Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

Can I assume you’re saying “you are spirit filled, and thusly a shepherd of men” ?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I listened to a debate and came away with the idea that he did not believe in the deity of Christ. What do you think about that?
I am glad you brought this up. How is it that we believe in one God and believe Jesus was God?

By faith we trust His revelation to mankind through His written Word. In the beginning, He described Himself and said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness."
Later the Father said,
"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom."

There are numerous references in the old and many more in the new covenant/ testament that refer to the Godhood/Godhead in the plural while telling us that He is one God. I have plenty of details on this, but little time now to explain.
One example that Jesus IS God is His demonstration of many more miracles than any person He healed through the prophets. He did creation miracles just as He did in the beginning of time. No team of scientists today has ever done what Jesus did as many thousands of witnesses saw. Jesus proved that He is fully God and man.

Who the heck was he praying to?

He addressed the Father in His prayers. He taught us how to properly pray. He humbled Himself and took upon the form of sinless man. Who was Jesus before He came to the earth? ....an angel? No, He was the Almighty Creator.....Deity/ God.
When He became a man, in the unique virgin conception, Jesus suffered weakness, and what was common to any man without means. Now He was an acceptable Sacrifice, the only One qualified to pay for sins. We cannot pay for our own sins through martyrdom or any other good works. We remain under the penalty of death, the second death until we give up and realize our need. Then we look to Jesus alone, the Savior, for salvation from that eternal punishment. The Father forgives us and imparts the free gift of everlasting life. From that point on, it is not a probationary period based upon behavior. Rather, we are in the family of God forever. He treats us with love and we will never experience that second death in hell. When we mess up and sin, He corrects us here and now, but receives us in spite of that.

Do you believe it is necessary to believe in the virgin birth?

One reason that God told us of this major prophesy is that it IS essential that we understand who Jesus really is.
If you think that he is the offspring of the carpenter Joseph, then you believe in a different Jesus. That Jesus is not the only begotten Son of God as He revealed Himself in no uncertain terms in John chapter 3.
If He were just a man, then He would have sinned and been disqualified from the substitution suffering and death for the sinful world.
If he were but a man, Jesus would not be the mediator between God the Father and mankind.
As God the Father of His only begotten Son, Jesus is the only One to meet these requirements. When He was tortured for all of our sins and hung between heaven and earth, He was the only go between to reconcile humanity to the Father.
This same Jesus must be believed upon as revealed by the Holy Scriptures that the Holy Spirit inspired and preserved for us to read. The third chapter of John will be linked below for your convenience and study

Can salvation be obtained if one discards the writings of Paul and concentrates on the teachings of the old testament and John and Jesus?

Jesus explained to the O.T. scholar in John 3 who spent his life studying nothing more than the O.T.
Jesus gave Nicodemus everything he needed to have the free gift of salvation....3:14-18.

Examine your beliefs and let me know your thoughts.
OK, so there you go. God is very kind to offer forgiveness and everlasting life. The choice is up to you and each individual if you want that free gift.
It's very simple.

I am not going to get into private communication with you.

That goes for both of us, because I'm working through breaks and don't have time to take calls today. Otherwise, I have an open door policy for whoever wants that option.

Here's a blessing.
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-Chapter-3/

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/26/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
HC: I am glad yo replied but could you send it again with the text in white? I cant read that green text.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by krp

Jesus' church is lead through the Holy Spirit, not a pulpit, not some man's words, not a confined in a book.

God uses Spirit filled people to shepherd His flock. It has been that way since the beginning. Many of those people are in the pulpit.

Probably in the Pulpit with a Playboy and an old sock.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I used to pass out Smart pills on Halloween.Kid would take a taste and say gee mister"That taste like Chit".I would tell them ,see you are getting smart already.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The ratio of ásshole posts to hot chicks in costume posts is waaaay too high.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
HC: I am glad yo replied but could you send it again with the text in white? I cant read that green text.

Did you read the new darker font?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Yes sir I read it. How about check out Mark 10:18. The only interpretation of that has to be Jesus saying he is not God. When he makes some other statements I feel sure he is saying to people that when you hear what he says you are hearing God. Like the U.S. Secretary of State might say "I speak for the president".

You know Jesus' message was nothing new. He was pointing out how far the religious leaders of the day had gone way wrong. They and their Roman allies killed him for it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Yes sir I read it. How about check out Mark 10:18. The only interpretation of that has to be Jesus saying he is not God. When he makes some other statements I feel sure he is saying to people that when you hear what he says you are hearing God. Like the U.S. Secretary of State might say "I speak for the president".

You know Jesus' message was nothing new. He was pointing out how far the religious leaders of the day had gone way wrong. They and their Roman allies killed him for it.

Is Jesus good?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H/C: We are not going to play that game. Goodnight

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I listened to a debate and came away with the idea that he did not believe in the deity of Christ. What do you think about that?
I am glad you brought this up. How is it that we believe in one God and believe Jesus was God? Who the heck was he praying to? Do you believe it is necessary to believe in the virgin birth? Can salvation be obtained if one discards the writings of Paul and concentrates on the teachings of the old testament and John and Jesus? Examine your beliefs and let me know your thoughts. I am not going to get into private communication with you.

Game?

I answered your questions thoroughly.
After that you will not even respond to any of it, except for one reference ?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/26/21.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Who cares? But I do shut all my lights off so the little foggers don't call. smile.

I eat the wife- bought candy myself.

Last edited by las; 10/26/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I am glad you brought this up. How is it that we believe in one God and believe Jesus was God? Who the heck was he praying to? Do you believe it is necessary to believe in the virgin birth? Can salvation be obtained if one discards the writings of Paul and concentrates on the teachings of the old testament and John and Jesus? Examine your beliefs and let me know your thoughts. I am not going to get into private communication with you.

Game?

I answered your questions thoroughly.
After that you will not even respond to any of it, except for one reference ?

Are your eyes brown ?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

Can you see the irony of demanding that people answer your queries while you typically don’t give direct answers? Referring people to videos and feigning martyrdom when you are asked direct specific questions isn’t helpful to anyone.

You leave people with the idea that you are either not able to articulate your own thoughts, deceptive because you won’t engage in deeper discussions unless you control the conversation or that you are simply a sock puppet.

Which category do you fit into?

Last edited by IZH27; 10/27/21.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
HC

Can you see the irony of demanding that people answer your queries while you typically don’t give direct answers? Referring people to videos and feigning martyrdom when you are asked direct specific questions isn’t helpful to anyone.

You leave people with the idea that you are either not able to articulate your own thoughts, deceptive because you won’t engage in deeper discussions unless you control the conversation or that you are simply a sock puppet.

Which category do you fit into?

Very well said thanks

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Sock puppet with an agenda...

Who would act as purposely derisive, link some of the most unsavory or outright ignorant examples of alleged ministry available?

He's a wolf in sheep dog clothing, his agenda is obvious.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by krp

Can I assume you’re saying “you are spirit filled, and thusly a shepherd of men” ?

🦫

I wrote what I meant. The two sentences could not be more clear.

I simply stated what is clear in the Bible.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

Who would act as purposely derisive, link some of the most unsavory or outright ignorant examples of alleged ministry available?

Kent

Are you a Christian?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Are you a Christian?

You are a fugging retard.

I am MAGA.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Are you a Christian?

You've read enough of my commentary... you have an agenda asking me that question, just go ahead and tell me why I'm not.

Kent

Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,725
Posts18,475,848
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.