Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
My neighbor’s 22 year old son was in town over the weekend. His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk. She's always seriously emotional about pretty much everything.

So I get the phone call later that day that my neighbor needs a drink and he’s coming over. He relates the whole matter and how his wife reacted. I said, Would she rather find a pack of cigarettes or piles of bottles? There are worse things in the world than a joint, like cancer and death from drunk driving. He’s a very conservative guy, but totally gets the unfounded hysteria over pot.

So what is everyone’s take on the issue of Cannabis? Would you rather your adult children be addicted to nicotine or alcohol, or smoke the occasional joint?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In almost 30 years of picking up garbage (drunks & drug addicts) as a firefighter weed doesn’t warrant a mention.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't smoke it. Been decades since I did and even then I didn't inhale. smile

I'd rather have neighbors that puffed than drank too much. It's been legal in Canada for a couple yrs now. It surprises me who takes part in it now who wouldn't before. High on the job or on the road are my two big issues with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Sounds like his wife doesn't get it. good of you to be a shoulder for your neighbor, sounds like he has more to deal with likely on a constant basis from her. If it was me I would have a talk with my wife and remind her he's a grown man who has to make his own decisions and although they may not approve they need to respect it and move on. No good will come from her actions. The only way I would understand is if he was fresh out of rehab and ordered to stay sober etc. and it was out of concern he might relapse, but even then see the above answer, it's his life. I'd say you handled it well, a beacon of perspective without inserting yourself into the mess. Good on you

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
My neighbor’s 22 year old son was in town over the weekend. His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk.

Is the wife a church bird? That may be the cause of her concern.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I love exceedingly emotional over-reactive women. All that high pitch wailing and screaming.

It like being eaten alive by Jaws, but no actual sharks are required.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

So what is everyone’s take on the issue of Cannabis? Would you rather your adult children be addicted to nicotine or alcohol, or smoke the occasional joint?
[/quote]

Let’s see, addicted to cigarettes or alcohol, or smoking a joint occasionally.
I’ll take none of the above, as did my kids. They drink a beer, or glass of wine occasionally, but never touch a cigarette.

I’m not a big anti pot guy, I really don’t care either way, but your question is about addiction vs occasional use of a joint. That’s comparing apples to lug nuts.
I don’t know the laws in your state, is pot legal? Alcohol and cigarettes likely are legal.

Last edited by dale06; 11/02/21.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Sounds like his wife doesn't get it. good of you to be a shoulder for your neighbor, sounds like he has more to deal with likely on a constant basis from her. If it was me I would have a talk with my wife and remind her he's a grown man who has to make his own decisions and although they may not approve they need to respect it and move on. No good will come from her actions. The only way I would understand is if he was fresh out of rehab and ordered to stay sober etc. and it was out of concern he might relapse, but even then see the above answer, it's his life. I'd say you handled it well, a beacon of perspective without inserting yourself into the mess. Good on you

^^^this^^^

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
At least she didnt find a f ag mag and some lube

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I expect the biden cartel to legalize pot use soon.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1. Stay the hell out of your neighbors' arguments.

2. Humans have done everything possible to get high since Oog munched a mushroom. Especially rationalizing how harmless it is.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has your neighbor dug the hole and seeded with lime yet?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Other than the connection with laziness, violent crime, depression, psychosis and cancer, there's not a thing wrong with pot.

Politics is War by Other Means
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody batts an eye here about it. On the reservation near me is no less than 20 weed shops in a 5 mile stretch of road....I don't know how they compete with one another.
As mentioned, surprising how many People smoke it, everyone has tried CBD for pain, but I see People in their 80's smoking weed often. Booze and hard drugs has destroyed many more lives than weed.

Now they want to de-criminalize small amounts of cocaine, heroin etc....yet the same People are imposing a Vaccine mandate that is ruining lives wants to turn a blind eye to the harder drugs, bizarre.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by poboy
I expect the biden cartel to legalize pot use soon.

Prohibition didn't stop people from drinking.

The gov't spent a fortune trying to stop the sale and use of booze and it made some criminals very rich.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I don’t approve or support its use whatsoever! Use of that garbage leads millions into a life of addiction and misery!

40 years as an LEO, I’ve seen it destroy people after leading them into other drugs!

Nothing good comes from it being “legalized”! In fact, it is just the opposite!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I just love the quality that comes with the pot culture. Like, who doesn’t want to hang out at one of these smoke shops? Lots of good folks going in and out of those places. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
My neighbor’s 22 year old son was in town over the weekend. His nosy wife decided to check out Jr’s vehicle (which he purchased with his own money) only to find an unsmoked joint in his car. She then blows a gasket and has a complete and comprehensive meltdown as if she discovered a dead body in his trunk. She's always seriously emotional about pretty much everything.

So I get the phone call later that day that my neighbor needs a drink and he’s coming over. He relates the whole matter and how his wife reacted. I said, Would she rather find a pack of cigarettes or piles of bottles? There are worse things in the world than a joint, like cancer and death from drunk driving. He’s a very conservative guy, but totally gets the unfounded hysteria over pot.

Wait til that marijuana is laced with fentanyl...

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
At least she didnt find a f ag mag and some lube

Now that is an excellent point.

Not sure why his wife is wound so tight, but she would drive me to drinking.... more.

As a Libertarian, I don't see the issue with Cannabis nor the motivation to tell anyone else how to live their life - especially within the confines of their home. It becomes a slippery slope when we as a society begin deciding which addictive and destructive products are OK and which one's are evil. Tobacco and alcohol have killed millions more than Covid or Cannabis but you don't see folks getting all twitchy over that.

About the only thing dangerous about Cannabis is the threat of the local donut shop running out of product. Legalize it and move on to bigger social problems like black violence.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I don’t approve or support its use whatsoever! Use of that garbage leads millions into a life of addiction and misery!

40 years as an LEO, I’ve seen it destroy people after leading them into other drugs!

Nothing good comes from it being “legalized”! In fact, it is just the opposite!

This. Were I in your neighbor's situation I'd:

Be enraged.
Have a severely fractured relationship with my kid
Really have to figure out where I went from there relationship-wise. It would be pretty much the same as having my kid become a sex trade worker, democrat, molester, or neo-nazi. The utter repulsiveness of it would rule my thoughts.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.