Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I’ve had a mohs procedure as well. Don’t expect it to be my last. Burned to a blister too many times as a kid/teenager

That's precisely what my Dr. told me - the damage wasn't last year, it was 20-30 years ago.

I'm seeing a new Dr. My original doc passed away earlier this year; he was brilliant, retired Navy captain, and he was trained by Dr. Mohs himself. I had been seeing him intermittently for about 11 years.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB4

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I guess this thread is fairly timely since I made a dermatology appointment just this morning. I can’t get in until November but that’s fine it ain’t an emergency and I’m going hunting next week anyway. Being of Northern European decent I don’t tan as good as my wife or son and I spent most of my life outdoors, granted it’s the Pacific Northwest so it ain’t like sunshine is as common as some of you are used to but nonetheless there is sunshine here. I was also a beach lifeguard through high school and college which meant more sun and sunburns for me. I noticed a spot on my right forearm and it looks like skin cancer to me. I tend to think everything is cancer but this time I don’t think it’s my imagination and I’ve been meaning to get it looked at and hacked off but I keep forgetting until it’s after hours. My wonderful wife reminded me today to make the appointment so I did. They asked me if I wanted them to do a full body check or just the offending spot, I’m almost 52 and figured that the full body check was best. I have several friends that are frequently getting spots cut out so I guess it’s my turn. 😫

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Remember skin cancers of any form can show up ANYWHERE on the body, not necessarily sun exposed areas. A few years ago I had a basal cell cancer taken off my upper thigh. The Dr was surprised when the biopsy came back with BCC. It had been a little pinkish bump that got darker and darker. Had another on my forearm just a few weeks ago. Be alert.
Like lots of others here, I had lots fo sunburns, some blistering as a kid and young adult.

Last edited by navlav8r; 10/15/21.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here. I've been introduced to both of those nasty Noma brothers, Mel and Carson. Had a squishy thing show up on the back of my neck and didn't go away for two weeks. Wife said see the Doc. Family Doc said he wasn't sure what it was but carved it off and took a sample. Turned out to be what they later called a "six-month" melanoma - the kind where if you ignore it, you're dead in six months. Had the Mohs treatment on it, but the family Doc had gotten it all.

Started getting Full Monty checkups every six months from a lovely young lady Doc. Odd experience the first time, getting poked ALL over. Later she found a carcinoma on the top of my left ear, but it's been two years now all clean so I'm down to annual checkups.

So now I have a Z for Zorro scar on the back of my neck, and my left ear is always a bit tender. But I'm still here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Morewood
Don't forget the tops of your ears. VOE

Scrape biopsy yesterday, Doc said squamous cell for sure.
Doing the insurance dance for Mohs.

Attached Images
ear.jpg (24.41 KB, 173 downloads)

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Croaker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Don't forget the tops of your ears. VOE

Scrape biopsy yesterday, Doc said squamous cell for sure.
Doing the insurance dance for Mohs.

eek ?? you'd waited 20X too long to get that checked ....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SandBilly
JiminTN said he smears ivermectin in his butt crack. High heat ivermectin.

Not relevant..JiminTN uses it as a lubricant.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gotta have the Mohs Surgery done on me nose next month. Really looking forward to it.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blame it on seed and fertilizer companies. When they started handing out free ball caps to farmers, they caught on and broad brimmed hats were tossed in the backs of the closets and forgotten. Then the skin cancer rate among farmers skyrocketed. Short sleeved shirts are a big problem, too. I'm as guilty as anyone. I've had basil and squamous cell growths removed several times. No melanomas so far, thank God.

Do you weld? How often have you picked up a stinger for a quick spot weld without putting on something to protect your arms or your throat area? A couple seconds with a welder will do as much damage as weeks of sunshine.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I get benign black moles on my back, and hands.
They stop at my waist line.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had a booger hanging from nose this morning.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
WI. farmers are some of the most prone to get a skin cancer because of our light complected European ancestry. I've been there done that Mohs thing twice myself with Carver Cambell. I've always worn the dorkish brimmed hats out fishing, but lately I took a lesson from the FL. bone fishermen and bought fingerless Fish Hawk fishing gloves and one of those Simms face/head sun helmets because I don't like sunscreen. Works great, maybe for Halloween too. What got me last time was aviator sunglasses because lots of sun sneaks in from the side and Carver had her way with my right eyebrow this year. A dermatologist with a scalpel sure gets a guy's attention.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I started using BUFFs face shield/tubes but have found a company that sells them for much less, and of equal quality. Cheap insurance, and they're surprisingly both warm and cool, in any weather. LINK

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I went to the public every summer day for 10 years

Roofed houses for 15 years never wore a shirt or hat.

Mfer talking bout skin cansa from milking cows. LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not everyone gets cancer but the odds are much higher for those with excessive exposure.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
For me, it is the back of my hands. Just had one spot cut out and biopsied, "pre-cancerous"

All those years with an irrigation shovel in my hands, or bucking hay bales are coming home to roost. No, I seldom wore gloves. Often not even when bucking hay.

Lots of old truck drivers with cancer showing up on the left hand, arm, ear, or face. Too many years of driving in the sun with the drivers side window down and the left arm resting on the door.

We recently lost a driver who carried our product on a daily basis. Cancer first showed on his left arm and left ear.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I get a full exam 2 times a year at the dermatologist

Lift your sack, spread your cheeks, even looks between toes.

Doc says I look remarkably well for all my sun exposure AND being on antirejection meds.

I’m supposed to wear long sleeves, wide brim and sunscreen per advisement due to these meds.

I say hell with all that. I dont want greasy pootie poo stuff smeared on me. I hate any kind of lotions or potions

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I looked up the Mohs surgery , I had that about 2 years ago but don't recall anyone explaining that the procedure had a name .

They hacked the Basil out , then sliced my nose nearly from the top to the bottom on the left side , my nose was laying in my eye while they were digging the cancer out . Weird looking up and having your sliced nose blocking your view .
It was cut like that then stitched to give it room to fill in in two areas - scooted it over some to fill in where the Basil Cell was . Can't even tell it was ever cut .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know I can google it but what’s the Mohs treatment?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,935
Posts18,479,992
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.