Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dale06
Sounds like an opportunity to hunt over bait. Park that car in the correct location, sit back a hundred yards in another car or in a condo window, and wait for them.

In Seattle thieves are not arrested under the restorative justice mandates thanks to BLM and antifa

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'd just weld in straight pipe before I'd pay $2500 for a new one...

This ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿป

Unless where you live has mandatory emissions testing, straight pipe!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ribka
Sounds like an opportunity to hunt over bait. Park that car in the correct location, sit back a hundred yards in another car or in a condo window, and wait for them.

In Seattle thieves are not arrested under the restorative justice mandates thanks to BLM and antifa

True, yet still unbelievable

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
Colorado adopts California law so you cannot get a non compliant cat. No one will ship to Colorado.
I would like to let the jack down on a thief but they target high clearance trucks. Running over his legs would be second.
The way they do things maybe they can outlaw battery saws. After all there is a law against having starter fluid and corelle bakeware together. ( meth)

My old f150 has all the exhaust welded on and it is rusty.

You can still get a CARB cat convertor shipped to Co. Thought higher priced than a EPA convertor, they are still cheaper than OEM.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'd just weld in straight pipe before I'd pay $2500 for a new one...

This ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿป

Good idea, if your state doesn't check emissions and if the computer in the vehicle will let the vehicle run. I tried that on my truck and it started missing and had no power. Mechanic told me the computer was confused. Put a cat convertor on it and the problem went away.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

I simply would not live in such a place, whatever the attractions or advantages. Government exists to protect us and our property. When they refuse to do their job, itโ€™s time to pull up stakes. No doubt youโ€™d be in more trouble than the thieves if you tried to stop them, just like Britain, where itโ€™s illegal to resist criminals and thieves generally get a lecture then released.

We have some areas in WV where theft is rampant, but the police will at least arrest and charge them.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you're running no cat and have a downstream sensor, you have to install a $10 sensor spacer to turn off the check engine light...

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Where my daughter lives is in the center of the square mile of all retail businesses are boarded up at the street level.
When she walks to work, she goes past the homeless tents.
Due to covid, she works from home [a tiny one bedroom condo on the 5th floor].

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Watch and wait. When he gets it cut off, shoot him in the knee with a .22 short and watch him try to run away. Laugh your azz off, and shoot him in the other knee! Retrieve converter, drive a few blocks away, wire it into place and set up another ambush.

I like this plan.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

Where my daughter lives is in the center of the square mile of all retail businesses are boarded up at the street level.

You need to get her out of thereโ€ฆ

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Why ANYONE would subject themselves to live in a crap, drug, and crime infested place full of liberal arseholes is beyond me! Thereโ€™s absolutely no job worth that. Iโ€™m guessing your daughter is the victim of some liberal brainwashing university? Why the hell would she want to stay in a place where your life is less valuable than a welfare moms next fix? Iโ€™ve a friend whose daughter is doing the same. She seems to think its some white penitence thing (and I think she likes to party)

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Many catalytic converter thieves tend to operate in an organized fashion and 'specialize' in certain types of vehicles and where parked, and when the 'heat' starts getting too intense they back off for a while or else leave the area and start up elsewhere.

Around here they seem to much prefer stealing from business vehicles rather than private, especially box trucks. A little while back the box trucks belonging to Habitat for Humanity in a nearby town, which is located in an area with no private residences nearby, low traffic at night and minimal street lighting, had the catalytic converters stolen off them back-to-back times.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

You need to get her out of thereโ€ฆ

^^^This^^^

She should be able to to work anywhere with an internet connection.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Junkers only paying about $40 a cat here

1. Typical overblown campfire fantasy hype about โ€œthousandsโ€

2. Admittingly, Tenn is a black hole of everything that sucks. Donโ€™t come here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Sorry to hear, Seattle is such a crap hole

ain't just Seattle. They steal them daily here in Florida too. Takes very little time, makes almost no noise, yields a big payoff. Another crime and expense created by our government.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Running a battery powered sawzall makes hellified screeching noises on manifolds and pipe iโ€™ve sawn off

How can you say it makes almost no noise?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/20...-drags-his-body-behind-truck-police-say/

TACOMA, Washington โ€” A man shot and killed someone he caught trying to steal a catalytic converter from his truck in Lakewood, then dragged his body behind the truck to a field and dumped it, police said.

The 54-year-old man was sleeping in his truck Saturday when he woke up about 3:45 a.m. because of loud noises and his truck vibrating. When he looked out, he saw a man halfway beneath his truck apparently trying to steal the catalytic converter.
โ€œHe shoots him,โ€ Lt. Chris Lawler said.

The would-be thief tried to get in his own vehicle to leave but was unable to do so because of the gunshot wound.

โ€œThe suspect approaches him again and fires at him again,โ€ Lawler said.

The man then used rope to tie the would-be thief to the ball hitch of his truck and dragged him to a nearby field behind some railroad tracks. He untied the body and left, police said.

โ€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.โ€
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How on earth did it wake him up?

Mannlicher said the gig was nearly noiseless

Must have been the vibrations

This is getting as stupid as becoming magnetic

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sawzall-ing the exhaust pipe makes a bit of a racket. Cut mine out last year as it was clogged.

Unfortunately small GM cats ainโ€™t worth much. Wouldnโ€™t even cover a cheap flux core welder to fix the pipe.

โ€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.โ€
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just have her buy a Tesla. No cat converter.

wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.