Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
79S Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Damn who would vote no on that type of contract wow. Oh wait greedy uaw members.

On Tuesday, John Deere's UAW members voted to reject an offer from the company that would have meant a 30% pay raise over the six-year term of the contract, along with an $8,500 ratification bonus and new paid parental leave, among other benefits boosts, while maintaining their zero-premium health care coverage.

Roughly 55% of John Deere's UAW membership voted down the deal. The initial offer was rejected by 90% of workers, and would have meant immediate pay raises of 5% and 6% depending on the worker, with 3% raises in subsequent years.

After workers turned down the second deal, Deere & Co. chief administrative officer Marc Howze told Bloomberg, "The agreement that we provided is frankly our best and final offer. In order for us to be competitive we have gone as far as we're gonna go."

Howze added, "We're not going back to the bargaining table. There's nothing else to bargain about."

Upon news of the second rejection on Tuesday of the contract covering more than 10,000 Deere workers in several Midwest states, Howze said in a statement that the company would "execute the next phase of our Customer Service Continuation Plan." Deere has kept operations at their affected plants running since the October 14 strike began by calling in trained, salaried non-union employees.

Deere spokesperson Jennifer Hartmann told FOX Business Wednesday evening, "We are continuing discussions with the UAW, but we believe we’ve exhausted our options economically – while still remaining competitive. Our employees currently earn the best wages and benefits in the industry."

When reached by FOX Business for a response to Deere's position, UAW spokesperson Brian Rothenburg said, "We are still on strike. The elected bargaining team Vice President [Chuck] Browning and the UAW team continue to discuss next steps."

"The UAW appreciates the community support of our members on the picket line," Rothenburg added.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
What else is in the contract.....like maybe language to close certain plants?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Aint nuthin ever free.

If theyre offering you something theyre also gonna take away something.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should all be fired and Deeere should continue with their salaried, non-union workers.

Deere should then move all operations to At Will States.

Screw those union commies.

Stupid should be painful, especially in this uncertain economy.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/03/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
And that is part of the risk.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by hookeye

Aint nuthin ever free.

If theyre offering you something theyre also gonna take away something.

No fan of labor unions and especially not the UAW but this is often the case when union members reject labor contracts containing what sounds like 'juicy' economic packages... Ironically, the liberal news media reports the juicy stuff to the general public but rarely ever details the critical issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree.
But I gotta say, I'd love to vote on that next year in our contract.
Sure beats the 3% raises we don't always get.
The $350/month insurance with $3 or 4k deductibles.

A smart man would try to give up that $8500 bonus in return for more
raise.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
UAW=You ain't working!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Deere said ... they will "execute the next phase of our Customer Service Continuation Plan."

What does this mean?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by High_Noon
They should all be fired and Deeere should continue with their salaried, non-union workers.

Deere should then move all operations to At Will States.

Screw those union commies.

Stupid should be painful, especially in this uncertain economy.

Bullshit, they are working with what they have...good luck to them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by joken2

No fan of labor unions and especially not the UAW but this is often the case when union members reject labor contracts containing what sounds like 'juicy' economic packages... Ironically, the liberal news media reports the juicy stuff to the general public but rarely ever details the critical issues.

From what I've read Deere is trying to get them to give up pensions, that's why it keeps getting voted down. As usual the media puts out a bunch of slanted BS and leaves out the real story.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

From what I've read Deere is trying to get them to give up pensions, that's why it keeps getting voted down. As usual the media puts out a bunch of slanted BS and leaves out the real story.

And as usual the resident jack-asses start pointing the finger and shouting "commie"...too stupid to realize it is mostly working men trying to do for their families.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

The story is pro Deere. I thought the media was pro democrat.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OldHat

Media is pro anything that will make a buck regardless of whose arse it has to lick.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Media is pro anything that will make a buck regardless of whose arse it has to lick.

Recent events show that to be false, obviously.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

And as usual the resident jack-asses start pointing the finger and shouting "commie"...too stupid to realize it is mostly working men trying to do for their families.

In the US the unions vote democrat overwhelmingly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't give a flying fuck what they vote...they are doing for their own which is what we all do.

Or don't you think workers should be able to stand and bargain to do better...maybe you think they should just roll over and take a screwing like obedient dogs.

Screw you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ok, we'll pay you what you want, but we're gonna lay off half of ya to do it!

if its on face value a money grab by the union, shame on them, but I have to believe there is more to the story. It would be hard for any working man to walk away from that kind of offer.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Local 798 openly supported Trump

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.