Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Fresh on the heels of my recent African bowhunt, Im back bowhunting in WI. Im not going to have a lot of time to bowhunt WI so when this 10 point offered the opportunity , I took him. Again test my homemade 250 grain 6 blade broadhead and again get some thermal drone footage.

I worked with the town and am now the corporate sponsor for the deer reduction program by underwritting all the costs for this year so they can afford more gear and stands, etc. Its a worthy cause and it allows me to do a lot of bowhunting product testing by killing many deer.

Here is the thermal foorage of the carcass location.

It was your standard double lung punch but my broadhead design really tears them up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I enjoyed some fresh tenderlions.

I did my own euro mount and had it completed in 72 hours. If you want your skulls whiter, use 40 volume hair developer.

Im re-arranging the mount room and have 8 African animals coming so this buck will go on the pile with the others until I find time to figure out where everything will hang.

In Wisconsin I will be targeting antlerless deer to bring the population down in the town. Ive got some hunts planned but this is the bow season (the busiest time of year for my company) so I dont know how much hunting Im going to get to do.

In 2021 Ive been fortunate to hunt several states already and Africa and have taken 12 species with my bow.

Hopefully this will spur interest in members of this group to take up bowhunting and someday I will get to see pictures of somebody else's bow kills on these pages instead of guys havinging to dig uo posts from 2019 just to see a bow kill from somebody else here..

Until next time
Your pal
The adventure bowhunter

Last edited by sharp_things; 09/27/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nice buck.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Another poached deer

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
They aren't really poached, they are city deer though. Town of Pewaukee in Wisconsin has way too many deer. No hunting with a gun and you need enough acres to hunt with a bow.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Im re-arranging the mount room and have 8 African animals coming so this buck will go on the pile with the others until I find time to figure out where everything will hang.

If you lost weight, you would have more room.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ihookem
They aren't really poached, they are city deer though. Town of Pewaukee in Wisconsin has way too many deer. No hunting with a gun and you need enough acres to hunt with a bow.

He has been busted for poaching! He is a poacher and a high fence pay to play bitch

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
E
E
Originally Posted by sharp_things

In Wisconsin I will be targeting antlerless deer to bring the population down in the town. Ive got some hunts planned but this is the bow season (the busiest time of year for my company) so I dont know how much hunting Im going to get to do.

I agree with you, hunting deer in a city backyard under a nuisance tag isn't bowhunting. So, therfore, this buck wasn't taken by bowhunting. You should try bowhunting wild deer in Wisconsin again, you might find you enjoy it. Until then let's keep non bowhunting kills like this off the bowhunting page.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I can’t wait to hunt the rut with a crossbow again this year.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lol...another bird feeder deer taken by the fat slob Ron.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Region6

If you lost weight, you would have more room.

LMAO!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Fresh on the heels of my recent African bowhunt, Im back bowhunting in WI. Im not going to have a lot of time to bowhunt WI so when this 10 point offered the opportunity , I took him. Again test my homemade 250 grain 6 blade broadhead and again get some thermal drone footage.

I worked with the town and am now the corporate sponsor for the deer reduction program by underwritting all the costs for this year so they can afford more gear and stands, etc. Its a worthy cause and it allows me to do a lot of bowhunting product testing by killing many deer.

Here is the thermal foorage of the carcass location.

It was your standard double lung punch but my broadhead design really tears them up.

I enjoyed some fresh tenderlions.

I did my own euro mount and had it completed in 72 hours. If you want your skulls whiter, use 40 volume hair developer.

In 2021 Ive been fortunate to hunt several states already and Africa and have taken 12 species with my bow.

Hopefully this will spur interest in members of this group to take up bowhunting and someday I will get to see pictures of somebody else's bow kills on these pages instead of guys havinging to dig uo posts from 2019 just to see a bow kill from somebody else here..

Until next time
Your pal
The adventure bowhunter

Good job.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I was blessed to make a clean shot on a decent doe last Friday, here on the farm in a small wooded area between the bean and corn fields. My HTR Mathews is quite a decent little bow! Dragging the doe out to a location I could get my truck to , kicked my almost 63 year old ass!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.