Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by savage24
Originally Posted by reivertom
I waited until recently to get the jab, and after talking to my doctor (who I've known and trusted for 25 years) , and seeing the effects of the bug on my family and friends, I made up my mind. My doctor said the vaccine isn't like what we imagine as a vaccine. It is really a pre-treatment to keep the effects of the bug at a minimum. In his practice, the patients that did not have the vaccine, did much worse with the Covid than the patients that had the vaccine. An acquaintance of mine died from it very fast, and his kids blamed themselves for introducing it into the house. This was one thing that changed my mind, also.

A long time friend and his wife both got Covid in August. He was vaccinated, but she was not. Both late 50’s, both had other health issues. He had a rough time with it but rode it out at home. He called me while he was sick and his wife had been in the hospital for 8 days. He said to me over the phone “if she makes it through this, maybe she won’t be against the vaccine anymore.” She died after a full month in the hospital.

No ivermectin zinc, quercetin vit D, C . Eating a healthy low carb diet ( very inexpensive) , exercising ( walking every day for at least 30 min) $20 in supplements and asking for cheap anti virals infusions and she would have lived. Sounds very easy to avoid but Americans are lazy and generally stupid

Heaert disease. stroke or cancer would have gotten her

Last edited by ribka; 10/06/21.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
my feeling is, unvaxxed it could have hurt you permanently. Still, it goes to show how imperfect the vax can be, but still be much better than nothing at all.

I agree. It would likely be much worse if you were unvaccinated. I have a friend who was a loud mouth anti-vaxxer until he contracted covid and nearly died. Now there isn't a person alive who supports the vaccine more than him.

^^^^^^
COVTARD

I crawled out of my coffin a few weeks ago and when I am pretty sure the shots aren't going to knock me over I am going in to get the Pfizer shot, and I really couldn't care less if anyone else has the shots or not...just don't care.

Does that make me a covtard too?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You had the tard bit sorted before the cov was a thing

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
You had the tard bit sorted before the cov was a thing

In good company then.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone on the Fire is a bit tarded.
Well, anyone that sticks around awhile.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just remember that when you feel like you are better and are no longer sick you should get tested frequently because you could be asymptomatic.

Also don’t go anywhere.

Ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Just remember that when you feel like you are better and are no longer sick you should get tested frequently because you could be asymptomatic.

Also don’t go anywhere.

Ever.

Don’t forget to drink your ovaltine..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wife got a text this morning that her colleague cashed in her chips. No vax, 50ish, about 350 on the hoof. Got it 2 weeks ago. Hospitalized a week and on a vent the past couple days.

Another one of her more elderly friends caught it. There was some worry that her [bleep] husband who has MS would get it as she’s basically his slave. She goes in the hospital for a month and a half...on a vent. Her miserable sonofabitch of a husband thinks she’s done for and has no one to be his bitch. So he takes his .38 snubbie and puts one in his ear. She “recovers” and comes home to a mess. Fast forward a few months; she’s on O2 pretty regularly and driving a new Cadillac. Wonder if the [bleep] was determined to be a Covid death?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CP
At this time, I am going to let the Pfizer vacs. fight the fight. I believe I was exposed to this bug when I was milling around at the hospital waiting on getting my booster shot. Outside of family, I just have not been around any other groups of people and the symptoms timing fits with my hospital visit.

What is the time gap between becoming contagious and onset of symptoms?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Wife got a text this morning that her colleague cashed in her chips. No vax, 50ish, about 350 on the hoof. Got it 2 weeks ago. Hospitalized a week and on a vent the past couple days.

Best eat your Wheaties if you wanna pull pallbearer detail.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by CP
I am staring at my 75th birthday, male, have asthma, don’t exercise a great deal and have type-A neg. blood. I completed the first two shot Pfizer series in early March and had the Booster 9 days ago. My wife and I don’t socialize with anyone outside of family and are seldom out amongst the public, except for getting groceries or gasoline. All in all, we live a very secluded lifestyle.

About 5-6 days ago I started to get a sore throat, a slight fever, fatigued and developed a whole lot of congestion. I must have have spit up 5 gallons of phlegm-really nasty crap. I went in Monday and got tested and sure enough I have the bug, which has been reconfirmed again today.

I have had worse colds than what I am experiencing to date with my case of COVID-19, and I believe it will be a short ride to get this thing behind me. I just wanted to pass on my experience with this damn bug and let you guys draw your own conclusions.

CP, Glad that you are on the mend. Best wishes for a full recovery. This is also my Covid story, except, I had it before the vaccine. Five days after I tested positive I was out mowing grass and doing yard work again. OTOH, my wife who got it at the same time, ended up with a 5 day stay in ICU. No vent. However, it is obvious that the bug affects different folks in different ways. One size does not fit all...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

LOL

That ain't gonna happen - this is a magnum cart detail all the way. I'm more worried about the leaf springs on the hearse.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Mark, if I picked it up at the hospital, about 36-48 hrs passed before I started to develop a sore throat.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

LOL

That ain't gonna happen - this is a magnum cart detail all the way. I'm more worried about the leaf springs on the hearse.

“HEEEAVE!!!! HEEEEAVE!!! HEEEAVE!!!!!”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CP
Mark, if I picked it up at the hospital, about 36-48 hrs passed before I started to develop a sore throat.

Montana doesn’t have hospitals.

They have death processing centers.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You are 300% more likely to catch Covid if you've had a vax within the past 2 weeks.

Where are you getting this information?
FDA study
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/i...ly-to-get-covid-insider-leaks-fda-study/

And here.........................CDC

https://twitter.com/Thomas1774Paine/status/1445837543182946304

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks, CP.
I returned a borrowed tool to a friend on Monday.
He informed me Tuesday night that he won't be able to attend his mother's funeral today, because his wife tested positive
on Tuesday morning. As she (the mother) was also a friend, I will be attending - no symptoms, yet, though.
Reason for question.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Another one of her more elderly friends caught it. There was some worry that her [bleep] husband who has MS would get it as she’s basically his slave. She goes in the hospital for a month and a half...on a vent. Her miserable sonofabitch of a husband thinks she’s done for and has no one to be his bitch. So he takes his .38 snubbie and puts one in his ear. She “recovers” and comes home to a mess. Fast forward a few months; she’s on O2 pretty regularly and driving a new Cadillac. Wonder if the [bleep] was determined to be a Covid death?

Was that her brother or cousin she was married to?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Going to the hospital with COVID-19 seems like a lonely way to die. I'd rather take my chances at home around my family instead of being isolated from them. With all the people that have supposedly tested positive, got sick or died from COVID-19 in the last two years, does it really make sense for someone who hasn't had COVID-19 to get the shot? For starters less than ONE percent of the population dies from COVID-19. If your fat or have more underlying health conditions than 99% of the people around you, COVID-19 might kill you. Seems to me some folks apparently have a lot better immune system than others, or at least more common sense.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My conclusion CP....you're a smart man for getting the vaccine. If you have Covid, it probably saved your life! Best wishes and continue to recover.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,573
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.