Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my old man used to talk about digging up a groundhog so when i was a kid me and several buddies did that. in those days there was only 3 channels on the zenith and no internet so a guy had to make his own fun. anyway we saw a hog go in his hole and we dug and dug and dug and my buddy was about up to his waist in the hole when that hog decided enough was enough. he came busting out of there and about crawled up my buddies leg and everybody took off screaming with the hog chasing us. that was until one guy realized he had a shovel in his hand and beat that fugger to death.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Miss Lillie SCB (Stone Cold Bitch) got here name as a 6 week old puppy (as the picture clearly indicates... she was crack whore at the time of adoption).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She has gotten even meaner since.

34 pound Mountain Cur Vs. 14 pound groundhog

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good dogs are MAGNIFICENT!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Round here we have Rock Chucks (Yellow Bellied Marmot). I had a dog that was so fast she could grab one and with one quick shake it'd be all over, she never got a mark on her and the Chuck didn't even have time to squeak. Once I was walking with her down the sidewalk in our developement, I looked down at her and she was just walking alongside me with an 8 pound Chuck in her mouth, I never heard a sound, I'm not sure she even broke her stride.

Jack Russels are famous for that.

Our JRT made a habit of dispatching pocket gophers in the field. He would follow the tractor and plow looking to kill any gopher turned up.

I saw him kill one rock chuck which managed ti get in the yard. The varmint never had a chance to fight back. The dog grabbed him at the base of the neck, bit down hard and shook the holy schitt out of the chuck.

He also loved to terrorize raccoons trying to eat the cat food on the deck. He would corner them and bark until they turned their face away. He would chew the heck out of their ass, but never approached the end with teeth.

The coons always escaped with only a loss of dignity and a bit of butt fur.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We got coons that will eat your JRT for lunch

lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When I was in high school, a buddy had a big old collie dog, named "Major" after his father, a retired Marine. When I went out to see him one day, old Major came up to me, bloody as hell with half his lower lip torn off. He'd gotten into a groundhog, and the groundhog did a number on the old pup's face. Dunno if he got the groundhog or not, it was a mess, though. The Marine wasn't happy about the vet bill.

Several (many) years later, I was on my way to Missouri for deer season, and while crossing lower Indiana, just west of the Booneville/Lynnville exit about a mile, I saw something in the median, and it was a coyote-groundhog fight, right out there in the open for all to see. It was a heckuva fight, I don't know who won, but the groundhog had it's signature bite going on that coyote's lip, too. It must be something in their DNA. No matter who won, that coyote was gonna need some plastic surgery, both of them were covered in blood.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord
We got coons that will eat your JRT for lunch

lol

Not unless they could catch hold of him (Rascal RIP). Quickest damned critter I ever saw.

Even quicker than the heeler cow dogs, and those guys are flat amazing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had a black lab scottish terrier mix. Small for a black lab and large for a scottie. Had the Scottie's large head and big teeth plus the fight anything attitude. He was hell on ground hogs. He would grab them mid body and crush them. One time he cornered a muskrat and it was a tougher fight. Muskrat bit him several times in lower chest. He finally prevailed and did the body crush again.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Dogs are able to take pains, sorry for the pain.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Geno67
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Geno,

It's surprising how much a couple of teeth sunk down to the bone hurts.
Lol

He earned half of that good groundhog meat to chow down on for dinner. If you haven't ever tried it, it's not bad if you skin it fresh and fry it in bacon fat.

I had never heard of anyone eating them but I've had several people say they were good. I threw it in the freezer.

Groundhogs are excellent eating, in my opinion. Way better than rabbit or squirrel.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Geno67 - What’s the breed makeup of your brindle pup? Great looking pup, just curious.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Great pic! Specs on that killing machine?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Love the Batman pic.
Both good looking dogs.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Great pic! Specs on that killing machine?

3 y/o wire hair daschund. Her “real” job is blood tracking but she won’t turn down the chance to chomp on something be it fur or feather

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.