Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
when I totaled my 2010 PU I have been looking for another of about the same year, The new auto dealers will not sell you one. they sell all their trade-ins to wholesellers , that sell them in auctions or whatever else they do with them,,, but not sold on their lot.. I am too old to use up a new truck. and no one wants my leftover.. there are some available ,but by the time they are road worthy I would have the cost of a new truck in them...so what are you all that are in my place doing...?

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I stopped driving my existing truck into trees.

YMMV

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by deflave
I stopped driving my existing truck into trees.

YMMV

Sage advice here!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Buy a new one and enjoy life.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If thereā€™s money to be made a dealer isnā€™t going to wholesale anything unless itā€™s too old, likely ten years because they donā€™t want the headache of mechanical issues. Buy from private sellers

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
If thereā€™s money to be made a dealer isnā€™t going to wholesale anything unless itā€™s too old, likely ten years because they donā€™t want the headache of mechanical issues. Buy from private sellers

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Exactly. Dealers will sell most vehicles to max their profits.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hubert
The new auto dealers will not sell you one. they sell all their trade-ins to wholesellers , that sell them in auctions or whatever else they do with them,,, but not sold on their lot..

So, uh, whaddya think the guys that buy 'em at the auction do with 'em? wink

Asking for a friend.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm shopping as well. $$$$$$$$$

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not necessarily true. Dealer Inventory management has become a science. We can almost exactly pinpoint the likelihood of a vehicle selling before floor planning costs eat into profit - down to exterior color. Brown cars sell slowest, if you're curious. We call 'em "stay around brown." shocked

Also, a Buick dealer, for instance, will most likely turn and burn a Chrysler at auction. And vice versa.

So, remember folks, no one wants your brown car.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen

Not necessarily true. Dealer Inventory management has become a science. We can almost exactly pinpoint the likelihood of a vehicle selling before floor planning costs eat into profit - down to exterior color. Brown cars sell slowest, if you're curious. We call 'em "stay around brown." shocked

Also, a Buick dealer, for instance, will most likely turn and burn a Chrysler at auction. And vice versa.

So if thereā€™s money to be made they keep it.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My brother just bought a truck from a dealer who is selling used vehicles under book. No negotiations, this is the price type deal. Brother's lender even agreed it was a good price. Dealer would rather have your long term business than screw you over. Rare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
My brother just bought a truck from a dealer who is selling used vehicles under book. No negotiations, this is the price type deal. Brother's lender even agreed it was a good price. Dealer would rather have your long term business than screw you over. Rare.

My 2020 4Runner books for over 10k what I bought it for new and now it has 20k miles. Under book doesnā€™t mean a lot IMO. Not in todays market.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hahah, yeah. laugh

But there's so much more that goes into it. I may be able to make, say a $4k gross profit on a Tahoe if I retail it. But the analytics tell me I'll likely have to keep it for 90 days, pay floor plan interest on it, lot upkeep, certification and reconditioning costs and commissions when it's sold. Or, run it through the auction, make $1k, and free up cash.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The new and used car market is completely fugked right now.

That's what happens when you shut production down for 12 months.

Thank a COVTARD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hahah, yeah. laugh

But there's so much more that goes into it. I may be able to make, say a $4k gross profit on a Tahoe if I retail it. But the analytics tell me I'll likely have to keep it for 90 days, pay floor plan interest on it, lot upkeep, certification and reconditioning costs and commissions when it's sold. Or, run it through the auction, make $1k, and free up cash.

I understand. šŸ‘

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
The new and used car market is completely fugked right now.

That's what happens when you shut production down for 12 months.

Thank a COVTARD.

Nowā€™s not the time to buy, but itā€™s probably going to get worser and worser.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I ordered a new F150 months ago and it's been delayed 5 different times. It's build date was 8/9 but I'm guessing it's been parked somewhere waiting for chips. The system just finally moved it from in production to build and preparing to ship. Hopefully I'll have it soon. The kids are tired of me taking them to school in my old 94 2 door yukon I usually just hunt in. Those rear seat belts in the older vehicles weren't made to actually be used.

Bb

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 25 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,045
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.