Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by goalie
Basically, it's a string of incompetence and negligence that is actually pretty amazing in it's scope.

And that documented pattern is going to lead to some serious coin exchanging hands.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cruzerbotz
This was just in a Fox News article online ......."Moments before the fatal shooting, Assistant Director Dave Halls grabbed a prop gun off the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the application.

"Cold gun," Halls yelled." Halls was the assistant director. So many different stories. Seems like no one knows what happened and they are trying to point fingers in all directions, except AB who failed to exercise basic gun safety.

You might want to go back and the whole thread. What you have posted from Fox has already been posted.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wyoelk
My niece is on that set. She is roommate with the armorer.

Ask her if the deceased was a Biden supporter.

I got a saw that says she was.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Somebody put a live round into a pistol.

I wonder who all wont take a lie detector test.

Of course, being a professional actor and expert lying dimocommie, Alec would probably pass in
f lying colors.

Sounds to me like some chucklehead was doing recreational shooting off to the side, with a prop gun, then placed it back on the armorer's cart. It was never cleared or checked. Not to mention there was no positive control of weapons or ammo on the set.

Layers of incompetence, dereliction, and bad decisions.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Of course, being a professional actor and expert lying dimocommie, Alec would probably pass in
f lying colors.

Sounds to me like some chucklehead was doing recreational shooting off to the side, with a prop gun, then placed it back on the armorer's cart. It was never cleared or checked. Not to mention there was no positive control of weapons or ammo on the set.

John Schneider explained the actual prop guns are unable to be fired with live ammo, but yiu may ne right about real guns they sometimes evidently use.

Be nice to know exactly how the script had him shooting at the camera.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

f lying colors.

John Schneider explained the actual prop guns are unable to be fired with live ammo, but yiu may ne right about real guns they sometimes evidently use.

Be nice to know exactly how the script had him shooting at the camera.

I read that the guns were not from a hollywood prop outfit, but rather, were sourced locally, and are in fact legit firearms.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Something tells me that this will somehow be spun into a call, demand for more Common Sense firearms legislation.

Something like , “See, even with all of the extraordinary firearms safety precautions use in the filming of movies, people still get shot and die, yes it’s true firearms do indeed kill,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
That poor girl who was the armourer wasn’t that confident in her ability it seems. I can’t imagine what she’s going through now.
Baldwin is going to destroy her.

The girl who was armourer pursued and was given that job, even though she had competency doubts.

She is culpable.

Baldwin is the producer of the movie. Producers hire the crew. Baldwin hired her.

Baldwin is culpable as well.

I keep hearing the asst director was the one who handed Baldwin the loaded gun, and said it was a cold gun. That's not his job. It's the armourer's job.

Lots of negligence to go around in this perfect storm.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

f lying colors.

So I was correct in thinking somebody was using these guns for target shooting/ recreation.
I can’t imagine taking guns off of a set like that, let alone returning them without clearing them of live ammo.
Much as I think of Baldwin, other than hiring scabs as crew and possibly talking an incompetent girl into taking on a responsibility she wasn’t ready for, there isn’t much to hang him on.
I guess we’ll see how this turns out, but I’d really have a talk with whoever was fiddling with the set guns. Criminal negligence at the very least.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by shaman

I'm no expert on prop guns. However, I did get approached once years ago to "rent" a real gun to a community theater production. I said "Hell NO!" and walked away. It got me thinking about prop guns. I started looking into it just to get an idea of what was involved.

Somebody who knows more about this is free to correct me. I didn't think live rounds could be fired from a prop gun. Prop guns are modified to only shoot specially prepared blanks. The barrels are modified. Live rounds are nowhere near the set. Furthermore, somebody properly versed in the prop stays in charge of it. It's their job to see it gets properly and safely used.

So the DP gets hit with a live round. From there to the conclusion of the event, everything that comes out of that prop is now purposeful, willful. How many shots were fired? How many people? Why was Alec trying to kill them?

This really stinks.

few years ago i was at a firearms auction in scottsdale, where they were auctioning off a bunch of guns used in the cowboy westerns. there were four or five rugers there, beatuful on the outside, sewers for barrels. I bought the owner of the movies companies ruger, it had a nice barrel. no question it shoots regular 45colt ammo

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There are enough precedents for safety for every commercial activity from sky diving to tourists shooting machine guns. Written protocols should have been in place and signed off on by all principles. Any deviation from established best practices will be deemed gross negligence. Criminal and civil laws differ from state to state. The actors would not be the ones responsible for enforcing best practices but lawyers will always go for the deep pockets and if Baldwin is in fact the producer that would put him deep kimchee. Criminal negligence resulting in a death is possible.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m actually a little surprised here, as I thought that even most of us movie buffs realized that many of the guns used in movies and TV are actually working firearms. I know there are plenty of prop guns and such but I figured at least half were working guns.
From the sound of things, this was Ol’ Alex’s baby from the start, and he was cutting a lot of corners.
If that’s the truth, I’d say his producing and acting days may be numbered. At least we can hope.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now it comes out that that particular revolver, and probably some others, were definitely being shot offset.
Gun was used offset
Too bad there wasn’t a few of us “gun nuts” present when this was going on. A gun person knows to always clear and check a gun after shooting.
I’m thinking maybe movie people, not so much.
7mm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
But if you're told "cold gun", then told to point at the camera for a close up shot of a bad guy getting shot....what would you do ?

I don't know, there's blame to spread around to be honest...but there are professionals heads on the block first, in my honest opinion.

And I HATE the guy, especially after hearing his screaming phone rant against his young daughter.

You check the gun to ensure it is indeed "cold."

Whenever anyone is handed or picks up a gun, weather they have been told that it is "cold" or "hot," their very first duty, is to point the gun in a safe direction and check the firearm. If they are incapable of performing that safety check, then they have no business holding any firearm. Just because an "armorer" may be involved, does not absolve them of this basic and primary responsibility. ANYONE, including big name Hollywood actors, have a duty and an obligation to ensure that they are not putting someone's life in danger by failing to perform this basic safety check. Failing to do so constitutes negligence and culpability. Hollywood actors do not get a pass on gun safety just because they are Hollywood actors.

Frankly, I am surprised this doesn't happen more often. Most of these actors are low-intelligence, Marxist tools that can barely think straight.

Alec Baldwin is a prime example, not to mention he's a fat bastard as well.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/24/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So far, although I've not read every post, no one has mentioned regarding Baldwin's negligence, is that he cocked the single action revolver, aimed at the two people, and then pulled the trigger. If he'd not cocked the revolver, the gun would not have fired and they'd all probably be filming again tomorrow

You can count on the possibility that S.F. Sheriff's homicide detectives will cite that as a possible charge of negligent endangerment" on Baldwin's part.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Noon
You check the gun to ensure it is indeed "cold."
Every. Single. Time.

Without fail.
No matter what.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

It illustrates why almost all of Hollywood needs to just STFU about the 2A and “gun control”

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Right

And Hillary is going to jail too

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 26 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,892
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.