Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by SuperCub
At age 61, I can retire. All debts are paid including two newer vehicles. Don't owe a dime. Pension in place.

All sounds well, but I still like my job, don't hate getting up at 5am and am still in good health. I hesitate.

This is a sign your brain may be infected........you need to quit ASAP before it's too late!!! :^)

You may be right ....... Maybe next year.

Started looking for another bird dog for when I do retire. The last Pudelpointer cost me $1500CDN, 7 yrs ago. Current pricing is as much as $2700US which is over $3400 my money plus shipping from Alberta. <WOW!>

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Do anything that makes you happy, anything you find fun to do.

Anything, Everything!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was kind of thrust into retirement 5-7 years early than planned. Etta's early onset dementia required that I be home to help her. It was a huge hit financially. Had I worked another 5-7 years it would have meant a far more comfortable lifestyle. Having said that, I will say I don't regret one minute of it. Being home with her has been a blessing. I have my sawmill and can generate a little extra income from it without being away from her and she seems to have lost all the fear she had when I had to be gone two weeks at a time. The time I'm spending with her now is far more valuable than a well bolstered retirement account.

Honestly I don't know how I found time to work before. I have more stuff going on than I can get to sometimes. Sawmill orders, her appointments, we put a metal roof on the house this summer, (that was a big job), building an extension on the garage, gardening, hunting, fishing, working at the church. Whew! Can hardly catch a free day to go to the range.

You'll find plenty of stuff to fill your time.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JeffA
Greg,

A lots been said here, it shows how different we all are.

Bits and pieces of it suits me, the bulk of it does not.

I comfortably retired at 43, that was over 20 years ago, I'm a pro at it.
I went back and read your posts here on the Fire, specifically the threads you created to see if there was anything in my background that may interest you.

It left me wondering if you've created this thread just to generate healthy, constructive conversation.

Your interest in firearms and building knives alone could keep a guy pretty occupied.

You have a gorgeous home with way to big of a front yard if that's your place in your "show me your snow pics".

Your family is nearby, you repair their cars, your a man of many talents.
You've only been West of the Mississippi once?
Good gawd man, you've not even scratched the surface of the things to see and do that are within easy reach of you.

Your posts reveal a man with a great sense of humor that many would enjoy having along with their crowd.

Travel is important for me, always has been.

When I first retired I grabbed my camera gear and headed to the Eveglades for a couple of weeks in attempt of avoiding some cold grinding Northwest weather, it took three months to get home.

It was Spring when I did, piddled around the house for a week then pack up and went to Alaska, planned on spending the summer touring about. I just wanted to see why people talked the state up so much.
Four years passed before I saw my home in Montana again.

Be spontaneous, make your retirement an adventure.
Go places and do things that make your kids worry about you.

Don't hang around with old people and never stop creating memories.

That's all I have to add, best wishes, have fun.

Awesome post! Many thanks for the time and effort. I’m 48, so getting a late start. I’m planning to get on my Harley Monday morning and head for the gulf coast. After the first day, I can say I highly recommend retirement.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Anaconda, 10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.