Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 57 1 2 53 54 55 56 57
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Despite his rough and abrasive way of communicating, Big Stick puts his gear through all that purposeful damage because if it can take that abuse, it'll take the much more mild abuse of normal wear and tear. I don't believe he claims otherwise, if you can read between the lines or in his case, cypher the cryptology. I absolutely won't defend his style, and I have been guilty of throwing bait out for him in the past but that's not the point I am making.

I'd imagine companies such as SWFA, Kimber and Barrett are big fans of his free advertising.
The same way he abused his ex-wife and kids I guess crazy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Moana Lotsa,

I'll extend the same courtesy to you,simply cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to "understand" and I'll use lesser ones just for you and your Retardation...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You ever consider actually doing something for yourself,so you can comment in the first hand,if only for the first time? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for your Stupidity being no "act".

Hint.

Fhuqking Laughing!....................

10Tears,

You be SURE to use your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude in the way it suits you best,to salve your copious WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How many times a day do you think about me on the average,when you are trying to "convince" yourself,that you "could too"? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for rattling Pom-Pom's on the sideline and "living" vicariously". You gals are a "rugged" lot.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Tin',

The astute simply take notes and apply same,while the Karens repeatedly Meltdown the fhuqk down,in a pool of tear stained Estrogen. It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't and the Ladies simply can't begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Though in their "defense" and if only in "fairness",the less they "know","see" and "do",the "better" everything is! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The Carbon Queen is shining rather brightly,despite the fact I never shot it in OEM length. Balance/handling was schit,so blasted 3" offa da' Bitch outta da' gate and all was MUCH improved. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Despite pounding moly down a STERILE bore this morning,the Nasty Bitch settled FAST. I corrected the first shot at the 100yd line ala ruler/erector and #2,#3 and #4 were under 3/4". Rest wasn't the best,nor is the trigger(tweaked Double Stager),so I simply zero'd it at 200yds and went to confirming come-ups. I don't even bother to chronograph anymore and my initial velocity guess was a touch elevated(2515fps speculated). I'd softened the 120 BB's G1 to .435 and correlated 2475fps actual ala erector/ruler and it tracked like it had fhuqking eyes,to the Transonic Slip(900yds/11 Mil's). Lever,Lapooey,450's and a magfed Smooch. What were the fhuqking "odds"?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I still LOVE a RCBS Deburring Tool Crown! Hint.

At least it was all velvet Gloves and Climate Controlled. Pun be fhuqking intended. Hint.

I'll suffer the bitter Blued Bore Pill for a spell,then obviously rebarrel 22PPC AFI 1-7" for 88's. You KNOW these Crying Karen Fhuqktards are Googling the fhuqk outta EVERYTHING! Hint.

Bless their hearts.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Have you considered adding subtitles to your videos?
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Brokedick Melting Snowflakes,are a fhuqking HOOT!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Have you considered adding subtitles to your videos?

It would look something like this.....

"Fugg something fugging fugg something fugging something fugg fuggers fugg something something fugg you."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I happen to like how BS tests his gear. What difference does it make if it's accumulated use or contrived situations that provide the information? It's more valuable information than you get from the guys who are quick to admonish BS and others who've tested and used equipment hard and subsequently experienced failures, as, by doing so, they're tacitly making it clear that they don't really know what the capabilities and limitations of the gear they are championing and recommending are. But then, this is exactly where most Leupold threads seem to end up: You get guys who complain about and deride both scopes that come with exposed turrets and those who actually expect to use them stating that Leupolds are great and that anyone who has arrived at a disparate conclusion can be easily dismissed as being too hard on gear, shooting too far, expecting too much from optics, hating to hate, being a paid troll from China, etc, etc.

Anyone familiar with equipment made and relied upon for hard use and life safety professions knows that RDT&E processes are testing things till failure centric. As Hunter S Thompson stated, "You don't know where the line is that you've gone too far until you're over it." So, too, it is with gear. You don't have to like the way BS presents his findings, but at least he knows what his equipment can do and what it can't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
his dinero his toys no bother me. muy bueno fisherman in water y the internet !

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Mach3
One thing I hate about Leupold is how EVERYTHING they are putting out lately has the overrated CDS dials on them. I personally don't need the extra/added cost stuff on a hunting scope. I know of a few other people who feel this way as well.

It's a pain in the ass initially because it comes set to zero and if you need any -elevation at initial sight in, you have to take the cap off and reposition it so you can come down. Then when you're zeroed you have to take it off again and position it to zero. I just do that and leave it alone. Otherwise, it adjusts nicely with good solid clicks.

Sometimes I think it would've been a better move for Leupold to double down on the svelt, lightweight, 1" set it and forget it market than to try to keep up with the turret twisting market that has clearly passed them by. At the very least, they should've done a major redesign on their mechanicals instead of just putting an exposed turret on their old erector design that was notorious for inconsistent adjustment even while just trying to sight in.

By and large, there's a lot of people who don't twist turrets who are happy with their Leupolds. I still have them on levers, pumps, and other "woods" rifles and they've given decent service in that capacity. I danced the Leupold shuffle getting them sighted in, but once sighted in they seem to do ok for awhile. Where they unraveled for me was VX-3 and VX-5 CDS's I had that wouldn't track consistently and or return to zero after twisting on.

Now, with all of the companies getting out of the scope business and or discontinuing their tried and true 1" offerings that a lot of us are still looking to buy, I think a niche exists, and Leupold would be well positioned to fill it.

Another reason why I like capped "set it and forget it" turrets. Not exposed to the elements in the woods and less stuff that could go wrong. Not a turret twister and never will be. Never understood the craze for it on a hunting scope.

They're probably awesome for a target shooter.

If you hunted in open country you'd understand. You just going to hold high and guess? I'd rather dial and hold dead on....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Larry ball lickers here are more entertaining then his same old, played out lines.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I happen to like how BS tests his gear. What difference does it make if it's accumulated use or contrived situations that provide the information? It's more valuable information than you get from the guys who are quick to admonish BS and others who've tested and used equipment hard and subsequently experienced failures, as, by doing so, they're tacitly making it clear that they don't really know what the capabilities and limitations of the gear they are championing and recommending are. But then, this is exactly where most Leupold threads seem to end up: You get guys who complain about and deride both scopes that come with exposed turrets and those who actually expect to use them stating that Leupolds are great and that anyone who has arrived at a disparate conclusion can be easily dismissed as being too hard on gear, shooting too far, expecting too much from optics, hating to hate, being a paid troll from China, etc, etc.

Anyone familiar with equipment made and relied upon for hard use and life safety professions knows that RDT&E processes are testing things till failure centric. As Hunter S Thompson stated, "You don't know where the line is that you've gone too far until you're over it." So, too, it is with gear. You don't have to like the way BS presents his findings, but at least he knows what his equipment can do and what it can't.

Suck his ass if you want to the guy is a whack job. crazy

Last edited by coobie; 09/27/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by coobie

You guys are as on que with dismissive statements as BS is with hackneyed insults and aphorisms.

Someone who sucks Larry's ass: Stick-o-phant

Last edited by Starbuck; 09/27/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by coobie

You guys are as on que with dismissive statements as BS is with hackneyed insults and aphorisms.

Larry suck ass: Stick-o-phant

Last edited by coobie; 09/28/21.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm aware that he's been through some hard times. I sincerely hope you never have to go through the abject pain and suffering that comes with loosing someone you care about in that way.

Just like the Leupold deniers, keep in mind that what's stated in a post or in a conversation sometimes conveys much more about a personality, character, and life experience than what was originally intended.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Willto
A heavy unwieldy scope with too much magnification is not just something I don’t need in that situation, it is an impediment to getting the job done.

My cousin has a Nightforce scope on one of his rifles. I've looked through it. It has great glass and appears to be built like a tank. But it's also damn near the size of the Hubble telescope, weighs a ton, and completely f#*#s up the balance and feel of what would otherwise be a fine hunting rifle. I guess chit like that doesn't matter if all you are going to do is shoot from a benchrest at stationary metal targets. Not much of a stalking rig however.

And that's what you can't get the knob twisters to understand. There is still a place for a scope that is light weight with it's primary quality features being the quality of the glass and lens coatings. In other words A HUNTING SCOPE. A lot of target scopes are not good low light scopes. Now you can get a target scope that also has fantastic glass and great low light performance but added to all the target features already on that scope you will damn well pay for it.

30 mm main tubes, heavier erector sytems with micro accurate click adjustments, ballistic plex reticles, tall turrent knobs with a zero stop system, side adjustable parallax, first focal plane reticle, 4 to 24 power zoom, etc. etc. all add either expense or weight to a scope. Some add both. All of the features I just listed are not only unneeded for a hunter like myself but as mentioned before can actually make a scope less suitable for my needs. So why would I want them and why in the absolute hell would I pay more for them? What I need in a scope is to hold zero, not fog up, have good glass, good lens coatings and if possible not weigh frigging 2.5 pounds in the process. I can still get just the things I need for a hunting scope from some of the models Leupold offers and at a decent price.

I also must be the luckiest SOB on earth because I have owned 6 Leupolds and never had one that I had trouble sighting in or that would lose it's zero. And yet you come here and get the impression that the Leupold failure rate is about 85%. LOL! I particularly like the stories by the guys who had 6 of them crap out on them. Hmmm, you had 4 scopes of a particular brand turn out to be unusable pieces of chit and yet you still purchased a 5th and a 6th made by the same people? Seems kinda odd. I think I would have bailed on them after number 2 failed. Me thinks I detect the faint whiff of bullchit in some stories like that.

ME AGREES

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm aware that he's been through some hard times. I sincerely hope you never have to go through the abject pain and suffering that comes with loosing someone you care about in that way.

Just like the Leupold deniers, keep in mind that what's stated in a post or in a conversation sometimes conveys much more about a personality, character, and life experience than what was originally intended.
Oh I get it now that gives him a right to be a fugging dick since he has been threw hard times.Are you a heart bleeding liberal ?.NEXT..

Last edited by coobie; 09/27/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Giving him license to be how he can be wasn't my intent at all. His posts say what they say about Larry just the same as yours say what they say about you. A lot on here seem to forget that when making an attempt to "go after" BS.

How does dragging a terrible tragedy a guy went through into these kinds of discussions in a mocking way put you or any of the others who do it regularly on any sort of moral high ground? If you don't like what he has to say or the way in which he says it, put him on ignore.

The point I was originally trying to make is that there's a lot of irony when guys try to call other guys out. Such as the common posts you get on these threads that can be distilled into something like this: I don't dial on scopes, I shoot game at 300 or less on the back 40, and I'd never be as hard on my equipment as you are; but . . . I find it hard to believe that guys who shoot long range and dial to do so, and who aren't as careful with their stuff I would be are having trouble with the same equipment that has worked for me in the way in which I use it and has so far met the more limited expectations I have of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things fhuqking funnier,than a cavalcade of Crying Karens whining in unison,with their High Pitched Nasal Whine and extolling their "victim" status...you "LUCKY" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Only Velvet Gloves and Controlled Environments for the Mail too. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,you gals REALLY are a "rugged" lot.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Giving him license to be how he can be wasn't my intent at all. His posts say what they say about Larry just the same as yours say what they say about you. A lot on here seem to forget that when making an attempt to "go after" BS.

How does dragging a terrible tragedy a guy went through into these kinds of discussions in a mocking way put you or any of the others who do it regularly on any sort of moral high ground? If you don't like what he hass ay in which he says it, put him on ignore.
Well said by a heart bleeding liberal such as yourself..If I went threw that BULLCHIT it would HUMBLE me.What do you say Mr.liberial?

Last edited by coobie; 09/28/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Internet bully^^^
😥

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sure thinking of me as a liberal makes it easier for you to dismiss my thoughts on the subject; however, I'm sorry for you that I have to report that no, I'm not a liberal. Further, to substantiate my statement, I'll point out that I'm not posting on the internet about how the bad man from AK made fun of me and hurt my feelings, therefore no one should read his posts, watch his videos, or listen to what he has to say. All of which even you'll have to admit, is something you'd hear those on the left say about people who exhibit even minimal ratiocination.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A decade or so back his posts were pretty normal.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s funny that what I assume is a bunch of adults get so bothered that some people don’t like your brand of scope…lol

Page 55 of 57 1 2 53 54 55 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (204guy, 257man, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 59 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,889
Posts18,497,940
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.