-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 106 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 105 106
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
its when you remind them how badly states like CA, Washington, Connecticut and NY etc are doing and they say "but my state isnt like that" and then you remind them the U in USA is supposed to stand for UNITED states of America.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
I'm getting a bit tired of Australians rubbishing our leaders on a US based forum. You mob are entitled to your opinions but if you want to impress the other people on this forum by bashing our country, I'd suggest you keep it in your pants.
This is, by the way supposed to be a Firearms forum, and if you don't like what our government is doing, how about you complain to them rather than airing your opinions here. Sure there have been mistakes made, but this virus is a new one for all of us. If you decided a vaccine wasn't for you then don't complain when you get Covid and can't breath any more. But if you want to be critical of how the Government, both State and Federal are handling it, write them a letter.

Spoken like a true Aussie government official.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The fact is, the Aussies willingly gave up their firearms years ago out of fear. This fact CANNOT be refuted, for there is documented, video evidence of it. “Down-Under” has gone down without a whimper.

It will be a bloodbath in the US before we voluntarily give up our right to bear arms.

We will die on our feet before we beg to live on our knees. Millions of Americans have this conviction

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
The fact is, the Aussies willingly gave up their firearms years ago out of fear. This fact CANNOT be refuted, for there is documented, video evidence of it. “Down-Under” has gone down without a whimper.

It will be a bloodbath in the US before we voluntarily give up our right to bear arms.

We will die on our feet before we beg to live on our knees. Millions of Americans have this conviction

No i think in your case you'll masturbate yourself to death. You seem to be well underway.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Childish, from a low-IQ Neanderthal that has no intellectual capacity to give a coherent response. You willingly surrendered your firearms, yes?

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Childish, from a low-IQ Neanderthal that has no intellectual capacity to give a coherent response. You willingly surrendered your firearms, yes?

You're not getting it. I don't give a flying fuck about what you say or think. You established yourself already as a complete wanker.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Always hit a sore spot when you talk to Aussies about the time when they became cowards and willingly gave up their firearms out of fear. They lose their damn minds when they are confronted with reality: they have no way to defend themselves because they fuc*ed up. I truly feel sorry for all the innocent women and children that will suffer because their men became vaginas

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So tell me oh resident fuckwit...why do I have firearms in my firearms safe?

And I also distinctly remember a number of America firearm buybacks...noticed you didn't make it on the news then when you went amok in retaliation, you know...bloodbath.

Oh wait...it was because you are full of shit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Always hit a sore spot when you talk to Aussies about the time when they became cowards and willingly gave up their firearms out of fear. They lose their damn minds when they are confronted with reality: they have no way to defend themselves because they fuc*ed up. I truly feel sorry for all the innocent women and children that will suffer because their men became vaginas

Maybe if your mother hadn't whored herself out while she was pregnant with you and you didn't sustain the brain damage that you so clearly did.

Well?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You seem determined to forget about the US based buybacks.

And you are still full of shit.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Maybe if your mother hadn't whored herself out while she was pregnant with you and you didn't sustain the brain damage that you so clearly did.

Shame the twit wasn't left on the sheets.

Though he is proof positive women can be impregnated via anal discharge.

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/26/21.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Shame the twit wasn't left on the sheets.

Though he is proof positive women can be impregnated via anal discharge.

I'm scared that he's going to get Crappy Hamster pregnant, or vice versa.

Well?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'm scared that he's going to get Crappy Hamster pregnant, or vice versa.

No biggy, it would just be another little shit.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You guys should have a sitcom.
Lol

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Raferman
You guys should have a sitcom.
Lol

We have a distinct advantage...look at the material we have to work with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Is there a factory spewing out you idiots? 20,000 pieces of gun legislation the US has brought in across its 50 states and 3000 counties the last 80 years is also 'documented' and went down without a whimper.

Just the gun control acts of the 30's has you bowing doown to uncle sam anytime you want to own a supressor or cut down a rifle barrel....

I dont recall any bloodbaths any time one of the above laws came in and uncle sam told you to bend over.

Well you should be dead then with all the crap going on in the US right now, instead of wasting time venting on some other countries hunting sub forum.

I guess hiding behind a keyboard is easier than actually taking action.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

A couple of things you need to bear in mind and remember the Australian gun laws are the model for your Democrats. Firstly it was only semi automatics. There are a lot more guns in Australia today than there were pre 1996. In fact most of the "buy back" money people got for semi autos went back into bolt and lever actions.

However, what is critical is how the semi auto ban was done and it is how it would be done in America. There is no "from my cold dying hands" stuff and because of how it was done. The guns are simply listed as prohibited weapons and huge penalties if you have one. The sort of penalties for dealing in drugs etc. The police made zero attempt to follow things up. It is a die on the vine system. If someone kept their semi auto then where would they use that gun. Even if a neighbour reported you to the policy for owning a semi auto the police never came. No need to. So if you visualised being holed up in your house ready to face the police, no one will come.

Another big thing was the amount paid for guns. There were three prices. First was for new in the box. Then used or second hand. For used or second hand the amount paid for a gun in mint condition or a gun with a bent barrel or no barrel and no stock was the same as for mint condition. If you put the oxy torch though the middle of the action you still got the same money as for a mint condition gun. The third price was for guns where the true value for a used gun was higher than a new gun of the same model that is it had some collector type value or like a Pre 64 M70. The value of the gun to be paid was determined by a gun shop owner and of course the price it a high value as the money received would go back into non prohibited guns. Thus the price you got for your semi auto was not an issue. In fact just the opposite. Blokes with semi autos that had lost interest in or semi autos with problems rushed down to hand them in to get the big price.

I well remember when the date for the ban/buy back was given, all the talk of what would happen and of the "from my cold dying hands" plus all the investigation on the legal avenues to challenge the prices that would be paid. However the gov't simply deflated the balloon and as well paid larger amounts for the guns. Everyone got more than they paid for their gun.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MikeMcGuire
. Everyone got more than they paid for their gun.

Yep, but the non-shooting tax payers were happy for this to be done, and feel that much safer for it.

The second buyback (yes fellow Americans, there was a second "buy-back" that was limited to large caliber, high mag capacity and short barrel pistols) was extremely cost favourable for me it particular at least. I had a somewhat beaten old Colt Gold Cup with bubba'd hammer and non-functional grip safety that I paid $800 for, but got $2,000 for it when I handed it to the cops, inclusive of cracked magazines. I'd only had the pistol for a year or so before this "buy-back".

The money went toward another pistol of course.

Unfortunately businesses that supplied accessories and reloading tools and components for these affected pistols didn't get any compensation. I guess the non-shooting tax payers were also happy about this.

Well?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mauserand9mm, is it a bitch to own a handgun in OZ?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raferman
Mauserand9mm, is it a bitch to own a handgun in OZ?

They've always been subject to more rules than those for long arms. I've had my rifle and pistol licences for a long time now so can't comment on the current level of difficulty to obtain.

When I got my first pistol (35 years ago?) I had to become a member of a pistol club first and then shoot regularly for 6 months. After that period the club commitee provided approval for me to obtain either an air pistol or 22. After another 3 months of regular shooting I was approved to obtain a centrefire. I got a S&W J frame 38Spl initially and then Colt 45 shortly afterwards, after I discovered IPSC. At that time there was no rifle licence or registration. I also used to shoot IPSC with my M14 (good times!).

Several years back (might be longer though) they (government) introduced minimum participation requirements for pistol ownership. I have a participation card where I record attendance at official matches, signed by the RO at the match, and have to submit to the club every year. The police will check with the club to see that participation requirements have been met. These requirements are state controlled but I think are largely similar between states. I only have one pistol and only need to attend 6 matches per year - this is not a hard task. I only shoot at one club that has a monthly shoot, but there are many other matches that I could also take part in. If more than one pistol is owned then I think the requirements are 4 matches per pistol per year, and can't claim more than one pistol per match eg 3 pistols - 12 separate matches per year.

We are required to have a safe/s for all firearms. The safes have specific requirements - thickness, weight, door hinge/arrangements, bolt-down requirements etc. The safe laws are state controlled but similar between them. The police will inspect the safes at some point in time, against compliance. The last time I moved and had my safe inspected, the police also did a check-off of all my firearms against the register - this is an extra to the inspection of the safe. The police notified me before the inspection so that an appropriate time could be arranged.

Note that we have separate rifle and pistol licences and have to obtain a permit before each time we acquire a firearm. The permit is obtained from the police and they do a "background" check to make sure you are still a "fit and proper person". I've never had any issues. It adds a few weeks into the process.

So the process sounds like a pain in the arse but we survive.

Well?
Page 6 of 106 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 105 106

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (163bc, 257_X_50, 160user, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,113
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.