Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So, I'm going on a short fishing trip soon. I have a cabin at a state park reserved. If I were going alone, I'd throw a sleeping bag and some MREs in the car and be ready to go. But...I invited my wife. Now, It seems like Eisenhower's Logistics Chief for D-Day may be needed. I think the house will be pretty much empty when (and if) we finally pull out.

Lol….I can relate except it’s usually me that packs enough stuff for all weather and ocean conditions. I always pack extra gear including rain gear and without fail it gets used. I take everyone’s ribbing over how much I pack yet it always gets used by those giving me a hard time. 😁

I’d rather have it and not need it versus needing it and not having it. The problem comes when I’ve done a thorough packing job but I have so much stuff that I can’t find it.

Have a great fishing trip and enjoy the time spent outdoors with your wife, it doesn’t get much better than that. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Doesn't linux have an app that helps you in planning a fishing trip? Maybe even let you print off a checklist to ensure you don't forget anything... 🤭

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rem141r
when i go to my camp i have a small red bag pre-packed that takes me all of 30 seconds to refill with underwear, etc. i have been known to live for days on a couple pounds of lunch meat, some pickles, mustard and a loaf of bread. if i am doing any advanced planning then i'll swing by the IGA on the way in and snag a couple red baron pepperoni pizzas. beer and booze are always there ahead of time. when my wife goes we have a car load. most of it i have no idea what it is.

Agree but dill pickles and spicy brown mustard.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
………… Seeing all this, I packed extra booze...

It is for this wise advise shaped by experience that I look to you for council.😉

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You married a list maker did ya.

You have no idea. I call her the wedding planner.

RockyRaab - maybe you can get the wife a She-Wee. Wife has used one on some boating trips.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by rem141r
when i go to my camp i have a small red bag pre-packed that takes me all of 30 seconds to refill with underwear, etc. i have been known to live for days on a couple pounds of lunch meat, some pickles, mustard and a loaf of bread. if i am doing any advanced planning then i'll swing by the IGA on the way in and snag a couple red baron pepperoni pizzas. beer and booze are always there ahead of time. when my wife goes we have a car load. most of it i have no idea what it is.

Agree but dill pickles and spicy brown mustard.

goes without sayin'

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Rocky, you are going so you have succeeded. My wife has become my main hunting and fishing partner and doesn't travel light. She can snowshoe 5 miles and make a good dinner in a motel room so she earns her keep. When we are in bear country she sings so we are safe.

The best thing about playing in the outdoors w/ your wife is watching them disrobe to pee on a cold windy day while proclaiming the biological superiority of men. They really appreciate that.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am blessed with my wife in every way. She was not pleased with the Alaskan brown bear hunt....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.