K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?

Excellent question.

Saved from sin and it's wages... eternal consequence.

Everlasting spiritual death
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Roman s 6:23

The spiritually dead suffer torments.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Now you can see from the first verse I mentioned,

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

We deserve to go to hell.
God loves us, so He gave Jesus His only begotten Son to take our place. He suffered enough so that anyone who DECIDES to go to heaven through HIM will be saved from suffering forever.
It takes you changing your mind and realizing that you can't add anything to the salvation by good works. What we could add amounts to a few filthy rags compared to Jesus' torments. The decision involves making Him the object of our trust/ faith/believe .

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

To make it very simple, there's a prayer to receive this gift located at the end of the links below. PM anytime or if you (or others) decide to make that decision.

Ya have to love how you turn simple words into some form of a religion. Sin, a Greek Archery term, to miss the mark. it can also mean to be mistaken, to err, exactly what religious teachings are doing.
Hell, a word that originally was Hebrew and meant: a gorge. But as the Greek were using it.......... This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned. ............ loosely translated from the Greek it can mean "Grave", but nothing more.

Death: another word that's meaning is exactly that. Death, something that happens when you die, the end of life.

Your use of the words spiritually dead are being manipulated, something religion loves to do to lead its followers down a primrose path.
So the end of life (death) and Hell (a valley or the grave) are cast into the lake of fire and you think that is bad?? It simply means there will be no more end of lives nor graves since end of life will no longer exist.
So who was not written in the book of life? It's an easy answer and probably not the one you were programmed to believe.

Begotten son, someone God gave birth to. Begotten: alone (without a companion), but from its original word it simply means; to remain, abide in reference to place to sojourn, tarry not to depart to continue to be present to be held, kept, continually, to remain as one, not to become another or different.

Jesus is someone I'm very well acquainted with. I've known and followed His teachings for a lot of years now. So here is something to ponder on. One of the things Jesus taught me was that He and I are sons of God equally. He and I are sons of men equally.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have yet to hear anyone really give any kind of explanation of how they can lose their salvation. One sin? Ten sins? A hundred sins? Does it matter which kind of sins?
There's no limit to God's forgiveness so there's no limit to how often you can sin and still be forgiven. I can see only 2 ways to lose it. One is to reject Christ, to turn your back on him and tell him to be gone. The other is committing the unforgivable sin - calling the Holy Spirit evil. I can't see any true Christian doing either, though.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by J4Me
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.” (John 6:53–55)

Do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

I have heard enough Catholic sermons and Roman Catholic friends bring this up that I have given it enough thought to read what Jesus said in those gospels He teaches on the subject.

Please look with me at the wonderful teaching you mentioned here from Jesus. To see what He is talking about, let's go back a few more verses.

"47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

First note the topic he initiates.
" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

Q: What is the requirement for everlasting life?
A:. The same one He told Nicodemus?
St. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Here as elsewhere, He gives the literal...."believeth in him." AND
"He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

That's very clear. Faith/ believe in Jesus for the gift of everlasting life.

Now Jesus gives the figurative (sometimes called type).

51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Q;. Was Jesus a loaf of bread? Was He a plate of wafers.... literally?
A:. Of course not. These were reminders given as common symbols. The "51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven..." is Jesus. He mentioned the manna that came down from heaven as the old testament symbol to Moses's people. The Pharisees were reminded of this from Exodus.
Then He says that He is this bread. What kind of good works does sitting down for bread and wine take? None. It is eating. We are to be reminded that it's not our own works, it is His death that paid for all sins.
Does this sound like it takes work to believe?
No. It's as easy as eating, because He is the bread of life, just as the woman at the well was told that He is the water of life.
He was not a literal cup of water. It takes no effort to drink either.
Likewise, Jesus is the Door to the sheepfold.
Salvation is as simple as walking through a door. Jesus is the only way to heaven. You must believe what?

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

Do you believe this?

And are you sure that verse 47 is saying what you've been told it is saying.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?

Excellent question.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

God loves us, so He gave Jesus His only begotten Son to take our place. He suffered enough so that anyone who DECIDES to go to heaven through HIM will be saved from suffering forever.
It takes you changing your mind and realizing that you can't add anything to the salvation by good works. What we could add amounts to a few filthy rags compared to Jesus' torments. The decision involves making Him the object of our trust/ faith/believe .

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

To make it very simple, there's a prayer to receive this gift located at the end of the links below. PM anytime or if you (or others) decide to make that decision.

Ya have to love how you turn simple words into some form of a religion. Sin, a Greek Archery term, to miss the mark. it can also mean to be mistaken, to err, exactly what religious teachings are doing.
Hell, a word that originally was Hebrew and meant: a gorge. But as the Greek were using it.......... This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned. ............ loosely translated from the Greek it can mean "Grave", but nothing more.

Death: another word that's meaning is exactly that. Death, something that happens when you die, the end of life.

Your use of the words spiritually dead are being manipulated, something religion loves to do to lead its followers down a primrose path.
So the end of life (death) and Hell (a valley or the grave) are cast into the lake of fire and you think that is bad?? It simply means there will be no more end of lives nor graves since end of life will no longer exist.
So who was not written in the book of life? It's an easy answer and probably not the one you were programmed to believe.

Begotten son, someone God gave birth to. Begotten: alone (without a companion), but from its original word it simply means; to remain, abide in reference to place to sojourn, tarry not to depart to continue to be present to be held, kept, continually, to remain as one, not to become another or different.

Jesus is someone I'm very well acquainted with. I've known and followed His teachings for a lot of years now. So here is something to ponder on. One of the things Jesus taught me was that He and I are sons of God equally. He and I are sons of men equally.

You sound like a pastor.
What denomination do you belong to?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have yet to hear anyone really give any kind of explanation of how they can lose their salvation. One sin? Ten sins? A hundred sins? Does it matter which kind of sins?
There's no limit to God's forgiveness so there's no limit to how often you can sin and still be forgiven. I can see only 2 ways to lose it. One is to reject Christ, to turn your back on him and tell him to be gone. The other is committing the unforgivable sin - calling the Holy Spirit evil. I can't see any true Christian doing either, though.

So, you can live your life on earth committing the same sins over and over again and expect salvation as long as you believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God, born ofvtge Virgin Mary and died to atone for our sins and declare with our mouths that we believe in Him?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Saved from what?
Excellent question.
K22: Be careful, very careful. You are suggesting that you are critically studying the word. Not to be done.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
As the Lord’s servant, you must not quarrel. You must be kind toward all,

“Turn away from your sins, because the Kingdom of heaven is near!”

Some scriptures say to believe, some say to believe and repent and be baptized (is that just a public declaration, because you dont have to go under the water).

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/26/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bible thumpers.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Now, RC and Happy, what about this scripture

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I repeat,

the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Think for yourself. Jesus didn't cancel the Old Testament, he endorsed it. God does not change. Read Jesus' teachings, be careful when someone starts clarifying them. Jesus had over 3 years to say what he needed to say. If something doesn't agree with Jesus forget it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

So, you can live your life on earth committing the same sins over and over again and expect salvation as long as you believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God, born ofvtge Virgin Mary and died to atone for our sins and declare with our mouths that we believe in Him?
It does say that. But, it also says this:
Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Jesus also told the woman caught in adultery to 'sin no more'.
Yes, we'll be forgiven but Jesus expects us to strive to avoid sinning. He knows we'll fail but he wants us to do our best to avoid it.

― George Orwell

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
GWB,

That was a great song to start my day.
Thank you.

+1

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I repeat,

It sounds like you are quoting Matthew 7:21?

I'll look that up to get the rest.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I repeat,

It sounds like you are quoting Matthew 7:21?

I'll look that up to get the rest.

Yep, that's a sad scripture. So many know the Book, just don't know the Author....

And they're deceived, thinking they're doing good for the Lord, expept He didn't (doesn't) know them.

It's hard to read that without feeling their anguish.

DF

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Condemnation for the mere condition of a lack of conviction is petty and childish.

I don’t believe you can make a biblical case for your statement.

I think you’ve not got the right idea…..trying to keep it real simple…you have a relationship with your Creator or you don’t.

If you don’t want a relationship with God, tragic, but that is your choice …..No relationship with God before your death…no relationship after your death. No relationship with the Creator for “eternity.”

^^^^^
This

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Since so many of the sins mentioned in this thread are of a sexual nature, I'll throw this out.
Are sexual sins more serious than non-sexual ones?

Check out this passage:
1Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, BUT the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?
You are not your own,
20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

It seems to say that sexual sin is more serious because it's against the Holy Spirit. Remember that the only unforgivable in is one against the Spirit. You don't mess with the Holy Spirit. That word 'but' is big. It changes the message of this passage from a sin against the Lord to one against the Spirit.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I repeat,

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

I always look to see who it's addressing because it makes a difference if Jesus is talking to born again believers or rebuking the devil, for instance.

"15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

It sounds like someone I just asked if he was a pastor.
Jesus addresses the people about false prophets here that are not his sheep.
Jaguar, we know that they are unbelievers from the get go.

Then we get to your verse.

"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Jesus will hear their appeals of WHY THEY think they are deserving of salvation. Here's the list.

A. "saith unto me, Lord, Lord"
Many say they made Jesus"Lord of their lives", but that is not God's way of salvation.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."
God the Father made His Son Lord. Every preacher on TV would tell people something like "make Jesus Lord of your life and submit to His Lordship...." Or something like that.
Rejected by Christ

B. " have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name "
That is what I have read and heard many times. How many preachers have you heard give some new prophecy about some politicians or world events, all in the name of the Lord.
There's the warning and curse to them found at the end of Revelation. I'll let you look that up since I'm very tired right now....last couple verses.

C. "and in thy name have cast out devils?"
They could've been anyone who was from the sons of Sceva to Rosemary's baby. I've seen a video of all kinds of Demon possession in Africa and the pastor's had a false gospel.
There are those who cast them out, but not saved. I listen to the gospel message and that's the only way Jesus accepts
. He doesn't care if the person is an apostle of the apastolics or RCs. That never was the will of the Father for entry into heaven.

D. "and in thy name done many wonderful works?"
Do good works save anyone Jaguar? I think you know that they don't.
CORRECT ANSWER IS:
Titus 3:5. " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us."

Ephesians 2:8,9. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You see what they were trusting in?
Their good works.
The same can be said for "repenting of your sins" or baptism....good works.....Not acceptable to Jesus or the Father.

I hope you are still with me.
I'm about done.
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What is the will of the Father for our salvation?

Jesus said,
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

So what is the Father's will to be saved?
The way we see Jesus today is by reading the Bible about Him.
He is the rising Savior, the Christ, the Son of God.
(Details in links below)

It's midnight in my time zone and I'm zoned out. 😴
PM for discussion, questions etc and I will be there tomorrow.
Have a good night my friend.

HC

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I repeat,

Here it is Jaguar.

Matthew 7

I always look to see who it's addressing because it makes a difference if Jesus is talking to born again believers or rebuking the devil, for instance.

"15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

It sounds like someone I just asked if he was a pastor.
Jesus addresses the people about false prophets here that are not his sheep.
Jaguar, we know that they are unbelievers from the get go.

Then we get to your verse.

"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Jesus will hear their appeals of WHY THEY think they are deserving of salvation. Here's the list.

A. "saith unto me, Lord, Lord"
Many say they made Jesus"Lord of their lives", but that is not God's way of salvation.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."
God the Father made His Son Lord. Every preacher on TV would tell people something like "make Jesus Lord of your life and submit to His Lordship...." Or something like that.
Rejected by Christ

B. " have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name "
That is what I have read and heard many times. How many preachers have you heard give some new prophecy about some politicians or world events, all in the name of the Lord.
There's the warning and curse to them found at the end of Revelation. I'll let you look that up since I'm very tired right now....last couple verses.

C. "and in thy name have cast out devils?"
They could've been anyone who was from the sons of Sceva to Rosemary's baby. I've seen a video of all kinds of Demon possession in Africa and the pastor's had a false gospel.
There are those who cast them out, but not saved. I listen to the gospel message and that's the only way Jesus accepts
. He doesn't care if the person is an apostle of the apastolics or RCs. That never was the will of the Father for entry into heaven.

D. "and in thy name done many wonderful works?"
Do good works save anyone Jaguar? I think you know that they don't.
CORRECT ANSWER IS:
Titus 3:5. " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us."

Ephesians 2:8,9. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You see what they were trusting in?
Their good works.
The same can be said for "repenting of your sins" or baptism....good works.....Not acceptable to Jesus or the Father.

I hope you are still with me.
I'm about done.
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What is the will of the Father for our salvation?

Jesus said,
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

So what is the Father's will to be saved?
The way we see Jesus today is by reading the Bible about Him.
He is the rising Savior, the Christ, the Son of God.
(Details in links below)

It's midnight in my time zone and I'm zoned out. 😴
PM for discussion, questions etc and I will be there tomorrow.
Have a good night my friend.

HC

Instead of eating a dick, can you try to suck start a 12 gauge? Maybe use your big toe if your arms aren’t long enough.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Condemnation for the mere condition of a lack of conviction is petty and childish.

I think you’ve not got the right idea…..trying to keep it real simple…you have a relationship with your Creator or you don’t.

If you don’t want a relationship with God, tragic, but that is your choice …..No relationship with God before your death…no relationship after your death. No relationship with the Creator for “eternity.”

It's basic morality. We as human beings can see that condemning someone to death or torment on the basis of lack of conviction as excessive and morally and ethically unsound. We don't kill people over what they don't believe. Do we show a greater tolerance toward those of other beliefs or lack of conviction than God? Are we more reasonable than God?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It's basic morality. We as human beings can see that condemning someone to death or torment on the basis of lack of conviction as excessive and morally and ethically unsound. We don't kill people over what they don't believe. Do we show a greater tolerance toward those of other beliefs or lack of conviction than God? Are we more reasonable than God?

So, you simply regurgitate your previous thesis …. Ok…why do you ….apparently…. believe that “we don’t kill people over what they don’t believe? Look around… what do you see in the world? I suspect you are blinded. Surely you are that unaware….. well, maybe you are….

Further, why do you believe that ….apparently….that Jesus….would condemn someone for a “lack of conviction?” I don’t see anything in the Bible that says that people are condemned for having a “lack of conviction.” You are just making this stuff up.

Btw…. When you stand before your Creator, you will have “no excuse.”

Like I said….

If one does not want a relationship with his Creator, that is tragic.

No relationship with God…before your death….. then no relationship with God after your death….. and no relationship for “eternity.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,866
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.