Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll tell ya what makes a nice noise...dragging 30ft of logging chain out of front end loader bucket lol

At about 7:05 am

That or go hammer the mortar out a wheel barrow. 🤪

Got someone that’s been working on a farm beside us this morning. It’s legit work so just the way it is.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Yeah... folks can be weird anymore.

I got a neighbor that gets all pissy if we shoot does on MY LAND...

Core of his argument is that does make big bucks... and he and his kids only hunt bucks... and the does live on his land too.

I don't argue with him anymore... I shoot whatever I like... we have way too many does anyway. just sucks that people act stupid.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Can do you one better than that.

Have a neighbor to a 240ish acre property that 3 of us have exclusive rights to. Guy owns a long, skinny 15 acre sliver with ours on three sides. Basically a chunk of side hill with bottom access via an easement. Parks at the bottom and drives a fuggin' four wheeler up, lol.

Rolls up on us last bow season and I shi.t you not starts telling us he has two target bucks he's seen in the field (ours) and he knows we have a stand in a point that juts into the field cause hes seen us walk in. Would appreciate it if we laid off that stand since he's targeting these bucks. Also, lets us know exactly where the property line is (thanks) and he will not be granting access to track deer if needed.

Welcomed him to the neighborhood. Informed him that not only would we be hunting the point we would also be hunting the ridge above his property frequently. And the edge of a bedding area on the opposite side of him. Likely a bale blind we'd go ahead and pull out of a utility shed on the farm and place right off the field edge under him. Might even get a crew together for some opening weekend drives during rifle season. Best of luck with those target bucks you've been watching on OUR property, lol.

He looked, in a word, dejected after the encounter. Must have played out differently in his head...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
and informed me that I can no longer hunt his property. I bought my 5 acre lot from him and let him farm 3 acres, free of charge, for 12 years. Now his boy has taken over the farming operation and his buddies are going to hunt the area I was in, may be 15 acres of woods on an 80 acre plot. Nice place that the deer ran from cover to cover.

2 friggin' weeks before deer season and I am S-O-L. It was a good run while it lasted. 9uck!!

Always nice to hear stories of good ole country boy will survive ethics.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by barnabus
target practice at prime deer movement is what id do.

Do that in Texas and a Game Warden will pay you a visit and you won't like the outcome. Hunter harassment is against the law and they do enforce it.

Originally Posted by joken2

Eventually they will shoot a deer that is either already on your property or winds up running over onto your property and dies.

"Sorry, those 'No Trespassing' signs mean EXACTLY that".

I have an agreement with my neighbors. Should a deer wind up on my property just call me and we will get it back to you. Life is too short to be a Jackass. smile

Jim

So in TX it’s illegal for a guy to shoot beer cans on his own property because someone may be hunting the place next door? I don’t know for sure but I kinda doubt it and if true TX is a bigger mess than I thought.

Our Game Wardens are pretty smart. So are the people who live here. Make it a point to raise hell during the morning and evening hunt times near hunters and it will be obvious what is going on. First we talk and if that doesn't work we call the Wardens. Cell phone video helps as well. We are not fugged up here. Also, most of the places here are bigger than a few acres and a little noise won't bother anyone. We will chit chat here before calling the Wardens. What neck of the country do you call home?

Jim

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m north of you across the Red River. If someone is wants to shoot a round of trap every evening during deer season there ain’t a dang thing the guy across the fence can do about it as long as it’s not endangering him or his livestock. Unless I guess the guy target shooting was to admit that he was only shooting to mess up the neighbors’ hunt, but why would anyone say that.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I helped a rancher put up his hay, helped with spring round up and branding, helped again with fall round up, helped fix a broken water line. I now have a place to hunt.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Do that in Texas and a Game Warden will pay you a visit and you won't like the outcome. Hunter harassment is against the law and they do enforce it.

Eventually they will shoot a deer that is either already on your property or winds up running over onto your property and dies.

I have an agreement with my neighbors. Should a deer wind up on my property just call me and we will get it back to you. Life is too short to be a Jackass. smile

Jim

Being a "Jackass" can apply both ways... Sometimes a "Jackass" action results in consequential "Jackass" actions by others.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Some dudes be haulin country hams and whatnot out to meemaw and peepaw with 80 acres.

Lickin dat ass

That “i’ll shut your gates and help you fix fences” jive don’t work.

Pfffft

Country ham baby!!!

Ohhh yeah, no one wants any of the deer meat. LOL so that “i’ll share half the deer with the landowner” haha, they’d probably tell you to toss their half in a ditch. 😀

Don't foget................................bring 'em a pie wit dat ham.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Farmers are fuggers in my experience. Much better to find a rancher, they are a much better folks.

So you hate farmers.....or are you just jealous that some farmers owns and work the land that you don't own?

That being said, I guess you must grow ALL your own food and have your own cows for milk/cheese/butter cause ranchers don't do that

Thank you for proving my point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Farmers are fuggers in my experience. Much better to find a rancher, they are a much better folks.

So you hate farmers.....or are you just jealous that some farmers owns and work the land that you don't own?

That being said, I guess you must grow ALL your own food and have your own cows for milk/cheese/butter cause ranchers don't do that

That you are a jackass, sure any time.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
and informed me that I can no longer hunt his property. I bought my 5 acre lot from him and let him farm 3 acres, free of charge, for 12 years. Now his boy has taken over the farming operation and his buddies are going to hunt the area I was in, may be 15 acres of woods on an 80 acre plot. Nice place that the deer ran from cover to cover.

2 friggin' weeks before deer season and I am S-O-L. It was a good run while it lasted. 9uck!!
Yer in WI... Plenty of public lands to hunt on... BTDT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Boise
I helped a rancher put up his hay, helped with spring round up and branding, helped again with fall round up, helped fix a broken water line. I now have a place to hunt.

This right here ^^^^^^^^ that is the best way to get hunting rights granted to you on anything I own

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

That you are a jackass, sure any time.

Typical YANKEE. Connecticut deserves you.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Wife and I have a saying ... “once you say yes, you can never say no”. If you say no upfront, people don’t get too upset, if you say yes then a couple years later say no you’ve made an enemy for life.

Years ago a part-time resident/neighbor asked me to give him a private landowner elk tag authorization to hunt on somebody else’s land. I had an extra so gave it to him. Didn’t hear anything from him until the next year, he asked for another, and I gave him another. Still didn’t hear from him until ayear later he asked for a third authorization ... I said sure, but you’ll have to give half the meat if you get an elk. He gave a nasty look and said no, I haven’t heard from him since.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a love/hate relationship with hunting season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is quite a punch in the gut with the 9 day gun season 2 weeks away. Hope you can find an alternative, maybe something even better may come out of this.

Some in this thread talked about ways to gain permission to hunt on private land. My Dad and I gave permission to hunt on our farms for several years and accepted good gestures of appreciation, but did not require it. A couple of incidents changed all that. A hunter helped around the farm during harvest and he was good help. Unfortunately he was involved in a accident when hooking up a grain cart and smashed a hand and broke his right hip. He sued for medical bills and loss of work and good thing we had liability insurance.

On another occasion, we gave a guy permission to retrieve a deer on our land and while leaving drove his SxS on a logging road and somehow rolled it into a ditch landing on top of him. His hunting buddies came looking for him later that night and stopped at Dad's house and he called me to help locate the guy. We found him pinned under the SxS and we called 911 for assistance. We got the SxS off him and he was complaining about his neck, but did not appear to suffer any other injuries. Long story, short he sued us for medical care, but we took it to court and before going to trial the suit was dropped after our lawyers determined his blood alcohol level was over the top, SxS was reported stolen, no deer hunting license, was in the third year of a 5 year suspended hunting and fishing fine. You could say we dodged a bullet. That ended giving permission to outsiders, however neighbors that allow us to hunt on their land can hunt on ours.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
Things change, we’ve all probably gone through it, I know i have.

I had to tell a man and his grown son to get their stands and vacate my property a couple months ago. They have been a problem for 10 years. Terrible hunters, piss poor ethics, I finally had enough. The father actually argued that he actually had a ‘right’ to hunt since he had been hunting there since my uncle gave them permisssion when he was the owner.

I have found that if you let someone hunt on your place they will assume they own the hunting rights. The worst mistake I ever made was giving a semi retarded mama's boy neighbor the right to hunt on our place. He violated every rule I put on him. He shot over onto the neighbor's place, threatened a neighboring land owner with murder, drove his ATV on the place when I was hunting, made 15 or more ATV trips a day looking for deer, was just a general nuisance. When I gave him the boot he wanted to kill me. It escalated to where the sheriff came out and killed him.

Except for my kids and brother in law the only one I would consider giving permission to hunt or shoot would be someone I already hate since that's how it's going to end up. There are other cases where I have had to terminate a hunting lease due to family wanting the land and it creates an ugly situation every time.

If someone lets you hunt you for free you had best kiss their ass and help them in the off season a little.

Yikes, the cops shot him?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TheKid

Jim

So in TX it’s illegal for a guy to shoot beer cans on his own property because someone may be hunting the place next door? I don’t know for sure but I kinda doubt it and if true TX is a bigger mess than I thought.

lots of idiots on here cant read and follow a conversation that a three old could.. ill shoot cans on my property if i plz and there aint a thing any warden will do about it.
gosh some of you are stupid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
Things change, we’ve all probably gone through it, I know i have.

I had to tell a man and his grown son to get their stands and vacate my property a couple months ago. They have been a problem for 10 years. Terrible hunters, piss poor ethics, I finally had enough. The father actually argued that he actually had a ‘right’ to hunt since he had been hunting there since my uncle gave them permisssion when he was the owner.

I have found that if you let someone hunt on your place they will assume they own the hunting rights. The worst mistake I ever made was giving a semi retarded mama's boy neighbor the right to hunt on our place. He violated every rule I put on him. He shot over onto the neighbor's place, threatened a neighboring land owner with murder, drove his ATV on the place when I was hunting, made 15 or more ATV trips a day looking for deer, was just a general nuisance. When I gave him the boot he wanted to kill me. It escalated to where the sheriff came out and killed him.

Except for my kids and brother in law the only one I would consider giving permission to hunt or shoot would be someone I already hate since that's how it's going to end up. There are other cases where I have had to terminate a hunting lease due to family wanting the land and it creates an ugly situation every time.

If someone lets you hunt you for free you had best kiss their ass and help them in the off season a little.

Yikes, the cops shot him?

Absolutely, I've posted this story before. I got a restraining order on him due to his shooting across our property to scare us after I booted him off our place. Short story, he violated the judge's orders, the sheriff came out to take him to jail. He and his mother came out with guns and confronted the sheriff. The sheriff killed them both. The idiot boy barely missed the sheriff with a load of buckshot.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People wanna fish, cut firewood, ride their horse, trap minnows, shoot gophers, hunt deer and pheasants and geese, trap/shoot coyotes, pick June berries, ride snow mobile, look for sheds, etc..

It never ends.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.