Covid patients you've treated.

Be sure to include how many years you have in the Medical field........

Has a Plumber, I've learned to ignore the Plumbing threads here, wayyyy too many wacky ideas from other members based on very little actual Plumbing experience...

And the Covid threads here follow the same insane pattern.

You're an idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DocRocket

You sure seem to have taken an agenda driven turn in your postings.

How perceptive of you. Yes, I do have an agenda. There are people who come to this forum to inform themselves. I'm one of them, I've learned a lot of good info here.

Since the strongly anti-vaccine and anti-CDC narrative on this forum is pretty one-sided, I've taken up the gadfly position. That's my agenda.

It was the weekly hospital administrator zoom call. You know the people that run the facility.

Yes, and I have to admit my experience of hospital administrators is not positive, to say the least. They rarely know what's actually going on in their hospitals other than the dollars and cents.

Post up your facilities published numbers.

I'll wait.

Here you go. This is the weekly update email from our hospital's Chief Hospitalist today. Hope I didn't make you wait too long.

Originally Posted by ChiefHospitalist

C____ Medical Staff,

We have 55 COVID+ patients (94% unvaccinated) today—3 of those are still ICU overflow in the emergency room. ICU care remains the largest limitation for the time being and we are actively working to secure enough staff to meet that demand. We currently are operating 22 ICU beds upstairs with only 5 being utilized for general med/surg critical care. There are fewer ventilators in use today compared to earlier in the week, but we still have a few covid patients that are nearing ventilator need. Overall, new admissions are slowing, but we are still seeing a lot of new cases in the emergency room and clinic. This peak certainly seems to be more of a plateau.

The CVICU (4 additional beds) is now open for long-term vent patients that are cleared from pandemic isolation. With this change we were finally able to clear the ER of all overflow today. We had a little break in new positive cases being admitted this weekend, but there are quite a few new ones being tested today. We have staff throughout the facility that are out, but we do have a new group of med/surg nurses from the state arriving tomorrow. We continue to do the best we can to keep up with surgical volume and balance that need with the demand for beds from the ER. Acceptance of transfers from surrounding hospitals remains a challenge, but we know they need our help and we are working hard to find available staff to meet those needs.

Monoclonal antibodies are flying off the shelves and we are doing our very best to meet the demand. We have requested that the state identify us for a regional infusion center and we hope to hear back soon if that request will be granted. In the meantime, we will continue regeneron dosing. Yesterday, it was announced that bamlanivimab is making a comeback to the emergency use authorization due to new data showing improved activity in delta variant. We will continue to dose what we have available to give.

Here's a case tracker on our county as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/victoria-texas-covid-cases.html

The numbers are pretty similar in Houston and San Antonio.

https://covid-harriscounty.hub.arcgis.com/

https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/Reports-Statistics/Dashboards-Data

And if you look at the CDC data I have posted twice this morning, you'll see that these statistical trends apply across a 13-state sampling.

It's more obvious than ever why there is a 24hour Secret Society on the Facebooks.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Between the past Election, and Now Covid....I can't recall a time in my lifetime, when fellow Americans went at each other with such biased thoughts and feelings,

Numerous people here, Calling Doc Rocket,,, a loon.

When Doc talks, I listen...Doc has been respected here for years, You don't like what he says...ignore him.

But meanwhile, post up your own credentials. Tell us how many Covid patients you've treated.

Be sure to include how many years you have in the Medical field........

Has a Plumber, I've learned to ignore the Plumbing threads here, wayyyy too many wacky ideas from other members based on very little actual Plumbing experience...

And the Covid threads here follow the same insane pattern.

You're an idiot.

Far lower than that - a flamin' cheesehead.

Saad!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

How many people died in your hospital last week of those how many were vaccinated and of those were any in the low risk age range below 50?

Everything you posted is regurgitated.

I expect more from such a highly respected physician such as yourself.

Regurgitated? So quoting another source's numbers is regurgitation now? Oh, dear. I'll have to edit my copy of the Oxford...

So. You asked for my hospital's published numbers, that's what's been published. If put up against your hospital administration Zoom call hearsay to say which is more believable, which set of numbers is more credible?

As for your new demands... why should I comply? From this latest response of yours I would guess that you'll just call me Fauci or Hitler or Stalin again, and produce another list of demands.

Local hospital death statistics haven't been published by any authority, either local or county, although the State has published their tally of deaths as related to vaccination status, and I did share those publishe--or were they regurgitated?--data as published. My hospital has internal documents and records of all the demographics, including ages and so forth, but I am not at liberty to disclose those data without authorization.

I could tell you my personal knowledge of the situation, but that would not be published or official numbers. I can tell you I have personally attended the deaths of some 8-10 persons in the past 2 months, either in a Code Blue situation or to pronounce them dead after the fact. Of these, I can tell you that 2 were males in their early 30's, and both were non-vaccinated. I have admitted over 30 persons to hospital personally, only one of whom was partially vaccinated, none fully vaccinated. The majority of those admissions were under 60 years of age.

My numbers line up pretty well with the hospital's numbers and the county's numbers. The county's numbers line up pretty well with the state's numbers. The state's numbers line up pretty well with the CDC's numbers as published last week in their 13-state survey. So I'm pretty confident when I say the trend of non-vaccinated persons being at far greater risk than vaccinated persons is true.

Last edited by DocRocket; 09/14/21.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
What I want to know is what treatments were the people who showed up at emergency rooms given by their primary care doctors before they showed up. That is something that is very important but you never hear anything about it because I don't think hospitals are including that information in their reports.

I only know 2 people who were diagnosed with COVID-19 by their primary care doctors and neither received any treatment. One of them was a man in his 60's (not on Medicare yet) that has survived colon and prostate cancer but is in very good physical condition. He had his wife drive him to the local emergency room in Cedar Park, Texas because he had all the symptoms of COVID-19 was was very short of breath. They didn't even examine him and sent him packing (he's self employed so I figured they didn't like his health insurance). He was able to see his primary care physician that day and was tested for COVID-19 and given a blood oxygen sensor. The test came back positive but he didn't receive any treatment. He was told to quarantine for 3 weeks and he survived.

The other was a very healthy 48 year old man (a friend of my son) and his primary Doctor told him to just quarantine at home for 3 weeks. He ended up in the emergency 2 weeks later because he was weak and couldn't catch his breath. He was put on oxygen until his blood oxygen level returned to normal and sent home. He survived also.

Last edited by victoro; 09/14/21.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
What's it mean when 50% of those getting ill with COVID-19 and going in for Regeneron infusions are already fully jabbed?
A. The jabs dont work
B. More jabs are needed.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fug the jab and anyone forcing it!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by victoro
What I want to know is what treatments were the people who showed up at emergency rooms given by their primary care doctors before they showed up. That is something that is very important but you never hear anything about it because I don't think hospitals are including that information in their reports.

I only know 2 people who were diagnosed with COVID-19 by their primary care doctors and neither received any treatment. One of them was a man in his 60's (not on Medicare yet) that has survived colon and prostate cancer but is in very good physical condition. He had his wife drive him to the local emergency room in Cedar Park, Texas because he had all the symptoms of COVID-19 was was very short of breath. They didn't even examine him and sent him packing (he's self employed so I figured they didn't like his health insurance). He was able to see his primary care physician that day and was tested for COVID-19 and given a blood oxygen sensor. The test came back positive but he didn't receive any treatment. He was told to quarantine for 3 weeks and he survived.

The other was a very healthy 48 year old man (a friend of my son) and his primary Doctor told him to just quarantine at home for 3 weeks. He ended up in the emergency 2 weeks later because he was weak and couldn't catch his breath. He was put on oxygen until his blood oxygen level returned to normal and sent home. He survived also.

They sent them home by the thousands and told them to take tylenol.

Some here went back to ERs when very ill, blue lips and short of breath and still were turned away, went home and died.

Tens of thousands died that way in the nursing homes of swing states like Ca and NY, Pa, Mi, RI and Wi.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by victoro

They sent them home by the thousands and told them to take tylenol.

Some here went back to ERs when very ill, blue lips and short of breath and still were turned away, went home and died.

Tens of thousands died that way in the nursing homes of swing states like Ca and NY, Pa, Mi, RI and Wi.

says the phlebotomist.

don't you have some doves to be ground sluicing?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Your hero.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
TTF, a corksucking dimocommie Biteme voter sewage worker lying about others. You just prove what we know about you lieberals.

Let me know when you want to put your money where your mouth is, gutless. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
From the article;

"The vaccinated remain substantially protected against serious illness or death, but the unvaccinated are entering the hospital and dying at very high rates indeed, as if to compensate."

Seems like getting vaccinated is a very good idea.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Your hero.

All the elites are exempt. One would think that would badly discredit the whole endeavor.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-deaths-since-july

The deaths-by-partisan chart was made after dozens, perhaps hundreds, of emails and online comments requesting one be made in response to the cases-by-partisan chart. I was hesitant to make this chart as the correlation between partisanship and deaths, unlike with cases, is indirect. The only correlation is... in general, the more cases you have, the more deaths you'll have. This chart generally shows that.

Once someone gets COVID, however, there are a lot of factors that play a role in whether or not they'll die from the disease:

Age. The older someone is, the harder it is to recover.
Pre-existing conditions. Those with autoimmune disorders and the like are considered at-risk.
Time. The more recent the diagnosis, the better the science/medicine is for treating it.
Socioeconomic class. The richer you are, the more likely you are to have access to good healthcare.
Luck. Some young healthy people have still died from a COVID infection.
The partisanship of the state in which they reside is pretty much a non-factor at that point. That's why deaths-by-partisanship is a weak correlation. It also feeds into people's misconception that death is the only bad result to come out someone catching the virus. That ignores the millions of Americans who have survived COVID, but with long-term or often permanent organ damage.

All that out of the way, the numbers above are the total normalized* deaths per million for each state since July. A '100' means .01% of the state's population has died of COVID since July 1. July 1 was chosen as a continuation of the partisan new cases since June. The time from symptom to death tends to be 2-8 weeks. That averages out to about five weeks, or July 6 since June 1. I just rounded it back to July 1. The charts use the same political affiliation data as the cases chart, the Cook Partisan Voting Index.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

The deaths-by-partisan chart was made after dozens, perhaps hundreds, of emails and online comments requesting one be made in response to the cases-by-partisan chart. I was hesitant to make this chart as the correlation between partisanship and deaths, unlike with cases, is indirect. The only correlation is... in general, the more cases you have, the more deaths you'll have. This chart generally shows that.

Once someone gets COVID, however, there are a lot of factors that play a role in whether or not they'll die from the disease:

Age. The older someone is, the harder it is to recover.
Pre-existing conditions. Those with autoimmune disorders and the like are considered at-risk.
Time. The more recent the diagnosis, the better the science/medicine is for treating it.
Socioeconomic class. The richer you are, the more likely you are to have access to good healthcare.
Luck. Some young healthy people have still died from a COVID infection.
The partisanship of the state in which they reside is pretty much a non-factor at that point. That's why deaths-by-partisanship is a weak correlation. It also feeds into people's misconception that death is the only bad result to come out someone catching the virus. That ignores the millions of Americans who have survived COVID, but with long-term or often permanent organ damage.

All that out of the way, the numbers above are the total normalized* deaths per million for each state since July. A '100' means .01% of the state's population has died of COVID since July 1. July 1 was chosen as a continuation of the partisan new cases since June. The time from symptom to death tends to be 2-8 weeks. That averages out to about five weeks, or July 6 since June 1. I just rounded it back to July 1. The charts use the same political affiliation data as the cases chart, the Cook Partisan Voting Index.

What an absolute crock of horse shït.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Sycamore

The deaths-by-partisan chart was made after dozens, perhaps hundreds, of emails and online comments requesting one be made in response to the cases-by-partisan chart. I was hesitant to make this chart as the correlation between partisanship and deaths, unlike with cases, is indirect. The only correlation is... in general, the more cases you have, the more deaths you'll have. This chart generally shows that......

What an absolute crock of horse shït.

did you disagree with any of the numbers?

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,184 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.