Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
I have a question for the guys with more biblical knowledge than I. So Adam and Eve had sons (we can all agree on that), WHO? did they marry?
Idk. Maybe...if all of humanity is descended from Adam and Eve...as the Bible claims...then one of Adam and Eve’s sons maybe married one of Adam and Eve’s daughters.

Or, maybe the Biblical story of Creation (including Adam and Eve) is allegorical.
God sent Cain away, gave him a mark so OTHERS would recognize him and not kill him. What others?
Idk. Maybe the other’s were his own brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces who were already born and would be capable of seeking revenge. The fact that Cain had a wife is evidence that Adam and Eve had other children after Cain and Abel, but before Seth.

Or, maybe the Biblical story in the first four chapters of Genesis is allegorical.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB4

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Since these topics get derailed and go off on tangents rather quickly….

I have a question for the guys with more biblical knowledge than I.

So Adam and Eve had sons (we can all agree on that), WHO? did they marry?

God sent Cain away, gave him a mark so OTHERS would recognize him and not kill him. What others?

I do not have that much knowledge but let me give it the old College try.

Lets first start with Adam and Eve which is the reason I posted about the lineages. Reading a coded book in "black and white" is very dangerous if truth is what you are looking for. For instance, if the Bible was truly written that way and is the inspired infallible word of God, then why couldn't he get the lineages correct? One lineage has Jesus descending from the Tribe of Judah, another has him descending from the Tribe of Ephraim. It cannot be both.
So, why is Adam's lineage not the same as Eve's. The parable of the Wheat and the Tares has many meanings with one of them being an enemy has come in and sowed tares. Look at it this way, in the case of Eve, an enemy had sex with her, just like what happened 3 chapters later in the Bible. Lucifer planted his seed in Eve and she got a "man" child (interesting way of saying that about Cain wouldn't you say). Cain was half Angel (lucifer) and half human (Eve). Cain was known as a Nephilim and left to go East to Nod where there were more Nephilim. According to many writings, the Quran being one, the had to be "re-newed" because Lucifer and his merry band trouble makers screwed up the first Earth. Not only did they cross with other "human" creations then, they did with animals, plants, ect. We call it the dinosaur age. The real caveat for us humans to lookout for is this, Lucifer and his angels mirror what we and or God creates, thus it gives the appearance of being us, but deep inside it is a ravenous beast.
Church propaganda inspired by Lucifer (the Angel of LIGHT) has us believing that Genesis 1 is the very beginning of all. It is not by any stretch of the imagination.
A true story should flow like a river, you should not have to jump from puddle to puddle and you should never ever half to explain something away.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
I have a question for the guys with more biblical knowledge than I. So Adam and Eve had sons (we can all agree on that), WHO? did they marry?
Idk. Maybe...if all of humanity is descended from Adam and Eve...as the Bible claims...then one of Adam and Eve’s sons maybe married one of Adam and Eve’s daughters.

Or, maybe the Biblical story of Creation (including Adam and Eve) is allegorical.
Idk. Maybe the other’s were his own brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces who were already born and would be capable of seeking revenge. The fact that Cain had a wife is evidence that Adam and Eve had other children after Cain and Abel, but before Seth.

Or, maybe the Biblical story in the first four chapters of Genesis is allegorical.

If I wanted to have the truth, then I would want to know that information. It literally begins this whole story and sets up the characters. It is real important to know this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s likely that there are some things that we’re not gonna understand on this side of the grave. There’s something to be said for seeking Him and His righteousness first, and He’ll give us everything we need. If we trust in Him and acknowledge Him in all of our ways, He’ll direct our paths. That’s a promise. We can’t depend upon our own ability to understand everything that He says and does.

Even though we can have a true and personal relationship with Him, it is clear that He is ultimately way beyond our ability to fully fathom.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
I think it’s likely that there are some things that we’re not gonna understand on this side of the grave. There’s something to be said for seeking Him and His righteousness first, and He’ll give us everything we need. If we trust in Him and acknowledge Him in all of our ways, He’ll direct our paths. That’s a promise. We can’t depend upon our own ability to understand everything that He says and does.

Even though we can have a true and personal relationship with Him, it is clear that He is ultimately way beyond our ability to fully fathom.

And because of that Church false teaching, we never can ascend which is the reason it is taught as truth.
As for me and my family, we will believe and follow what Christ taught and try our best do greater things than He did.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by K22

And because of that Church false teaching, we never can ascend which is the reason it is taught as truth.
As for me and my family, we will believe and follow what Christ taught and try our best do greater things than He did.

Are there written instructions in book form that one may read which has this correct info and if so where is it?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me, regarding all of these Biblical and Christian and theological discussions that arise on this forum sometimes, I conclude that what made Christianity so attractive in the first few centuries of its existence was Jesus’ resurrection. And I believe that a renewed focus on that can make Christianity attractive to people again.

Even though some of the Bible really troubles a lotta people, and causes them to struggle with doubt...understandably so...those things pale in comparison to the reality of Jesus rising from the dead. Even if the Bible contains allegory, and even if a literal interpretation of everything in the Bible isn’t possible or realistic for many...that does nothing to undermine the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and the claims that He made about Himself.

That’s not denying the Bible, it’s simply saying that...for me...I’ve gotta first start with a resurrected Jesus, and then make the case for the Bible, and not the other way around. No matter what one thinks about the Bible, if Jesus is risen from the dead, then Christianity is true. Period.

I do not believe that Christianity is true just because an inerrant Bible says so. For me, Christianity would still be true even if the Bible were never written. I accept the story of Jesus’ resurrection, and how I look at the Bible flows from the truth of that event. My view of Scripture follows from my understanding of who the Resurrected Jesus really is, and not the reverse.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I find it interesting that Dwight Moody was at the battle Shilo, but every he said is just as true today.[Linked Image from thinkaboutsuchthings.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Too many people don't want to believe sin , is sin.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I used to be very much into archery. Not so much any more. Shoulders won't cooperate as much as they used to.

IC B3

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by K22

Are there written instructions in book form that one may read which has this correct info and if so where is it?

There are many, along with your 6th chakra..........the third eye.
Get yourself a Ferrar Fenton Bible for starters and a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. Then there is the 1611 Geneva Bible, the Book of Enoch, the Book Jasher, The book of Jubilee's, The Book of War, Star Wars - the War between the 5 Pointed Star and the 6 Pointed Star, and on and on and on. There are also the Books of Mythology including Hebrew Mythology.
It is so much easier today than it was years ago when I was researching. You have the Internet with all of the sources.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So easy a child can understand. frown

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/23/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
There are many, along with your 6th chakra..........the third eye. Get yourself a Ferrar Fenton Bible for starters and a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. Then there is the 1611 Geneva Bible, the Book of Enoch, the Book Jasher, The book of Jubilee's, The Book of War, Star Wars - the War between the 5 Pointed Star and the 6 Pointed Star, and on and on and on. There are also the Books of Mythology including Hebrew Mythology. It is so much easier today than it was years ago when I was researching. You have the Internet with all of the sources.
I realize that I see things differently than a lotta others. The men and women who actually knew Jesus personally and chose to follow Him...people like Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, Andrew, Mary, Martha, and Paul...the men and women whose faith laid the groundwork for the evangelization of the entire world, not only did so without a Strong’s Concordance...or any of the other sources listed above...they did so without the Bible itself. And they received salvation...without even having the Bible itself...as did many, many followers of Jesus who came after them.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
For me, regarding all of these Biblical and Christian and theological discussions that arise on this forum sometimes, I conclude that what made Christianity so attractive in the first few centuries of its existence was Jesus’ resurrection. And I believe that a renewed focus on that can make Christianity attractive to people again.

Even though some of the Bible really troubles a lotta people, and causes them to struggle with doubt...understandably so...those things pale in comparison to the reality of Jesus rising from the dead. Even if the Bible contains allegory, and even if a literal interpretation of everything in the Bible isn’t possible or realistic for many...that does nothing to undermine the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and the claims that He made about Himself.

That’s not denying the Bible, it’s simply saying that...for me...I’ve gotta first start with a resurrected Jesus, and then make the case for the Bible, and not the other way around. No matter what one thinks about the Bible, if Jesus is risen from the dead, then Christianity is true. Period.

I do not believe that Christianity is true just because an inerrant Bible says so. For me, Christianity would still be true even if the Bible were never written. I accept the story of Jesus’ resurrection, and how I look at the Bible flows from the truth of that event. My view of Scripture follows from my understanding of who the Resurrected Jesus really is, and not the reverse.

Lot of truth to that. The Bible is a long story revolving around that.

Which Bibles are blasphemy is open to interpretation by us. The punishment for the sin of blasphemy or its forgiveness falls with Him.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The wild beast in revelation is the governments! The image of the wild beast is the United nations! The image of the wild beast will be used to destroy the great harlot/ False Christians who have committed fornication/ spiritual adultery with the Kings of the earth. These false Christians will worship the wild beast/ governments in that they will look to the governments for answers to the world's problem.

This is not open for debate or discussion! Very soon you will see the UN make an all out attack on these false Christians. Watch and probably not learn

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
There are many, along with your 6th chakra..........the third eye. Get yourself a Ferrar Fenton Bible for starters and a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. Then there is the 1611 Geneva Bible, the Book of Enoch, the Book Jasher, The book of Jubilee's, The Book of War, Star Wars - the War between the 5 Pointed Star and the 6 Pointed Star, and on and on and on. There are also the Books of Mythology including Hebrew Mythology. It is so much easier today than it was years ago when I was researching. You have the Internet with all of the sources.
I realize that I see things differently than a lotta others. The men and women who actually knew Jesus personally and chose to follow Him...people like Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, Andrew, Mary, Martha, and Paul...the men and women whose faith laid the groundwork for the evangelization of the entire world, not only did so without a Strong’s Concordance...or any of the other sources listed above...they did so without the Bible itself. And they received salvation...without even having the Bible itself...as did many, many followers of Jesus who came after them.

First off, it helps you speak the language and are sitting right there where a question, "what do you mean by that" can be asked and answered.
Second, John was a very controversial figure and a traitor.
Back then, they knew and understood Roman Law. We should because much of ours is patterned after it. For instance, how many witnesses does it take to convict someone back then and in our country today. And yes, that applies to then.
Matthew got his story possibly third to fourth hand and that story was based on someone's dream......Joseph's. The lineage in Matthew does not match the lineage in the Old Testament.
Heck man, I could go on and on. Thomas Jefferson was one of the founding fathers who disagreed with Christianity and much of the Bible writings. He wrote his own bible called the Jefferson Bible. Actually he removed everything he said was not true in the new testament which made for a very small book.
We all see things different at times and I for one know quite well that perception is practically impossible to change. Thomas Paine alluded to that in his letter to his Preacher friend who was arguing that his Christian God was the only true God and the Muslim's God was false. Paine answered that his Muslim friend was of the opinion that his God was the only true God and the Christian God was false. So Paine's conclusion to his Preacher friend was this: The only reason the Christian thinks his God is the true one and the Muslims think their is the true one is because of accident of birth. That my friend is perception.
2 scriptures that has always propelled me to search and research was Hosea 4:6 and 2 Timothy 2:15.
If God's people are destroy for their lack of knowledge and also they have no knowledge of God well, dude, that got my attention.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Trystan
The wild beast in revelation is the governments! The image of the wild beast is the United nations! The image of the wild beast will be used to destroy the great harlot/ False Christians who have committed fornication/ spiritual adultery with the Kings of the earth. These false Christians will worship the wild beast/ governments in that they will look to the governments for answers to the world's problem.

This is not open for debate or discussion! Very soon you will see the UN make an all out attack on these false Christians. Watch and probably not learn

They better hurry up get it launch cause they ain't got much time left............maybe a year and some months.

Lot of truth to that. The Bible is a long story revolving around that.

Which Bibles are blasphemy is open to interpretation by us. The punishment for the sin of blasphemy or its forgiveness falls with Him.

? confused
I'm a little shocked Jag.
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.”

But its ok, I'm done.

Last edited by K22; 10/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon

And too many more think that they can do-good themselves into heaven.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Antlers you hit pretty close to what I believe. Wasn't the bible written
as to how to live your life. It's a personal relationship. The idea its my way or the highway doesn't fly with me but I do respect most interprétations as long as they are proponents of good.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.