Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chisos
When Jesus told the woman to go and "sin no more" and the Apostle Paul told the church " You are responsible for your own salvation", these two instances might put a little crimp into the idea of permanency. And to answer the 3:16 folks, better look real close at 3:5.
When you read John 3:16 keep reading through 21. You will find out where your condemnation comes from. Deeds (works) that come from seeing the light.
21. '' but he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his deeds (works) may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
When Jesus told the woman to go and "sin no more" and the Apostle Paul told the church " You are responsible for your own salvation", these two instances might put a little crimp into the idea of permanency. And to answer the 3:16 folks, better look real close at 3:5.

Here's the verse and context.

John 3:3-7
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

First birth = flesh = from the water of the mothers womb
Born of the mother is her baby.

Born again = Spirit is spirit = spiritual birth

How this occurs is 15-18
Note that verse 18 does not mention faith in baptism.
Who must one believe in order to be saved from the condemnation?

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Believe it or not my friend, this term is used exactly 100 times in this gospel alone.

Who must one believe in order to be saved from the condemnation?

While I may agree with many of your posts, this is one I believe you have missed the mark, i.e. sinned. This teaching is what religion wants you to believe, I see this totally different than that.

Born of water (BE) = Biological Entity
Born of Spirit (IS) = Immortal Spirit

IS-BE is what most of us are. The other entities are BE-BE.

Remove the IS (Immortal Spirit) from a human being (Biological Entity) and you have a controllable Clone or the modern term Transhuman.
This is what the enemy knows and we don't. They are here to steal your Spirit in any way they can, hence the reason for mRNA shots that destroy one branch of the DNA strand which is known as the IS (immortal spirit).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those that think that one can lose their salvation, a question. How many sins does it take?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My salvation is not temporary. I cannot lose my salvation. I can, however, reject Jesus Christ with my heart and my actions at any point of my journey. To live an apostate life contrary to His truth is not saved nor safe.

Isaiah 1:18-19 and John 15:13-14 go hand in hand. You must believe and obey.

Faith is not intellectual assent or verbal acquiescence alone. Faith is belief so strong it demands obedience. Faith without works is dead.

Ephesians 5:3-7 sheds light on who has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. It names all manner of sins and sinners.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 also gives a detailed list of sinners who will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 gives yet another detailed list of people going to hell for their sins.

The people listed are lost even if professing Christ, even if they are baptized. Too many people are teaching that no one claiming Christ will die lost. That’s untrue. If you claim Christ with your mouth and hell with your life, He will judge accordingly.

Matthew 7:15-23 is spoken for the church. Notice Jesus said many will come professing Him and He will deny having ever known them. Jesus said this. He knows more than all of us.

To tell people that no sin they ever commit will lead to damnation is treacherous, especially considering Scripture clearly spells out the exact opposite.

I love Jesus Christ! He is the Lord of my life! I don’t believe He will ever discard me for a mistake. But He will judge me according to His Word if I reject Him and live in rebellion and apostasy.

Rebellion and apostasy will be judged, even if that person professes Christ.

I hope no one reading this will ever stand before God having lived a life He said is damned just because you found someone that told you otherwise.

I’m afraid for all of the false doctrine used to soothe people the Holy Spirit is trying to convict.

May we all be found worthy at His appearing.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
John 3:5 is often misinterpreted to mean that baptism is required for salvation. It isn't. Faith alone is all that's required.

What about this: “Whoever believes and is baptized has life, and whoever does not believe is condemned.” ... Anyone who believes me and is baptized will be saved

Im not saying one has to be baptized in water. Some being tempered by fire.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/26/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

And John 3:36.

John 3:36

John the Baptist's primary message:
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Jesus message of salvation to the Pharisee:
"18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Stophel
For those that think that one can lose their salvation, a question. How many sins does it take?

I’ve read here that acts don’t matter.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by DugE
My salvation is not temporary. I cannot lose my salvation. I can, however, reject Jesus Christ with my heart and my actions at any point of my journey. To live an apostate life contrary to His truth is not saved nor safe.

Isaiah 1:18-19 and John 15:13-14 go hand in hand. You must believe and obey.

Faith is not intellectual assent or verbal acquiescence alone. Faith is belief so strong it demands obedience. Faith without works is dead.

Ephesians 5:3-7 sheds light on who has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. It names all manner of sins and sinners.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 also gives a detailed list of sinners who will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 gives yet another detailed list of people going to hell for their sins.

The people listed are lost even if professing Christ, even if they are baptized. Too many people are teaching that no one claiming Christ will die lost. That’s untrue. If you claim Christ with your mouth and hell with your life, He will judge accordingly.

Matthew 7:15-23 is spoken for the church. Notice Jesus said many will come professing Him and He will deny having ever known them. Jesus said this. He knows more than all of us.

To tell people that no sin they ever commit will lead to damnation is treacherous, especially considering Scripture clearly spells out the exact opposite.

I love Jesus Christ! He is the Lord of my life! I don’t believe He will ever discard me for a mistake. But He will judge me according to His Word if I reject Him and live in rebellion and apostasy.

Rebellion and apostasy will be judged, even if that person professes Christ.

I hope no one reading this will ever stand before God having lived a life He said is damned just because you found someone that told you otherwise.

I’m afraid for all of the false doctrine used to soothe people the Holy Spirit is trying to convict.

May we all be found worthy at His appearing.

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.

The law was added to demonstrate man’s inability to do.

Faith is not a strong belief. If it is a strong belief it is a trusting in ones ability or power to believe making faith a work. Paul clearly teaches that faith is a gift. It is not an internal power but rather a gift which focuses on the One who promises rather than one's self.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
1 Timothy 1:8-10 gives great insight into the law and who lives under it.

Many people today claim freedom from the law as the justification of their error, when actually their error keeps them under the law.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K22
Mine was permanent from the day I was created..................PERIOD!!!!

But of course it depends on your definition of salvation. That word is the feminine derivative of the word Saviour or deliverer. Nothing more, nothing less. All other definitions applied are man's/religions interpretation. It is used to create fear so one will follow whatever course religion says to follow. All negative shadowy entities use fear to control and manipulate the masses. Works quite well.

those Jews tell a good story don't they?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Ruger4life,

Are you a native Greek or grow up in a Greek speaking country with modern Greek your native toungue?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.” (John 6:53–55)

Do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by K22
Mine was permanent from the day I was created..................PERIOD!!!!

But of course it depends on your definition of salvation. That word is the feminine derivative of the word Saviour or deliverer. Nothing more, nothing less. All other definitions applied are man's/religions interpretation. It is used to create fear so one will follow whatever course religion says to follow. All negative shadowy entities use fear to control and manipulate the masses. Works quite well.

those Jews tell a good story don't they?

Yes they do and have merrily led good folks off the path.
It would appear to me that we have forgotten true History and now believe a lie.
The one they refer to as the Savior has told them countless times who the true Jews are and who the imposters are but religion leads good folks down a primrose path giving them the feeling that they are doing right.

The End will not be for every one.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm washed in the blood of Jesus .
That is God's covenant, and, last I heard, He keeps His word.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skfullen
I'm washed in the blood of Jesus .
That is God's covenant, and, last I heard, He keeps His word.

Amen!

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

Hebrews 9

I like to hear peoples' testimonies of when and how they were saved. Feel free to share that if you want to.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Saved from what?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hamper Crapper = Charlatan

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’m GTG.

Totally saved, dieing some day just like y’all, and either rotting in a box, (no offense if that’s your choice), or dust in the wind. Yanno, like in the Big Lebowski! 😂🤣

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?

Excellent question.

Saved from sin and it's wages... eternal consequence.

Everlasting spiritual death
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23

The spiritually dead suffer torments.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Now you can see from the first verse I mentioned,

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23

We deserve to go to hell.
God loves us, so He gave Jesus His only begotten Son to take our place. He suffered enough so that anyone who DECIDES to go to heaven through HIM will be saved from suffering forever.
It takes you changing your mind and realizing that you can't add anything to the salvation by good works. What we could add amounts to a few filthy rags compared to Jesus' torments. The decision involves making Him the object of our trust/ faith/believe .

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

To make it very simple, there's a prayer to receive this gift located at the end of the links below. PM anytime or if you (or others) decide to make that decision.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some of you true believers should attend a baby raper's sentencing hearing or parole plea. There is plenty of repentance at those events and plenty of truly stupid people that buy into pleas for mercy and understanding.

How forgiving and merciful would you be if your 3 year old child was molested multiple times and their life ruined.

There are some truly sanctimonious folks on here with very limited exposure to the real world.

PTL, amen

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,701
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.