Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For anyone here who may know....

Why would you possibly have live ammunition on a movie set?

What purpose would it serve vs the obvious safety risks?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Also very ironic that an ultra liberal like Baldwin would replace Union workers who walked off set over working conditions with non-union worker....and that decision bit him in the schlong

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by papat
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sounds to me like Hannah would make the perfect scapegoat if someone wanted to know how it felt to shoot someone. Just saying. whistle

Yup

Mostlikely where it is heading to protect the stupid

Actually the only safety measure when filming with firearms IS the armourer.

They ARE responsible.

Does anyone trust any of the actors who make movies to know about all aspects of firearms, safety while filming, various blank and dummy loads? That's the armourer's job.

Just like you don't let Tom Cruise wire and set off explosives, you don't let actors or anyone else on set be in control of any aspect of firearms.

This gal was dangerous, and had had firearm accidental discharges from that incompetence at least a couple of times before the fatal shooting on this movie.

The idiots who hired her are incompetent as well.

Finally, someone that gets it...it's the sole job/responsibility of the Armorer. With the 10,0000's of shots fired in movies through the years, don't expect me to believe that Angelina Jolie and George Clooney were ever hired nor expected to be weapon's experts.

Imagine an actor personally emptying a 40 round mag from an AR15, just so he could check the ammo for safety...and doing so 20 times a movie. They are actors, portraying characters...not special forces or weapon experts.

Unless Baldwin broke protocol or was screwing around, he's not the guilty party in this accident. They have pages of strict rules for gun handling in movies for the actors, they showed them last night on the news....most of those rules are useless if live ammo is introduced into the equation.

I'd like to see him hung, but his isn't a legitimate instance of guilt....unless he fugged up of course.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cv540

I served as armourer on on a couple of pretty intensive firearm inclusive films.

I specifically banned any and all live ammo, blank ammo, dummy rounds, or firearms not provided by me assigned to a specific person by me daily as the movie required.

Beyond that, I gave a half hour class to ALL movie personnel on the set before filming began. Also provided ear protection, and technical advise on firearm scenes, as well as coaching for actors on how to handle firearms, draw, shoot, twirl revolvers, etc.

Anyone caught violating those rules would be banned from the set. (I never had to flag a major star for a violation, but I would have probably been overruled... ) They would just not oust a major player in a movie for being stupid, that was certain.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Understand that. Several of us would just like to see him gone. Only thing I ever liked him in was The Shadow.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to write a dang book.

Originally Posted by cv540

I served as armourer on on a couple of pretty intensive firearm inclusive films.

I specifically banned any and all live ammo, blank ammo, dummy rounds, or firearms not provided by me assigned to a specific person by me daily as the movie required.

Beyond that, I gave a half hour class to ALL movie personnel on the set before filming began. Also provided ear protection, and technical advise on firearm scenes, as well as coaching for actors on how to handle firearms, draw, shoot, twirl revolvers, etc.

Anyone caught violating those rules would be banned from the set. (I never had to flag a major star for a violation, but I would have probably been overruled... ) They would just not oust a major player in a movie for being stupid, that was certain.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like it was an accident caused by someone's negligence, maybe not Baldwin's. A civil matter for damages. Not a crime. Not every negligent act that results in death is an unlawful homicide. Mr. Baldwin may be a piece of crap personally and politically but it doesn't sound like he is criminal in this case.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The old movie days.

While interesting, I don't miss them. wink Or the people.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The old movie days.

While interesting, I don't miss them. wink Or the people.

Ditto!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s tragic but unless the truth can come out we’re all just relying on here say. Was “she” relying on what the original armorer told her? Was there another armorer? Hollywood has turned into a chit show. Woke activists abound. Liter millions of rounds have been fired safely by actors since the cinema began.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I watched a licensed/certified armourer on TV last night, and he did shed some light on a few things I didn't know.

He stated and show 2 types of revolvers used in filming movies, 1 was a "real" gun and 1 was a "prop" gun. He stated the guns were identical in build, and showed the difference. The real gun could fire "blanks" or "live" ammo, the prop gun had a permanent insert in the cylinder that was smaller that "live" ammo....and only special "blank" ammo could be inserted and shot out of it. Live ammo wouldn't even fit in the gun, only a crimped/wad blank.

Maybe you could expand on these statements. ?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Sounds like it was an accident caused by someone's negligence, maybe not Baldwin's. A civil matter for damages. Not a crime. Not every negligent act that results in death is an unlawful homicide. Mr. Baldwin may be a piece of crap personally and politically but it doesn't sound like he is criminal in this case.

It well may be, but remember, Obamacare sounded pretty good too.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
24 year old female armorer 'wasn't sure' if she was ready for the job. She was scared loading blanks into the guns,

What a $hitshow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...er-24-charge-guns-Alec-Baldwin-film.html

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sept 22, 2017. ALEC BALDWIN QUOTE. "I WONDER WHAT IT WOULD FEEL LIKE TO WRONGFULLY KILL SOMEOME"

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

He stated and show 2 types of revolvers used in filming movies, 1 was a "real" gun and 1 was a "prop" gun. He stated the guns were identical in build, and showed the difference. The real gun could fire "blanks" or "live" ammo, the prop gun had a permanent insert in the cylinder that was smaller that "live" ammo....and only special "blank" ammo could be inserted and shot out of it. Live ammo wouldn't even fit in the gun, only a crimped/wad blank.

Nobody I knew dealt with "prop guns" much.

All the guns I dealt with were the real McCoy with a couple of exceptions.

I did use a Beretta 92 clone prop gun that fired only 8mm blanks. It would look and fire as a real gun, but had a solid barrel, and no real ammo could be loaded in it. Like this: https://www.westernstageprops.com/blank-firing-gun-beretta-92f-blued-finish-p/sg92.htm
The actor, Charles Napier who I got that gun for was a raging alcoholic, and could not be trusted with a real gun at all. He was dangerous enough without one.

All semiautomatics and full auto guns had a blocked barrel to increase gas pressure to cycle the firearm. An open, normal barrel will not cycle the action while shooting blanks. If live ammo were loaded in one of those it would cause a major Boom!

All western movie guns I worked with were fully functional firearms, from revolvers to rifles and shotguns. Shotguns were the most dangerous in my opinion, as they had a large blast and emitted lots of dangerous particles.

Had to give a director a lesson in that when he was shooting scene with a double 12ga. He kept wanting me to load full power black powder loads and I kept refusing. He was getting pissed, but I was friends with him, and told him to humor me... And sent to wardrobe for a white bedsheet. We stretched the bedsheet like a screen and I loaded the rounds he wanted in the shotgun and let both barrels go. The rounds tattooed and put several holes in the sheet.... eek

He didn't ask again. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is hard to understand how something like this could happen. If someone checked the gun and said it was empty prior to handing him the gun, how did they miss a round chambered. If it was in fact a real round, containing a real bullet, and not one of the many types of blanks used on sets, how did that round get on the set in the first place.

Seems there are multiple issues going on here that allowed something like this to happen. A series of mistakes or a deliberate act of an individual. Most likely a series of mistakes made that lead to the accident.

In healthcare, whenever someone dies from medical malpractice, it is rarely from a single event. It is almost always a series of events that should have been caught at multiple points in the process, but for whatever reason isn't. I'm thinking this will prove to be the case here, unless it was an intentional act by someone.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some actor years back he was being cute shooting himself with a blank.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Nobody I knew dealt with "prop guns" much.

All the guns I dealt with were the real McCoy with a couple of exceptions.

I did use a Beretta 92 clone prop gun that fired only 8mm blanks. It would look and fire as a real gun, but had a solid barrel, and no real ammo could be loaded in it. The actor, Charles Napier who I got that gun for was a raging alcoholic, and could not be trusted with a real gun at all. He was dangerous enough without one.

All semiautomatics and full auto guns had a blocked barrel to increase gas pressure to cycle the firearm. An open, normal barrel will not cycle the action while shooting blanks. If live ammo were loaded in one of those it would cause a major Boom!

All western movie guns I worked with were fully functional firearms, from revolvers to rifles and shotguns. Shotguns were the most dangerous in my opinion, as they had a large blast and emitted lots of dangerous particles.

Had to give a director a lesson in that when he was shooting scene with a double 12ga. He kept wanting me to load full power black powder loads and I kept refusing. He was getting pissed, but I was friends with him, and told him to humor me... And sent to wardrobe for a white bedsheet. We stretched the bedsheet like a screen and I loaded the rounds he wanted in the shotgun and let both barrels go. The rounds tattooed and put several holes in the sheet.... eek

He didn't ask again. wink

Interesting, the guy last night was showing a S&W stainless revolver, and the prop gun did appear to be open barrel. He said the primer ignited the powder, and the "blank" was a crimped case with a paper or plastic wad that would exit the barrel.

Which is what I think happened to the actor in 1984(heal 44 mag with blanks to his head screwing around, and fractured his skull and died)....along with the Jason Lee incident with a blank shot at his stomach, but shards of blank plastic entered his stomach as a projectile...6 hours of surgery later he died at 28 years old.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of ignorant moron takes somebody’s word that a firearm is unloaded and “safe” without checking for himself when it is handed to him, then proceeds to point it at someone and pull the trigger?

Oh yeah, an ignorant, liberal moron like Alec Baldwin

So much stupidity and negligence in this incident to know where to begin.

And these Hollywood idiots are idolized by Commie democrat zombies nationwide.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, AscensionIndustries, 9 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,227
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.