Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I recently sent my rifle with a Swaro Z6 3-18x50 off to an outfit for load development. On the way back it was damaged in shipping. The elevation turret sheared right off. No idea how this happened but the entire thing with the multi colored rings broke off. There’s no apparent exterior damage. The gun was in a cheap plastic hard case and inside a box. The box did not appear damaged either.

Is this something that can be repaired myself? Assuming I can get Swaro to send me the new parts, of course. Problem is, I can’t tell how to get what’s left of the broken part (plastic! Really Swaro? Plastic!) out. There’s no screw or anything obvious.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Contact Swarovski. They have an amazing customer service dept. Explain what happened. They will fix it for you for free or for little money. They will go through the scope and it will be returned better than new.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Call the Swaro repair center in R.I. You will almost certainly have to send the scope to them.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Contact Swarovski. They have an amazing customer service dept. Explain what happened. They will fix it for you for free or for little money. They will go through the scope and it will be returned better than new.

They send out Nightforces now?......

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, I have multiple other Swarovski optics products. I know their customer service is fantastic. But I was trying to avoid having to send the scope back. It’s already brand new, less than 50 shots through it. I don’t really want to go through the delay in the middle of hunting season, nor do I want to have to waste ammo/components dialing it back in. So that’s why I was asking if anyone has ever had experience where they send you the parts and walk you through a minor repair like this.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The ballistic turret is just a plastic contraption that sits on the elevation turret itself. It's held down only by the screw cap top (the one with the coin slot that can also be turned with a brass cartridge rim). That is probably all that is broken and they could probably send replacements that drop on.

While the BT is a set of plastic pieces, it works very well and is lightweight. It is not the erector itself, but basically a user customizable knob that sits on the erector turret. I consider it ideal for hunting, but I can only imagine that precision rifle guys would scoff at it. Now if it was knocked off in shipping, it could also be knocked off in the field, but that should not affect the turret underneath or the zero, provided you know where the zero is with the BT removed, looking at the metal dial underneath.

I also have wonderful experience with their RI shop. If you contact them and end up sending it in, they'll likely take care of everything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

They send out Nightforces now?......

LOL, thanks for that Don.

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
The ballistic turret is just a plastic contraption that sits on the elevation turret itself. It's held down only by the screw cap top (the one with the coin slot that can also be turned with a brass cartridge rim). That is probably all that is broken and they could probably send replacements that drop on.

While the BT is a set of plastic pieces, it works very well and is lightweight. It is not the erector itself, but basically a user customizable knob that sits on the erector turret. I consider it ideal for hunting, but I can only imagine that precision rifle guys would scoff at it. Now if it was knocked off in shipping, it could also be knocked off in the field, but that should not affect the turret underneath or the zero, provided you know where the zero is with the BT removed, looking at the metal dial underneath.

I also have wonderful experience with their RI shop. If you contact them and end up sending it in, they'll likely take care of everything.

The part with the coin slot broke off entirely. So uncrewing it will not do anything other than disassemble the broken off part of the turret. I need to disassemble the part that is still stuck in the scope, so that when/if they send me an entire replacement turret assembly, I can re-install it.

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
FWIW, if Nightforce made a scope that weighed less than a cinder block and had a simple reticle, I’d buy one in a heartbeat. I’m a hunter, I don’t even know what PRS is.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
FWIW, if Nightforce made a scope that weighed less than a cinder block and had a simple reticle, I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

Amen.
But I did buy one just to play with.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper

my interpretation of this post is:

The ballistic turret is just a plastic contraption = piece of fugging chit

it works very well = for those that don't use it much

user customizable knob = for those too lazy to learn to dial, and does not have enuff adjustment to shoot very far

I consider it ideal for hunting, but I can only imagine that precision rifle guys would scoff at it = it's not just precision guys that scoff at the fragility of the cheesewad turrets and erectors

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
.But I did buy one just to play with.......

If you play with it very much, you'll not be afraid of a few ounces of extra weight.......

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Can we please not tank my post into Swarovski bashing? I’m not interested in opinions. I just want to get this fixed with minimal fuss.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 11/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
you are so right. I will be quiet now. But only because you are a 'hunter', and know all about what is good for you. Swarovski don't need anymore help from me, as your swaro experience does enuff 'bashing', of it's very own.....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You got yourself a nitrogen purger???

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did it just come unscrewed?

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by horse1
You got yourself a nitrogen purger???

A good chamber style vacuum sealer with the inert gas ports on the back like the one I have. 😁. Never tried using it for scope repair.

I’m sure if the OP calls Swaro they’ll take care of him.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I recently sent my rifle with a Swaro Z6 3-18x50 off to an outfit for load development. On the way back it was damaged in shipping. The elevation turret sheared right off. No idea how this happened but the entire thing with the multi colored rings broke off. There’s no apparent exterior damage. The gun was in a cheap plastic hard case and inside a box. The box did not appear damaged either.

Is this something that can be repaired myself? Assuming I can get Swaro to send me the new parts, of course. Problem is, I can’t tell how to get what’s left of the broken part (plastic! Really Swaro? Plastic!) out. There’s no screw or anything obvious.

That's how they keep it light.. Good luck with it though.. My buddy has a few of those scopes and they are nice, but the color coordinating on the turret seems strange. Why not just numbers? I guess it works well for some guys.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Can we please not tank my post into Swarovski bashing? I’m not interested in opinions. I just want to get this fixed with minimal fuss.

The easiest and quickest fix is to pull it off and replace it. I wonder how long it will take Swaro to fix it? How much will they charge?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Called Swaro. They said I’m gonna have to send it in. 2 week turnaround. Not bad. C’est la vie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,237
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.