Campfire Outfitter

Sunday AM
Ralph Arnold, pastor of Calvary Community Church of Tampa

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have commited unto him against that day!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Forever.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

My salvation is sealed.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When Jesus told the woman to go and "sin no more" and the Apostle Paul told the church " You are responsible for your own salvation", these two instances might put a little crimp into the idea of permanency. And to answer the 3:16 folks, better look real close at 3:5.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

My name is written in the Lambs book of life. My salvation is as secure as Gods promises and the bible is full of them. God does not break his promises

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John 3:5 is often misinterpreted to mean that baptism is required for salvation. It isn't. Faith alone is all that's required.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GWB,

That was a great song to start my day.
Thank you.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by camdog

My salvation is sealed.

I'm glad to hear it!

"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise..."

Ephesians 1

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Forever.

"When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun!"

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.

Works accomplish nothing in gaining or “maintaining” salvation.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ipopum

My name is written in the Lambs book of life. My salvation is as secure as Gods promises and the bible is full of them. God does not break his promises

Amen!

Jesus said,
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. "

John 10

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chisos
When Jesus told the woman to go and "sin no more" and the Apostle Paul told the church " You are responsible for your own salvation", these two instances might put a little crimp into the idea of permanency. And to answer the 3:16 folks, better look real close at 3:5.

Here's the verse and context.

John 3:3-7
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

First birth = flesh = from the water of the mothers womb
Born of the mother is her baby.

Born again = Spirit is spirit = spiritual birth

How this occurs is 15-18
Note that verse 18 does not mention faith in baptism.
Who must one believe in order to be saved from the condemnation?

"That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Believe it or not my friend, this term is used exactly 100 times in this gospel alone.

Who must one believe in order to be saved from the condemnation?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
English translations are incorrect. The phrase in the ancient Greek text of John should be properly translated “every one that is loyal/faithful TO Him”; NOT “whoever believes in Him”. Millions (billions?) of people have been misled for hundreds of years into thinking they are “saved” because of terrible English translations. Faithfulness/loyalty is what God wants from us, not the “easy believeism” the churches promote.

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos

And John 3:36.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
John 3:5 is often misinterpreted to mean that baptism is required for salvation. It isn't. Faith alone is all that's required.

When did Jesus change His mind?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm counting on permanent.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
English translations are incorrect. The phrase in the ancient Greek text of John should be properly translated “every one that is loyal/faithful TO Him”; NOT “whoever believes in Him”. Millions (billions?) of people have been misled for hundreds of years into thinking they are “saved” because of terrible English translations. Faithfulness/loyalty is what God wants from us, not the “easy believeism” the churches promote.

Excellent observation. How many times did the Savior Jesus say, "the one who endures to the end will be saved,"?

Everyday Hunter
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Mine was permanent from the day I was created..................PERIOD!!!!

But of course it depends on your definition of salvation. That word is the feminine derivative of the word Saviour or deliverer. Nothing more, nothing less. All other definitions applied are man's/religions interpretation. It is used to create fear so one will follow whatever course religion says to follow. All negative shadowy entities use fear to control and manipulate the masses. Works quite well.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.