Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Abyssinian Church names Pontius Pilate as a saint. I certainly believe Pilate might have received salvation. Nebuchadnezzar accepted the Lord after his sanity was restored. I have to wonder if Judas Iscariot might have received salvation after he repented. And he certainly repented. You don't throw your payoff down and go hang yourself if you are happy about yourself. I just don't know. I'm going to deal with my relationship to God's will as I understand it and try to leave the judging of other's salvation up to God. He doesn't need me to help him sort that out.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by kingston
Boomer, I think you need to talk to someone.
A deeply troubled man.
LOL
Troubled by the seemingly perpetual acceptance of pedophiles as redeemable by the likes of some of our 'Christian' folk, then yes... Of course you view it through the teaching and experiences you've had... Because your religion says this or that (I assume), don't make it fact, it is a belief, personal belief and group belief that has been taught. Nothing more, nothing less. From what I have seen of you, you are a GoodGuy. Keep it up.
I apologize, I was wrong to disparage you. I know some perversions would require a miracle to cure. You are engaging in rational thinking to look at pedophiles with disgust. I believe God could cure them but I also believe they should be in prison for life. Too much risk otherwise.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m must be an instrument of God, who has compelled me to begin a pedophile’s eternity in hell experience.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A woman that has an abortion has murdered her own child but if she truly has a sincere change of heart, regrets her actions and ask for the Lords forgiveness she too can be saved.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I’m must be an instrument of God, who has compelled me to begin a pedophile’s eternity in hell experience.

Bless you my son.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Are you saying that God is incapable of forgiving child rapists?? Sin is Sin, weather it is raping a child or bedding that bar maid after last call. God doesn't look at degrees of sin, just that it is sin. Man places degrees or how evil a particular sin is.
Don't misunderstand me; I think child rapists should have the express ride to meeting God, face to face.

God can forgive who he likes, but I want them hung.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MickeyD
If you, or your religion, teaches that God would consider forgiveness to child rapists, then yes absolutely I am saying you are an idiot and your your religion stupid. It's really that simple.

It's NOT any man's place to tell God who is or is not worthy of salvation! ....

Man told you that nonsense, plain and simple. Your religion was made up by man. You have made a claim about God's intent yourself in saying so.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

As was asked above is person that commits adult rape capable of salvation? How about first degree murder? How about manslaughter?Which of us mortals can be so arrogant as to think that we get to draw the line or know what it is. What if one of the people above came from a horrible home life themself full of abuse Vs. someone that commits a crime but had a great childhood is there a sliding scale for that? God’s teaching are beyond clear and something that I thought more people understood. Only God knows a mans heart and rather or not he’s truly remorseful and sought forgiveness from God. If he has and follows Gods commandments he’s saved. If he isn’t or doesn’t than he’s not.

This was the line of reasoning that lead to the original question which MB obviously is avoiding.

Which points to the truth of IZH27’s assertions above.

Don't be a simplton like IZ. I have addressed the question you seem hung up on. I simply don't care about it further. The topic is child rapists and the "religious" teaching that such are redeemable. Good luck. Respectfully, if you feel like your religion is under attack by my words, you may very well be correct.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
The Abyssinian Church names Pontius Pilate as a saint. I certainly believe Pilate might have received salvation. Nebuchadnezzar accepted the Lord after his sanity was restored. I have to wonder if Judas Iscariot might have received salvation after he repented. And he certainly repented. You don't throw your payoff down and go hang yourself if you are happy about yourself. I just don't know. I'm going to deal with my relationship to God's will as I understand it and try to leave the judging of other's salvation up to God. He doesn't need me to help him sort that out.

Sounds like some interesting stories - written by man. You, nor I, can affirm any validity to those reports. Best of luck.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Then there's that.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
MtnBoome,

"there is none so blind as he who will not see."
Seek Him and you shall find Him!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
A woman that has an abortion has murdered her own child but if she truly has a sincere change of heart, regrets her actions and ask for the Lords forgiveness she too can be saved.

Murdering one's unborn baby is pretty bad. However, assuming she can be saved is purely a matter of a religious belief - a belief created by man and taught by man. However, the topic is not murder of babies, it's the fuucking of them and the seemingly endless coddling of the child fuuckers by the religious folks claiming they're redeemable. Good luck.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
MtnBoome,

Thank you. I'll do so, without full conformation to the man-made nonsense... No doubt that seems severe to those entrenched in what they've been taught... Appreciate your input.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by efw
If you, or your religion, teaches that God would consider forgiveness to child rapists, then yes absolutely I am saying you are an idiot and your your religion stupid. It's really that simple.

If He won’t forgive “that guy” He won’t forgive you.

Or me.

Absurd made up construct of someone else's religion. I prefer to think otherwise.

your idiotic thinking will cost you dearly.you are no better than a child rapist.you might not like that truth but its the truth.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Then the retard comes forth and spewith nonsense ^^^^^^^^^.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
MtnBoome,

Thank you. I'll do so, without full conformation to the man-made nonsense... No doubt that seems severe to those entrenched in what they've been taught... Appreciate your input.

I know you will not believe me....
It is FAR more man made nonsense. God is REAL!!!! I've had a personal (far more than just spiritual) physical conversation with Him. I stood in His presence. To say it was a life changing experience is a HUGE understatement.
Just look around you at all the wonders of this world, the unimaginable intricacies of it all....how everything is a self sustaining, self renewing...how it all balances out. Surely you can't think it's all just an accident.
Whether you wish to call Him God, there is an unimaginably powerful intelligence behind it all.
There is a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I pray that the Lord will heal your wounds and bring you to know Him and bless you with that peace. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. None shall come to the Father save by Him.

Last edited by MickeyD; 09/27/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks. I did not mean to convey that I believe God is not real, rather, man's made up attempt to deal with it... I'm going forward having learned some things, possibly helpful or otherwise. Best of luck.

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I know you will not believe me....
It is FAR more man made nonsense. God is REAL!!!! I've had a personal (far more than just spiritual) physical conversation with Him. I stood in His presence. To say it was a life changing experience is a HUGE understatement.
Just look around you at all the wonders of this world, the unimaginable intricacies of it all....how everything is a self sustaining, self renewing...how it all balances out. Surely you can't think it's all just an accident.
Whether you wish to call Him God, there is an unimaginably powerful intelligence behind it all.
There is a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I pray that the Lord will heal your wounds and bring you to know Him and bless you with that peace. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. None shall come to the Father save by Him.

So...you are weird.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks. I did not mean to convey that I believe God is not real, rather, man's made up attempt to deal with it... I'm going forward having learned some things, possibly helpful or otherwise. Best of luck.

I want to thank you for bringing this topic up and your comments in response to mine. It has served to remind me of the sense of awe and wonder that I experienced nearly 30 years ago as I stood in His presence. Sometimes, with the passage of time, even the most momentous events in our lives can become somewhat faded. Just thinking back to that day has, once again, shook me to my roots with the sure and certain knowledge of His truly awesome power and grace.
Praise God!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Boomer-
First the vaccine argument, now the religion argument…
You just in a bad mood looking to argue with someone?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.