Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by minengr
Why wouldn't they? The question is about as stupid as should Christians play D&D?

Martin Luther posted his 95 theses on 10/31/1517. Today was Reformation Sunday. I have an ancestor that studied with Luther and was considered the "Danish" Martin Luther. So the day has meaning for me, just for different reasons.

Interesting....
Was he a major missionary in that part of Europe?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Jesus shows up on earth and He launches something brand new; a brand new kind of relationship with God, a brand new covenant, and a brand new movement; He launches the church. And then He died, and when He died it was like “game over.” And then He rose from the dead and punctuated everything He taught and everything He claimed to be. And then He freed His movement from the Mosaic Law, and then He left.

And basically His first century followers were left with a resurrection religion; not a lot to go on…they were fired up and excited because they saw someone die and then later on they had breakfast with Him. Not a common occurrence; but they were absolutely convinced.

But they were left with an assortment of parables and teachings and some commands; and there were some miracles that He’d done. But that’s pretty much what these early followers of Jesus had to go on. And Paul, who wrote about half of the New Testament, he didn’t start writing for about 20 or 25 years; and even the things that he wrote weren’t widely circulated for about 5 or 10 years afterwards.

So for the first 50 or so years of the church, all they really had were the teachings of Jesus based on eyewitness accounts of those who heard Him teach, who’d began to write these things down and circulate them. What would it be like to be a Jesus follower like those early first century Jesus followers if all we had were what Jesus taught as it related to how we’re to live our lives…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
So Jesus shows up on earth and He launches something brand new; a brand new kind of relationship with God, a brand new covenant, and a brand new movement; He launches the church. And then He died, and when He died it was like “game over.” And then He rose from the dead and punctuated everything He taught and everything He claimed to be. And then He freed His movement from the Mosaic Law, and then He left.

And basically His first century followers were left with a resurrection religion; not a lot to go on…they were fired up and excited because they saw someone die and then later on they had breakfast with Him. Not a common occurrence; but they were absolutely convinced.

But they were left with an assortment of parables and teachings and some commands; and there were some miracles that He’d done. But that’s pretty much what these early followers of Jesus had to go on. And Paul, who wrote about half of the New Testament, he didn’t start writing for about 20 or 25 years; and even the things that he wrote weren’t widely circulated for about 5 or 10 years afterwards.

So for the first 50 or so years of the church, all they really had were the teachings of Jesus based on eyewitness accounts of those who heard Him teach, who’d began to write these things down and circulate them. What would it be like to be a Jesus follower like those early first century Jesus followers if all we had were what Jesus taught as it related to how we’re to live our lives…?

No they didn't. They had the Stars...............................look up.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by smokepole

It never ceases to amaze me how a few folks condone the evil and condemn the good.

It never ceases to amaze me the degree to which you judge your fellow man.

What does the Bible say about that?

I don't live your life or care about your little unholy day.
I hope you will realize your self righteousness works are worthless with God. I hope you realize that He is more impressed with His Son's Sacrifice than you have been before it's too late. I'm not the one you have a gripe with, it's God . Take it up with Him if you don't like what He says.

Isaiah was told by God to write this ....

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness!..."

Romans 12

"Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."

Today is the day of salvation. VVVVVVVVVV

You wouldn't know if his works are good or not. It is very apparent you have NO knowledge of God....................NONE!

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Did they record what Jesus said? Where would one find His teachings?

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/31/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Did they record what Jesus said?
Eventually, in the New Testament manuscripts.
Where would one find His teachings?
Prior to the New Testament manuscripts…all they had were the teachings of Jesus remembered by those who heard Jesus teach.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Prior to the New Testament manuscripts…all they had were the teachings of Jesus remembered by those who heard Jesus teach.

Those teachings were pre Bible and pre Jesus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
Those teachings were pre Bible
I agree.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You forgot the pre Jesus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Understanding the value of actively listening to other’s in the discussion, and tolerating opposing viewpoints, and being open-minded ~ does not equate to agreeing with what is said.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by smokepole

It never ceases to amaze me how a few folks condone the evil and condemn the good.

It never ceases to amaze me the degree to which you judge your fellow man.

What does the Bible say about that?

I don't live your life or care about your little unholy day.
I hope you will realize your self righteousness works are worthless with God. I hope you realize that He is more impressed with His Son's Sacrifice than you have been before it's too late. I'm not the one you have a gripe with, it's God . Take it up with Him if you don't like what He says.

Isaiah was told by God to write this ....

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness!..."

Romans 12

"Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."

Today is the day of salvation. VVVVVVVVVV

You wouldn't know if his works are good or not. It is very apparent you have NO knowledge of God....................NONE!

I'm sure that we all have a pile of dirty diapers to toss onto the pile. Throw some more on it. Do those good self righteous deeds purify that pile?

Your statement is not correct.
"As it is written, there is none righteous, no not one."

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..."

"It's not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us...". ( Context here is addressing only those saved by rejection of their own good works of adult depends.)

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/31/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Yet Another religious train wreck.
I see it differently man. I see discussions as bein’ a pretty good thing.

Agree.
Would be nice to read points, counterpoints without all of the unnecessary derision and name calling.

But it is what it is. Pick through the horse $hit to find the oat seeds.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know which ones you are pointing to, but the video and Bible I posted is neither of what you described. You don't have to agree, but please don't refer to God's Word in those terms IF you were.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

I don't know which ones you are pointing to, but the video and Bible I posted is neither of what you described. You don't have to agree, but please don't refer to God's Word in those terms IF you were.

If you’re talking to me you’re way off base.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, we need to wrap this up with a concise definitive answer to the OP. Time is of the essence!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I'm on my way to the Halloween party and I will thank Jesus for the food and liquid refreshment.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RufusG
Okay, we need to wrap this up with a concise definitive answer to the OP. Time is of the essence!

Halloween... Jesus doesn't care...

Kent

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever floats your boat and causes no harm to others.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Just in time! Thanks Kent. Was not looking forward to downing all these Snickers bars myself.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Jesus may not, but the Baptists sure do.

I am MAGA.
Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1lesfox, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,714
Posts18,514,101
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.