Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
N
I've lost two hunting partners this year and now it seems another is about to pass from Covid induced Pneumonia. First Sean got run over and killed by a hit and run driver and then Ken took his own life and now Jack, Sean's dad has pneumonia and is in a coma and not expected to make it. It's gonna be lonely in the woods this year, may just call it quits and not even go hunting.

Life sucks..........

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds to me like you need some time in the woods.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300

Yep.

Mich, your friends wouldn't want you to quit. I feel sure they would rather you carry on and remember the good time yall had. If ya quit, sure you can remember the good times, but it just wont be the same.

Find ya a kid and teach him to hunt. The old timers took the time to teach you and now it's time to pass it on....

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost my Dad and an Uncle during summer of 2020. One to covid pneumonia complications and other to brain cancer. Both hunting partners since I started hunting big game in 1979. They were also the last of my circle of hunting buddies.

Youngest Daughter decided she wanted to start hunting in Fall of 2020 just having graduated previous spring from college and no longer did a Fall sport.

We went on our first deer hunt this year together. Now we have family members coming out of the wood work wanting to get involved and get their younger kids out in the field after she posted up the pictures.

Almost sold all mine and Dad's guns last year I was so depressed.

Doors closed, doors opened.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You're on the right side of the grass. Keep your head up

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your losses.

Some good advice already posted.

Good luck.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yup, that sucks.
Keep your head up and spend some time in the woods.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Life does really suck sometimes. Lost a childhood friend and hunting pal a few years ago. But his objective was to hunt as long as he was able and he did until he had a massive heart attack while at home, at age 69. I think about him often when I'm in the woods and I know he'd want me to keep hunting. About 10 years ago I met a guy in his late 80's who said he hunted up until he was the last survivor of all his hunting pals. Said if he was physically able he'd still be out there. It's best to keep at it as long as possible and it's good therapy.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
nahma is a beautiful place to hunt, man. Enjoy being out there.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Turn is tragedy around and take a kid hunting. I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. Prayers for you from us in N.C.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rickt300

Get after it. The deceased would want that.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
You gotta grieve. It’s normal and nothing to be afraid of. You’ve lost a lot this year. Losing friends and family hurts, but life does not suck. If you try, it will get better. Don’t give up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
You gotta grieve. It’s normal and nothing to be afraid of. You’ve lost a lot this year. Losing friends and family hurts, but life does not suck. If you try, it will get better. Don’t give up.

Yep. Hurts like hell. Lost both my parents within a year of each other. And a very good friend.

Got to keep your head up and keep going no matter how much it hurts.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/12/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just make new friends.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
I've lost two hunting partners this year and now it seems another is about to pass from Covid induced Pneumonia. First Sean got run over and killed by a hit and run driver and then Ken took his own life and now Jack, Sean's dad has pneumonia and is in a coma and not expected to make it. It's gonna be lonely in the woods this year, may just call it quits and not even go hunting.

Life sucks..........

WTF, are you a democrat? Make new friends, take some younger guys out, show them, teach them. Would your buddies want you to quit.

N
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
N
Guess i'll be in the woods this weekend, opener for Georgia deer . My son and i will be there with one other friend who is 80 yrs old. We'll drink a toast to missing friends and carry on . You guys are right, they would not want me to quit hunting , but it is still hard to lose 3 friends in 3 months.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sorry for you losses. Keep your chin up.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My three brothers and our best friend were my hunting buddies for 40 years. My brothers have passed on and my buddy sits in his recliner all day and sometimes doesn't know who I am when I go to visit. So I feel your pain. And I will agree that being out in the November woods...the same woods we all hunted together...is tough when the memories roll in. I miss the fellowship, to use the term loosely. I've found it helpful to find new places to hunt. It's been harder to find new people to hunt with, but I'm working on it. Keep your chin up, big guy. Things will get better.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sorry for your losses but your friends would not want you to quit. Hold your head up and move on.

lightman
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I lost my son last year to suicide as many of you know. I took him and my daughter on the juvenile deer hunt every year. It was our ritual to get them out of school early on Fridays and get up to the farm to prepare for Saturday morning's hunt. I missed it last year and my daughter lost interest after losing her brother. It has allowed me to try new hunting rituals. I got my cousin involved in deer hunting and he's hooked now. He's helped me more than I know. Take time to grieve, recognize the great times and realize what your buddies would want you to do. I came to the conclusion that if I gave up the things I loved to do, I wouldn't know myself anymore. That's not the place to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,106
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.