GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Did they really think people were becoming unchurched over that?

Do they actually think people will return?

Just like after Vatican II, there will be a massive loss of Catholics, many becoming unchurched, and many joining the Orthodox Churches.

Yeah, probably not.

guys.
Are orthodox numbers up?

Kinda like the Old Traditionalists that Nikon tried to round up.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I thought Conrad was pro homo marriage

Humph

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am pro nothing.

Well....I am for trolling Crappy Hampy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
ALL sin...missing God’s mark of perfection...can be considered an abomination to God. ALL sin separates us from God. That includes your sin, my sin, and the sins of everyone else, including the sins of those who who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own.
1Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Note that word 'but'. It sets sexual sin apart as being against the Holy Spirit instead of God or Jesus. The only unforgivable sin is against the Spirit. You don't mess with him. This verse indicates that sexual sin is more serious than any others. I wouldn't call that cherry picking, it's scriptural.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
ALL sin...missing God’s mark of perfection...can be considered an abomination to God. ALL sin separates us from God. That includes your sin, my sin, and the sins of everyone else, including the sins of those who who cherry-pick the sins of others as somehow being worse than their own.
1Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Note that word 'but'. It sets sexual sin apart as being against the Holy Spirit instead of God or Jesus. The only unforgivable sin is against the Spirit. You don't mess with him. This verse indicates that sexual sin is more serious than any others. I wouldn't call that cherry picking, it's scriptural.

Same as heterosexual sex outside of marriage, no? Seems like that doesn’t draw the same condemnation. Ultimately, God will do the judging. Aren’t we supposed to love our neighbors as ourselves? Jesus didn’t limit that to only those who measure up to our standards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you’re equating sexual immorality with the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit...? I’d call that cherry-pickin’ on steroids...! Pickin’ a sin...overwhelmingly homosexuality...and holding it up higher than all the rest (including your owns sins), that’s cherry-pickin’.

To me it’s pretty clear that Paul is pointing out that when you sin sexually you hurt yourself. Not only do you hurt yourself, but at the deepest level imaginable. That’s how it’s different from other sins...because of the effect that it has on you. It stays with you. It will carry with you throughout your entire life. Sexuality is so powerful that if you sin sexually it has the power to turn your life upside down.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Charles Spurgeon didn't call the catholic church the great whore for nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There's a teaching that I've been hearing that all sin is equal.
I don't disagree with the point that all sin separates men from God. However, some sins are specifically refered to as abominations, and other sins are not. There are obvious differences between sins. I'm not talking catholic venial vs mortal sins. That is a dogma of that denomination.
Have you studied the reprobate doctrine?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by WMR

Same as heterosexual sex outside of marriage, no? Seems like that doesn’t draw the same condemnation. Ultimately, God will do the judging. Aren’t we supposed to love our neighbors as ourselves? Jesus didn’t limit that to only those who measure up to our standards.

I guess its only when its in the butt.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

I don't disagree with the point that all sin separates men from God. However, some sins are specifically refered to as abominations, and other sins are not. There are obvious differences between sins. I'm not talking catholic venial vs mortal sins. That is a dogma of that denomination.

It was an abomination when you fugked your neighbor’s dog

TWICE

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown

It was an abomination when you fugked your neighbor’s dog

TWICE

Was it a male, or female dog? There may be differing levels of sin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Methodist allowed homos to preach starting about 10 years ago
And recognized gay marriage too

Wrong!
Yes they did. Check out the Methodist Reverend Ann Gordon who became the Reverend Drew Phoenix. I read about her/his conversion in a news letter when my mother was serving as secretary at her UMC. After that she/he moved to Alaska and obtained a wife but got voted down when it tried to get named to some sort of civil rights commission. Quite a sordid affair for a once great Protestant church.

What makes me wonder is how in world does a woman acquire the equipment to be a man?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

Wrong!
Yes they did. Check out the Methodist Reverend Ann Gordon who became the Reverend Drew Phoenix. I read about her/his conversion in a news letter when my mother was serving as secretary at her UMC. After that she/he moved to Alaska and obtained a wife but got voted down when it tried to get named to some sort of civil rights commission. Quite a sordid affair for a once great Protestant church.

What makes me wonder is how in world does a woman acquire the equipment to be a man?

That's a question for bobbi brown aka Bob.....
Favored pronoun, "they."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Wrong!

That's a question for bobbi brown aka Bob.....
Favored pronoun, "they."

Show the FIRE where the neighbor’s dog touched you

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Wrong!

As an organization, the UMC voted gay marriage and gay clergy down. This has caused a major rift within the church, with a split likely between the two sides. Most urban UMCs will likely stay with the UMC. Most rural churches will become part of a new Traditional Methodist Church. It is a real mess right now. The UMC should never have picked this fight, as it wasn’t necessary. The liberal side thought they had the votes and forced a showdown with the traditional side. They lost and are pouting, big time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So you’re equating sexual immorality with the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit...? I’d call that cherry-pickin’ on steroids...! Pickin’ a sin...overwhelmingly homosexuality...and holding it up higher than all the rest (including your owns sins), that’s cherry-pickin’.

To me it’s pretty clear that Paul is pointing out that when you sin sexually you hurt yourself. Not only do you hurt yourself, but at the deepest level imaginable. That’s how it’s different from other sins...because of the effect that it has on you. It stays with you. It will carry with you throughout your entire life. Sexuality is so powerful that if you sin sexually it has the power to turn your life upside down.
Your reply is total nonsense. I said nothing of the kind.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WMR

If you read all the verses regarding sex, you'll find that they can all be grouped into 2 simple rules:
1. you must be married to your partner
2. your partner must be of the opposite sex
Within those rules, there's nothing at all in the Bible restricting what a couple can do in bed. As long as you're married, all's fair in the sack.

All sex outside of those rules is sinful. Now it's becoming commonplace for unmarried couples to live together and it's being accepted by the churches. The churches are wrong. God strictly prohibits cohabitation. They'll be among the luke warm churches in Rev that will be spit out.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Priest just la couple of Sundays ago said marriage is between a man and a woman. Even wrote it in the bulletin to make sure it was read. Of course it was in Wyoming and not Germany.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,187
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.