Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
As a kid, my church put on a safe place to trick or treat and had good candy and other snacks. [bleep] the libtards.

NRA Endowment Member

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This video is geared towards believers. Unbelievers can (and do) do anything they want. There are no rules.

As a believer, can anyone name something Godly about halloween?

Good question.

There's all kinds of old and new Testament prohibitions that God gives against the pagan rituals that Halloween is based upon.

Extortion
Fear
Darkness
Death
Satanism and the occult
Child sacrifices

A mother dressing up her little girl in a cute outfit and taking her around to friends and neighbors' houses to share in her joy and excitement at playing dress-up and receiving candy is not ungodly.

Kids aren't symbolically worshipping Satan when they dress up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eat Snickers bars.

I already addressed that in the video.
The children are not satanists. Of course kids like to pretend and play dress up. Why must parents refuse to learn what God thinks about it?
Kids are the innocent victims of crimes throughout the ages.
They were burned alive by the evil druids to the demons they worshiped. There's a very sinister foundation to Halloween that parents and grandparents on the forum should be aware of. It is still a serious satanic unholy day celebrated by Satanists, witches, and various occult religions. They take it seriously. Using a cultural practice that parents raised by gt traditions doesn't change that fact. The devil does everything he can to influence the young to change society. Christians should shape society with God's Word and Good News, Not the devil and his followers.

Arkansas State Capital idol of satan with children looking up to him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ourney-to-the-arkansas-capitol-building/

How many people have been tortured and/or murdered in the name of Christianity?

Here's a half dozen torture methods used by the Spanish Inquisition:

https://historycollection.com/snap-crackle-pop-torture-methods-of-the-spanish-inquisition/4/

That's NOT Christianity.

The Inquisition was carried out by a pseudo"christian" sect that called itself THE Church. Jesus wasn't a part of that religion,some of whose officers carried out the torture of millions of peaceful true believers in Christ.
I saw the book describing such torture yesterday.
My friend asked me if I knew what it was. I did because a former friend, before I trusted my Lord, revealed that he was a satanist as I read from his library.
Like you, he also justified his religious views and animosity toward those So-called christians. That doesn't make you a satanist, but you use the same worn out argument to try to paint the Jesus' true followers to be those evil inquisitors of the Dark Ages.

Yes, they those events were carried out by Christians.
You just committed the "No True Scotsman Fallacy".

No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect their universal generalization from a falsifying counterexample by excluding the counterexample improperly.[1][2][3] Rather than abandoning the falsified universal generalization or providing evidence that would disqualify the falsifying counterexample, a slightly modified generalization is constructed ad-hoc to definitionally exclude the undesirable specific case and counterexamples like it by appeal to rhetoric.[4] This rhetoric takes the form of emotionally charged but nonsubstantive purity platitudes such as "true, pure, genuine, authentic, real", etc.[2][5]

Philosophy professor Bradley Dowden explains the fallacy as an "ad hoc rescue" of a refuted generalization attempt.[1] The following is a simplified rendition of the fallacy:[6]

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by asheepdog
As a kid, my church put on a safe place to trick or treat and had good candy and other snacks. [bleep] the libtards.

It's not the Liberals who are against Halloween.

It's the Far Right Conservatives such as Slappy Hampster....the one's who are so far right they have to worry about falling off the edge of their young, flat earth.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 10/24/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

It's the Far Right Conservatives such as Slappy Hampster....the one's who are so far right they have to worry about falling off the edge of their young, flat earth.

Man...you are on a tear today.

Where ya been?

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Where ya been?

JIm, been busy with life. Hope life's going well for you and your bunch.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If they truly believed, Christians would never celebrate anything. They'd live their entire lives in masochistic self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering to be worthy of the infinite rewards they expect when they're dead. Enjoying anything repudiates their faith.

This is just so wrong, I don't know where to start... Some of the happiest people that have been in my life were Christians to the core. Why would anybody be miserable after they find Christ? Christ didn't say you were exempt from hard times in you life, but he sure helps you to get through them. He also never said you must be miserable to follow me.

Never read that in the Bible either,however, if you listen to some"christians" it certainly would seem that way.

There are always people that take anything to the extreme, no matter what it is. People that want to insult Christianity always point out the ones that are fringe, hoping their hate sticks.. I've know some people that are just miserable, wallow in it, and they inject it into everything, including their faith. I can say there are some fringe "churches" that are the same way. They are only doing harm to the Gospel and give the haters ammo. Thankfully, these people are a minority.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Soon we will all be back to a good peine forte de dure for eating candy on the 31st of October.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 10/24/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Where ya been?

JIm, been busy with life. Hope life's going well for you and your bunch.

As well as we have a right to.

Good to see you back.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Flat earth fable is another one of those lies propagated by atheists, satanists and various other a who hate christianity. Your argument is intended to discredit christianity and it's Founder by interjecting false narratives that were not held by christians.
BTW, I know what a true Bible believing Christian is.
They weren't the poope's and Cardinals' inquisiting soldiers.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC.

Short of reference to a video, how do you know that you are a Christian?

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Come again happy? You addressed it in the video?

That means you made the video, right?

How about it happy?

Still waiting. Are you pimping your own videos on here happy?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Hastings
We "Christians" celebrate other holidays with pagan origin. What' wrong with one more? Sol Invictus became Christmas, the pagan fertility festival was co-opted for Easter. What's the harm? And if it is harmful maybe Christmas and Easter need to go.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If they truly believed, Christians would never celebrate anything. They'd live their entire lives in masochistic self-denial, sacrifice, and suffering to be worthy of the infinite rewards they expect when they're dead. Enjoying anything repudiates their faith.
Jesus himself addressed this when he pointed out that John was criticized for living a life of self denial and he Jesus was criticized for drinking and eating. I think Jesus was very social, not self denying, and enjoyed eating and drinking.
Jesus did not celebrate darkness and death. He celebrated light and life.Jesus was certainly not social with the pharisees and sadducees. He made them hate him by telling the Truth. I don't believe you know the Truth. You prove it every time I read a post of yours about faith and the Bible.
Huh?

Yea, Ricky's religious position is on the way out there, Young Earth Creationist side of things.....

I have a Baptist preacher friend who is a young earth man and a complete inundation of the earth flood man. He proves the flood by the seashells in a cave somewhere in Latin America at 8000 feet elevation. I found out his young earth belief when I told him a rise of the colliding plates of1/4 inch a year would only take 384,000 years to get that cave 8000 feet above sea level.

Last edited by Hastings; 10/24/21. Reason: added last sentence

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Three observation of Halloween is a recognition of the Taurid meteor stream. Nothing else.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like Reese's peanut butter cups.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
Brach’s Candy Corn and Mellowcreme Pumpkins are the bomb too.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Brach’s Candy Corn and Mellowcreme Pumpkins are the bomb too.

I’m stocking up on both the day after Halloween. 😬

Half price sale Baby !

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/24/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Reprobate!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Reprobate!

Mixing of races??????

Theys Miscegenated!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Flat earth fable is another one of those lies propagated by atheists, satanists and various other a who hate christianity. Your argument is intended to discredit Christianity and it's Founder by interjecting false narratives that were not held by christians.
BTW, I know what a true Bible believing Christian is.
They weren't the poope's and Cardinals' inquisiting soldiers.

Tomás de Torquemada was a Dominican friar. The Dominican order was approved by Pope Honorius III via the papal bull Religiosam vitam on 22 December 1216. In other words the leader of the Spanish Inquisition held membership in an order approved by the papacy.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

My favorite. Snickers come in a close second.

Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.