M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Mach3
One thing I hate about Leupold is how EVERYTHING they are putting out lately has the overrated CDS dials on them. I personally don't need the extra/added cost stuff on a hunting scope. I know of a few other people who feel this way as well.

It's a pain in the ass initially because it comes set to zero and if you need any -elevation at initial sight in, you have to take the cap off and reposition it so you can come down. Then when you're zeroed you have to take it off again and position it to zero. I just do that and leave it alone. Otherwise, it adjusts nicely with good solid clicks.

Sometimes I think it would've been a better move for Leupold to double down on the svelt, lightweight, 1" set it and forget it market than to try to keep up with the turret twisting market that has clearly passed them by. At the very least, they should've done a major redesign on their mechanicals instead of just putting an exposed turret on their old erector design that was notorious for inconsistent adjustment even while just trying to sight in.

By and large, there's a lot of people who don't twist turrets who are happy with their Leupolds. I still have them on levers, pumps, and other "woods" rifles and they've given decent service in that capacity. I danced the Leupold shuffle getting them sighted in, but once sighted in they seem to do ok for awhile. Where they unraveled for me was VX-3 and VX-5 CDS's I had that wouldn't track consistently and or return to zero after twisting on.

Now, with all of the companies getting out of the scope business and or discontinuing their tried and true 1" offerings that a lot of us are still looking to buy, I think a niche exists, and Leupold would be well positioned to fill it.

I recently talked to a service guy at Leupold, he told me that the reason the custom shop is still closed is that service personnel are being used for production and they are still having a hard time keeping up with sales orders, so I guess they're comfortable with their current marketing strategy.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
One thing I hate about Leupold is how EVERYTHING they are putting out lately has the overrated CDS dials on them. I personally don't need the extra/added cost stuff on a hunting scope. I know of a few other people who feel this way as well.

It's a pain in the ass initially because it comes set to zero and if you need any -elevation at initial sight in, you have to take the cap off and reposition it so you can come down. Then when you're zeroed you have to take it off again and position it to zero. I just do that and leave it alone. Otherwise, it adjusts nicely with good solid clicks.

Sometimes I think it would've been a better move for Leupold to double down on the svelt, lightweight, 1" set it and forget it market than to try to keep up with the turret twisting market that has clearly passed them by. At the very least, they should've done a major redesign on their mechanicals instead of just putting an exposed turret on their old erector design that was notorious for inconsistent adjustment even while just trying to sight in.

By and large, there's a lot of people who don't twist turrets who are happy with their Leupolds. I still have them on levers, pumps, and other "woods" rifles and they've given decent service in that capacity. I danced the Leupold shuffle getting them sighted in, but once sighted in they seem to do ok for awhile. Where they unraveled for me was VX-3 and VX-5 CDS's I had that wouldn't track consistently and or return to zero after twisting on.

Now, with all of the companies getting out of the scope business and or discontinuing their tried and true 1" offerings that a lot of us are still looking to buy, I think a niche exists, and Leupold would be well positioned to fill it.

Another reason why I like capped "set it and forget it" turrets. Not exposed to the elements in the woods and less stuff that could go wrong. Not a turret twister and never will be. Never understood the craze for it on a hunting scope.

They're probably awesome for a target shooter.

Last edited by Mach3; 09/25/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie...Leupolds innards,are farrrrrr more suspect than their outards. That despite your 13 rounds a year "contribution" to convey same. Hint.

Adjustments that actually work,are not a "compromise",despite your Whining Brokedick "experience",in the "woods" and "stuff". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sweetie...Leupolds innards,are farrrrrr more suspect than their outards. That despite your 13 rounds a year "contribution" to convey same. Hint.

Adjustments that actually work,are not a "compromise",despite your Whining Brokedick "experience",in the "woods" and "stuff". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........

I like the Leupy's that didn't have clicks the best!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

I recently talked to a service guy at Leupold, he told me that the reason the custom shop is still closed is that service personnel are being used for production and they are still having a hard time keeping up with sales orders, so I guess they're comfortable with their current marketing strategy.

Of course people are happy with the new Leupolds they're buying these days; most people can't find enough ammo to actually shoot their new guns, much less shoot enough to figure out how well their rig actually functions. Anyhoo, I don't doubt that Leupold has enough customer service work to keep their custom shop busy.

Seriously, I would love to be confident in Leupolds again. I'm frustrated that they tried to pass off their product as something it quite clearly is not for so many years. Made me feel like a mark instead of a valued customer.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Funny there Stick. A scope for most hunting doesn't need clicks that both measure perfectly or perfect tracking. Just the ability to be zeroed. You do take the bait quickly, sort of like a stocker Brookie after a worm. That said I do appreciate my 10 power SS's abilities though. And no I am not impressed with the current Leupolds.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your STUPIDITY isn't "bait",but rather a plight...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all,while you guess aloud via your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Yesterday.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well dipschit while you were dreaming up your post I went out and checked the zero on my general purpose 223. Topped with a 2-7 Leupold it was still hitting dead center at a hundred yards. What I don't like about that particular scope is mushy clicks that give me 1/3 inch of change each. Geared up to go coyote hunting this evening plus maybe knock off a raccoon or two.

Last edited by rickt300; 09/25/21.

Dog I rescued in January

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Any Leupolds that I will be adjusting regularly have target turrets, and they work very well.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

I REALLY "believe" you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Spare NO "details" and elaborate on said piece of fhuqking schit,where a Reupold 2-7x is the "answer",you CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Spare NO "details" and elaborate on said piece of fhuqking schit,where a Reupold 2-7x is the "answer",you CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Hint.

Smoking the good schit I see.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rickety,

Hint.

Good grief, you are still alive...how have you been Stick?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my shooting wares that exist Ladies,as you "flaunt" your Imagination and Pretend...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pardon my shooting wares that exist Ladies,as you "flaunt" your Imagination and Pretend...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Sad sign of the times when a guy has to go Chinese over a USA assembled scope to get something that can be relied upon to work. I went through the same mixed feelings when I bought my first Yamaha outboards and Toyota vehicles. Hopefully things swing back at some point.

I give Athlon credit for offering a nicely configured and well featured scope in the 2-12's you have pictured. I like the 3-12 LRHS/T's I have and hope they bring them back; elsewise, there doesn't seem to be lot of FFP in that X range to choose from - even less that are actually in stock, and I really don't care for the bigger X ranges for the big game hunting and paper punching I do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All "new" to me. Hint.(grin)...................

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been needin on of those 2-12 helos BTRs, but can’t find any.

Should have ordered from Doug when the going was good.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pard swung by earlier in the day,to eye fhuqk some schit and latched onto the 2-12's. I man LATCHED on,as he jacked one from me. Tried to hand me $100 bills,but I told him to just make an order and replace same. He's bolting it upon his Fieldcraft 264 Kreed and it prolly won't suck there either. Hint.

CL shows 'em in stock this second. Hint................(grin)

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do all China scopes require duct tape to keep them together ?

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Are those condoms on the muzzles?

Page 53 of 57 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (12savage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,125
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.