Home

My nephews and nieces lived with someone and even had kids before they got married to them…. WOW.

If you were single later in life would you even think about it… most kids these days are waiting until they are nearly 30 or so, and divorce is so ugly money wise I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.

Hard talking to kids about this kind of stuff if you haven’t thought about it in 30 plus years.
Call me old fashioned.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

My nephews and nieces lived with someone and even had kids before they got married to them…. WOW.

If you were single later in life would you even think about it… most kids these days are waiting until they are nearly 30 or so, and divorce is so ugly money wise I don’t know if it’s worth it anymore.

Hard talking to kids about this kind of stuff if you haven’t thought about it in 30 plus years.

So what.

I guess I’m old fashioned and the new reality is a bit diffferent.
the new reality is a bit diffferent.

Ain’t that the truth

I guess I’m old fashioned and the new reality is a bit diffferent.

I lived with my wife for ten years before we married, we have been together thirty-seven years now.

Again...so what?
That may be the way to go…. I didn’t say anything was wrong, just that the times and practices have changed.
That may be the way to go…. I didn’t say anything was wrong, just that the times and practices have changed.

Not really, it was the same when I was a lad. It was just not discussed.
I know I am old fashioned, I don't understand it
Be a real bummer to marry someone just to find out you weren’t compatible when it comes to living together.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Call me old fashioned.

George Washington called you old fashioned. laugh
Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it!
Tried it twice. No fuggin way.
I was 31 when I got married. Still happy 26 years later.
.gov and its laws killed marriage.

On purpose?
Originally Posted by Fubarski

On purpose?
In this country…Yes. On purpose. By design.

antelope_sniper has posted significantly and specifically on this very subject. And he nailed it clean.

On purpose?

No it didn't, people are people and will do as they will.

And women are no longer stuck if they don't want to be.
Might be best to try on new shoes before plunking down the cash and just buying them nowadays.

The stakes can be very high.

Been with my dear wife 51yrs, loved every minute..
Originally Posted by JSTUART

On purpose?

No it didn't, people are people and will do as they will.

And women are no longer stuck if they don't want to be.

Yes, it did. Now, you see many women dependent on the Govt, and not “some guy”. Yes, this is often a good thing (when the guy is a lazy no-account jerk). Other times, they are quick to dump a good guy, or not willing to keep up their part of the marriage.

Not a big deal when no kids involved, but a HUGE deal when they are. A society with bunches of kids running around that haven’t had a FATHER in their lives (a GOOD one), and that have grown up dependent on GOVERNMENT, does not bode well for the future health of that society....
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Just got better for me as my wife has taken long service leave prior to retiring early with a super payout...I am getting THREE cooked meals a day!

I am like a pig in shit, loving having a housewife at home who serves up a hot meal when I come home for lunch, AND everything will soon be paid off with a couple of hundred grand in the bank

In ten years I will retire and access my super as well...then we will travel for a look-see.
Females are now raised to be career women - the vast majority weren't raised to be a wife .

MSM brainwashed females 24/7/365 that they were being kept down by settling for a housewife life .

Make laws that give the female the house/kids/alimoney :)/child support/dog/suv/++ and they take it more often than not .

I never bought in to it so I have no horror stories of the big D & I don't mean dallas .

Most married folks I know pretend to be happy but aren't
Marriage ain’t nothing but a financial contact when it comes down to it. F that noise.
I married up. After 26 years, I can highly recommend it. I can also say being a good spouse goes a long way toward having a good spouse.
My wife is the greatest!
Originally Posted by viking
Marriage ain’t nothing but a financial contact when it comes down to it. F that noise.

No...you are wrong. My wife and I are married.
42 years ago me and the wife lived together for about a year and half.

Been a fun ride and she has been by my side when i had some bad medical times.

Seems like some folks just don't take the time to be friends before they get married.

When the love thing wears off what do you have?

And it does take both to make it work.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
42 years ago me and the wife lived together for about a year and half.

Been a fun ride and she has been by my side when i had some bad medical times.

Seems like some folks just don't take the time to be friends before they get married.

When the love thing wears off what do you have?

And it does take both to make it work.

And that is the big secret that no one seems to know...you actually have to like each other.
Wouldn’t trade No. 3 for anything, but there’d never be a No.4 if something happened to her.

Shoulda quit after one.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I married up. After 26 years, I can highly recommend it. I can also say being a good spouse goes a long way toward having a good spouse.

F'in A Cotton.....F'in A.
Screendoors.
M.G.T.O.W., Marriage rates in this country are at the lowest in history.As said before by many others, why get married and risk a painfull ,expensive divorce over nothing,risk false arrest,never see your kids and pay through the nose for years for what? No,i wouldn' t EVER get married again
and i wouldn 't recomend it to any young man. Not in this day and age,no way.Nor would i live with one either.An old Dockbuilder told me many years ago,"THE F- ING YOU GET AIN'T WORTH THE F- ING YOU TAKE."
Women today are raised to be consumers of men. They aren't being taught to marry out of love, to a be a partner in life, to complement one another's roles and abilities with their own. Women today judge a man on what he can provide them, and how he can increase her status.
Last week we had a lot going on and it didn’t look like I’d be able to break away to get up to my buddy’s cabin. My sweet wife told me that she used a couple vacation days and that she’d take care of everything. She said she can tell when the mountains are calling and I need to get away to the wild places. She went out of her way to allow me to go hunting…..I thought about that as I drove through brilliant fall colors into the mountains. I thought about how lucky I was to have a wife that isn’t jealous of my need to get out into the woods and just how rare that selflessness is in marriages today. As the brilliant orange, yellow and reds glowed in the broken rays of sunshine and I pondered my luck in choosing the perfect woman the AM radio broke in with…”I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountains in the sky. Aching with the feeling of the freedom of an eagle when she flies.” Those words described my emotions as I got deeper into the mountains. But it was ultimately the title of the song that is most applicable to me

Loving her was easier than anything I’ll ever do again….
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yup.

I was 20, wife was 18 when we met. 20+ years later I can’t imagine life without her.
I always felt that if you weren’t ready to get married you weren’t ready for kids. There’s obviously a whole lot to be said for a committed relationship before kids. It makes things so much easier not just on the kids but the parents. Now a days with the government having co-opted marriage and marrying gays and lesbians when originally marriage was a religious commitment. A government sanctioned marriage doesn’t mean much to me and only opens yourself up to the government dictating your finances in a way that isn’t their business especially if you have children from a previous marriage or relationship. If I were to do it over I’d have a religious ceremony or something private with family and friends to show commitment but would leave the state out of it. The state lost all credibility IMO with gay marriages. There’s very little upside to a government sanctioned marriage but a lot of potential pitfalls. Why invite the government into your business?
I didn’t marry my wife to legitimize it in the eyes of the state. I married her to legitimize it in the eyes of my Lord!

The state can kiss my redneck ass. 😉
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I didn’t marry my wife to legitimize it in the eyes of the state. I married her to legitimize it in the eyes of my Lord!

I hear ya and wasn’t taking a shot at you. There’s nothing at all wrong with that. When it all works out it’s the best rout to go. When things don’t go as planned especially with marriages later in life I personally feel that it isn’t worth the government involvement.
I know you weren’t taking a shot at me. 👍.

Getting married late in life presents a whole set of considerations that might not be applicable when you get married young. I know that for me if I were to lose my wife I wouldn’t remarry. I’d never do as good and I’m not willing to settle. My girl set the bar so high that nobody else could reach it.
"There is a bloody brave little animal in Africa called the honey badger. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular - it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."

The Honey Badger (1965), Robert Ruark
been married 37 years.never lived with my wife because i respected her. shacking up is shacking up.dont try to say living together is a better route.truth is you just want the cows milk without buying the cow. for some of you thats not a ridddle to figure out.
Marriage is man made, in legal terms its a contract. Well you lose half or more as a man. Women are socially engineered and want a ring and paper. Don't believe me go to a wedding.

Nope .... It is both our country's increasing godlessness that is killing marriage and society in general.
my daughter was 37 before she got married. Son was 48. I finally made it to grandfather status, the oldest is now 8 years old, the youngest only 3. That said, both of my kids had established themselves, were financially well off, and their careers were on track. Both have successful marriages and no financial worries.
I know you weren’t taking a shot at me. 👍.

Getting married late in life presents a whole set of considerations that might not be applicable when you get married young. I know that for me if I were to lose my wife I wouldn’t remarry. I’d never do as good and I’m not willing to settle. My girl set the bar so high that nobody else could reach it.

That's what it's about!

There have never been more reasons to not marry.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Marriage is man made, in legal terms its a contract. Well you lose half or more as a man. Women are socially engineered and want a ring and paper. Don't believe me go to a wedding.

Adelle (this is a musician for all you dinosaurs) was ordered to pay her unsuccessful husband $150 million dollars.

The government fugking can go both ways when it comes to marriage.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yup.

I was 20, wife was 18 when we met. 20+ years later I can’t imagine life without her.

The only reason you’re still married is because your wife has the patience of Job.
That’s a biblical reference for all you godless fugks on here.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Call me old fashioned.

Idiot seems more fitting.
Guard your wallet.

One of my nephews called me up one day asking about what would happen to his business in a divorce. At that time they were planning a wedding 3 years out.

I told him to consult a lawyer.

And Mr Flave is right it does work both ways. I understand state law varies considerably when it comes to property.
Any wife throwing competitions around? When mine is good....she is amazing, but when she isn't, boy howdy she's rowdy.

I believe staying married through the rona BS really helps a relationship. Staying married to a 45 year old woman through this is rather taxing.....but the tax is lower than the alternative.
Shacking up generally doesn't last past the first year. So...that's a bad idea if you want a life long partnership. Marriage works because the marriage comes first, taking individuals' petty nonsense out of the equation. It's not her vs him. It's what do we need to do to get this thing where it's goes best.

The real problem is the attractiveness of ditching the hairy snore machine for a marriage to the govt with the former stud as a child support slave.
A man I know got stuck with a $3,000,000 divorce settlement.
Nothing says I love you like a prenup.
One of the main discussion themes on the campfire is often about the incremental loss of freedoms, boiling the frog if you will. So the traditionalists are advocating or lamenting the loss of traditional marriage. A marriage you will agree, that needs to be validated by purchasing a license from a government entity. Which, once the document is recorded, requires that the male signatory abide by a whole new definition of property rights. That ain't freedom.
Originally Posted by barnabus
been married 37 years.never lived with my wife because i respected her. shacking up is shacking up.dont try to say living together is a better route.truth is you just want the cows milk without buying the cow. for some of you thats not a ridddle to figure out.

When do you go back for your covid booster?

On purpose?
and for money. Its for the lowyers.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Nope .... It is both our country's increasing godlessness that is killing marriage and society in general.

The laws are ungodly. Have a kid and she owns you. You do it her way or you are screwed.
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Just got better for me as my wife has taken long service leave prior to retiring early with a super payout...I am getting THREE cooked meals a day!

I am like a pig in shit, loving having a housewife at home who serves up a hot meal when I come home for lunch, AND everything will soon be paid off with a couple of hundred grand in the bank

In ten years I will retire and access my super as well...then we will travel for a look-see.

If the NWO lets you travel. There is that carbon tax thing in the air you know, and the WEF thing about them owning everything.
You jackasses have done your part to ruin marriage as well.

Married or not you had a child together, you're getting a divorce if you go separate ways. Own joint property, both names on a lease or bill, you're getting a divorce. Not being married doesn't protect you from divorce if you do stupid things together. I have a buddy who lived with a woman for nearly 20 years, they kept things separate but had a child together. When they got done with their divorce it was still an expensive process, he did get joint custody so he didn't have child support but I think she got maintenance for three years.

I waited until I was 38 to get married, I have a great wife and I love being married to her. I also have the most amazing daughter from being married, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I just wasn't around for her conception to five years old, but don't tell me I'm not her dad.

If you don't see the benifits from a stable, strong, and loving marriage then you're falling prey to what the progressives want you to believe. They don't want a strong family that isn't dependent on their hand outs. That's why so many of their programs a designed to enslave, rather than lift the people out of their situations
Women have always been the more suggestible sex since before Eve decided it would be a good idea to listen to a snake and bite the apple.

80% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

Nowadays most girls and young women are being told life isn’t about motherhood and family, and if they do have a baby , they can raise the child without a father being present.

Most of us get our core values at an early age from our parents, increasing numbers of Americans are the children of broken marriages, so that becomes a norm.

The disincentives for guys to commit to marriage are wel known. Other than that, compared to women, guys ain’t much different from how they’ve always been. I do not envy young men today.

On the radio Oliver North recently proclaimed Russia to be a dying nation since their fertility rate is down to 1.3 kids per woman. The same is true across Europe. We’re still hanging in there at replacement-level, 2.1, but that’s mostly due to recent immigrants.

What we’re learning is that without committed marriages a nation is doomed. Committed marriage is mostly a function of religious values.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

The laws are ungodly. Have a kid and she owns you. You do it her way or you are screwed.

How Godly of you to resent the requirement for child support!

And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.

There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

How Godly of you to resent the requirement for child support!

And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.

There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.

👍
Anybody know which governor first signed “no fault” divorce into law?
Smith and Wesson.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Women have always been the more suggestible sex since before Eve decided it would be a good idea to listen to a snake and bite the apple.

80% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

Nowadays most girls and young women are being told life isn’t about motherhood and family, and if they do have a baby , they can raise the child without a father being present.

Most of us get our core values at an early age from our parents, increasing numbers of Americans are the children of broken marriages, so that becomes a norm.

The disincentives for guys to commit to marriage are wel known. Other than that, compared to women, guys ain’t much different from how they’ve always been. I do not envy young men today.

On the radio Oliver North recently proclaimed Russia to be a dying nation since their fertility rate is down to 1.3 kids per woman. The same is true across Europe. We’re still hanging in there at replacement-level, 2.1, but that’s mostly due to recent immigrants.

What we’re learning is that without committed marriages a nation is doomed. Committed marriage is mostly a function of religious values.

A couple can be a committed entity without actual marriage.
Most women tell me that it’s very hard to find a good man. Black women will tell you that for sure.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Be a real bummer to marry someone just to find out you weren’t compatible when it comes to living together.

If you stick at it long enough, at some point you might just find you werent very compatible to begin with. lol

Chicken, egg.
.gov laws have put a profit motive inta divorce.

Marry someone with less, and they're a full partner, and get half of one person's hard work.

If ya was livin on a waiter/waitress budget fore ya got married, ya should be able ta live on it after the divorce. Does a divorcee suddenly become more precious?

"Child" support is really mom support.

Get divorced and ya get paid. Free house, free $, food stamps. No incentive to stay or try and work it out.

.gov has no business bein involved in "marriage", from licenses ta divorce cases.

Whinin bout child support?

Fine.

Let the other parent have the kid, cause they actually work and can afford it.
From my small sample size, people who get married in their 30s and have kids do a pretty good job compared to those in their 20s.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

True, but the numbers are telling us that doesn’t happen often enough to support a viable population.

Heck, it doesn’t even have to be a Christian marriage, the Hindus and Sikhs are still doing OK.
Smith and Wesson.

LOL
.gov laws have put a profit motive inta divorce.

Marry someone with less, and they're a full partner, and get half of one person's hard work.

If ya was livin on a waiter/waitress budget fore ya got married, ya should be able ta live on it after the divorce. Does a divorcee suddenly become more precious?

"Child" support is really mom support.

Get divorced and ya get paid. Free house, free $, food stamps. No incentive to stay or try and work it out.

.gov has no business bein involved in "marriage", from licenses ta divorce cases.

Whinin bout child support?

Fine.

Let the other parent have the kid, cause they actually work and can afford it.

Will you marry me?

Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane. This was the song we performed at the Greek Week air band competition at the U of Oregon. I sang lead.

First (maybe only) act in history to be DQ’d for song content.

True, but the numbers are telling us that doesn’t happen often enough to support a viable population.

Humans been round for millions a years, without marriage.

Heck, it doesn’t even have to be a Christian marriage, the Hindus and Sikhs are still doing OK.

If a couple doesn’t want kids so be it. No one is obligated to procreate for the sake of population numbers.

The brown wave is the future of America it appears.
We married because it was expected of us by family. And it felt like the right thing to do, but ultimately it was for everyone else not us. We were in love and committed to each other already, the marriage ceremony didn’t change any of that. But then again, I didn’t want my kids to be bastards. I did my homework and fully vetted my bride. It wasn’t hard, we both came from traditional families. She had every quality I had set in my mental application. No retards or mongoloids in the family, no known history of genetic defects. Wasn’t a whore, solid work ethic, good morals, light colored eyes, wasn’t stupid, would stand up to me and anyone else, wanted a family, and she was pretty.
Originally Posted by deflave

Yup.

The only reason you’re still married is because your wife has the patience of Job.

Well there is that too
More to the point, when I took the responsibility of being a husband and later a father, that meant being head of the household. It’s an important title. It meant their safety and well being fell on my shoulders. For my kids that was a lifetime commitment. For my wife I always figured she sacrificed the ability to go have a career and provide for herself because the deal was that was MY job, hers was to keep house and tend the kids. Even if she split now, I’d feel morally obligated to give her half what we have. Was a team effort to get where we are.
More to the point, when I took the responsibility of being a husband and later a father, that meant being head of the household. It’s an important title. It meant their safety and well being fell on my shoulders. For my kids that was a lifetime commitment. For my wife I always figured she sacrificed the ability to go have a career and provide for herself because the deal was that was MY job, hers was to keep house and tend the kids. Even if she split now, I’d feel morally obligated to give her half what we have. Was a team effort to get where we are.

Some guys know how to be a real husband and father and make the effort required. They are the ones that can identify and attract a strong smart woman. Nothing is lamer than hearing some bozo whining about paying child support or getting divorced from a lazy slut. Man up or remain single and use birth control.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Some guys know how to be a real husband and father and make the effort required. They are the ones that can identify and attract a strong smart woman. Nothing is lamer than hearing some bozo whining about paying child support or getting divorced from a lazy slut. Man up or remain single and use birth control.

mike r

These jabronis dont want a smart, strong woman.

You gotta make that a Sig line.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Females are now raised to be career women - the vast majority weren't raised to be a wife .

MSM brainwashed females 24/7/365 that they were being kept down by settling for a housewife life .

Make laws that give the female the house/kids/alimoney :)/child support/dog/suv/++ and they take it more often than not .

I never bought in to it so I have no horror stories of the big D & I don't mean dallas .

Finally someone who's paying attention.

mike r

These jabronis dont want a smart, strong woman.

And vice versa. Hence the divorce rate. Too many guys marry their 1st steady lay and make little effort to actually be there for the family they accidentally produced. I don't know a single divorced guy that doesn't blame his wife even if caught in adultery.

mike r

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Gender roles have been obliterated. Women want to play at being a man, and too many cuck men are willing to abdicate their role.

Yup.

In all likely hood, the reason he's still married is that on a scale of 1-10, he's at least 2 points better than his wife and she knows it.
If for one minute she thought she could trade up she'd leave him.

Nothing against his wife in particular, that's just the hypergamous, monkey-branching nature of women.

Yup.

In all likely hood, the reason he's still married is that on a scale of 1-10, he's at least 2 points better than his wife and she knows it.

Nothing against his wife in particular, that's just the hypergamous, monkey-branching nature of women.

No offense taken.

I feel sorry for you if that is your cynical belief. Wife and I have both had plenty of opportunity to “trade up” over the years. But love and commitment still mean something to some people. But to be fair, I am an alpha and have not reneged on my obligations.

Edit to add she also knows if she did I’d cut his throat in front of her too. So there’s that.
I've got twin 14 year old girls. There mom left when they were 3. I've raised them almost single handed since they were 4. They go to see their mom every other weekend (one doesn't go there for the most part). There mom has three older children, all adults now; one is even a baby momma. In the scheme of things with their mom my daughters are 3rd after her older kids and her grand kids. Their mom has never bought a pair of shoes, even when I paid her child support several years after the girls lived with me.

Many women feel no responsibility to home, husband or children. Just reality.
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I've got twin 14 year old girls. There mom left when they were 3. I've raised them almost single handed since they were 4. They go to see their mom every other weekend (one doesn't go there for the most part). There mom has three older children, all adults now; one is even a baby momma. In the scheme of things with their mom my daughters are 3rd after her older kids and her grand kids. Their mom has never bought a pair of shoes, even when I paid her child support several years after the girls lived with me.

Many women feel no responsibility to home, husband or children. Just reality.

Why were you paying their mom child support for several years after the two girls were living with you?

Gender roles have been obliterated. Women want to play at being a man, and too many cuck men are willing to abdicate their role.

You my friend, are in the right area.

Women are hypergamous, meaning they marry up. On average, they look for a man who's income is at least 40% higher then their own.
So as women become more career oriented and make more money, there's fewer men who make 140%+ of their income. Additionally they want a man who's at least 6 feet tall (13% of U.S. men), athletic body (10% of men), College degree (25% of men) who isn't a white knighting, blue pill simp (20% of U.S. men)

Very few men meet all these criteria, and since modern women brainwashed Modern women into believing they don't need to settle, women are now sharing the few Chad's and Tyrone's out there. The latest studies indicate around 12% of single men are having 80% of the sex. There's more male virgins under 30 than ever, but no corresponding increase in female virginity.

Of course if you're one of the 12% spinning, on average, 6 plates, why would you settle down and get married to anything less than your ideal woman?

That's great for Miss 9 or 10, but for all the Miss 5 to 8 they are deluded into thinking they can marry one of they are banging on a slow Tuesday night. Unfortunately for them, they don't qualify, and every year past the age of 20 they looks deteriorate. They live the party life for too long, and their chances for marriage pass them by.

A new study shows that once a woman who's never married hits 30, he chances of ever getting married are 20%, these drop to 5% at 35 and by age 40 there's only a 2.5% chance she will ever get married.

It's so bad, women are literally dying from "Broken Heart Syndrome" and the number of these deaths is increasing each year.

Women are not men, and they shouldn't try to be men. It doesn't work, and we are seeing the results of this failed experiment.

Women are hypergamous, meaning they marry up. On average, they look for a man who's income is at least 40% higher then their own.
So as women become more career oriented and make more money, there's fewer men who make 140%+ of their income. Additionally they want a man who's at least 6 feet tall (13% of U.S. men), athletic body (10% of men), College degree (25% of men) who isn't a white knighting, blue pill simp (20% of U.S. men)

Very few men meet all these criteria, and since modern women brainwashed Modern women into believing they don't need to settle, women are now sharing the few Chad's and Tyrone's out there. The latest studies indicate around 12% of single men are having 80% of the sex. There's more male virgins under 30 than ever, but no corresponding increase in female virginity.

Of course if you're one of the 12% spinning, on average, 6 plates, why would you settle down and get married to anything less than your ideal woman?

That's great for Miss 9 or 10, but for all the Miss 5 to 8 they are deluded into thinking they can marry one of they are banging on a slow Tuesday night. Unfortunately for them, they don't qualify, and every year past the age of 20 they looks deteriorate. They live the party life for too long, and their chances for marriage pass them by.

A new study shows that once a woman who's never married hits 30, he chances of ever getting married are 20%, these drop to 5% at 35 and by age 40 there's only a 2.5% chance she will ever get married.

It's so bad, women are literally dying from "Broken Heart Syndrome" and the number of these deaths is increasing each year.

Women are not men, and they shouldn't try to be men. It doesn't work, and we are seeing the results of this failed experiment.

Where are getting these numbers data from that you’re quoting?

Yup.

I know them both.

He isn’t.

If they weren't so devoid of values and judgment, they wouldn't have to worry about divorce.

Yup.

No offense taken.

I feel sorry for you if that is your cynical belief. Wife and I have both had plenty of opportunity to “trade up” over the years. But love and commitment still mean something to some people. But to be fair, I am an alpha and have not reneged on my obligations.

Edit to add she also knows if she did I’d cut his throat in front of her too. So there’s that.

LOL, that's one way to set a solid frame with her.

I try not to be too cynical, just realistic.

You're way too humble good sir. In this day and age way too many men under estimate their value, and too many women over estimate theirs.

Best of luck to you and your family. You've made it past 20, so providing she's past her mid-life crisis, the data is on your side for the long run.
We married because it was expected of us by family. And it felt like the right thing to do, but ultimately it was for everyone else not us. We were in love and committed to each other already, the marriage ceremony didn’t change any of that. But then again, I didn’t want my kids to be bastards. I did my homework and fully vetted my bride. It wasn’t hard, we both came from traditional families. She had every quality I had set in my mental application. No retards or mongoloids in the family, no known history of genetic defects. Wasn’t a whore, solid work ethic, good morals, light colored eyes, wasn’t stupid, would stand up to me and anyone else, wanted a family, and she was pretty.

So, it was you that took the best one.....

How are women in my age bracket like parking spots at a mall?

The Good Ones are already taken. All that is left is either Handicapped or Way Out there.
The oldest told me again last weekend he wasn't going to marry. He's 37, highly educated, has a nice boat, house, plenty of money and my blue eyes. I told him he might get lonley when he ages. He said, as long as you can afford it you can have whatever you want or need. Since I'm not rich I'll just make do with mom, after 35 years it's not to bad and she knows what I want. We have 3 grown kids and none have ever been married or have had any kids. I can't imagine not being married or having any kids.

One of the great things about the internet is there's people like me who can access and analyze all those clicks. Dataclysm

Here's two great primers for you. The first is written by the head Data Scientist for the dating site OK Cupid:
Dataclysm:

https://www.amazon.com/Dataclysm-Identity-What-Online-Offline-Selves/dp/0385347391/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NLPTDRFYW6AY&dchild=1&keywords=dataclysm&qid=1635709241&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&sprefix=dataclysm%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-1&sres=0385347391%2CB00SB1LLMG%2CB01I1UWGFW%2C1732399247%2CB01MYMOW7C%2CB00QPH5V2E%2CB01AFXZ2F4%2CB09C1JVM6Y%2C0553418831%2C076118208X%2CB007Q6XLF2%2C0578639874%2C1735431109%2C1945051752%2C0143125087%2CB08QBQK3DM&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

The second is written by a pair of PHD Data Science Consultants:
A Billion Wicked Thoughts

https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Wicked-Thoughts-Internet-Relationships/dp/0452297877/ref=sr_1_1?crid=32CNC3ER9LD2V&dchild=1&keywords=a+billion+wicked+thoughts&qid=1635709968&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&sprefix=a+billion+wicked+thoughts%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-1&sres=0452297877%2CB08SGWNLV9%2CB08TZK8VMW%2CB004ADQAPM%2CB072B5TFJY%2C1981089152%2C1108425046%2CB00LD1ORBI%2CB089CSW3Y6%2CB08RZ994T6%2CB00C74WX5M%2CB086FQYLCC%2C0802419755%2CB00J1IQUX8%2CB08VHJ9V3S%2C0465097766&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

And for a general introduction to Red Pill Philosophy, start here:

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi

https://www.amazon.com/Rational-Male-Rollo-Tomassi/dp/1492777862/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+rational+male&qid=1635710142&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&s=books&sprefix=the+ration%2Cstripbooks%2C123&sr=1-1&sres=1492777862%2CB08RZ994T6%2CB01E61AYRM%2C1548921815%2CB075XQSJPJ%2CB08TZK8VMW%2C1777473306%2CB078927ZYL%2C0140280197%2CB0797Y87JC%2CB00X0TKYKE%2C0692678670%2CB08PXK14T7%2CB07FXZBYJ9%2CB07KBFZSK1%2CB08QBB3MTG&srpt=ABIS_BOOK
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

The Good Ones are already taken. All that is left is either Handicapped or Way Out there.

Quit looking at women in your age bracket.

If you wanted a fair compromise you could go back to pre-no fault days.

But as it sits the family court system is complete overreach by government and 100% wrong.

Anybody that disputes this is a Fugking Idiot.
If it's wearing a pussy, it thinks that it is special. There in lies a lot of the problem of women. Men have lots of choices.

That says it all.

One of the great things about the internet is there's people like me who can access and analyze all those clicks. Dataclysm

Here's two great primers for you. The first is written by the head Data Scientist for the dating site OK Cupid:
Dataclysm:

https://www.amazon.com/Dataclysm-Identity-What-Online-Offline-Selves/dp/0385347391/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NLPTDRFYW6AY&dchild=1&keywords=dataclysm&qid=1635709241&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&sprefix=dataclysm%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-1&sres=0385347391%2CB00SB1LLMG%2CB01I1UWGFW%2C1732399247%2CB01MYMOW7C%2CB00QPH5V2E%2CB01AFXZ2F4%2CB09C1JVM6Y%2C0553418831%2C076118208X%2CB007Q6XLF2%2C0578639874%2C1735431109%2C1945051752%2C0143125087%2CB08QBQK3DM&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

The second is written by a pair of PHD Data Science Consultants:
A Billion Wicked Thoughts

https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Wicked-Thoughts-Internet-Relationships/dp/0452297877/ref=sr_1_1?crid=32CNC3ER9LD2V&dchild=1&keywords=a+billion+wicked+thoughts&qid=1635709968&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&sprefix=a+billion+wicked+thoughts%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-1&sres=0452297877%2CB08SGWNLV9%2CB08TZK8VMW%2CB004ADQAPM%2CB072B5TFJY%2C1981089152%2C1108425046%2CB00LD1ORBI%2CB089CSW3Y6%2CB08RZ994T6%2CB00C74WX5M%2CB086FQYLCC%2C0802419755%2CB00J1IQUX8%2CB08VHJ9V3S%2C0465097766&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

And for a general introduction to Red Pill Philosophy, start here:

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi

https://www.amazon.com/Rational-Male-Rollo-Tomassi/dp/1492777862/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+rational+male&qid=1635710142&qsid=135-1799469-2656826&s=books&sprefix=the+ration%2Cstripbooks%2C123&sr=1-1&sres=1492777862%2CB08RZ994T6%2CB01E61AYRM%2C1548921815%2CB075XQSJPJ%2CB08TZK8VMW%2C1777473306%2CB078927ZYL%2C0140280197%2CB0797Y87JC%2CB00X0TKYKE%2C0692678670%2CB08PXK14T7%2CB07FXZBYJ9%2CB07KBFZSK1%2CB08QBB3MTG&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

Thanks AS.
Posted By: EdM Re: Women and marriage these days - 10/31/21
You jackasses have done your part to ruin marriage as well.

Yep. A classic 'fire thread here...
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Quit looking at women in your age bracket.

That's only fair, women sure aren't looking within their own age bracket.

One of the things that seems to escape most men is the fact that any healthy (physically and mentally) male with a work ethic will be stalked like a 7 point bull elk during rifle season in an over the counter unit by the female of the species. Almost all stink of desperation.. They have bought into the myth of the "women can have everything" narrative, and refuse to acknowledge that they can't, anymore than males.
Why are you fugking idiots talking about women vs men biology?

It has nothing to do with the current state of marriage in the United States.
My buddy always giving me schitt, says I'm not doing my part to keep us from being out-bred. Poor bastard has 4 kids.

Knew early on I never wanted kids. Got snipped at 22. Had a lot of fun along the way. Took awhile to find a pretty, smart, educated woman who didn't want kids, but I found her.

Gotta be responsible.

Women lost (by choice or by circumstance) their place in the world. As a group, they behave similarly to any other group that loses it's culture (think aborigines, native Americans, black Americans, second generation Asian immigrants) -- without the framework a culture provides in the form of rules, expectations, traditions, and rewards, the results are messy. Humans aren't wired to function without cultural norms.
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
My buddy always giving me schitt, says I'm not doing my part to keep us from being out-bred. Poor bastard has 4 kids.

Knew early on I never wanted kids. Got snipped at 22. Had a lot of fun along the way. Took awhile to find a pretty, smart, educated woman who didn't want kids, but I found her.

Gotta be responsible.

Congrats on never becoming a father.
Originally Posted by Dutch

Women lost (by choice or by circumstance) their place in the world. As a group, they behave similarly to any other group that loses it's culture (think aborigines, native Americans, black Americans, second generation Asian immigrants) -- without the framework a culture provides in the form of rules, expectations, traditions, and rewards, the results are messy. Humans aren't wired to function without cultural norms.

That’s some deep thinking.

LOL

No. Humans have been around for millions of years without effective birth control and without roles available for women other than raising their inevitable offspring.

For most of human history family was one’s only security and one’s only retirement plan, women wanted children, there were no other careers available.

To answer your quote, I don’t know of a single human society, past or present, without rules governing who could legitimately sleep with who AKA “marriage”.

How else are you gonna get a bunch of guys to cooperate in a society if they can have no reasonable assumptions that the kids they are raising really are theirs and not some other guy’s?

Women always know their kids are their own, guys don’t. In that sense an unfaithful wife is much more dangerous to the cohesion and harmony of the society than an unfaithful male. Lots of societies threw rocks at adulterous women, hardly anyone threw rocks at guys.

Eastern Woodland Indians got around this issue by having a woman’s kids raised mostly by her brothers and/or other male blood relatives rather than the probable biological father.
There is another one from the other side....However, this one seems to fit the way many here see women..

"Once upon a time, in a land far away, a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess happened upon a frog as she sat, contemplating
ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant
meadow near her castle. The frog hopped into the princess' lap and
said:
"Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast
a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry
and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can
prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel
grateful and happy doing so."

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly
sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce,
she chuckled to herself and thought:

I don't f-ing think so!!!"
Originally Posted by battue
There is another one from the other side....However, this one seems to fit the way many here see women..

said:

And died a dried up, bitter, old useless spinster cat lady
I remind my wife weekly that she won the man prize and she agrees..... win/win smile
Oh and antelope _sniper knows more about this issue than all the fudds here combined..... this ain't Mayberry anymore
Originally Posted by battue

said:

And died a dried up, bitter, old useless spinster cat lady

That does happen more than infrequently...

Addition: However, not rare to run into an older gal who has no need for a man on a regular basis..occasionally, but not daily...
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The oldest told me again last weekend he wasn't going to marry. He's 37, highly educated, has a nice boat, house, plenty of money and my blue eyes. I told him he might get lonley when he ages. He said, as long as you can afford it you can have whatever you want or need. Since I'm not rich I'll just make do with mom, after 35 years it's not to bad and she knows what I want. We have 3 grown kids and none have ever been married or have had any kids. I can't imagine not being married or having any kids.

Wow!

No grandkids?

Whatta gyp!
I lmao when the fudds say, my lovely bride is an angel for putting up with me all these years..... WTF?

They must have not married a psycho bitch..... and they may just be a psycho azzhole? hmmmmm
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

laugh laugh laugh

No. Humans have been around for millions of years without effective birth control and without roles available for women other than raising their inevitable offspring.

For most of human history family was one’s only security and one’s only retirement plan, women wanted children, there were no other careers available.

To answer your quote, I don’t know of a single human society, past or present, without rules governing who could legitimately sleep with who AKA “marriage”.

How else are you gonna get a bunch of guys to cooperate in a society if they can have no reasonable assumptions that the kids they are raising really are theirs and not some other guy’s?

Women always know their kids are their own, guys don’t. In that sense an unfaithful wife is much more dangerous to the cohesion and harmony of the society than an unfaithful male. Lots of societies threw rocks at adulterous women, hardly anyone threw rocks at guys.

Eastern Woodland Indians got around this issue by having a woman’s kids raised mostly by her brothers and/or other male blood relatives rather than the probable biological father.

Your theory was and is, bullshit.

Proven by your own marital prowess.
Lotsa bitter tears here
Lotsa bitter tears here

Brother Gruff, the odds are against a man finding a decent woman these days.....
Would I get remarried if something were to happen to my wife? Nope.

I've already told my wife, there'll be no divorce. I'll make a Dateline episode outta ya.'

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Lotsa bitter tears here

Not here.

We are full partners.
Originally Posted by skeen
Would I get remarried if something were to happen to my wife? Nope.

I've already told my wife, there'll be no divorce. I'll make a Dateline episode outta ya.'

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I told the old woman that she gets it ALL if we split up.

That alone is reason enough for her not to fugg it up.

If you wanted a fair compromise you could go back to pre-no fault days.

But as it sits the family court system is complete overreach by government and 100% wrong.

Anybody that disputes this is a Fugking Idiot.

You are not wrong.
I really screwed up in not marrying my wife within 3 months of meeting her...took me 4 years....what a waste!
Posted By: WMR Re: Women and marriage these days - 11/01/21
I don’t get the joke about threatening violence if a wife opts out. Really pretty sick when you think about it. Lots of women live in real fear of crap like that. I wouldn’t care to hear my son in law talk that way.

K Dude, find me a society, past or present, without rules about who sleeps with whom (AKA marriage).

I got twenty years out of my own marriage, have a son and a granddaughter. That woman gave me the best years of her life, suffered three ectopic pregnancies and the chemo/surgery aftermath trying to give us children, did me a huge favor leaving when she did.

I got no complaints.
Bud who is successful and has a great marriage and kids, was leaving for a hunt. His wife jokingly said, "Remember, if I catch you fooling around, I get half." He looked at her and replied..."You couldn't survive on half."
One of my liberal nieces had a baby this week.
She has a masters in phycology.
He has a masters in engineering.
She is 35.
They expect to get married next year.

I think you summed it all up the best!
Originally Posted by WMR
I don’t get the joke about threatening violence if a wife opts out. Really pretty sick when you think about it. Lots of women live in real fear of crap like that. I wouldn’t care to hear my son in law talk that way.

I’d imagine there are quite a few things you don’t get. And it wasn’t a joke. Actions have consequences. There is no closed season on sanchos.

Cucks abound

Was a long time ago man. I can’t imagine trying to date at my age in this day and time. Puzzy seems easier than it’s ever been talking to my single friends, but finding something more than that seems awful hard
Originally Posted by irfubar
Lotsa bitter tears here

Brother Gruff, the odds are against a man finding a decent woman these days.....

That unfortunately seems a fair assessment. Though I gotta believe they are out there.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sancho
Originally Posted by keith
I really screwed up in not marrying my wife within 3 months of meeting her...took me 4 years....what a waste!

I did the same dumb thing

K Dude, find me a society, past or present, without rules about who sleeps with whom (AKA marriage).

I got twenty years out of my own marriage, have a son and a granddaughter. That woman gave me the best years of her life, suffered three ectopic pregnancies and the chemo/surgery aftermath trying to give us children, did me a huge favor leaving when she did.

I got no complaints.

Not playin word games.

Marriage as an institution is a AD concept.

Humans formed units/couples through survival of the fittest for a million years.

When Ug kicked Theena ta the curb, he didn't hafta bring her anymore of his kills.

And things was just fine.
Originally Posted by WMR

I’d imagine there are quite a few things you don’t get. And it wasn’t a joke. Actions have consequences. There is no closed season on sanchos.

Cucks abound

Was actually responding to the “make a dateline episode out of ya” thing, not anything you had posted. But whatever. Anyone who thinks threats of violence are the way to maintain a relationship is likely a pretty lousy human being.
I listened to a NPR podcast on “ the hookup culture” that apparently is in colleges now, wow what a mess.
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

Cucks abound

Was actually responding to the “make a dateline episode out of ya” thing, not anything you had posted. But whatever. Anyone who thinks threats of violence are the way to maintain a relationship is likely a pretty lousy human being.

Lighten' up, Francis. Bet you're a real hoot to sit around a campfire and have a beer with.
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

P
Cucks abound

Lighten' up, Francis. Bet you're a real hoot to sit around a campfire and have a beer with.

Yea , probably should lighten up sometimes. Congrats on a successful marriage.
Lotsa bitter tears here

That unfortunately seems a fair assessment. Though I gotta believe they are out there.

These days, about 2..5% of single women are actually marriage material.
Lotsa bitter tears here

Then I guess we need to raise better daughters.
I listened to a NPR podcast on “ the hookup culture” that apparently is in colleges now, wow what a mess.

For me, college was forty five years ago. Even in the mid seventies college kids were trading out for a new partner every week for the slutty guys and every month for slutty girls.

One Sophomore guy made a bet with his dorm buddies that he could screw six different Co-eds before Homecoming. He let the other guys listen in on the dorm intercom to verify his claims. He won the bet.

Upperclassmen stood in line to view the incoming Freshman girls and had a list already made which told which ones were the daughters of Ministers. "PKs were identified and cut from the herd like crippled antelope.

Horny kids have been horny kids for thousands of years. Human nature really does not change much.

Though, talking to parents of young kids today, three ways, sodomy, and orgies seem to be a lot more popular today among High School and College kids than I ever heard about in my youth.

That I knew (guys after women), now it’s more of a 2 way deal where both sides are running the hunt.
I married well.
Marriage as an institution is a AD concept.

Oldest written descriptions 4,000+’years ago, about as early as they started writing about stuff other than taxes. Paternity has always been important.

When Ug kicked Theena ta the curb, he didn't hafta bring her anymore of his kills.

Theena and Ug were hard wired in their brains different, gender roles being as old as humanity itself. As far as we know most were nomadic hunter/gatherers. Men hunted, women shopped, er, gathered. Often the women brought home more actual calories than the men, dependent upon location.

Ug coulda kicked Theena to the curb, but if he cared about his kids, and he prob’ly does (survival value ya know?) he’s gonna need to wait 15-20 years (takes forever to raise a human).

If he does kick Theena to the curb, she’s prob’ly gonna go back to family and take the kids still dependent on her and likely be supported by her grown offspring ( most people are fond of their moms). Human females are the only known species that menopause, outlive their reproductive years by whole decades, and since older women back then outnumber old men who, being men, do risky stuff their whole lives, Surely all these old women non-reproductive musta had survival value, else menopause wouldn’t have appeared.

Ol’ Ug ain’t an island either, he operates within a tightly bonded small group of men who have known each other most of their lives (prob’ly about 5 to 12 which is the group size most humans choose for athletic competition ie mock combat).

Even if they ain’t actually related to all the men in this group they all refer to each other as if they were (“brother” being a common term).

The total cooperation of groups of males acting in concert is absolutely essential to survival of the band. So much so that almost suicidally brave individuals risking their lives to protect others in the group has survival value. A lifetime bond they say, unlike any other.

OTOH, anything that sets these men off against each other, like an unfaithful woman and corresponding uncertainty of the paternity of your kids is highly destructive to the survival of the band, and is often dealt with harshly, heck we’re hard-wired to respond that way.

If Ug dies a hero like he likely wanted (humans idolize heroes) Theena operates amid a network of women, in fact since women outnumber men, women will even share a man, they already know their kids are their own.
Ts;dr
Lotsa bitter tears here

Might be a little low but who knows. I am married with children and can’t remember the last time I had a conversation with a woman other than my wife that was longer than 30 seconds. What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?
Originally Posted by Calvin
What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?

I would say most, I think men are about the same as they have always been.

Worst I’ve seen was in England five years back, in my old home town which is still mostly White. Went to the park with my English cousins and their grandkids. In the park were a number of women, 20’s and 30’s, most with one child, no men present..

I was told that most of these women were single or divorced. Every woman like that represented a father somewhere cut off from his own child. No one to nurture, no one to protect.
Lotsa bitter tears here

We just have to teach them to be independent and tough.

Above all....self esteem.
Lotsa bitter tears here

I guarandamntee you I am. 😉

When a young lady has a strong, intelligent mother as well as an Alpha male, (Alpha is actually what our daughter and her friends call me <I take it as a big compliment>) they tend to grow up strong and self assured. Not unlike young men that need a strong male influence as well as the comfort and nurturing nature of a woman. When those young men and women grow up witnessing mutual love, respect and admiration between their parents I think a positive outcome is virtually inevitable.

For all the Sublime fans...

"I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball
Well, I had a million dollars but I, I'd spend it all
If I could find that Heina and that Sancho that she's found
Well, I'd pop a cap in Sancho and I'd slap her down"

"Tell Sanchito that if he knows what is good for him
He best go run and hide
Daddy's got a new .45
And I won't think twice to stick that barrel straight down Sancho's throat
Believe me when I say that I got something for his punk ass"
I guess there's no relation to Dirty Sanchez.
Wasn't long ago 40 acres, a mule, some chickens and a sod house were the making of a man to marry....Not much different today. Women have always been looking for security..

For me, college was forty five years ago. Even in the mid seventies college kids were trading out for a new partner every week for the slutty guys and every month for slutty girls.

One Sophomore guy made a bet with his dorm buddies that he could screw six different Co-eds before Homecoming. He let the other guys listen in on the dorm intercom to verify his claims. He won the bet.

Upperclassmen stood in line to view the incoming Freshman girls and had a list already made which told which ones were the daughters of Ministers. "PKs were identified and cut from the herd like crippled antelope.

Horny kids have been horny kids for thousands of years. Human nature really does not change much.

Though, talking to parents of young kids today, three ways, sodomy, and orgies seem to be a lot more popular today among High School and College kids than I ever heard about in my youth.

Didn't go to college in Nampa, did you?
How'd you old timers make it through the middle 40's? In the same week I can get 3 blowies a day for days on end, then 24 hours later I am banished from touching her for a week, getting screamed at for everything....then flow rolls in for a day or two and I'm back to king status.

I dig the highs, but the lows are NUTS.
Lotsa bitter tears here

Might be a little low but who knows. I am married with children and can’t remember the last time I had a conversation with a woman other than my wife that was longer than 30 seconds. What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?

Calvin, that numbers based on an analysis done by an economic consultant.
Today 25% of women are on some kind of serious head med for anxiety, depression, OCD, bi-polar, borderline personality disorder, and the like. Another large chunk are under crushing amounts of debt, especially student loans for worthless degrees that added little to no value to them in the work place. Another half are single mothers, half are crazy liberals, and another large portion have body counts so high they can no longer properly pair-bond with a man. In other words, they are no longer capable of love. When you do all the math, allowing for co-variation and the additional things I missed, you get a number between 2% and 2.5%
Originally Posted by high_country_
How'd you old timers make it through the middle 40's? In the same week I can get 3 blowies a day for days on end, then 24 hours later I am banished from touching her for a week, getting screamed at for everything....then flow rolls in for a day or two and I'm back to king status.

I dig the highs, but the lows are NUTS.

I can relate
A/S: I have a good friend who is a pediatrician. As an aside he is a catholic with grown children and younger children, 8 in all. All by the same wife to whom he seems happily married. He tells me there are a lot of thirty something women who have been married had children and then divorced. Now they bring their children in for medical care accompanied by their female live in lover. Wonder what's up with the big switch? Maybe they were lez to start with?
What percentage of men do you consider to be marriage material?

I would say most, I think men are about the same as they have always been.

Worst I’ve seen was in England five years back, in my old home town which is still mostly White. Went to the park with my English cousins and their grandkids. In the park were a number of women, 20’s and 30’s, most with one child, no men present..

I was told that most of these women were single or divorced. Every woman like that represented a father somewhere cut off from his own child. No one to nurture, no one to protect.

And I imagine everyone of these women were staring at their phones instead of watching their children.

Our civil society is gone. This is due to many, many factors: Greed, Socialism, Leftist ideas, breakdown of the family unit, abortion, thug culture, public school education (aka stupidity), The Welfare State, etc.
On the topic of killing Sancho.....

The neighbor of a friend in New Mexico served eleven years in jail. Story was he shot a guy his then-wife was seeing.

The guy didn’t die, hence the short jail term.

He said if he had it to do over he’d have just divorced his wife, given the guy a $20 bill and wished him good luck

It takes two to tango. What does she get out of the deal?
Posted By: Pugs Re: Women and marriage these days - 11/01/21
And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.

How about Florida's forever alimony law?

I have a friend who's wife filed for divorce 20 years and one day after marriage. No kids in the marriage. She gets half his Navy 0-5 retirement (he stayed in to 0-6) and after he retired and took another job she took him back to court and got the judge to up the alimony to $50K a year. They've now been divorced longer than they were married and unless she remarries she gets that $50K and his retired pay forever. She's never done a thing to improve her lot in life just lived off him, even when they were married.

Right? No. Not a chance.

I didn't get married until I was 34 and my wife 36 and it's been a great 24 years but I doubt I'd ever do it again

Proverbs describes the ideal wife.
Originally Posted by Pugs
And I have to laugh at idiots who think their partner in life does not deserve 50% of the gains made during their married life, should he decide to kick her to the curb.There is nothing more appropriate than community property laws.

How about Florida's forever alimony law?

I have a friend who's wife filed for divorce 20 years and one day after marriage. No kids in the marriage. She gets half his Navy 0-5 retirement (he stayed in to 0-6) and after he retired and took another job she took him back to court and got the judge to up the alimony to $50K a year. They've now been divorced longer than they were married and unless she remarries she gets that $50K and his retired pay forever. She's never done a thing to improve her lot in life just lived off him, even when they were married.

Caveat emptor
Proverbs describes the ideal wife.

A Proverbs 31 gal…..with a Badonkadonk…! 👊🏻👍🏻👊🏻👍🏻
Originally Posted by Hastings
A/S: I have a good friend who is a pediatrician. As an aside he is a catholic with grown children and younger children, 8 in all. All by the same wife to whom he seems happily married. He tells me there are a lot of thirty something women who have been married had children and then divorced. Now they bring their children in for medical care accompanied by their female live in lover. Wonder what's up with the big switch? Maybe they were lez to start with?

Hastings,
In general women have my Bi tendencies than men, but there's something more at play here. I've developed a hypothesis that predicts your friends real world observations.

So here's the dynamics at play, in general, men value women based on their youth and beauty, and women value men based on their resources.

The average man makes about 50K today, and if you make 100K that put you close to the top 10% of male incomes. So, the natural equilibrium point in today's sexual market place is that for every point of hotness on a 10 point scale multiply by 10K and that's the income of the men for whom she qualifies, but here's what's happening today and why in marriages where the woman has a college degree, a shocking 90% of divorces are filed by women.

Average Jane (AJ, 5 looks), making 35k or less, perhaps still in college marries average BCJ (Blue Collar Joe, who makes 50K a year). Joe make more than 140% of Jane so everyone is happy. So Jane finishes school, starts working on her career, has a kids or two, and gets a couple of raises. So now Jane's making as much if not more than BCJ, and in he mind is blue collar ways just don't measure up to college educated professionals she's grown accustomed to so she starts becoming unhappy with Joe.

Jane starts posting more highly curated selfies to her social media and generates a large following of thirsty simps who like every photo telling her how beautiful she is. In reality Janes now over 30, has two kids, is overweight to borderline obese but is deluded by her army of simps into thinking she's just as hot as she was in her 20's and deserves better than Joe, so she filed divorce.

So Jane re-enters the dating market as a 3, thinking she qualifies for an 8, 9 or a 10. Unfortunately for her, the guys she wants are dating multiple hot 20 year olds. Worse for her, occasionally, one of these guys will hook up with her on a slow Tuesday night instead of taking care of business himself, but they will never spend any real money on her, introduce her to their friends, or integrate her into their lives. They will use her for the occasional hook up, with will be just enough to feed her delusions of entitlement, but nothing more.

Over the next few years, Janes gets promoted to management becoming a "boss woman", making more money, and raises her standards even higher, wanting a man who's 6" makes 6 figures, has 6 pack abs, not been with another woman in the last 6 months, and is more dominate than her. Unfortunately for her, none of these guys are interested in her, so the only options are to either buy a dog and die alone, or switch to the other team. Regardless she's not going to lower her standards and settle for a decent guy making 50K, because Opera and her college professors told her to never settle, after all, she's the woman, she's the prize, and deserves to have it all.
LOL, I think you have it figured out.
Any money a woman makes is her & her kids money, any money her husband makes is her & her kids money. So marrying a high earner will be a recipe for disaster for the average man.
Antelope_sniper may be too generous on his 2% rating......
Lotsa bitter tears here

Jim,
When you ask never married post wall (over 30) women to describe themselves the top two characteristic are strong and independent. In a dating profile these words translate to stubborn and uncooperative, two characteristics undesirable in a wife. What you don't find in the self descriptions of post wall single women is words like, cooperative, feminism, nurturing, and caring,
Any money a woman makes is her & her kids money, any money her husband makes is her & her kids money. So marrying a high earner will be a recipe for disaster for the average man.

Brother Fubar, for an Oregon guy, you're pretty observant.

Yes, the analysis was performed in a very generous manner.
Antelope Sniper - There's a lot of truth in your tome! Women are a depreciating asset while men are generally an appreciating asset. Unless they are the mother of your children, why would you invest in a depreciating asset? The women's movement has deluded many a your lady into becoming a cum dumpster with the "have it all" BS. Who in their right mind would want some 'gal' who's been passed around and likely carrying herpes, Hep C, and who knows what else by the time they're in their mid-30s, starting to look like crap, and now wanting to 'settle down' now that they hear their biological clock ticking?

Sadly, it works both ways. There's sooo many beta males/simps in their 20s these days who do nothing but play video games and their only interaction with a woman is the porn they look at. Our society has reduced their idea of a man to these days to that of Homer Simpson, unless you're black. They're Greek gods in the media but let's stay on topic. I'm glad I'm not a millennial. My younger son is in college and dealing with this now. Fortunately, he's at a relatively conservative (as far as those go) University in Idaho.
Does a person's history of failed marriages affect his credibility for giving marital advice? On one hand, he might have learned some valuable lessons. Conversely, he might know better what NOT to do, than what to do. I mean, we don't usually want financial advice from broke people, right? Also, it seems rare to have a divorced person accept much responsibility himself for the failed marriage.
Experience is not the best teacher; it never has been and never will be. Evaluated experience is the best teacher. It always has been and always will be. Turning your experience into insight through reflective thinking is the way to go. I think evaluated experience carries a lotta weight.
Lotsa bitter tears here

The biggest problems are now with girls raised by fathers.....it's those raised by single mothers.
Lotsa bitter tears here

Jim,
When you ask never married post wall (over 30) women to describe themselves the top two characteristic are strong and independent. In a dating profile these words translate to stubborn and uncooperative, two characteristics undesirable in a wife. What you don't find in the self descriptions of post wall single women is words like, cooperative, feminism, nurturing, and caring,

You have a myopic view.
Lotsa bitter tears here

Jim,

You have a myopic view.

Jim,

I'm not too worried about your daughter. Growing up on a North Dakota ranch she'll be well grounded in reality, be plenty capable and bring her self agency to any situation, and learn how to cooperate with real men doing real work. Just don't forget about those other qualities that men look for in a good wife.
What? Jim moved?
Originally Posted by antlers
Experience is not the best teacher; it never has been and never will be. Evaluated experience is the best teacher. It always has been and always will be. Turning your experience into insight through reflective thinking is the way to go. I think evaluated experience carries a lotta weight.

I'm not so sure. I think some guys could reflect all afternoon and still end up totally wrong in their conclusions.
Originally Posted by WMR
I'm not so sure. I think some guys could reflect all afternoon and still end up totally wrong in their conclusions.
And they would be the exceptions rather than the rule.
Interesting thread .

Antelope Sniper , You nailed the lesbian diagnoses .
Thanks for the data also , wouldn't have guessed the 2.5% but I when I think it out - fully believable .
AS knows his schit when it comes to this subject matter. He’s posted on it before, and it’s been dead on…!
I think it's kinda funny that we lament the change of gender rolls as deterious to modern relationships but at the same time we recognize the diminished roll that organized religion plays in our households as a net gain.

Things change. The Little Susie Homemaker era is over.

It never really existed...it's just that women had fewer options back in "the good ole days".
Jim I don’t think gender roles are or should be tied to organized religion.

I lament the path our nation ahead taken, but a theocracy ain’t the answer. As a Christian, I don’t want church hierarchy involved at any level in policy making.

You can be a good wife and a good husband without throwing 10% of your income at missionary work and charities who mostly seek to undermine the country by smuggling and abetting millions of wormy, disease ridden coksukers into the country.
Originally Posted by WMR
Does a person's history of failed marriages affect his credibility for giving marital advice? On one hand, he might have learned some valuable lessons. Conversely, he might know better what NOT to do, than what to do. I mean, we don't usually want financial advice from broke people, right? Also, it seems rare to have a divorced person accept much responsibility himself for the failed marriage.

When I was a new State Game Warden in 1981 I was sent to LSU in Baton Rouge for several weeks of basic and POST certification training. We had a class on the perils and pitfalls that LEOs faced in marriage. Our teacher came over from the state police, he had been married 4 times.
AS knows his schit when it comes to this subject matter. He’s posted on it before, and it’s been dead on…!

He is pretty good on the financial markets also.

I lament the path our nation ahead taken, but a theocracy ain’t the answer. As a Christian, I don’t want church hierarchy involved at any level in policy making.

You can be a good wife and a good husband without throwing 10% of your income at missionary work and charities who mostly seek to undermine the country by smuggling and abetting millions of wormy, disease ridden coksukers into the country.

I don't either.

I just think we are kidding ourselves with these "gender rolls".....and that women have changed.

If they have changed....it's because they aren't under the control of the Andersons and Crappy Hamper.

Brother Fubar, for an Oregon guy, you're pretty observant.

Yes, the analysis was performed in a very generous manner.

Thanks buddy..... for not holding my Oregon days against me.... smile

As for wimmens, I spent 23 yrs of my adult life as a single unencumbered heterosexual actively dating male.... your analysis of the American female is spot on.
They have fallen prey to the radical liberal feminist.....
As for young males these days.... well, the young gals seem to have more balls.... and that ain't good
Reading lviker and Gruff's posts in this thread remind me of PaulBarnyard talking about all the arrests he's never made.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

I don't either.

I just think we are kidding ourselves with these "gender rolls".....and that women have changed.

If they have changed....it's because they aren't under the control of the Andersons and Crappy Hamper.

Jim I respectfully disagree, the women have changed.... maybe not the hi line gals ? but the rest have changed in the last 50 years.... significantly
Reading lviker and Gruff's posts in this thread remind me of PaulBarnyard talking about all the arrests he's never made.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

You can rest assured that lvmiker has an elevated opinion ..... of himself and ideals.... a clueless fudd he is.... oh and arrogant, what a combo

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

You can rest assured that lvmiker has an elevated opinion ..... of himself and ideals.... a clueless fudd he is.... oh and arrogant, what a combo

Elevated ideals are apparently beyond the reality of many. Some guys are able to attract and keep superior women, most can't. This fact is clearly illustrated by many of the responses to this OP.

It is a shame that posters weren't required to mention the # of failed:successful relationships as part of the wisdom shared. For irfubar that is relationships with the opposite sex and the same species.

Poosies mistake confidence for arrogance...EVERY SINGLE TIME.

LOL

mike r
Jim I respectfully disagree, the women have changed.... maybe not the hi line gals ? but the rest have changed in the last 50 years.... significantly
Birth control and if that doesn't work abortion brought about the change. Abetted by social programs that pay better than a husband for low income people. If you want to see a prime example of what it does to a society when men are made irrelevant go to an Indian reservation or of course the ghetto.

I don't either.

You mean women suddenly aren't satisfied with just providing sex, a clean house and raising kids?

They never were.

I don't either.

You mean women suddenly aren't satisfied with just providing sex, a clean house and raising kids?

They never were.

Women in combat roles in the Military changed plenty of old ideas and ways.
I married a woman who grew up poor, and taking care of the house and her siblings from an early age(younger than 10 yoa). She values me as a protector, a lover, a friend, and the person in our relationship who makes the decision on how to proceed when we face a problem. Being a good father to our children simply elevated my status. You should see her when someone hits her with some of that modern feminazi talk, like saying I might be “in trouble” or insinuating she might be the “boss” in the relationship. She corrects such illusions immediately and without preamble. She keeps the home, is working to build two different businesses in addition to promoting mine, and works at keeping herself attractive to me as well.

I value her as the treasurer of our resources, the mother to our children, my lover, and a companion in life. As a result, I work hard to improve our home and property, keep my business making more money than we need, and improve our status in our community. When we meet a customer who is pleased, or a person in the community who has had favorable interaction with me, our elevated status in their eyes translates to my status being elevated in her eyes. I work to keep my health and physique up, to be a worthy match to her, as she does for me. When you get married, you like/love that person. If that condition is to remain constant, as much as possible of what first attracted you to that person must remain intact. People get fat and sickly, become morose or lazy, and wonder why they aren’t loved anymore. Hint: It’s because you aren’t the same person you were....

We are working daily to improve our lot, and ourselves. We are accountable to each other in all things, and share the good and the negative as a couple. Its not hard, if both people value the other person enough to work at keeping conditions such that both partners are content to remain in the relationship. If you love that person as yourself, as you should, and act accordingly, a good person cannot help but love you back and work to please you. Yeah, its work. Constant work. But like most work, the results are gratifying. Nothing worth having comes free, and the closest thing you will ever find to unconditional love will come from your dog, not another human. Just my perspective, yours will vary.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

Elevated ideals are apparently beyond the reality of many. Some guys are able to attract and keep superior women, most can't. This fact is clearly illustrated by many of the responses to this OP.

It is a shame that posters weren't required to mention the # of failed:successful relationships as part of the wisdom shared. For irfubar that is relationships with the opposite sex and the same species.

LOL

mike r

Lvmiker has never dealt with a modern psycho bitch..... yet he is an expert.... lmao..... a psycho bitch would eat his naïve azz alive...... hahahahhahaha
As for failed relationships on my part.... I have one under my belt.
As for mistaking arrogance for for confidence..... well it's a fine line... but I can see it clearly and so can others, as displayed by miker arguing endlessly here.
Hey miker, post a pic.... prove you are more than words..... but that would possibly prove you are a internet poser.... I get it.... wink

A couple buddy’s of mine got divorced after two or 3 years each of the 47-57 year old guys were going out with 27, and 28 year olds…

When I asked them WTF ! Are you nuts, they explained to me that both of them dated women 35-55 and each of them said they had SOOOO many hang up’s or issues that it ruined a bunch of time… and sooner or later you’d hit a nasty subject and they’d bring it home.

Huh…. Amidst all the other baloney older women have issues ?

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Oh and mikey..... my wife is a professional that rose in the ranks to where she managed a department with 35 fellow professionals under her jurisdiction.... until she got sick, then I married her and told her she will never have to work again. I take care of her.
If that makes me a loser in your eyes so be it..... as for my success ... well I did it myself and retired at 50.... you?
Originally Posted by WMR

Losing coaches get fired. 😉
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I married a woman who grew up poor, and taking care of the house and her siblings from an early age(younger than 10 yoa). She values me as a protector, a lover, a friend, and the person in our relationship who makes the decision on how to proceed when we face a problem. Being a good father to our children simply elevated my status. You should see her when someone hits her with some of that modern feminazi talk, like saying I might be “in trouble” or insinuating she might be the “boss” in the relationship. She corrects such illusions immediately and without preamble. She keeps the home, is working to build two different businesses in addition to promoting mine, and works at keeping herself attractive to me as well.

I value her as the treasurer of our resources, the mother to our children, my lover, and a companion in life. As a result, I work hard to improve our home and property, keep my business making more money than we need, and improve our status in our community. When we meet a customer who is pleased, or a person in the community who has had favorable interaction with me, our elevated status in their eyes translates to my status being elevated in her eyes. I work to keep my health and physique up, to be a worthy match to her, as she does for me. When you get married, you like/love that person. If that condition is to remain constant, as much as possible of what first attracted you to that person must remain intact. People get fat and sickly, become morose or lazy, and wonder why they aren’t loved anymore. Hint: It’s because you aren’t the same person you were....

We are working daily to improve our lot, and ourselves. We are accountable to each other in all things, and share the good and the negative as a couple. Its not hard, if both people value the other person enough to work at keeping conditions such that both partners are content to remain in the relationship. If you love that person as yourself, as you should, and act accordingly, a good person cannot help but love you back and work to please you. Yeah, its work. Constant work. But like most work, the results are gratifying. Nothing worth having comes free, and the closest thing you will ever find to unconditional love will come from your dog, not another human. Just my perspective, yours will vary.

Wow! What a statement on relationship. Pretty much exactly my views toward my wife. Albeit better than I could articulate it. Wealthy is the man that can say what you did, few and I mean damn few find a spouse they can feel that way about.

Wolf? Are you a religious man?
Am I religious? Not especially. Do I relate to God as a Father, and attempt to do as would please Him to the extent possible? Absolutely.
OldGrayWolf and brother Gruff, congrats on your exceptional spouses and your deliberate decision making and being good husbands..... but the truth is there is a huge amount of luck involved, the only person you can control is yourself.

Many people change for various reason and we have no control over that, you may think you do, but you don't.

People like lvmiker may simply be lucky, but his hubris will not let him be humble and thankful.... the personification of arrogance. Not to mention it's the internet you can be anything you type out... without pic's.......hahahhahaha

Did I mention my wife thinks she won the man lottery? smile

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

Lol I’m supposed to apologize for doing my homework and with a bit of luck having a successful marriage? Doesn’t qualify me for telling anyone why a marriage will fail but I can add to a conversation about how to make it work.

Lmao. Sorry not sorry.

If marriage discussions were pidgeonholed to to only them with failed histories it’d be pretty sad and depressing thread.
OldGrayWolf and brother Gruff, congrats on your exceptional spouses and your deliberate decision making and being good husbands..... but the truth is there is a huge amount of luck involved, the only person you can control is yourself.

Many people change for various reason and we have no control over that, you may think you do, but you don't.

People like lvmiker may simply be lucky, but his hubris will not let him be humble and thankful.... the personification of arrogance. Not to mention it's the internet you can be anything you type out... without pic's.......hahahhahaha

a lot of truth to that. I don’t know how to teach my sons things to avoid that you only are able to learn about your wife after years of actually being married.

I think faith and religion helps to mitigate a lot of downside though
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

a lot of truth to that. I don’t know how to teach my sons things to avoid that you only are able to learn about your wife after years of actually being married.

I think faith and religion helps to mitigate a lot of downside though

Yes cowboy, we can narrow the odds ..... but in the end we are all individuals.
I have been around long enough to see all sides and more losers than winners in the marriage lottery
So let’s draw a parallel. I get in my truck and make it to my destination, hour or so away.

Whew! That was a close one. I’m super lucky.

The fact I don’t drive a ragged out, 30 prior owner rattlebox. That I keep up on oil changes and other maintenance, spend the coin to keep good tires on, and drive safely along with all the innumerable other little things is apparently not pertinent. Yup, I could still get taken out by a meteor, or a random touron driver. But if I play the odds and do my part I’m probably going to make it to my destination
So let’s draw a parallel. I get in my truck and make it to my destination, hour or so away.

Whew! That was a close one. I’m super lucky.

The fact I don’t drive a ragged out, 30 prior owner rattlebox. That I keep up on oil changes and other maintenance, spend the coin to keep good tires on, and drive safely along with all the innumerable other little things is apparently not pertinent. Yup, I could still get taken out by a meteor, or a random touron driver. But if I play the odds and do my part I’m probably going to make it to my destination

Women aren't cars..... that is a point to consider
No metaphor is perfect. That one was pretty good though.

Also, I don’t drive imports. smile

Cars usually don't have snakes under the hood.... lol

They don’t ever have random shidt go wrong? You can’t mitigate that largely by choosing what to buy?

They don’t ever have random shidt go wrong? You can’t mitigate that largely by choosing what to buy?

My exalted Toyota Tacoma schit the bed in the mtns and left me stranded..... according to the campfire illuminati that doesn't happen..... as cumminscowboy said we can play the odds.... but
#import
#import

LOL...... smile

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

Lol I’m supposed to apologize for doing my homework and with a bit of luck having a successful marriage? Doesn’t qualify me for telling anyone why a marriage will fail but I can add to a conversation about how to make it work.

Lmao. Sorry not sorry.

If marriage discussions were pidgeonholed to to only them with failed histories it’d be pretty sad and depressing thread.

When we were engaged my (now) wife got mad one time and said
"I think you are trying to find a reason to breakup and not get married"

"Yep. I am. We can end this with way less trouble now, than later.
And I'm not even considering it ending after the wedding. If there is
any reason not to do it. I want to find it. Now!"

She didn't take it well.
Took a long time for her to understand I mean exactly what I say.
No more, no less.

But I've coached our daughters in that philosophy.
Don't overlook issues when you are twitterpated.
They are only going to grow.

Gotta say, I've often thought about what I'd do if she weren't here?
I got a great wife.
We are a team against the world.

Co-workers wives? Vile creatures!
Can't possibly be worth their cost.
Women, people, have a history, just like cars.

You get one that’s clapped out, been traded in several times, and has a generally sketchy history…..
Well, you’re gonna likely have issues, no matter how sharp it looks.

A woman with good parents, who she has a good healthy relationship with, and a solid upbringing will be a much better bet.

The rest are good for entertainment. They’re the ones you rent, not buy.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

You get one that’s clapped out, been traded in several times, and has a generally sketchy history…..

A woman with good parents, who she has a good healthy relationship with, and a solid upbringing will be a much better bet.

We need a "womanfax" smile
Just look for body filler, bad paint, and a hidden history of prior owners….😂
I have seen some, what I considered to be fairly solid women absolutely destroy their families lately. Makes you think. You just never know how things are going to turn out.

I have seen some, what I considered to be fairly solid women absolutely destroy their families lately. Makes you think. You just never know how things are going to turn out.

This ^

What did they do?
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't imagine not being married or having any kids.

I remember my dad saying the same thing to me when I was 35. I am 56 now and my girlfriend is 59. Neither of us have been married or have any kids.
Why in the hell would anyone in their right mind want to get married in this day and age? I happen to like owning my own schitt.

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Tried it twice. No fuggin way.

It only took one kick to the head for me to figure it out.

My exalted Toyota Tacoma schit the bed in the mtns and left me stranded..... according to the campfire illuminati that doesn't happen..... as cumminscowboy said we can play the odds.... but

“They deserve half I’d just give it to them.”

LOL

Fugking idiots.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

Lmao. Sorry not sorry.

You must have your intellect set to turbo.

LOL
Originally Posted by MadMooner

"Clapped out"!

Almost choked on my coffee.
Congratulations 51 is a terrific accomplishment you are indeed lucky. I’m happy for 30+……..but every minute would be an exaggeration.

I think a better analogy would be a small group of people trying to understand the decline in quality vehicles over the past twenty years while Gruff and lvmike saying “My truck started this morning” until they’re blue in the face.

LOL

Government involvement in marriage is 100% the cause for the decline in marriage. The family court system in the US is beyond repair. Anybody that supports it, is a Fugking Idiot.
“I bought a Ford. It was a total lemon. Fords suck and anybody with a different perspective based on their own experience is retarded. I am the final word on fords!”

Lmao

I seen a comet land in a wheat field once and thought “That the most responsible thing I ever seen!”

JFC, you’ve lost your mind.

LOL
You always fall back to the fuggin comet lol
I bought a Remington 700 one time. It didn’t shoot for shidt. Remingtons are complete pieces of shidt. Anybody that likes them is retarded.

Well I got more stories than that but I think you get the point!

Stop going all AcesNeights on me.

LOL
I bought a Remington 700 one time. It didn’t shoot for shidt. Remingtons are complete pieces of shidt. Anybody that likes them is retarded.

You serious, Clarke?

LOL

Never claimed to be perfect.

LOL

Never claimed to be perfect.

Mr. Responsibility.

LOL
I'm not sure where any guy searching for a quality relationship is looking, but if they spent as much time honey hunting as they do agonizing over sports, deer, trucks, fishing or some other pursuit, very good women are out there. Despite what Travis tells us here on a daily basis, a lot of us are not despicable individuals and if you have something to bring to the party, you can be really attractive to a more desirable life partner. I chose my first one out of the secretarial pool at work, did the kid thing, but the cancer took her. Seven more years of doing the single thing and I just wasn't happy. The light bulb went on when I took a young lady out to dinner and she was lamenting that she couldn't find a good guy even on the Internet. Bingo. Free matching up websites are out there and its a way better resource than peeling someone off a bar stool. From what I can tell, there are a lot more desirable women out there than there are good men looking to get reconnected.
All women are crazy. ALL of them. The level of crazy you can put up with is what defines a relationship with one of them.
Originally Posted by Windfall
I'm not sure where any guy searching for a quality relationship is looking, but if they spent as much time honey hunting as they do agonizing over sports, deer, trucks, fishing or some other pursuit, very good women are out there. Despite what Travis tells us here on a daily basis, a lot of us are not despicable individuals and if you have something to bring to the party, you can be really attractive to a more desirable life partner. I chose my first one out of the secretarial pool at work, did the kid thing, but the cancer took her. Seven more years of doing the single thing and I just wasn't happy. The light bulb went on when I took a young lady out to dinner and she was lamenting that she couldn't find a good guy even on the Internet. Bingo. Free matching up websites are out there and its a way better resource than peeling someone off a bar stool. From what I can tell, there are a lot more desirable women out there than there are good men looking to get reconnected.

What’s the rest of the story?
Posted By: ppfd Re: Women and marriage these days - 11/02/21
I’m 53 and never been married.
Daughters mom and I were together 26 years. Split up a few years ago.

Been seeing a gal in her late 30’s past 4-5 years.

Just never seen a reason to sign a contract with the state.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lvmiker has never dealt with a modern psycho bitch..... yet he is an expert.... lmao..... a psycho bitch would eat his naïve azz alive...... hahahahhahaha
As for mistaking arrogance for for confidence..... well it's a fine line... but I can see it clearly and so can others, as displayed by miker arguing endlessly here.
Hey miker, post a pic.... prove you are more than words..... but that would possibly prove you are a internet poser.... I get it.... wink

Lol.

lvmiker always warring wit somebody here, and not liberals. 😆😂

I'll just leave this here:

Secretary pool??

What are you, 90?

Alright man, gotta ask. You’ve referred in the past to your wife. How long have you been married, and on a scale 1-10 rate yourself and your old lady on all the salient points.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lol.

EEK! Some inertnet toughies don't like me. "warring" on the web, LMAO. Go kick some more liberal azz they are easy targets worthy of your anonymous ire.

mike r
Alright man, gotta ask. You’ve referred in the past to your wife. How long have you been married, and on a scale 1-10 rate yourself and your old lady on all the salient points.

You will not be allowed to join our he-man woman haters club!

I don't think this question is directed towards me , but I will rate myself a solid "10" and yes, I am biased so there is that..... smile

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lol.

EEK! Some inertnet toughies don't like me. "warring" on the web, LMAO. Go kick some more liberal azz they are easy targets worthy of your anonymous ire.

mike r

Knew I could smoke ya back out. Lol.

😆😂

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lol.

mike r

I swear I could dump a box of rubber dicks out in the woods and lvmiker would come crawling out of the brush and start sorting through them to find one that fits just right..... lmao

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lol.

mike r

I swear I could dump a box of rubber dicks out in the woods and lvmiker would come crawling out of the brush and start sorting through them to find one that fits just right..... lmao

That you have a box of dicks is hardly a surprise. You and dirt are like internet ninjas, LMAO

mike r
Y'all be sure and let a feller know if ya get them wimmens figured out.

A day doesn't go by that mine disappoints in the WTF was that about or WhyTF does she want to do that category?

Billy,

21 years ago I married a smoking hot SE Asian girl seven years my junior. That was 6 kids ago. Number 3 graduates this year.

As for me, I'm 6 foot tall, 12% body fat, and work in Financial Data Analytics. We both still get hit on by people in their 20's.

I won't be posting any pics of my wife and daughters, your old hillbilly heart couldn't handle it and I wouldn't want to be responsible for killing any of you old farts with weak hearts.

Billy,

21 years ago I married a smoking hot SE Asian girl seven years my junior. That was 6 kids ago. Number 3 graduates this year.

As for me, I'm 6 foot tall, 12% body fat, and work in Financial Data Analytics. We both still get hit on by people in their 20's.

I won't be posting any pics of my wife and daughters, your old hillbilly heart couldn't handle it and I wouldn't want to be responsible for killing any of you old farts with weak hearts.

More power to ya and your lady.

I really liked your analysis. Got me to thinking........
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Billy,

More power to ya and your lady.

I really liked your analysis. Got me to thinking........

Thank you Blu, I appreciate your kind words. Hopefully these conversations will help guys better understand the nature of women and enable them to make more informed decisions regarding how, or even if, they wish to engage with this most interesting quarry, and the risks involved.

Billy,

So.. to summarize.. you married a Biden voter?

Lol. smile

Billy,

Lol,. smile

Funny thing about women, they will change their political religious and philosophical beliefs to match those of their man, so if your wife's voting for Biden it's because she doesn't sufficiently respect you as a leader. Mine hands her ballot to me and signs it once it's completed.
I'm still waiting for the how to on the perimenapausal years can be survived. Do I just give her half now or does this period (no pun intended) finally chill out and these glorious unicorn years you speak of materialize?

I love my wife when she's not nuts, but I get scared of her when she is.
Men marry who they want, woman Marries who they can.
If I were single I’d get more bumper than a body shop.

Billy,

Lol. smile

Buddy, I don't even start out in that way of thinking based on AS comments. I sense that he is just keeping private what should be. Its his bidness. Doesn't have jack diddly to do with Brandon. I feel the same way, that's why I havent posted any such pics on this site over all the years.
lvmiker,

Are you fully vaccinated?

LOL
lvmiker,

LOL

Well yeah.

But, the vax he got was the special one, that isn't available ta just anybody.

The antibodies is more shapely, and the spikes sharper.
lvmiker,

LOL

Well yeah.

But, the vax he got was the special one, that isn't available ta just anybody.

The antibodies is more shapely, and the spikes sharper.

Oh well Fook me.

LOL
Miker is special.... just ask him..... hahhahahahaha
I'm still waiting for the how to on the perimenapausal years can be survived. Do I just give her half now or does this period (no pun intended) finally chill out and these glorious unicorn years you speak of materialize?

Divorce is the least painful option......

Billy,

Lol,. smile

Funny thing about women, they will change their political religious and philosophical beliefs to match those of their man, so if your wife's voting for Biden it's because she doesn't sufficiently respect you as a leader. Mine hands her ballot to me and signs it once it's completed.

So.. you stuffing ballot boxes, too? smile

I thought they only did that in Georgia.

Lol.
lvmiker,

LOL

Not yet, I am waiting for the latest insights from you and jag. Thanks for your concern.

LOL, PTL

mike r

HC, in general, those are not fun years. The average age for a midlife crisis is 47, and for most Americans their unhappiest year is when they are 46, and 50% of all divorces occur during a midlife crisis. Presuming you are both on your first marriage there's a 50% chance that at some point you will split, so, you have a 75% of making it through her midlife crisis with the marriage intact. If you make it past that, your odd improve significantly and you're probably safe to buy adjoining cemetery plots.
Hormones. Or lack there of.
You guys just don’t understand the modern woman. It’s not your girl, it’s just your turn.
Originally Posted by wyoelk
You guys just don’t understand the modern woman. It’s not your girl, it’s just your turn.

Truth.
lvmiker,

LOL

Not yet, I am waiting for the latest insights from you and jag. Thanks for your concern.

LOL, PTL

mike r

I think you're fibbing.

LOL

Fugking Idiots.

LOL

mike r

Lol.

Ha, you noticed too. Very perceptive.

Im thinking hes a poser and is actually the genius head of a multinational corporation and just toys with us for fun.

I've said this before on here but my wife is going through the "pause" now and she got nicer. True Story. lol
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I've said this before on here but my wife is going through the "pause" now and she got nicer. True Story. lol

I've heard of these unicorns.

Billy,

Thanks for your candid answer. My question wasn’t a jab, just wanted context for your responses. Congrats, sounds like you’ve done very well for yourself. smile. I don’t blame you for not posting pics. I’ll never post a pic of my wife or kids on here again.

So how many points do you rate yourself over your wife since she’s still there?

Billy,

Thanks for your candid answer. My question wasn’t a jab, just wanted context for your responses. Congrats, sounds like you’ve done very well for yourself. smile. I don’t blame you for not posting pics. I’ll never post a pic of my wife or kids on here again.

So how many points do you rate yourself over your wife since she’s still there?

BGG, since this thread isn't about me, but women and marriage in general I'll give an answer with greater general applicability to everyone here.

Women's Sexual Market Place Value (SMV) is highly age dependent, which reflects their general beauty and fertility.
A man's value's largely contingent upon his ability to provide a safe, comfortable, stable environment.

Depending on the study, women's SMV peaks around 20-23 and fall off quickly after 25.
Men peak much later, around 35 to 45 and have a much more gradual decline.

This chart isn't exactly to scale, but it give you a general idea of how relative SMV's change over time.
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

When I married my wife she was a solid 10, right near the top of the curve and I was still in the ascending phase, so after 6 kids and 20+ years, those dynamics shifted in my favor, as they have for the majority of Fire Members who's still married after 20+ years.
I'm not going back through the pages to check but did anyone post this yet?

I've watched that video at least twice a year since it first came out. I marvel at it's simplicity and accuracy, and his presentation is almost standup comedian grade.
This is another one I watch every year. Brilliantly done.
That's a good one too, LOL
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Well of course, she is more like a man...with a gentle even disposition, a balanced outlook, and a more thoughtful demeanour.

added. Good luck selling her that though as she will have a hot flush and revert, leaving you confused and somewhat baffled at the strange turn reality has just taken.

Well of course, she is more like a man...with a gentle even disposition, a balanced outlook, and a more thoughtful demeanour.

LOL. Just like a lot of the more prolific posters on the Hunter's Campfire.

I think a better analogy would be a small group of people trying to understand the decline in quality vehicles over the past twenty years while Gruff and lvmike saying “My truck started this morning” until they’re blue in the face.

LOL

Government involvement in marriage is 100% the cause for the decline in marriage. The family court system in the US is beyond repair. Anybody that supports it, is a Fugking Idiot.

One could well say, "He who ends up in fam........."

No, never mind. It would go right over his head.
I knew my wife quite well for several months before we started dating at age 25. I knew her parents, I knew her grandparents, I knew her aunts and uncles and cousins.

I started going to her house after work and would fall asleep on the couch, and get up and go to work again.

After about three weeks of "practically" living together, my lovely Angel went all Satan on me for a couple days. WT Holy F?

Then I saw a bloody tampon in the bathroom garbage. Oh, all right. I can handle two or three days of terror for the wonder she brings to the rest of the month.

39 years later. It's the best "bargain" I ever made.
That seems to be luck or bad luck off the draw. My wife has never been moody in relation to that. But has a sister who always has been. My wife is rather unsympathetic toward females who can’t maintain their emotional state and whine.

Of course she’s never been sympathetic when I’m injured either lol. More like “shut the fugk up and go to work”. “But I literally have a metal sliver in my eye”. “Should’ve worn glasses. Sounds like that would hurt” lol
© 24hourcampfire