Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Originally Posted by akasparky
Wouldn't a basic road side sobriety test do the job?

No. The effects of weed are not as pronounced as booze. Anybody with a tolerance (i.e., been smoking for some time) for weed could pass a road side sobriety test. Being stoned isn't the same as being drunk.

If you develop and market a road side test for weed, you will be rich.

Not true.

Which part? The weed effect vs. booze? I've never had to be carried out of a place because I was "too stoned". Can't say that about booze.

Passing a FST while stoned? Been a while since my last FST. Perhaps the test has changed. But I can walk a straight line, toe to toe, when stoned. Not so much when drunk.

Or the being stoned isn't the same as being drunk part? See previous comments.

Maybe the quip about getting rich if a roadside test for weed is developed? Please elaborate. The trucking industry would love this type of test. May get them more drivers. It is no different than having a few beers the night before. So you lit up last night. Big deal. You're not stoned the next morning.

Not trolling here. A sincere, honest question. Which, if not all, are not true? Be specific.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 10/23/21.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No. The effects of weed are not as pronounced as booze. Anybody with a tolerance (i.e., been smoking for some time) for weed could pass a road side sobriety test. Being stoned isn't the same as being drunk.

Not true.

Which part? The weed effect vs. booze? I've never had to be carried out of a place because I was "too stoned". Can't say that about booze.

Passing a FST while stoned? Been a while since my last FST. Perhaps the test has changed. But I can walk a straight line, toe to toe, when stoned. Not so much when drunk.

Maybe the quip about getting rich if a roadside test for weed is developed? Please elaborate. The trucking industry would love this type of test. May get them more drivers.

Not trolling here. A sincere, honest question. Which, if not all, are not true? Be specific.

You can determine Marijuana use with sfst's. No matter someone's tolerance. And with the insanely high thc % of weed now, including dabs, edibles, etc someone can be super f'ed up on weed.

A lot goes into a dope dui, to do it right takes good investigation skills and experience since it's not as obvious as booze, but it's not impossible or difficult (if you're a professional).

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Not true.

Maybe the quip about getting rich if a roadside test for weed is developed? Please elaborate. The trucking industry would love this type of test. May get them more drivers.

You can determine Marijuana use with sfst's. No matter someone's tolerance. And with the insanely high thc % of weed now, including dabs, edibles, etc someone can be super f'ed up on weed.

A lot goes into a dope dui, to do it right takes good investigation skills and experience since it's not as obvious as booze, but it's not impossible or difficult (if you're a professional).

But can you determine if a person is presently stoned, or just that there are residuals in their system?

Last edited by prplbkrr; 10/23/21.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not true.

But can you determine if a person is presently stoned, or just that there are residuals in their system?

Presently stoned means nothing. Are they under the influence and incapable of operating a motor vehicle? Yes you can determine that with sfst's. Standardized field sobriety tests test many things, including one's ability for divided attention tasks, IE requiring someone to do multiple tasks at once (walk and turn and one legged stand). HGN is easy with someone on weed as they will have all the physical cues of being high without hgn, and they will usually have lack of convergence. That's a clue......

dui's are a totality of the entire investigation. Why was the stop made? Moving violation? Crash? Equipment violation? What are the behavioral ques? What is observed inside the vehicle? Etc.

It depends on the state for the threshold for a Marijuana dui (usuallystates that have legalized weed). Some have a specific cannabinoid measurement that determines whether someone is dui. Other states simply go by the incapable of operating a motor vehicle wording.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/23/21.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I strongly disagree. "Presently stoned" means everything. If a person lit up last night, they are not "under the influence" the next morning. I have never heard of a stoner hangover. If a person is not under the "intoxicating effects" of weed they will pass a SFST with flying colors, because they are not "under the influence" .

Not sure what you mean by "lack of convergence".

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I strongly disagree. "Presently stoned" means everything. If a person lit up last night, they are not "under the influence" the next morning. I have never heard of a stoner hangover. If a person is not under the "intoxicating effects" of weed they will pass a SFST with flying colors, because they are not "under the influence" .

I get that you don't understand, because you know not what you speak of.....it's OK.

Fyi presently stoned means nothing in a legal sense. But keep trying...

BACK ON TOPIC. Weed has nothing to do with it. The industry has everything to do with it

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/23/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Doesn’t every 38 year old dude that gets out of the Army want to drive a truck for JB Hunt?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The piss tests only detect the residuals from smoking weed, not the intoxicating effects.The residuals may be in your system for up to 30 days after you light up. The intoxicating effects only last a few hours. I agree treat weed the same as booze. But there needs to be a test for intoxication, not residuals.
I would never consent to a field sobriety test. Ever. Wanna go to a breathalyzer or a blood test, fine.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What I understand is that there is a truck driver shortage. If a person is not presently stoned they should be allowed to drive. Ya know, that personal responsibility, liberty, etc. thing. A responsible person will know if they are impaired and should not drive.

If said person is not presently stoned they should not have "lack of convergence". (Yeah, I had to look that one up)

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
60,000 drivers entered into the federal clearinghouse for failing a drug test in the last year or so. (IIRC)

Means that when they try to apply at a new company, new company knows of the failure. Driver has to do certain things to get cleared to drive again.

95% of those drivers are not making that effort. They're simply out of the driving pool.

There is less a shortage of drivers and more too much waste. Drivers spend too much of their allotted time on non revenue generating things.

Detention at load/unload, dead head, trying to find a load etc. 1/3 of a driver's miles are empty in this industry. Reduce that and the amount of drivers we're "short" gets considerably smaller.

Things like Baton, vHub, p44's new data work, Leaf logistics etc are all working on driving out that waste. Flock Freight just hit unicorn status with their series D.

There is a MOUNTAIN of investor dollars pouring into transportation and logistics right now.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
The piss tests only detect the residuals from smoking weed, not the intoxicating effects.The residuals may be in your system for up to 30 days after you light up. The intoxicating effects only last a few hours. I agree treat weed the same as booze. But there needs to be a test for intoxication, not residuals.
I would never consent to a field sobriety test. Ever. Wanna go to a breathalyzer or a blood test, fine.

but but but but but but but but but

Someone might inject vaccine in to you while taking out a blood sample.
And then you’d be all magnetic and stuff 😀

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I get that you don't understand, because you know not what you speak of.....it's OK.

BACK ON TOPIC. Weed has nothing to do with it. The industry has everything to do with it

I understand the legal sense of presently stoned. If the [bleep] is in your system you are screwed, presently stoned or not.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I drove truck during college. We ran double bellie dumps hauling sugar beets to the sugar factory. One day they had a surprise piss test at the factory. There were a couple of dozen trucks with no drivers near the piss test trailer. I had to run each truck through the factory for all the drivers that quit.

Bb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I understand the legal sense of presently stoned. If the [bleep] is in your system you are screwed, presently stoned or not.

Riiiiiiight

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You guys think truck driver is a good job? Long hours, eating garbage, pissing in a milk jug, never home, chaining up in winter, hemorrhoids... F that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by antlers

but but but but but but but but but

Someone might inject vaccine in to you while taking out a blood sample.
And then you’d be all magnetic and stuff 😀

dammit man, stop makin' me laugh.

and maybe not Hunt, but Swift or England. Maybe Cedar Rapids. ( I think that's the Christian outfit, for the Believers ya know)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
You guys think truck driver is a good job? Long hours, eating garbage, pissing in a milk jug, never home, chaining up in winter, hemorrhoids... F that.

For some folks, when you ain't got a job.............................................

any job is a good job.

For others there's the Dole................................................or Mama's basement.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Valsdad

and maybe not Hunt, but Swift or England. Maybe Cedar Rapids. ( I think that's the Christian outfit, for the Believers ya know)
Nah, all the believers are at Covenant Transport.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

For some folks, when you ain't got a job.............................................

any job is a good job.

For others there's the Dole................................................or Mama's basement.

I hear you, but it's not like some average joe off the street can just go get a trucking job. You have to have the skills or training. Walmart is starting people at $19.50 here to stock shelves...

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.