Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by ldholton
Now we're getting the super truckers versus people that wish they had a CDL this is getting hilarious.

What are you talking about? Maybe I am getting tired but this seems nonsensical. Says the guy with unfulfilled career aspirations that currently drives truck to make ends meet....

Lmao maybe the guy that actually owns heavy equipment and moves it himself and actually does Farm stuff with semi times. Kind of the in-between the guy with some common sense not the Super Trucker that's a f****** dumbass nor the guy that knows nothing about it truck. Not picking on you personally you've actually seemed like a pretty decent guy from the other stuff I read through the forms

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Now we're getting the super truckers versus people that wish they had a CDL this is getting hilarious.

What are you talking about? Maybe I am getting tired but this seems nonsensical. Says the guy with unfulfilled career aspirations that currently drives truck to make ends meet....

Lmao maybe the guy that actually owns heavy equipment and moves it himself and actually does Farm stuff with semi times. Kind of the in-between the guy with some common sense not the Super Trucker that's a f****** dumbass nor the guy that knows nothing about it truck. Not picking on you personally you've actually seemed like a pretty decent guy from the other stuff I read through the forms

Huhh? I'll try to explain. You have been going off on truckers in general supposedly, or it seems to me you have, like they're messing with you by continuing trying to make a pass. Right? Like they see you back there and don't give a chit.

It's great if you think so, it's a gripe thread and all.

Some drivers are no doubt mistaken in their driving actions, absolutely. Just there's a bunch more involved than that, with 2-3 million trucks, truckers, loads, and millions of miles of different roads... The answer is not to always back off to let YOU go by... Got places to go and people to see just like you. There's all sorts of scenarios. That is my input. A lot of times folks on short trips, have a short trip mentality. Minutes count to us all. That guy passing could have been stuck behind the other for 20 minutes or 50 miles before you were even there etc... Or maybe it's his first big trip and he's screwing up. Hard to say everytime. That's my input. Understandable not everyone is going to be happy all the time.

Oh, LOL, a particular number of horsepower means absolutely nothing because it is not a variable under control. Doesn't matter, it is what it is and there's not a damned thing I can do about it. The owner of the company buys several million dollars worth of trucks and trailers a year. In long haul OTR reefer trucking, as in the sector I work, hp is but one variable. They didn't derate these. He has other sectors it may be more profitable to run higher horsepower, MT to AK, oil fields, flat bed, heavy haul... To me, I was assigned truck XX, take it or leave it. I'm not a motorhead, just do this for a decent paycheck. Sure, could use more power, but want doesn't mean I am going to get it, I've asked, and assigning a number to it, well, there's just not a single fuuck I give.. I don't care about chit that I have no influence on. I need to know how far between fuelings, how to fairly accurately estimate time get places to avoid late fees, how to keep it on the road, how to pass (lol). My trips are generally about 2000 miles one way with a metric ass ton of possible complications, or not as I prefer. Honestly, besides avoiding 911, it's mostly an endurance game, not motorhead stuff at all. Throw some washer fluid in each trip is all these need. I have plenty of concerns at work besides my boss' truck's hp. So if, "fuuck if I know" , doesn't satisfy Sam's question to your satisfaction, it doesn't matter to me one iota because that is not what I focus on, nor is what you do for that matter, by your description, anything similar to what I do. You dig?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/03/21. Reason: Sigh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
N
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Often, if the coockksucker being passed, and he's experienced enough to know, he can back off for ten fuuckkng seconds and everyone wins. Saying anybody's time is more valuable than anyone else's is bullchit
That’s what I was referring to

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Often, if the coockksucker being passed, and he's experienced enough to know, he can back off for ten fuuckkng seconds and everyone wins. Saying anybody's time is more valuable than anyone else's is bullchit
That’s what I was referring to

LOL

Rephrased.

In the scenario of a big rig taking a long time to pass another, often, when an experienced and curtious driver is being overtaken he will back off just a little to to let his fellow trucker pass more quickly, which will also benefit the rest of the traveling public. All motorist's time is equally important. Sigh.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Huhh? I'll try to explain. You have been going off on truckers in general supposedly, or it seems to me you have, like they're messing with you by continuing trying to make a pass. Right? Like they see you back there and don't give a chit.

Some drivers are no doubt mistaken in their driving actions, absolutely. Just there's a bunch more involved than that, with 2-3 million trucks, truckers, loads, and millions of miles of different roads... The answer is not to always back off to let YOU go by... Got places to go and people to see just like you. There's all sorts of scenarios. That is my input. A lot of times folks on short trips, have a short trip mentality. Minutes count to us all. That guy passing could have been stuck behind the other for 20 minutes or 50 miles before you were even there etc... Or maybe it's his first big trip and he's screwing up. Hard to say everytime. That's my input. Understandable not everyone is going to be happy all the time.

Oh, LOL, a particular number of horsepower means absolutely nothing because it is not a variable under control. Doesn't matter, it is what it is and there's not a damned thing I can do about it. The owner of the company buys several million dollars worth of trucks and trailers a year. In long haul OTR reefer trucking, as in the sector I work, hp is but one variable. They didn't derate these. He has other sectors it may be more profitable to run higher horsepower, MT to AK, oil fields, flat bed, heavy haul... To me, I was assigned truck XX, take it or leave it. I'm not a motorhead, just do this for a decent paycheck. Sure, could use more power, but want doesn't mean I am going to get it, I've asked, and assigning a number to it, well, there's just not a single fuuck I give.. I don't care about chit that I have no influence on. I need to know how far between fuelings, how to fairly accurately estimate time get places to avoid late fees, how to keep it on the road, how to pass (lol). My trips are generally about 2000 miles one way with a metric ass ton of possible complications, or not as I prefer. Honestly, besides avoiding 911, it's mostly an endurance game, not motorhead stuff at all. Throw some washer fluid in each trip is all these need. I have plenty of concerns at work besides my boss' truck's hp. So if, "fuuck if I know" , doesn't satisfy Sam's question to your satisfaction, it doesn't matter to me one iota because that is not what I focus on, nor is what you do for that matter, by your description, anything similar to what I do. You dig?

I've not been going off on truckers..

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Prius raises my blood pressure 20 points as soon as I see the SOBs

Why?

For those of you who hate certain makes / models of vehicle, have you considered the possibility that you have a mental illness?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
How many hp is your semi tractor?

Damned few. Horribly gutless. LOL I honestly don't know but anemic describes it. 350ish... Loaded I get about 8mpg... That's what seems to matter in this market. I have time to get there and a few extra hours.

Insurance agreement has us at 65 on the peddle and 68 cruise. Heavy I can downhill faster and they don't mind. Some companies do, and will fire a guy for hitting 80 even for a second, or get written up at 75... That's how it was the first couple of years for me. Truck sending messages to the boss. Theres many trucks on the intetstate set at 63, 65, and 68 is common. I loved 75 with another company and zero extra electronics but an kuuntboss. This company I'm at also doesn't bug me constantly, lets me pick my route, and get fuel as I please.

All sorts of stuff folks are not aware of. Satellite controlled shift points on some rigs per the terrain. Cruise control that drops off as you crest a hill - as you will speed back up with no extra fuel... All that plays into the passing crap. Even on cruise I have to floor it a lot to get the miles I do. Manipulate the cruise and Jake constantly in varied terrain. Different than a manual rig for sure. Minimal bs on this truck. Next one will have more, auto braking, adaptive cruise., roll stability auto braking. BS I don't like. Fuucking buzzers and beepers and bullchit. Too much and I will go elsewhere. So many others are worse though and nitpicking too. Trucking sucks, but not as bad as suckkng black cock at Pilot like Rugertard4Life does. Poor bastid can hardly talk he's so stretched out.

other than rugers truck stop sex life.....that was good info.......bob

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Subaru. Voted most likely to impede flow of traffic.
That's my vote.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Or something like this.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The owner is either a Black, a Mexican or a Spigger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boomer,
350hp? With an automatic? For long haul? In 2020!

Started the game with 300 Macks and Cummins, 318 Detroit.
350 was a hoss. In the 80's. For a company truck.

Went over the road running 315 Cummins in 55mph recorded/62mph governed trucks.

People who haven't lived the job can't possibly understand the job.

How about running the max allowed speed, on a flat road.
You catch a slow car. As you pass, he speeds up. You can gain 5mph,
For a limited time. He pulls ahead. The slows down.
Over, and over.
I found a way to deal with that.
It worked. But....

Thing is, that car driver doesn't even know he is doing it most times.
And he wonders why you don't just go around him.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JPro
This crap.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like my truck rollin' back from the beaver pond. grin

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Is beaver pond a new name for strip clubs. Lol. Edk

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Boomer,
350hp?

And he wonders why you don't just go around him.

Available 350-605 hp. Ours is a fixed use. We don't go heavy haul this week, reefer next, . Loads are 42-45k max to keep under 80k gross. I think it is a 13L mofo and guessing 350. But, it Shirely matters not for reasons mentioned. There's damned little chrome, no stacks, and the Jake is easily reached, very effective and not real loud. It's under 13'6", about 72' long combined, doesn't use or leak any fluids, has a 12 speed, which also doesn't really matter. The horror.

The last sentence is golden. Absolutely true. Damned truckers should just speed up!

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/03/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh for phucqk's sake....

LOL Yah, it was T going off on truckers not you, sorry. LOL

I was wondering what the heck happened to T's intelligent postings that turned into near incomprehendable late night babel. All makes sense now. I'll keep it simple. Never claimed ST status nor ever will. It's a job, nothing more. Only numbers that matter, matter, nothing more. I like Missouri...

So, you were apparently just going off on me. Sigh, I am but a simple truckologist.... That'd been a time saver had I clued it... GFY in Campfire fashion.

I've not been going off on truckers..

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by T_Inman
[quote=T_Inman]Just don't be "that" guy please.

Have fun!

That guy? You mean the one by himself in the F250 sipping dessert coffee that wants to "set and forget" his cruise control like it's a damned Leupold? 😁

Sorry, that was meant for WYCoyote.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

LOL Yah, it was T going off on truckers not you, sorry. LOL

I originally was going off on tripled up RVers, but kind of went off on a tangent when others brought truckers into the equation.
I wouldn't say I have been going off on them (truckers, that is) as I have repeatedly mentioned that I understand their importance and that they're not the only ones seemingly going out of their way to be difficult to pass:

You're absolutely right though that motorhomes and even small cars pull the same stunts. I don't like them either but they're usually easier to get around, especially the cars.

If they're first in line they have the right of way...I am not arguing that...

The 18 wheelers do make the world go round so I generally do have more patience with them.

They're worse than 18 wheelers, and at least 18 wheelers serve a purpose.

This thread was about despised vehicles...not necessarily vehicles or drivers that I believe shouldn't be allowed on the road. I hope I haven't given that impression.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I seen an old, fat toothless woman on the news one night

She says “ifn u bought it-a truck brought it”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
I seen an old, fat toothless woman on the news one night

She says “ifn u bought it-a truck brought it”

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

[quote=T_Inman]Just don't be "that" guy please.

Have fun!

That guy? You mean the one by himself in the F250 sipping dessert coffee that wants to "set and forget" his cruise control like it's a damned Leupold? 😁

Sorry, that was meant for WYCoyote.

It's all fine, fun and good....

I thought my cruuse control set and forget line was the highlight of my entire week's contribution...

Also, only 50,300 miles since 7 June. I took a few days off.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Does this guy fit into the douche nozzle spectrum?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (007FJ, 19rabbit52, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.