Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lotsa bitter tears here

Brother Gruff, the odds are against a man finding a decent woman these days.....

That unfortunately seems a fair assessment. Though I gotta believe they are out there.

MAGA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by keith
I really screwed up in not marrying my wife within 3 months of meeting her...took me 4 years....what a waste!

I did the same dumb thing

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Your theory was and is, bullshit.

Proven by your own marital prowess.

K Dude, find me a society, past or present, without rules about who sleeps with whom (AKA marriage).

I got twenty years out of my own marriage, have a son and a granddaughter. That woman gave me the best years of her life, suffered three ectopic pregnancies and the chemo/surgery aftermath trying to give us children, did me a huge favor leaving when she did.

I got no complaints.

Not playin word games.

Marriage as an institution is a AD concept.

Humans formed units/couples through survival of the fittest for a million years.

When Ug kicked Theena ta the curb, he didn't hafta bring her anymore of his kills.

And things was just fine.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WMR
I don’t get the joke about threatening violence if a wife opts out. Really pretty sick when you think about it. Lots of women live in real fear of crap like that. I wouldn’t care to hear my son in law talk that way.

I’d imagine there are quite a few things you don’t get. And it wasn’t a joke. Actions have consequences. There is no closed season on sanchos.

Cucks abound

Was actually responding to the “make a dateline episode out of ya” thing, not anything you had posted. But whatever. Anyone who thinks threats of violence are the way to maintain a relationship is likely a pretty lousy human being.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I listened to a NPR podcast on “ the hookup culture” that apparently is in colleges now, wow what a mess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR
I don’t get the joke about threatening violence if a wife opts out. Really pretty sick when you think about it. Lots of women live in real fear of crap like that. I wouldn’t care to hear my son in law talk that way.

I’d imagine there are quite a few things you don’t get. And it wasn’t a joke. Actions have consequences. There is no closed season on sanchos.

Cucks abound

Was actually responding to the “make a dateline episode out of ya” thing, not anything you had posted. But whatever. Anyone who thinks threats of violence are the way to maintain a relationship is likely a pretty lousy human being.

Lighten' up, Francis. Bet you're a real hoot to sit around a campfire and have a beer with.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

P
Cucks abound

Lighten' up, Francis. Bet you're a real hoot to sit around a campfire and have a beer with.

Yea , probably should lighten up sometimes. Congrats on a successful marriage.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Lotsa bitter tears here

Brother Gruff, the odds are against a man finding a decent woman these days.....

That unfortunately seems a fair assessment. Though I gotta believe they are out there.

These days, about 2..5% of single women are actually marriage material.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lotsa bitter tears here

Then I guess we need to raise better daughters.

MAGA
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
I listened to a NPR podcast on “ the hookup culture” that apparently is in colleges now, wow what a mess.

For me, college was forty five years ago. Even in the mid seventies college kids were trading out for a new partner every week for the slutty guys and every month for slutty girls.

One Sophomore guy made a bet with his dorm buddies that he could screw six different Co-eds before Homecoming. He let the other guys listen in on the dorm intercom to verify his claims. He won the bet.

Upperclassmen stood in line to view the incoming Freshman girls and had a list already made which told which ones were the daughters of Ministers. "PKs were identified and cut from the herd like crippled antelope.

Horny kids have been horny kids for thousands of years. Human nature really does not change much.

Though, talking to parents of young kids today, three ways, sodomy, and orgies seem to be a lot more popular today among High School and College kids than I ever heard about in my youth.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

That I knew (guys after women), now it’s more of a 2 way deal where both sides are running the hunt.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I married well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Marriage as an institution is a AD concept.

Oldest written descriptions 4,000+’years ago, about as early as they started writing about stuff other than taxes. Paternity has always been important.

When Ug kicked Theena ta the curb, he didn't hafta bring her anymore of his kills.

Theena and Ug were hard wired in their brains different, gender roles being as old as humanity itself. As far as we know most were nomadic hunter/gatherers. Men hunted, women shopped, er, gathered. Often the women brought home more actual calories than the men, dependent upon location.

Ug coulda kicked Theena to the curb, but if he cared about his kids, and he prob’ly does (survival value ya know?) he’s gonna need to wait 15-20 years (takes forever to raise a human).

If he does kick Theena to the curb, she’s prob’ly gonna go back to family and take the kids still dependent on her and likely be supported by her grown offspring ( most people are fond of their moms). Human females are the only known species that menopause, outlive their reproductive years by whole decades, and since older women back then outnumber old men who, being men, do risky stuff their whole lives, Surely all these old women non-reproductive musta had survival value, else menopause wouldn’t have appeared.

Ol’ Ug ain’t an island either, he operates within a tightly bonded small group of men who have known each other most of their lives (prob’ly about 5 to 12 which is the group size most humans choose for athletic competition ie mock combat).

Even if they ain’t actually related to all the men in this group they all refer to each other as if they were (“brother” being a common term).

The total cooperation of groups of males acting in concert is absolutely essential to survival of the band. So much so that almost suicidally brave individuals risking their lives to protect others in the group has survival value. A lifetime bond they say, unlike any other.

OTOH, anything that sets these men off against each other, like an unfaithful woman and corresponding uncertainty of the paternity of your kids is highly destructive to the survival of the band, and is often dealt with harshly, heck we’re hard-wired to respond that way.

If Ug dies a hero like he likely wanted (humans idolize heroes) Theena operates amid a network of women, in fact since women outnumber men, women will even share a man, they already know their kids are their own.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ts;dr

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lotsa bitter tears here

Might be a little low but who knows. I am married with children and can’t remember the last time I had a conversation with a woman other than my wife that was longer than 30 seconds. What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?

Last edited by Calvin; 10/31/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?

I would say most, I think men are about the same as they have always been.

Worst I’ve seen was in England five years back, in my old home town which is still mostly White. Went to the park with my English cousins and their grandkids. In the park were a number of women, 20’s and 30’s, most with one child, no men present..

I was told that most of these women were single or divorced. Every woman like that represented a father somewhere cut off from his own child. No one to nurture, no one to protect.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Lotsa bitter tears here

We just have to teach them to be independent and tough.

Above all....self esteem.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lotsa bitter tears here

I guarandamntee you I am. 😉

When a young lady has a strong, intelligent mother as well as an Alpha male, (Alpha is actually what our daughter and her friends call me <I take it as a big compliment>) they tend to grow up strong and self assured. Not unlike young men that need a strong male influence as well as the comfort and nurturing nature of a woman. When those young men and women grow up witnessing mutual love, respect and admiration between their parents I think a positive outcome is virtually inevitable.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

For all the Sublime fans...

"I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball
Well, I had a million dollars but I, I'd spend it all
If I could find that Heina and that Sancho that she's found
Well, I'd pop a cap in Sancho and I'd slap her down"

"Tell Sanchito that if he knows what is good for him
He best go run and hide
Daddy's got a new .45
And I won't think twice to stick that barrel straight down Sancho's throat
Believe me when I say that I got something for his punk ass"

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 1,276 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,227
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.