Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...buse-student-darnell-cookman/6201621001/

just what was she thinking?
A Duval Schools English teacher who was just named Teacher of the Year at Darnell-Cookman Middle/High has been charged with a count of child abuse against a student at the school.

Caroline Melanie Lee, 60, was arrested Friday.

The arrest came after a student said Lee called her into her classroom to speak privately and allegedly struck her on the face causing a bloody nose, according to a Duval Schools Police report.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You know that attitude flight attendants have since 9/11?

That’s how teachers are since the Bologna Virus.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Soo I'm guessing that student is a no for Teacher of the Year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If she's black, and the child white, she'll get hero status.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
What caused the reaction? Disrespect? Mouthing off? Mayhap the kid earned it maybe not.. i know theres many here whos gonna say if my child had gotten slapped Id have... but somtimes thats exactly the teaching method thats needed. Somtimes not...in elementary we had a principle who would flat out put knots on your head..an we had respect for him even after we graduated high school.. need more like him

I AM AMERICA!
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If she's black, and the child white, she'll get hero status.

Slapped the disrespect right outta that little biotch!

Served her right…

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hosfly
What caused the reaction? Disrespect? Mouthing off? Mayhap the kid earned it maybe not.. i know theres many here whos gonna say if my child had gotten slapped Id have... but somtimes thats exactly the teaching method thats needed. Somtimes not...in elementary we had a principle who would flat out put knots on your head..an we had respect for him even after we graduated high school.. need more like him

Good teachers that I have known have been lost to the system and quit their jobs because they weren't even allowed to control the little darlings in the classroom. Parents weren't doing their own jobs and leaving a mess for others to take care of then bitching and threatening when the others tried to do that job.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You smack my kid it's your ass.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by g5m

Good teachers that I have known have been lost to the system and quit their jobs because they weren't even allowed to control the little darlings in the classroom. Parents weren't doing their own jobs and leaving a mess for others to take care of then bitching and threatening when the others tried to do that job.

This, in spades (no pun intended). Well, maybe sort of intended.

The key word in the OP's blurb is "allegedly".

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by g5m

agree 100%. If they are so disrespctful that they need smacked usually the parent has let the kid down an needs a smack too

I AM AMERICA!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
According to the news story.....

The kid was not that teacher’s student this year, the teacher says the kid had previously sent veiled death threats on Instagram.

“Of Mice and Men” taught in class? OK prob’ly in an advanced upper-level course, not likely a class filled with dysfunctional kids. Teacher of the Year? OK so the teacher prob’ly ain’t a slug either.

There’s a backstory not being told here, the animosity between the teacher and the kid sounds personal and longstanding.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

My Dad's philosophy but maybe if Dad had smacked that kid first the teacher wouldn't have had to.

Now if a teacher smacked me and and Dad found out... ( I probably would never have told him) .then went up to confront the teacher and was told I had made death threats....the teacher is probably not the one going to get smacked by Dad.

Some kids ....ain't kids either.

Last edited by kenjs1; 11/01/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jim, I don't know you and have never met you or your kids. From what I have seen here on the Campfire, I can't imagine one of your kids ever doing anything that would deserve that kind of treatment so I can relate to your position. Your kids appear to have been blessed with exceptional parents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from static.independent.co.uk]

LMAO

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever the merits of either side in this case, in the end the kid has won.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Alot of kids and parents need a good slap! Kids these days can make adult decisions with no adult responsibility or accountability for their actions or words. After they get their arse handed to them, then they claim to be a victim.

Last edited by Esox357; 11/01/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The teaching profession is no different than any other profession -- lot of inner politics and secrets.

Same for teachers --- some are excellent, some good, some so-so, some subpar, some real losers and a few are total nut cases.

Son had a teacher in elementary school that was borderline psycho. Middle aged divorced woman, nothing special going for her in looks or figure, no children of her own, stated she never wanted kids herself or even liked them and wished she had never become a school teacher. Said she had accumulated too many years of tenure already to give up teaching now so she had to stick it out until she could retire.

She ran with a group of mostly other teachers and they often partied hard on weekends, usually in towns away from home turf where they were less likely of being recognized so they could really 'let it all hang out'. She was known to come to work on Monday mornings after a weekend of hard partying all hungover and in a foul mood . More than once she went into rages at the slightest perceived provocation and commence to cussing and flipping student's desks over. She had numerous complaints against her on her record but she had enough dirt on other educators who ran with her crowd, including some in high levels, who always covered up her transgressions. The school principal was one. The principal also a divorced, childless, middle-aged female, had an ongoing affair with a married male principal at a elementary school in a nearby town.

For some unknown reason she had a grudge against our son who was around 11 - 12 at the time and really started to focus her rages on him specifically. Her and her partner in sin, the principal, were accusing son of things he adamantly denied and were both at the same time double-teaming 'counseling' him privately, without our knowledge or permission, trying to get him to admit to what they wanted him to. He was literally terrified no one would believe him...

We finally just transferred son to another school in an adjacent county where he excelled making the honor roll repeatedly, winning awards and was highly praised by teachers.

Psycho teacher made it to retirement age and did so. Principal was later promoted to a office on county board of education at a 6 figure salary.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Her job is gone even if she didn’t do it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
False flag operation. That old woman looks like she could hardly crack an egg.

As far as smacking kids goes, If I'd been smacked - and deserved it - my dad would have come down on me with both boots. There were no excuses in my upbringing for me to be a little prick; though me and my buddies still were, especially in jr high!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sounds like the snitching crybaby needed a smack.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 11/01/21.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 49 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,801
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.