Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
One thing funny, are people thinking they have more right to travel at their desired speed than a commercial vehicle does at its. If not in a restricted lane, FO, you should have planned better (semi-sarcasm).

This community service announcement brought to you by a trucker, if you got it, a truck brought it. LOL

I don't think anyone is complaining about the speed of most 18 wheelers per se....it is them not allowing you to pass or taking up a mile long passing lane while passing one of their own, and not allowing anyone else to.

Just a thought.
Somebody is gonna pass. Someone will get to choose who.
You expect the trucker to choose you?
Why?
You are pissed off you had to slow down for him.

But he should loose time for you?

If he gets past that truck, he has a decent chance to maintain
good speed for miles.

Get stuck behind him in rolling terrain?
He might slow down going up every hill for miles. Following.

You slow down once.
For a mile?
Re-engage cruise and it's over.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This may make me some enemies on this site, but it is what it is.

I absolutely despise 1 ton pickups with 30 foot travel trailers and boats tripled up behind that, usually going 10 MPH under on 2 lane roads. Doubly so on dirt roads kicking up a mile of dust or pavement when it is raining or snowing, kicking up a rooster tail and making it impossible to see around to pass. They're worse than 18 wheelers, and at least 18 wheelers serve a purpose.

I'd honestly rather have a female Asian in a Prius in front of me.

Why would anyone hate you for that?

I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not Jimbo.....but I know a lot of folks on this site like to drag their 30 foot travel trailers and boats tripled up, and something tells me they usually are going 10 miles below the speed limit.

I guess you are right.

I try not to hate them....but it's difficult not too.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

I absolutely despise 1 ton pickups with 30 foot travel trailers and boats tripled up behind that, usually going 10 MPH under on 2 lane roads. Doubly so on dirt roads kicking up a mile of dust or pavement when it is raining or snowing, kicking up a rooster tail and making it impossible to see around to pass. They're worse than 18 wheelers, and at least 18 wheelers serve a purpose.

I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not Jimbo.....but I know a lot of folks on this site like to drag their 30 foot travel trailers and boats tripled up, and something tells me they usually are going 10 miles below the speed limit.

I guess you are right.

I just imagine that those people have a bunch of kids and a short window for vacation fun.

They do what they can...in a short amount of time.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The fact that they have enough spare time to go fuuck off is enough to upset me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
One thing funny, are people thinking they have more right to travel at their desired speed than a commercial vehicle does at its. If not in a restricted lane, FO, you should have planned better (semi-sarcasm).

This community service announcement brought to you by a trucker, if you got it, a truck brought it. LOL

I don't think anyone is complaining about the speed of most 18 wheelers per se....it is them not allowing you to pass or taking up a mile long passing lane while passing one of their own, and not allowing anyone else to.

Just a thought.
Why?

good speed for miles.

You slow down once.
For a mile?

Correct, but it is either let the line of regular non commercial cars normally capable of much faster speeds pass, or just the one other 18 wheeler pass. If he gets past that other truck then he may maintain what most other's consider a "good" speed for miles, but usually not though, IME. I also don't normally only have to slow down for them once and then re-engage cruise....I get to do it many, many times until a long enough stretch of passing lane becomes available and it is most especially frustrating going uphill. Most roads around here aren't on flat or straight stretches. Sometimes I get to wait 10 or so miles before what I consider a safe chance to pass and they rarely pull off on the big pullouts it seems to let us all pass.

If they're first in line they have the right of way...I am not arguing that...but it can be such a pain in the ass to pass them for various reasons that I generally get grumpy when I come upon one (both 18 wheelers and the tripled up RVers). Just because they're legally there doesn't mean I don't despise coming upon them. The 18 wheelers do make the world go round so I generally do have more patience with them.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I guess you are right.

I just imagine that those people have a bunch of kids and a short window for vacation fun.

They do what they can...in a short amount of time.

That may be, but they could also let the lines of cars past that stack up behind them. On dirt roads and on pavement when it is raining/snowing, they often don't know that line is back there because of the rooster tail their 10-12 tires and extra heavy vehicle weight are kicking up, and we have to stay way the hell back just to be able to safely see the road.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The fact that they have enough spare time to go fuuck off is enough to upset me.

Hahahaha!

Yeah....it's hard to not be resentful as you watch them drive down the road while you fix fence or something.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Nestucca
A lot of guys here don't understand what you are saying. Unless they have actually been on that road before. BTDT.
BSA I am pulling a 24’ sled at 65 mph and they slingshot me a the end of the passing lane and dog the brakes. I weigh around 14,000 lbs am tired at the end of the day and just want to get home. Let’s just say they will never drive that section of road as fast as they do with me on their ass shoving them through the corners again. I-84 is terrible as well as I-5 after the longshoreman pissed off the shipping companies off several year’s ago there is convoys of Dot Indians and fresh off the boat Russians in semi’s nose to tail and one has to take 5 plus miles to pass the others especially east of the Dalles.

You've been on a lot of the road I have buddy. I hear you. My buddy lives near you.. Actually nestucca bend..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Hahahaha!

Yeah....it's hard to not be resentful as you watch them drive down the road while you fix fence or something.

Can't blame 'em.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Just a thought.
Why?

good speed for miles.

You slow down once.
For a mile?

Correct, but it is either let the line of regular non commercial cars normally capable of much faster speeds pass, or just the one other 18 wheeler pass. If he gets past that other truck he may maintain what most other's consider a "good" speed for miles, but usually not though, IME. I also don't normally only have to slow down for them once....I get to do it many times until a long enough stretch of passing lane becomes available and it is most especially frustrating going uphill. Most roads around here aren't on flat or straight stretches. Sometimes I get to wait 10 or so miles before what I consider a safe chance to pass and they rarely pull off on the big pullouts it seems to let us all pass.

If they're first in line they have the right of way...I am not arguing that...but it can be such a pain in the ass to pass them for various reasons that I generally get grumpy when I come upon one (both 18 wheelers and the tripled up RVers). The 18 wheelers do make the world go round so I generally do have more patience with them.

It's much more highly varied than we have time here to explore....All the reasons and scenarios.

Often, if the coockksucker being passed, and he's experienced enough to know, he can back off for ten fuuckkng seconds and everyone wins. Saying anybody's time is more valuable than anyone else's is bullchit. You should have left earlier (that's the kind of stuff truckers are told regarding time and traffic and destinations, reality check, it counts for you too).

Say two trucks are both set for max cruise at 68 mph. Guy 2 catches up with Guy one over the course of several minutes, you wouldn't know cause you are just getting on scene, one because he has a slightly faster 68, a bit more power, and possibly can coast downhill significantly faster than guy 1 even if guy 1 might climb faster. Point being Guy 2 has caught up with guy 1. Guy 1 needs to back off if Guy 2 is passing and there is backup. Guy 2 absofuuckinglutely needs to take any reasonable opportunity to pass guy 1. Sorry your 150 mile day was extended a few minutes, you should have left earlier and been ahead us... LOL Don't for a second believe precious little rigs are all who suffer. Truckers are constantly getting fuucked by other trucks, be they [bleep], dumbasses or newbies along with a full assortment of jackwads in little rigs who are often acting like entitled kuunts. I run roughly 3700-4200 miles in 6-8 days. I see a lot of this stuff and it ain’t always some trucker trying to fuuck everyone. Cumbaya. Of course familiarity with area matters. Get around them, new big hill, loose it, repeat, poor bastids in the little cars.

First day of trucking school: when you are going forward it does not matter what is going on behind you, what is in front matters. LOL.

Recently, I was stuck behind a coockksucker in a chitty little motor home going 49 F'ing miles per hour in a flat straight 65 mph construction zone for all of 13 miles. Soon, payback for any fuucker in a chitty motor home... JK But, that SOB probably cost me a half mile, only 721 today, should have been 721.5, and that SOB cost me a minute at home too. Chit. Too tired to bother calculating. It just pisses me off when the little people get in the way like that. I should have left earlier.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/02/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lucky here, 95% of my highway miles are via F350 at +70mph.

And it's flat and mostly straight, easy to pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's much more highly varied than we have time here to explore....All the reasons and scenarios.

Often, if the coockksucker being passed, and he's experienced enough to know, he can back off for ten fuuckkng seconds and everyone wins. Saying anybody's time is more valuable than anyone else's is bullchit. You should have left earlier (that's the kind of stuff truckers are told regarding time and traffic and destinations, reality check, it counts for you too).

Say two trucks are both set for max cruise at 68 mph. Guy 2 catches up with Guy one over the course of several minutes, you wouldn't know cause you are just getting on scene, one because he has a slightly faster 68, a bit more power, and possibly can coast downhill significantly faster than guy 1. Point being Guy 2 has caught up with guy 1. Guy 1 needs to back off if Guy 2 is passing and there is backup. Guy 2 absofuuckinglutely needs to take any reasonable opportunity to pass guy 1. Sorry your 150 mile day was extended a few minutes, you should have left earlier and been ahead us... LOL Don't for a second believe precious little rigs are all who suffer. Truckers are constantly getting fuucked by other trucks, be they [bleep], dumbasses or newbies along with a full assortment of jackwads in little rigs who are often acting like entitled kuunts. I run roughly 3700-4200 miles in 6-8 days. I see a lot of this stuff and it ain’t always some trucker trying to fuuck everyone. Cumbaya.

Today I was stuck behind a coockksucker in a chitty little motor home going 49 F'ing miles per hour in a 65 construction zone for 13 miles. Tomorrow, payback for any fuucker in a chitty motor home... JK But that SOB probably cost me a half mile, only 721 today, should have been 721.5, and that SOB cost me a minute at home too. Chit. Too tired to bother calculating. It just pisses me off when the little people get in the way.

You seem to assume I am always in a hurry and should have left earlier or planned better. That is almost always incorrect.

I just don't like going slow or eating some big rig's dust. You're absolutely right though that motorhomes and even small cars pull the same stunts. I don't like them either but they're usually easier to get around, especially the cars.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Heading to the lake.

GFY!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Say two trucks are both set for max cruise at 68 mph. Guy 2 catches up with Guy one over the course of several minutes, you wouldn't know cause you are just getting on scene, one because he has a slightly faster 68, a bit more power, and possibly can coast downhill significantly faster than guy 1. Point being Guy 2 has caught up with guy 1. Guy 1 needs to back off if Guy 2 is passing and there is backup. Guy 2 absofuuckinglutely needs to take any reasonable opportunity to pass guy 1. Sorry your 150 mile day was extended a few minutes, you should have left earlier and been ahead us... LOL Don't for a second believe precious little rigs are all who suffer. Truckers are constantly getting fuucked by other trucks, be they [bleep], dumbasses or newbies along with a full assortment of jackwads in little rigs who are often acting like entitled kuunts. I run roughly 3700-4200 miles in 6-8 days. I see a lot of this stuff and it ain’t always some trucker trying to fuuck everyone. Cumbaya.

Today I was stuck behind a coockksucker in a chitty little motor home going 49 F'ing miles per hour in a 65 construction zone for 13 miles. Tomorrow, payback for any fuucker in a chitty motor home... JK But that SOB probably cost me a half mile, only 721 today, should have been 721.5, and that SOB cost me a minute at home too. Chit. Too tired to bother calculating. It just pisses me off when the little people get in the way.

You seem to assume I am always in a hurry and should have left earlier or planned better. That is almost always incorrect.

I just don't like going slow or eating some big rig's dust. You're absolutely right though that motorhomes and even small cars pull the same stunts. I don't like them either but they're usually easier to get around, especially the cars.

No, ultimately, what I am saying is that it isn't a stunt, just the reality of big rigs that you don't seem to understand.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just don't be "that" guy please.

Have fun!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Heading to the lake.

GFY!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL

Those guys out having fun piss me off! Lol

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, ultimately, what I am saying is that it isn't a stunt, just the reality of big rigs that you don't seem to understand.

I fully understand it is the reality of big rigs and why I have specifically said I have more patience with them. I have driven plenty of big trucks. That doesn't make it any less frustrating when a line of cars stacks up behind them for miles.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just don't be "that" guy please.

Have fun!

That guy? You mean the one by himself in the F250 sipping dessert coffee that wants to "set and forget" his cruise control like it's a damned Leupold? 😁

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

That guy? You mean the one by himself in the F250 sipping dessert coffee that wants to "set and forget" his cruise control like it's a damned Leupold? 😁

Jim Conrad?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If those fuuckin Amish don't want to buy cars they should have to walk and keep those damn horse buggies the fuuck off the roads. As far as motorized vehicles, 95% of the ass holes on the road will be driving a pickup. Somebody riding your back bumper when you're already doing 5-10 mph over the speed limit ? Yep, it's an ass hole in a pickup. Somebody pulls out in front of you like they're running from the devil, then proceeds to go 20 mph under the speed limit ? What a surprise, it's another ass hole in a pickup !

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,966 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,955
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.