Hop To
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by strikeu

Where are your bible quotes to back that up? You use the Bible to prove the Bible...unbelievable.

Just as Jesus did when he answered satan's temptations.....with scripture.

And just as we do with satans minions like strikeu.

Strikeu is so cool. Hes going to do what the Saddusees and Pharasees couldnt do. Hes going to overcome the Word. He has the powa. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You make me oh so happy.
Im so glad to "see",
I wont have to deal with you in eternity. grin

And people wonder why so many want nothing to do with organized religion.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DBT

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

Science begins with assumptions. For example, it assumes we exist. It goes on from there with other assumptions, but that example is sufficient. Therefore it is all based on a set of assumptions, and some scientists assumptions vary from others.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by goalie

You make me oh so happy.
Im so glad to "see",
I wont have to deal with you in eternity. grin

And people wonder why so many want nothing to do with organized religion.

Not wanting anything to do with organized religions is a far cry from denying God exists.

I don’t fault anyone that has a problem with “organized religions”. Religions are man’s invention, anything that “man” has created WILL be corrupted!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Originally Posted by DBT

It's not me who is scientifically illiterate. Your remark demonstrates the very thing you falsely accuse me of. A Hint: faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Science gathers and tests evidence. Two opposing principles. Faith allows multiple unsupported beliefs. Science must base its explanations on evidence, testing and review.

Widen your reading.

Science begins with assumptions. For example, it assumes we exist. It goes on from there with other assumptions, but that example is sufficient. Therefore it is all based on a set of assumptions, and some scientists assumptions vary from others.

Science begins with observations. That we exist can be observed experienced and tested.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by copperking81
Interesting that you aussies are so godless.

Perhaps we see the problems with religion and faith more clearly. Each theology claiming that their version is correct and all the others wrong....which must surely ring alarm bells?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Hastings
I plan on being raptured before the real bad stuff starts.
I'm afraid the tribulation has already started and the rapture idea is a fairly recent invention. If that's the ace your counting on I'm thinking it might be a good idea to check your hole card. As for time, what is time to a creator at the center of the universe? It now looks like the 7 day creation was eons. A 7 year tribulation could be and has been centuries. How much more and how bad is anyone's guess.

You have some very interesting and unsupported interpretations of scripture IMO. The rapture is supported by scripture, and I believe the Bible in it's entirety, period. God's wrath is explicitly for the non-believer, not the believer. I know that it hasn’t yet started because Scripture says that we will be with the Lord before the antichrist establishes a covenant with Israel that starts the clock ticking for this time of God’s wrath (Dan. 9:27; 2 Thess. 2:3-8)

I Thessalonians 4 (regarding the rapture of the church)
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

You're right about God's timing though, as it has nothing to do with ours.

2 Peter 3:8 New International Version
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Where does Penn State come into all of that?

Anxiously waiting a response.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm not the judge.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm not the judge.

You sure sounded like the judge about a week ago.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a PSU grad. I don't like what happened any more than anyone else. These kids that are there have nothing to do with what happened in the past. And as far as I'm concerned Joe got a bad rap. He was a good man and had his players in his heart. Others can think what they want.

It pains me to see the hate towards PSU these days.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yea, that's what I thought. Gooo PSU

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

Serious question….With respect….. why would you believe … or even be concerned that that is a biblical teaching?

I don’t believe children younger than their age of accountability “go anywhere but to the outstretched arms of Jesus.”
Once upon a time, there was a place called Limbo. That's where all the unbaptized dead babies went.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo#Modern_era

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

Serious question….With respect….. why would you believe … or even be concerned that that is a biblical teaching?

I don’t believe children younger than their age of accountability “go anywhere but to the outstretched arms of Jesus.”
Once upon a time, there was a place called Limbo. That's where all the unbaptized dead babies went.

No fugging way, Limbo my azz. Our lord is a forgiving being. He accepts us all at the time of our deaths.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by KFWA

God uses suffering to bring us closer to Him.

that will be the most messed up thing I will read all week.

That is because you think what is important is not important. You think pleasure is lifes goal.

Of coarse pleasure is life's goal.

That is why I wake up in the morning and stroke my wife's hair. That is why I grin and laugh when my grandkids walk in the door. That is why I have a boat and a couple dozen fishing poles and box upon box of tackle to share with kids and grandkids.

And that is why most go to church and pray to their chosen God, for the pleasure.

These things flood our brains with endorphins, which is the very definition of pleasure.

If you live in America today,, and are not enjoying Heaven right now on this Earth, you are doing something wrong.

Enjoy the pleasures life offers. There will not be another chance.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

It is good that God has evolved since that time? No?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

No fugging way, Limbo my azz. Our lord is a forgiving being. He accepts us all at the time of our deaths.
I'm not saying that I agree with it, just that it is/was Catholic teaching. I never understood it, either.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

It is good that God has evolved since that time? No?

You are saying that God evolved since the 1400s? No newer chapters in the bible for 1400 years by then. What evidence is there that God evolved then?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by strikeu

Where are your bible quotes to back that up? You use the Bible to prove the Bible...unbelievable.

Just as Jesus did when he answered satan's temptations.....with scripture.

So you're going to use the bible as a reference for using the bible to support the bible. In other words you have no independent evidence that can rationally explain your belief. It's like the Hindu woman who believed that the earth was a giant disk on the back of a cosmic turtle. When asked what the turtle was standing on, she said "Oh, it's turtles turtles turtles all the way down".

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Not knowing whether the universe is cyclic, a part of a greater system, a one off quantum fluctuation or something not yet understood, doesn't take faith.

You are scientifically illiterate if you think it does not take faith to believe in those alternatives. There is NO science which describes how physics(time,space,matter) was created. None.

"cyclic" - no science which supports a cycle.
"part of a greater system" and "one off quantum fluctuation" - that's just word bullshit showing you don't know what you are talking about

Widen your reading.

Science shows us proof events do not occur randomly and are based on intelligent design. Its the crutch so called intelligent people use to justify denying the value of faith.

Science does not show us evidence of intelligent design - quite the contrary.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No, he doesn't "accept everyone at the time of our deaths"

Matthew 7:13-14
New International Version
The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,291
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.