Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Gristle
My best friend got bucked off of his mule last fall. Broke 8 ribs on his left side and popped his lung. It took him several weeks before he could do most anything. The worst part, he said, was when 6 days after he was released from the hospital, he had to go back in because he couldn’t schit. The pain meds had just about completely stopped him up. He said that it took nearly 4 liters of solution to unplug him. He also said that when everything broke free, people in the parking lot heard him holler. He felt so bad for the nurse that helped him, he got her a $200 gift card.

Colace or Walmart equivalent (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-S...fe81dfad5f732acf0935b0e&gclsrc=3p.ds)
is your huckleberry.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you made it out of that steel trap alive
I know someone who broke them on one side who had the same pain a month later than he did the same day. He could not cough, breath deeply, or sleep on that side. There was something he learned that helped.
I finally defrosted and cleaned my freezer and it's Way past my bed time. Remind me PM if I don't get back here tomorrow and I'll explain exactly what he did. It will take a little while, but he fully recovered quick afterwards.

Later,

HC

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/31/21.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
In the mean time, get a .410. Best of luck.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
A duck ain't worth pushing it. I'd say 8 weeks minimum.

Ya gotta breath, but no deep breaths if you can avoid them, at least at first. You will find out quick coughing, sneezing, laughing, bending wrong, force farting, bowel straining, etc is to be avoided if possible.

Make friends with your recliner.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Youre screwed

Gonna be hurting for a good few weeks.

I popped something about a month ago under my bottom rib, still hurts lay on my right side in the bed.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How many of the posters here remember how tough you were at 30? Yeah, it’s going to hurt, but if he’s a duck hunter, he’s used to pain. 😉

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I know someone who broke them on one side who had the same pain a month later than he did the same day. He could not cough, breath deeply, or sleep on that side. There was something he learned that helped.
I finally defrosted and cleaned my freezer and it's Way past my bed time. Remind me PM if I don't get back here tomorrow and I'll explain exactly what he did. It will take a little while, but he fully recovered quick afterwards.

Later,

HC

Of course you do.

Be sure to post up your charlatan shít here for all to see what snake oil you’re selling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I fell, I broke 6 ribs and I blowed out a lung. But I had so many other injuries that I hurt all over. I was in the hospital 70 days and couldn't take a real deep breath when I got out.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I pee myself thinking about 8. I only broke two, twice, a SAR training accident and got thrown off Ben, the mule. I re-injure them every couple years doing the dumbest things! If you are active , they will let you know how much recovery time you need!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Tore a rib loose from my sternum playing softball it took longer than when I broke a couple,

Tore one loose from coughing, due to bronchitis.
Chiropractor laughed and said "it's gonna be gettin ya for a long time"

Can't even sasy how long it hurt.
Quite a few months with certain movements.

So long that I got used to it.
Then, one day I realized it hadn't hurt in awhile.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
I’m 33 years old probably 30 pounds over weight and at this point I can’t sit up without help.

Bummer ........ Wait till you sneeze.

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I’m 33 years old probably 30 pounds over weight and at this point I can’t sit up without help.

Bummer ........ Wait till you sneeze.

Sneeze
Fart
Burp
Cough
Laugh
Move
Hiccup

It all hurts like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Not as tough as I thought I was for sure. LOL

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A couple of months. Don’t push it. Couple ibuprofen morning and evening will help get the soreness out.

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by hanco
A couple of months. Don’t push it. Couple ibuprofen morning and evening will help get the soreness out.

I had the idea that I could do this without narcotics because I’ve never taken one and wanted to keep it that way.

Not a chance if that happening.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Broke several ribs when the strap broke on my saddle as I was coming up out of a ditch and the majority of my weight was shifted to one stirrup. It was several months before I could sleep on year side again. Hurt to cough for a long time also.

CK
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Four broken ribs here, all on the left side. It hurt to do much of anything for a week or so. They were healed up after about 6 weeks. Pain management was very aggressive, essentially Vicodin as needed. That had more to do with the broken shoulder and shattered femur than the ribs though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Later,

HC

Of course you do.

Be sure to post up your charlatan shít here for all to see what snake oil you’re selling.

I didn't know wild pigs were common in Alaska.
Learn something new every day. I'm told not to cast my pearls before swine. That goes for Alaskan swine.

You know I've never sold a thing here, but it's easy for pathological liers like yourself to make railing accusations and hope some fool believes it.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 11/01/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hanco

I had the idea that I could do this without narcotics because I’ve never taken one and wanted to keep it that way.

Not a chance if that happening.

You can. My ribs hurt me the worst when I tried laying in bed to sleep. Recliner took care of that. I started being able to do things, like cough and laugh and not hurt at about 3 weeks. You'll know when you do too much. No pain medication of any kind for me either.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I didn't know wild pigs were common in Alaska.
Learn something new every day. I'm told not to cast my pearls before swine. That goes for Alaskan swine.

You know I've never sold a thing here, but it's easy for pathological liers like yourself to make railing accusations and hope some fool believes it.

Similarly, "snake oil salesman" is a common expression used to describe someone who sells, promotes, or is a general proponent of some valueless or fraudulent cure, remedy, or solution.

Glad to see you still toggle.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,054
Posts18,521,335
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.