Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
So much swirling around in my head right now, I'll sum up as best I can.
Dutch: guess you're right about me. I do have a rather unique set of skills that essentially put me in the running for two categories of work. One is exceedingly lucrative and would eventually lead to jail or exile. The other is government contracting because......
Marshhawk: I happen to be a retired Green Beret and am currently a government contractor. So it's get the jab or not work.
I'll add that I got an email today that "attestation" of the jab is no longer enough. A government compliance committee has been formed and require proof of vacation.
Gentlemen, if this ain't the brown shirts resurrected I don't don't know what is.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by JoeBob
In about six months these companies are going to have to grovel and pay these guys a third more or more to get them to come back to work.

Six months?

Who is getting vaccinated? Followers, and those who are worried about losing their job because they know they are employed at or above their abilities to deliver value to their employers.

Who is not getting vaccinated? Independent minded folks, not worried about getting fired because they know they are more valuable to a half dozen other employers than the one they are working for.

Says the self employed carp farmer lol

MAGA
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have 3 weeks left before I get the jab or lose my job, I have 3 years left before I'm 62, I was in the navy for 21 years retired and I've been a flight simulator tech for 20 years and now this.
WTF

FJB
If you don't know what FJB stands for it's what I think about that
cockroach in the White House

Last edited by byd; 10/28/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

They are going to break this country or this country is going to break them.

So which will it be?

We’re going to break it off in your ass.

So you haven't the slightest idea. Just babbling.
No just jerking!
gfy

When was the last time you did anything constructive?

I mean, like ever.

Just curious.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well around 70% of the adult population is reported to have been vaxxed, if you believe those numbers...............I think it's less, probably closer to 55-60%.

And of that 55-70% number, you have a very high % of non-working people of various ages, with a heavy % of retirees as they were/are considered most at risk, either real or not, so they've gotten jabbed.

So, of the 30-45% not vaxxed, you have a very high % of gainfully employed people & if half of them decide not to get jabbed, the impact on the workforce is much higher than just the % of the population being unvaxxed might indicate at 1st glance.

I think things are pretty likely to come to a screeching halt in many segments of the economy in the not too distant future if .guv & employers continue to insist of being vaxxed to work..................& if that's the case, Biden is going to be eating a lot of crow schitt as things grind to a halt.

And, hopefully, Bill DeBlasio is buried in garbage within a week or so.

MM

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

So which will it be?

No just jerking!
gfy

I mean, like ever.

Just curious.

Few months back when Trump got beat.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can’t retire, but I could go two or three years without making a dime and not miss a lick. Luckily, I’m self employed, with some options.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I worry the commies know exactly what they are doing. I've worried they'd start to use psychographics instead of just demographics to discriminate against people. Psycograpics, they way a person thinks, is much more powerful then demographics like race, gender, and religion. Plus it's easier for them to come up with a way to discriminate against a pshycographic segment and make it look legitimate. Kind of like oh your one of those guys that doesn't want the government telling you what to put in your body, your fired.

They know that a large segment of the people who won't get jabbed don't trust the government. What a great opportunity for the government to not only identify those that don't fall in line but to punish them and get them out of government organizations and the military. Biden would love to see half the military fired because he thinks most of those are conservatives or minorities with trust issues that don't always fall in line. This is the lefts excuse for a great purge of those that might not embrace their dogma.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The great purge has already begun and the supply chain interruption is by design not by chance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

So which will it be?

No just jerking!
gfy

I mean, like ever.

Just curious.

Few months back when Trump got beat.

What? You donate your gerbil brain to science?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Coming soon: America's own social credit system

08/03/21 09:00 AM EDT

The new domestic “War on Terror,” kicked off by the riot on Jan. 6, has prompted several web giants to unveil predecessors to what effectively could become a soft social credit system by the end of this decade. Relying on an indirect hand from D.C., our social betters in corporate America will attempt to force the most profound changes our society has seen during the internet era.

China’s social credit system is a combination of government and business surveillance that gives citizens a “score” that can restrict the ability of individuals to take actions — such as purchasing plane tickets, acquiring property or taking loans — because of behaviors. Given the position of several major American companies, a similar system may be coming here sooner than you think.

Last week, PayPal announced a partnership with the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to “investigate” the role of “white supremacists” and propagators of “anti-government” rhetoric, subjective labels that potentially could impact a large number of groups or people using their service. PayPal says the collected information will be shared with other financial firms and politicians. Facebook is taking similar measures, recently introducing messages that ask users to snitch on their potentially “extremist” friends, which considering the platform’s bias seems mainly to target the political right. At the same time, Facebook and Microsoft are working with several other web giants and the United Nations on a database to block potential extremist content.

The actions of these major companies may seem logical in an internet riddled with scams and crime. After all, nobody will defend far-right militias or white supremacist groups using these platforms for their odious goals. However, the same issue with government censorship exists with corporate censorship: If there is a line, who draws it? Will the distinction between mundane politics and extremism be a “I’ll know it when I see it” scenario, as former Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart described obscenity? If so, will there be individuals able to unilaterally remove people’s effective ability to use the internet? Could a Facebook employee equate Ben Shapiro with David Duke, and remove his account?

The implications of these crackdown efforts will be significantly more broad than just prohibiting Donald Trump from tweeting at 3 a.m. Young people cannot effectively function in society if blocked from using Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Uber, Amazon, PayPal, Venmo and other financial transaction systems. Some banking platforms already have announced a ban on certain legal purchases, such as firearms. The growth of such restrictions, which will only accelerate with support from (usually) left-wing politicians, could create a system in which individuals who do not hold certain political views could be blocked from polite society and left unable to make a living.

The potential scope of the soft social credit system under construction is enormous. The same companies that can track your activities and give you corporate rewards for compliant behavior could utilize their powers to block transactions, add surcharges or restrict your use of products. At what point does free speech — be it against biological males playing in girls’ sports, questioning vaccine side effects, or advocating for gun rights — make someone a target in this new system? When does your debit card get canceled over old tweets, your home loan denied for homeschooling your kids, or your eBay account invalidated because a friend flagged you for posting a Gadsden flag?

Federal fingerprints aren’t directly on recent actions — yet. The creation of a “Digital Dollar” would put an exclamation point on a new social credit score. Working in conjunction with major tech companies, citizens not convicted of a crime could lose their ability to transact any business. In time, decentralized forms of money, such as cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, may be the main means for dissidents to operate — as long as the federal government doesn’t move to squash them. If the Fed and members of Congress are skeptical of crypto now, its use by political undesirables could lead to a furtive effort to severely restrict or ban these currencies.

Until and unless there is an organized pushback, our future could track with those of increasingly illiberal societies. Just last week, the British government announced its own version of a health social credit system. China’s system was announced only seven years ago. Considering the growth of algorithms and dependence on tech giants, the ability to track, censor and eventually punish ordinary citizens will be mindboggling by 2030. America’s descent into a 21st century Gilded Age directed by tech titans isn’t an inevitability. However, do you know anyone who would take a 5 percent Amazon coupon in exchange for a “call to action”? Or someone who would replace their Facebook profile picture to avoid being locked out?

Peer pressure, trendy movements, and the ability to comply with the new system with the click of a mouse combine all of the worst elements of dopamine-chasing Americans. As it grows in breadth and power, what may be most surprising about our new social credit system won’t be collective fear of it, but rather how quickly most people will fall in line.

Kristin Tate is a libertarian writer and an analyst for Young Americans for Liberty. She is an author whose latest book is “How Do I Tax Thee? A Field Guide to the Great American Rip-Off.”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by deflave
FDNY just told DeFaggio his city is fugked.

LOL

After supporting the Democrats because they are all "Pro-Union", Now the Unions need to call in their markers.

Last edited by Hancock27; 10/29/21.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
I would be interested to know what our Special Forces think of all this? Delta. Seals, Green Berets etc. I am guessing by the time you get to Delta the US must have millions of dollars invested in you but I have no idea for sure. I know we have some folks here that were in SF. How do you replace these folks? You cannot do it overnight. Their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan are priceless. How do you train new Soldiers and Sailors in SF if the the guys training SF tell you to FUGG OFF with the jab. I am not trying to minimize our regular Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors in all this.
I guess billions and trillions is peanuts to millions. But it puts our Country at great risk. FUGG I can't even learn Spanish how do I learn Russian and Chinese?

Depends on how you define replace.

You, me? A checklist. Following precedent, looking for advise on how to improve.

Biteme Brandon? Fire a thousand. Replace them with other people in
uniform.

If I'm stuck in Afganistan and top tier guys are sent to get me.
I'm hoping it's NOT, going to be an Affirmative Action/Diversity/cobbled
together unit they send.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/29/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess that I'm not the only one that sees the historical pattern.

Get rid of the established military and LE and replace them with those that are more "loyal" to the rulers.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep Pat,
And most of us weren't in a position to even know Obama
had done just that. But should have guessed.

Trump sure didn't know.

His Generals and Admirals that he bragged about were his biggest
mistake. He naively trusted the military and believed that anyone
who rose to that level had to be smart, honest, and basically good.

An easy mistake to make if one is a patriotic American.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm faced with wrecking a nearly 28 year career because of the laced juice. I won't be polluting my body with it.

I've never been let go for any reason. It's a shame it's coming to this.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigNate
I'm faced with wrecking a nearly 28 year career because of the laced juice. I won't be polluting my body with it.

I've never been let go for any reason. It's a shame it's coming to this.

Nate, they may not be able to do without you, despite the threats. There is massive pushback out there. Biden and the other chkunts in the white house don't have any problem destroying the country. But, when their block of the recipient class they depend on for support turns against them because they can't get krab legs and Popeye's chikkin sammiches or the CRT debacle reaches a zenith, the schit will hit them in the face.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.