Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As to the weight difference, it's about 4oz with aluminum bottom metal, 5-6oz with steel.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Remember - the the process of losing that weight you also get a purely superior round - faster, more accurate, reloads better. Just flat out better AND lighter. Plus you get to cut almost 1/2" off the barrel to have the same effective barrel length.

The WSM is just the better design round. It's a fact. That's hard for the fangirls to take (hence all the butthurt) but that's the way it is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, if the weight of an average apple, or a half a deck of cards, is “substantial “, then you’re exactly right, I’m a special kind of stupid.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
As to the weight difference, it's about 4oz with aluminum bottom metal, 5-6oz with steel.

Hey Bob, if your rifle weighed 4 oz more than mine, would you kill less stuff with it?

Or just piss and moan so much that it seemed that way?

ROR!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Remember - the the process of losing that weight you also get a purely superior round - faster, more accurate, reloads better. Just flat out better AND lighter. Plus you get to cut almost 1/2" off the barrel to have the same effective barrel length.

The WSM is just the better design round. It's a fact. That's hard for the fangirls to take (hence all the butthurt) but that's the way it is.

Now that’s one for the “You Gotta Be [bleep] Me, Private Pyle” file.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I prefer the design of the .30-06 to the WSM. The '06 feeds much better due to the more sloping and narrower shoulder, it holds the ideal amount of powder without having excessive recoil or muzzle blast, you can fit 4 or 5 in the magazine as opposed to 3, no need to have a canoe floor-plate that adds weight and sticks out etc if you want to get a decent magazine capacity of 4, no problem of long heavy bullets seating too far down into the case because you are using a short action, no rebated rim to cause feeding problems, you can just neck-size most of the time instead of having to bump the shoulder back each time like on some of the WSM cases. On a .30-06, you want a bit of weight, so any slight weight saving if you were to use a short action WSM is irrelevant. I'd rather face a grizzly with a rifle full of 180 grain .30-06 cartridges than with a rifle holding a few 180 grain WSM cases that don't feed as well.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 11/05/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think this debate was settled in 1906

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Llama Bob, is this you?

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The 30-06 is better than the 300 WSM for the reasons Riflehunter made!

The 300 magnums I like are the H&H, the Win Mag and the Weatherby. I have no desire to have a WSM. If I were to have one, it would be in the Ruger#1 and the detractions of the cartridge would be minimized. But even in the #1, the WSM would be a poorer choice than many other chamberings.

If I had to go with only one center fire for the rest of my life for game (not Prairie dogs), I'd be satisfied with the 30-06.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I love how when the fangirls are presented with indisputable facts, namely that the .300WSM offers purely superior performance to the .30-06 in a smaller lighter package due to superior cartridge design, they have to come up with something to salve their butthurt. So they trot out Melvin Forbes, maker of $4000 garbage rifles that don't hold zero in field positions. He's got so many pissed off customers he's on failed venture 3 (or is it 4?). My understanding is that he can't even use his own name on his rifles anymore as it was sold off in a bankruptcy auction. So now it's new new ultralight craprifles or whatever

Yup, Melvin is the perfect foil for you girls. Send him your money, get garbage in return, and pretend you didn't get screwed laugh

What does "don't hold zero in field positions" mean?

Your post just demonstrated that you know nothing about either the history of Ultra Light Arms or the rifles themselves. Have you actually ever even seen one? Is the rest of your vast rifle knowledge as confused as this?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
John, it's not fair to tease the retarded.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings little lamb.

Do you really not know the difference between real world rifle/action weights and marketing rifle/action weights?

Last edited by Pabst; 11/05/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
JB understand your post and why. Just to remind you though that lb ain't muddy girl he is more like swine and when you wrestle with pigs they like it, but you still get covered with their mud and sh*t just put the dumbass on ignore like all the other attention whores. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 11/05/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bob,

Yeah, I know that! But sometimes I can't help myself.

I don't put anybody on ignore, partly because somebody else often quotes their stupid posts anyway in another post. But I am usually pretty good about ignoring them the old-fashioned way....

Thanks,
John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I love how when the fangirls are presented with indisputable facts, namely that the .300WSM offers purely superior performance to the .30-06 in a smaller lighter package due to superior cartridge design, they have to come up with something to salve their butthurt. So they trot out Melvin Forbes, maker of $4000 garbage rifles that don't hold zero in field positions. He's got so many pissed off customers he's on failed venture 3 (or is it 4?). My understanding is that he can't even use his own name on his rifles anymore as it was sold off in a bankruptcy auction. So now it's new new ultralight craprifles or whatever

Yup, Melvin is the perfect foil for you girls. Send him your money, get garbage in return, and pretend you didn't get screwed laugh

What does "don't hold zero in field positions" mean?

Your post just demonstrated that you know nothing about either the history of Ultra Light Arms or the rifles themselves. Have you actually ever even seen one? Is the rest of your vast rifle knowledge as confused as this?

Oh I know all about his history of failed ventures, name changes, unhappy customers, and play-you-for-a-sucker pricing. It's amazing how every one of his rifles in a magazine is wonderful, but no accuracy results are provided and 3rd party reviews are consistently that he makes inaccurate garbage that doesn't hold its zero in field positions. Now I wonder how that could happen laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
"their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I doubt he seriously believes all that nonsense. I think that unlike normal people who get enjoyment out of learning things or contributing their knowledge for others, he gets enjoyment out of annoying normal decent people. That's how he gets his kicks.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Melvin Forbes it to rifles what John Hennessey is to performance cars - he charges twice what he should, delivers half what he should, and is continually having to turn the business over to get a fresh start because he screwed his old customers. That's why every few years it's a new corporate entity with a new equity stake. And like John Hennessey, there are plenty of magazine whores more than willing to ignore this well known history and pretend that his next venture will deliver exactly what you want.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Performance aside I just don’t like the look of the .300 WSM cartridge and I do like how the 30-06 looks. I use the .30-30 more than anything so optimizing cartridge performance isn't really a concern for me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How 'bout that .257 Roberts!? Pretty good cartridge, eh?

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.