* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700 
* Money the family spent: $38,200 
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500 
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $192,710 
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got It ???

This is a real literal description, in case there is still someone that doesn’t get it.

OK, now Lesson # 2: 

Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do ...
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice is coming in November 2022. They all need to go……..let’s pump out the crap that’s ruining our house

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
If only there wasn't that pesky pandemic giving good reasons to spend to prevent people from going bankrupt. Why don't you look at the last President's budget and compare. His last one was 3 Trillion in the red, for a total of 7.8 Trillion during his tenure.

As to sewers backing up, I experienced this way back in my university days. My wife and I came home to our below ground apartment one day to find the bathtub with about a foot and a half of nasty stanky sewage in it. We contacted the landlord, and he informed us they were working on it already but it was caused by Willow roots and would take some time. We closed the bathroom door and opened the windows. The young guys next door didn't have a bathtub, just a shower. Use your imagination.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
If only there wasn't that pesky pandemic giving good reasons to spend to prevent people from going bankrupt. Why don't you look at the last President's budget and compare. His last one was 3 Trillion in the red, for a total of 7.8 Trillion during his tenure.

As to sewers backing up, I experienced this way back in my university days. My wife and I came home to our below ground apartment one day to find the bathtub with about a foot and a half of nasty stanky sewage in it. We contacted the landlord, and he informed us they were working on it already but it was caused by Willow roots and would take some time. We closed the bathroom door and opened the windows. The young guys next door didn't have a bathtub, just a shower. Use your imagination.

Retard alert.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
One big difference is that under Trump the economy was improving-unemployment was down-gas prices were a lot lower and misc other things. The border was under control and China was taking lessons. Edk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well stated Flagstaff!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Any sane person would take the Trump economy over the Biden economy any day.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
[b][/b]

How many African Canadians live on Vancouver Island? Zero

Here's som e prior wisdom from a Canadian white supremacist like you

"like the BLM protests - there were some very fine people who's message was tainted by a small number of extremists. Like the BLM protests, there will be people on the 'other side' who will think the whole thing was evil."

Last edited by ribka; 10/03/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 673

Retard alert.

Mike R is a racist and chose to avoid living next to dirty black folk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Any sane person would take the Trump economy over the Biden economy any day.

[bleep] - A.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Got this forwarded to me but it might help explain things:

Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000 
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000 
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000 
* National debt: $19,271,000,000,000 
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700 
* Money the family spent: $38,200 
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500 
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $192,710 
* Total budget cuts so far: $385
Got It ???

This is a real literal description, in case there is still someone that doesn’t get it.

OK, now Lesson # 2: 

Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do ...
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice is coming in November 2022. They all need to go……..let’s pump out the crap that’s ruining our house

At what point does it make practical and economic sense to burn down the shît-filled house and start over?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

...................Basic econ 101 is not one of your specialties. Ok Mike Reilly. A few facts for ya.

From where does the US federal govt get its revenue? FROM THE US TAX PAYERS....Well under the Trump presidency there Mr. Oh Can-naaaah-daa, there were more people working and therefore MORE taxpayers were in the workforce as a percentage of the US population than ever before in American history. Therefore more revenue to the US federal govt. During Trump's presidency a higher percentage of blacks, hispanics, Asians, women, whites, were in the work force more than ever before in US history. And another factoid for ya there Mr. OH CAN-NAAAAH-DAAA. The US congress controls the purse strings NOT the POTUS.

Had the pandemic not occurred, the $7.8 trillion budget figure under the Trump presidency would have been substantially reduced.

So if you wanna bitch about the Trump budget, well then bitch at CHINA where the virus started and from where its spread could have been greatly contained had China not LIED and IMMEDIATELY told the truth.

As to your useless diatribe starting with "As to sewers backing up?" From your university days uh? FIGURES!!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ERK
One big difference is that under Trump the economy was improving-unemployment was down-gas prices were a lot lower and misc other things. The border was under control and China was taking lessons. Edk

And even Trump added 6 trillion to the deficit...as much as Obama in 8 years, if memory serves.

Tarquin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
the only thing libtards care about is killing babies, chopping their c o c k s off, dressing up as women and taking it in the end hole ... to them that is real freedom

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

All of which is fine, but presumes not voting liberal would avoid the inevitable monetary collapse caused by rampant deficit spending.

The reality is that neither the Rs or the Ds in DC have proven able to keep the budget in check. Our choices:

a) Corrupt, talks a good game but spends like a drunken sailor anyway

b) Corrupt, spends like a drunken sailor, and wants you disarmed

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare alone are estimated to be $2.3 trillion in 2021.

Federal revenue for 2021 is estimated to be about $2.2 trillion, as stated in the first post.

There are 46 million retirees collecting SS and Medicare benefits. There are 330 million people in the USA. Every year, the percentage of retirees as part of the overall population increases.

See the problem?

Too many takers, not enough revenue generators. FDR and the Dems set the country on the road to financial collapse in 1934. It wasn't happening fast enough, so LBJ and the Democrats floored the gas pedal in 1965.

We're about to hit the wall.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
NOT ME, but many had rather have the current situation than having to listen to Trump......no kidding!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare alone are estimated to be $2.3 trillion in 2021.

Federal revenue for 2021 is estimated to be about $2.2 trillion, as stated in the first post.

There are 46 million retirees collecting SS and Medicare benefits. There are 330 million people in the USA. Every year, the percentage of retirees as part of the overall population increases.

See the problem?

Too many takers, not enough revenue generators. FDR and the Dems set the country on the road to financial collapse in 1934. It wasn't happening fast enough, so LBJ and the Democrats floored the gas pedal in 1965.

We're about to hit the wall.

Good assessment. LBJ should be dug up and hung from a light pole in downtown D.C.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I believe the liberals are fully aware of this. I think the confusion about the debt ceiling is on the part of "Conservatives" in that they don't realize the raising of the debt ceiling is to pay for existing debt, ie $3 trillion tax cuts, not future expenditures.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Canada and the USA have both done the same, we have People freeloading meanwhile.......we cant fill worker positions because they get free shyte.

I axed a slack jaw hillbilly what the problem was and he said...there just ain't nobody paying taxes no more.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
I believe the liberals are fully aware of this. I think the confusion about the debt ceiling is on the part of "Conservatives" in that they don't realize the raising of the debt ceiling is to pay for existing debt, ie $3 trillion tax cuts, not future expenditures.

Stupid is your middle name, and you’ve put a bow on that statement this morning. Congrats!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.