Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by deflave
Gruff and I used to live near a real ass hole that was always trying to claim he owned a public road.

Fugked up one of Flave’s coyote hunts and this spot was really good until I showed it to Gruff.

But anyway, I got a hold of a County Commissioner and he answered 100% that the dude was wrong. He got in touch with him and corrected him.

I don’t recall running into the guy ever again. But like I mentioned I didn’t go there as often as before because Gruff called it every day for two months after I showed it to him.

Ruined your favorite sledding spot did he? LOL

You’re jealous of our sledding endeavors because you can’t make friends.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Show us on the doll where the Big Bad BGG touched you LOL

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Gruff and I used to live near a real ass hole that was always trying to claim he owned a public road.

Fugked up one of Flave’s coyote hunts and this spot was really good until I showed it to Gruff.

But anyway, I got a hold of a County Commissioner and he answered 100% that the dude was wrong. He got in touch with him and corrected him.

I don’t recall running into the guy ever again. But like I mentioned I didn’t go there as often as before because Gruff called it every day for two months after I showed it to him.

😆 can’t trust anyone with the super secret spots..

He said because it was public it’s OK.

I still disagree.

That’s what they always say after they get busted…

He’s self absorbed.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Show us on the doll where the Big Bad BGG touched you LOL

The penis area.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by coyote268
Many many years ago in Alpine County CA. we went up this road where we knew Deer were mi9grating out of the high country. Got there but there was a gate blocking it. We checked our forest service maps and sure as heck it was blocking a public access road. We went back to the little local grocery store and talked to the owner about it and how we were going to open it up. He was a nice guy and advised us not to do it as the locals put the gate up to keep outsiders out of the prime area. He also said the sheriff would give us a bad time and being elected he did what the locals wanted he to do. So we went to the nearest forest service office and complained and they just shucked us off. To my knowledge, that gate is still up today.

Of established National Forest Service roads, that were actually designated roads, I have seen far, far many more closed to public access by the National Forest Service themselves, than all other reasons combined.

The greenies they have running the place now don't want you in "their national forest land"............ OR the ranchers either, for that matter.

Yep, The Forest Service and BLM are the biggest road closers in central Idaho. You are absolutely correct about the greenies running it to their agenda - the only multiple use they want to allow is hiking and bicycling on public access. No logging, no livestock grazing, many areas are closed to hunting and shooting.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The old timers around Miles City were great for letting you on their land. Many passed away and some land was sold or passed on. The hunters didn't change the landowners did. We quit hunting there that was a long time ago. I was told à rancher wouldn't let anyone on their land. He had a praire fire nobody came to help him put it out. I treasure the landowners that let me and my family hunt. It's a friendship thats "paid" with 30 packs of beer. Most hunters will not jeporize their privilège. I imagine it depends on where you live. Not saying landowners don't have problems but is it sometimes used as an excuse. Many times landowners have family and friends hunting and when they fill out they will let you on.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Much land access has been lost to the public, because of vandalism and failure to leave gates as they were.
Many out here are spread too thin to babysit every hunter.

That's pretty much what happened with my inlaw's property. My FIL would let almost anyone hunt, but he'd have them come by his office, look at the map he had there with a plexiglass sheet over it and mark out the area that the person had permission to trespass on, along with the dates and times. When my FIL passed, my MIL and BIL tried to keep it going, but too many people thought that having had permission to hunt in the past was an open invitation to continue to have acess to the ground whenever they wanted to and with whoever they wanted to bring with them. My BIL lives near the farms and didn't want to get into it with anyone, so my MIL closed it to all trespassing/hunting/trapping and left it to me to enforce it. I didn't live in the area, so I don't have a problem tearing down treestands or blinds and calling the sheriff and/or CO about trespassers. Being the trespassing police is a PITA and has prety much ruined firearms deer hunting for me in Nebraska. Since August 1st I've torn down 3 ladder stands and a stand with climbing poles, about average. I drag them out to the nearest maintained county road, then cut them up with a sawzall and leave the pile for the scrappers to pick up. If they have named on them, I try to contact the owner to let him/her know where his/her tree stand is. They expect it to be in the condition that they left it, but it never quite is. The farms are all fenced and no trespassing signs posted as required, so there is no question about where the boundrys are, all surveyed and marked within the past 3 years.

There a poster several years ago on here from Nebraska that freely admitted they had a big chunk of BLM landlocked with their private ground. They were insistent that they had the right to deny access and treat it as if it was their own. Though they hold no deed, and pay no taxes on it. I can’t remember the name, was it you by any chance?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

😆 can’t trust anyone with the super secret spots..

He said because it was public it’s OK.

I still disagree.

That’s what they always say after they get busted…

He’s self absorbed.

And you’re full of shidt about the coyote spot lol

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Oh how quickly we forget.

And by the way, you would never let people cross your private land to access the public land behind it.

Stop kidding around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s even worse than your friends is when you catch your wife out there hunting the spot you showed her. That bitch..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What’s even worse than your friends is when you catch your wife out there hunting the spot you showed her. That bitch..

I’m a huge fan of domestic violence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t know if I should punch her or the secret spot.

Sucks being cheated on..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don’t know if I should punch her or the secret spot.

Sucks being cheated on..

Both.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Ted Turner has a pretty good sized piece of BLM landlocked at his Montana holdings and he doesn't let anyone have access to it. Actually BLM and Forest Service landlocked pieces are pretty common in Montana. I recall that 30 years or so ago there was a Sportsmans coalition trying to get something done about alloseing access to BLM/Forest Service land but I don't think it ever got anywhere.

Near Boise, Idaho there is a Texas landowner who has a Forest Service road gated and will not let anyone through, there have been complaints about it to the Forest Service but the last I read it was still gated. It cut off a lot of hunting access near the Boise area.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...o-wildlife-federation-says/277-618544197

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by drover
Ted Turner has a pretty good sized piece of BLM landlocked at his Montana holdings and he doesn't let anyone have access to it. Actually BLM and Forest Service landlocked pieces are pretty common in Montana. I recall that 30 years or so ago there was a Sportsmans coalition trying to get something done about alloseing access to BLM/Forest Service land but I don't think it ever got anywhere.

Near Boise, Idaho there is a Texas landowner who has a Forest Service road gated and will not let anyone through, there have been complaints about it to the Forest Service but the last I read it was still gated. It cut off a lot of hunting access near the Boise area.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...o-wildlife-federation-says/277-618544197

drover

Does no one own a battery operated 4" grinder in all of Boise? Do they not sell them?

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

And by the way, you would never let people cross your private land to access the public land behind it.

Stop kidding around.

Spin your bullshidt lmao.

If I had a piece of public that was fully surrounded by mine I would have tried to buy it. But daddy didn’t leave me a ranch, and barring the lotto it ain’t gonna happen. Disallowing public access is bullshidt. And character assassination to say what I’d do in your imaginary scenario lol.

A guy has the absolute right to do what he wants with his land. Public land isn’t his land.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My inlaws had a section of BLM that was landlocked inside a ranch that they owned. My FIL had it surveyed and fenced so that there wasn't any question about what was deeded and what was BLM. The last guy from BLM who I spoke to about that lease told me that the only people with an implied easement across the deed land to the BLM land would be the grazing lease holder and the BLM peronnel. My inlaws held the grazing lease on that section of BLM, as did the previous owner, and I believe that the current owner has the grazing lease now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My inlaws had a section of BLM that was landlocked inside a ranch that they owned. My FIL had it surveyed and fenced so that there wasn't any question about what was deeded and what was BLM. The last guy from BLM who I spoke to about that lease told me that the only people with an implied easement across the deed land to the BLM land would be the grazing lease holder and the BLM peronnel. My inlaws held the grazing lease on that section of BLM, as did the previous owner, and I believe that the current owner has the grazing lease now.

Screw BLM, that’s just helping another government agency screw the public. BS excuse

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Stop kidding around.

If I had a piece of public that was fully surrounded by mine I would have tried to buy it. But daddy didn’t leave me a ranch, and barring the lotto it ain’t gonna happen. Disallowing public access is bullshidt. And character assassination to say what I’d do in your imaginary scenario lol.

A guy has the absolute right to do what he wants with his land. Public land isn’t his land.

If I asked to cut across your property you would say no.

You are a land bully, and you do not respect other people’s findings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Stop kidding around.

If I asked to cut across your property you would say no.

You are a land bully, and you do not respect other people’s findings.

I bet if you weren’t looking he’d kick your dog too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.