Gee. I wonder why manufacturers close up and go outside US borders? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by OldHat

In the US the unions vote democrat overwhelmingly.

Union leadership is in bed with democrats but the days of union workers blindly supporting democrats is long over. Anyone earning a middle class wage would be crazy to vote for democrats today. Democrats are the party of illegal aliens, non-working welfare cheats, and multi-millionaire east and west coast lefties, they abandoned people who work for a living long ago.

Deere's plants are mostly in Iowa and Kansas, I doubt there are many Biden voters amongst their workers.

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And as usual the resident jack-asses start pointing the finger and shouting "commie"...too stupid to realize it is mostly working men trying to do for their families.

I don't give a flying fuck what they vote...they are doing for their own which is what we all do.

Or don't you think workers should be able to stand and bargain to do better...maybe you think they should just roll over and take a screwing like obedient dogs.

Screw you.

More on the contract they were voting on.

By Carson J.S. Reichardt
Published: Nov. 1, 2021 at 3:26 AM UTC

DES MOINES, Iowa (WOI) - The United Auto Workers (UAW) revealed new details today in the tentative agreement reached between the union and John Deere after workers have been on strike for more than two weeks.

Union workers have raised concerns over wages, pensions and health care benefits. Under the new proposal, wages will increase by 10% in the first year, then increase by 5% every other year—with 3% lump sum payments every year in between.

There will also be a post-retirement health care fund for workers, with an additional $2,000 in seed money per year of service. Finally, all employees will be eligible for a retirement bonus of up to $50,000, based on the number of years they’ve worked for Deere.

When the new agreement comes up for a vote, workers said they’re confident in their bargaining position.

ADVERTISEMENT
“Deere is not in any position to play too many games,” said Chris Laursen, a member of UAW’s Local 74 chapter. “I mean, they have some loyal customers out there, many of them that stand by us, support our strike. Give us something fair, and let’s get back to work and take care of these farmers.”

UAW President Ray Curry also voiced support for the agreement.

“Our UAW John Deere national bargaining team went back to our local members after the previous tentative agreement and canvassed the concerns and priorities of membership,” UAW President Ray Curry said. “We want to thank the UAW bargaining team and striking UAW members and their families for the sacrifices they have made to achieve these gains. Our members have enjoyed the support of our communities and the entire labor movement nationwide as they have stood together in support and solidarity these past few weeks.”

Voting on the new contract is currently scheduled for November 2 at 10 a.m. At least until then, strikers will remain on the picket lines.

Last edited by 79S; 11/04/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Newsflash, lots of UAW people are not democrats

Last edited by hookeye; 11/04/21.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Why is that?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Why is that?

Generally so they can screw someone else harder.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
And I bet a lot of critics wish they had a decent job w benefits.

Unfortunately these days its a two tier system and it takes several years to get full wage, and theres no pension.

Low seniority also means bumped to diff shifts, while higher chase the overtime or just swap for whatever.

One could very well be missing lots of family time working a hot and crappy job

Sure some folks dont do much and seem to phouk off all the time.

But the union aint stupid and luckily has good workers in the right places to take up the slack.

Outside of Detroit or St Louis i reckon the republican numbers or workers much higher

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Why is that?

No OSHA or EPA

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Why is that?

Generally so they can screw someone else harder.

I wanted the "know it all" to answer. Tax structure is a huge reason for moving out of the U. S. but I doubt he knows that.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
All the hippies are cool w Dukfook dumping barrels of Tric in the creek out back across the pond as long as the Apple goodies keep comin.

Dunno what Pedros dumping

IC B3

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is what workers voted on Tuesday:

Wages
According to a contract summary, workers would receive an immediate 10% increase in wages in the first year and an additional 5% in the third and fifth years. But some of that increase is tied to inflation through cost of living adjustments (COLA), which have the potential to change.
The proposed COLA would adjust every three months with inflation. The first adjustment would be effective in December.
On the second, fourth, and six years, workers would get 3% lump sum payments. Upon ratification of the contract, workers would receive a $8,500 bonus.
Health care
There would be no changes in the cost of health insurance under the new agreement. Workers would pay $0 in premiums, have no deductibles or coinsurance, and no changes in co-pays.
Union members would receive two weeks of fully-paid parental leave. The insurance would also cover autism care and vision costs, including exams, frames, and lenses.
New hires would receive health care coverage after 30 days of employment on the first of the following month.
Retirement
Current and future union workers would choose between the traditional-plus and choice-plus retirement plans.
The traditional-plus plan allows employees to have a defined benefits pension, an increased multiplier for monthly pension for each year of service and fully own their pension after three years of service. The traditional-plus plan’s post-retirement health care fund offers cash balance savings. There will also be $2,000 of seed money per year of service.
The choice-plus plan includes a dollar for dollar 401(k) match up to 6% for 2022, then $0.70-$1 match for each year after. The specific match amount would be determined based on company profits. The company will also contribute 5% of employees’ annual wages to their 401(k).
The retirement bonus for both plans would total $37,500 for 10-24 years of service and $50,000 for 25 years or more.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
They should quit and perhaps start a new career, maybe coding.

Yeah no surprise why there smaller <200 horse power are made elsewhere. ( I believe )

I ran a 7150r sweet tractor, but made in Germany…

79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Seems the big hang up is post retirement health care coverage.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If its tier 2 system that 401k wont get much worker contribution.....hollow promise until one is about topped out on wage.

Yeah the company puts some in, but it aint gonna be a pension.

Maybe young workers can do alright. Those coming in late, are gonna be fugged if they're the bread winner.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Union leadership is in bed with democrats but the days of union workers blindly supporting democrats is long over. Anyone earning a middle class wage would be crazy to vote for democrats today. Democrats are the party of illegal aliens, non-working welfare cheats, and multi-millionaire east and west coast lefties, they abandoned people who work for a living long ago.

Deere's plants are mostly in Iowa and Kansas, I doubt there are many Biden voters amongst their workers.

Biden took 45% of the vote in Iowa and probably about the same in Kansas. So somebody is obliviously voting democrat.

In MN an MI the unions are part of the democrat machine and always have been. There may be a shift, which I am grateful for, but unions still vote their pocket books, and democrats still protect them far more than republicans.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 79S
Seems the big hang up is post retirement health care coverage.

How much goes gov when one turns 65?
Without coverage til then, retiring early might be rather risky.

And repetitive motion, accidents....a lot of workers aint gonna be working til 65.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Biden took 45% of the vote in Iowa and probably about the same in Kansas. So somebody is obliviously voting democrat.

In MN an MI the unions are part of the democrat machine and always have been. There may be a shift, which I am grateful for, but unions still vote their pocket books, and democrats still protect them far more than republicans.

Democrats have long since stopped supporting workers and that includes unions. Democrats talk support but never produce any.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm not against unions. I know wall street would rape the workers in this country in a heart beat.

Unions just suffer from the same problem the people on wall street suffer from.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Democrats have long since stopped supporting workers and that includes unions. Democrats talk support but never produce any.

Yup. Its all about keeping the fat corrupt cats in Detroit happy.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

The UAW doesn't think so...unless I missed their unwavering support for Trump the last two elections.

I have a friend who works at the Waterloo plant. He isn't in the union.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,573
Posts18,531,952
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.