Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Redneck
I bet they know full well what they hit but nobody's sayin'...

Which makes me think it wasn’t an uncharted sea mount ...
After talking to a friend I’d bet my paycheck it was a Chinese Sub...

Over the past five months at the gym I attend, I've become acquainted with a man who was a submariner for four years. We sit side-by-side at bicycles, pedaling away and talking. He's told me of some of his experiences while serving aboard the USS WHALE (Wave) , fast attack boat, and the USS Pulaski, a missile boat. Today I asked him what he thought might have happened?

He said he did not really know, but with the state of sonar technology on today's subs, he did not think they ran into some uncharted undersea mountain. He said they might have been playing "tag" with another country's sub and someone made a big mistake. "Just guessing," he said. He also told me that when he was on the USS WHALE (Wave), they played some serious "tag" with a Russian sub off the coast of Gibraltar for about five days, once. Said that was some serious "fun."

FWIW.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 10/11/21. Reason: Correct nameof boat; corrrect spelling.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That bet I’m willing to make is a very well informed bet... no other details other than it was a Chinese sub.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did anyone see the news about the guy busted trying to sell top secret info to a foreign power today? About our subs.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Old Hat GFY you POS mutherfucger cockroach the only real thing you know about being unimpressed is when you look at your dik in your own hand

Last edited by byd; 10/11/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Over the past five months at the gym I attend, I've become acquainted with a man who was a submariner for four years. We sit side-by-side at bicycles, pedaling away and talking. He's told me of some of his experiences while serving aboard the USS Wave, fast attack boat, and the USS Pulaski, a missle boat. Today I asked him what he thought might have happened?

He said he did not really know, but with the state of sonar technology on today's subs, he did not think they ran into some uncharted undesea mountain. He said they might have been playing "tag" with another country's sub and someone made a big mistake. "Just guessing," he said. He also told me that when he was on the Wave, they played some serioius "tag" with a Russian sub off the coast of Gibraltar for about five days, once. Said that was aome serious "fun."

FWIW.

L.W.

Google The USS Wave.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Over the past five months at the gym I attend, I've become acquainted with a man who was a submariner for four years. We sit side-by-side at bicycles, pedaling away and talking. He's told me of some of his experiences while serving aboard the USS Wave, fast attack boat, and the USS Pulaski, a missile boat. Today I asked him what he thought might have happened?

He said he did not really know, but with the state of sonar technology on today's subs, he did not think they ran into some uncharted undesea mountain. He said they might have been playing "tag" with another country's sub and someone made a big mistake. "Just guessing," he said. He also told me that when he was on the Wave, they played some serioius "tag" with a Russian sub off the coast of Gibraltar for about five days, once. Said that was aome serious "fun."

FWIW.

L.W.

Google The USS Wave.

Dillon Buck, many thanks for that note of my mistake. I somehow got "wave" mixed up with "whale." I corrected it plus some spelling mistakes. . Sometimes I think I'm getting old in my old age. grin I'll try to be more alert next time I quote someone else. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
Anyone here think the Thresher blew up/sank on it's own, back in the day?

yes

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by las
Anyone here think the Thresher blew up/sank on it's own, back in the day?

yes
+1

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Did anyone see the news about the guy busted trying to sell top secret info to a foreign power today? About our subs.

Yeah. It's funny that they aren't mentioning what country it supposedly was. My vote would be that he thought that he was selling info to our "friends" who begin with "I".

IC B3

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,343
Posts18,526,859
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.